TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
TVCH's Home & Life Organization

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization users admin

Visit Flylady's website at: *Flylady.net

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Household Notebook/Control JournalLkunkel08-06-04  11:01 pm
ARCHIVESDipo2425 98 07-03-18  12:19 pm
Archive through July 11, 2018Dipo25 07-11-18  6:08 pm
Archive through July 17, 2018Wargod25 07-17-18  3:09 pm
Archive through July 24, 2018Wargod25 07-24-18  3:30 am
Archive through July 29, 2018Wargod25 07-29-18  6:34 pm
Archive through August 06, 2018Dipo25 08-06-18  4:10 pm
Archive through August 13, 2018Dipo25 08-13-18  1:09 pm
Archive through August 21, 2018Wargod25 08-21-18  4:36 am
Archive through August 29, 2018Dipo25 08-29-18  2:24 pm
Archive through September 08, 2018Dipo25 09-08-18  2:45 pm
Archive through September 17, 2018Dipo25 09-17-18  2:02 pm
  Start New Thread        

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 2:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Darren came home from work, I put my shoes on, grabbed my cell phone and wallet and stopped dead in my tracks while saying, "Awww!" Darren looked at me and laughed because he realized it had just hit me Dakota wasn't home to go shopping with me. She's my shopping buddy, lol. Jokes on him, I needed to pick a couple cases of water up and I can't pick that up with my wrists, so he was going to have to go with me.

We actually didn't make it any further than the front door. Mom bought a new car today and my nieces wanted a ride in it, so she brought them home with her (sis had to pick middle niece up at the high school late today which is just down the street.) Darren lucked out, I roped my oldest niece into going with me and doing the heavy lifting.

I only managed the store and cleaning up the kitchen. Wasn't really much to do, but I just didn't feel like doing the laundry.

Tomorrow I'll finish Kota's last load. I'm thinking about straightening up my bedroom, changing sheets, and doing a quickie clean on the bathroom.

I asked Dakota how she liked the swing shift. She said it's very quiet at work at that time (less people working,) and she managed to get quite a bit done. She also said she felt lazy "sleeping in," not getting up til 8 and that she showered, got dressed, had breakfast and realized it was only 845 and she wasn't sure what she was supposed to do with all the time before work, lol. She ended up going fun shoppipng...Michael's is having a sale on canvases so I'd asked her to stop and pick me up some, she got some for herself too. And since she was over there, she went to the Vans store to buy shoes cuz she has a big ole shoe addiction and then went to buy a couple sets of jammies. She had birthday money and gift cards to spend.

I figure it'll take her a while to adjust. She's still on that going to bed early and waking up early schedule and it doesn't help that her friends and Caleb are either in class or working in the mornings. And with her boyfriend living out of state for the time being, she's kind of at loose ends. About the only person she has to hang out with is my oldest niece. Good thing they are close, lol!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Too funny, I am sure she will get used to the schedule and find all kinds of things to occupy that time.

I did a little clean on the bathroom floor yesterday, I had read a flylady email about someone using the rubba scruba to sweep up kitty litter and thought, hmmmm, I bet that would work in the bathroom. I haven't used it on the kitty litter yet, need to take out the litter rug first, but I ran it around the toilet base and floors and got a ton of kitty hair! It was fab, so now I need to finish cleaning the bathroom.

Not sure what else, Oh yeah, I have to finish the pile of mail I didn't finish yesterday.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Managed to clean up the kitchen a bit and finished off the mail!

Need to phone for a hair appointment and flu shot. My doc wants me to come in for my annual checkup but I don't want to go if I can't get a flu shot, LOL.

Oh and I cleaned the kitty feeding station, watered the plants and new water for the kitties (I use the old kitty water for the plants).

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

I finished Kota's laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, did a bit of picking up around the house, and some work in the backyard. Said pfft on my bedroom and bathroom...part of that was I forgot to take the bucket of cleaning supplies up last night and I've found if I skip doing that, I'm not likely to do it. It's like once I'm out of my bedroom for the day, I'm pretty much done, lol.

I'm not sure about tomorrows plans yet. My bedroom/bathroom is on the list til I get to it, but other than that I don't have much to do.

I'm pretty sure once Kota gets used to the new schedule, she'll like having the morning free.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL about the cleaning supplies, isn't it funny how we have the certain way we do things.

Not sure what I am going to do today except make potato salad. I wanted to have something already made since we are going into heat for a few days. It will go with my hotdogs, LOL.

I ended up forgetting to call for my hair and flu shot so will do that today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Potato salad made, kitchen cleaned again, LOL. Just realized that once again I forgot to make those phone calls I mentioned above.

I did get the tp restocked, so that's a good thing.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 2:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Heh, I'm ahead of Flylady! I did my bathroom and bedroom today, including changing the sheets. Also cleaned up the kitchen.

Tomorrow, haven't thought about it yet. Probably just whatever I see that needs to be done.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Boy that seems like a very simple mission, I always fluff my pillows just in case the kitties decide to take their afternoon nap there, LOL.

I was going to run the dishwasher this morning and then I remembered that the water is supposed to be turned off for an hour at 7.30 to 8.30.

I noticed I need to do some dusting in the living room and office so maybe I will work on that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I did get my hair appointment scheduled, still need to do that flu shot thing. And I ran the dishwasher, so need to get it unloaded.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 3:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

I'm deliberately reading Flylady's post for Friday as saying, "PAJAMA DAY!" With a good book and some tea! I can dream, right, lol?

Today's fun...cleaned up the kitchen, washed the sheets that I took off the bed yesterday and did another load of laundry I gathered up from everyone.

Kota had a dr appt today. She had her physical, oh, about 3 weeks ago? They called me a couple days later, but when I called back...I had no idea who they were calling for. And since each dr/pa has their own nurse who makes the calls, there really wasn't a way for the admin assistant to figure out who had called about which one of us, lol. So I told Kota, call them, see if it was for you. Unfortunately she got their machine. Next day, they called her, but she was at work and didn't answer the phone.

She came home and said, yeah they were calling for me. I asked why? She said, well, it's weird, the message is from her nurse, wants to know if it hurts when I pee? For the next week and a half, they played phone tag. Finally got ahold of them and she scheduled the appointment. Come to find out, she has sediment in her urine...means that when she had the kidney stone (or stones) at least one part broke off and now she has sediment. She's not having any pain, no problems peeing or with her urine being odd, so they're not going to do anything yet.

She's got an appt scheduled to go have a check up in 3 months. Unless of course, she suddenly starts having problems. The rest of her blood work was good, except for her vitamin d being a little low. And, here's why you don't google stuff like I did...there's a link between low vitamin d and kidney disease. At this point, I'm not too worried because the dr isn't. Kota's lactose intolerant and doesn't eat or drink dairy. She's also pretty fair skinned and learned to always use sunscreen and limit her time in the sun. Dr (knowing both these things) told her to take a multi vitamin.

Tomorrow's plans, I'm really not sure. Friday kind of snuck up on me, I was making lunches for tomorrow and came up with a small grocery list when I saw I was running low on fresh fruit and veggies. Then I realized it's Thursday and I have enough to make it through the weekend. If I go buying that stuff tomorrow, we'll be rushing to eat it next week before it all goes bad. Might as well wait 2 or 3 days before doing that.

Don't really have that much else to do.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I keep hearing about a lot of people low on Vit D lately. Must be from all the sunscreen, I wonder if you can sit in morning sun for 15 minutes without sunscreen to get enough D, maybe that would work.

I did finish sweeping up the bathroom floor and took out the litter rug to air. Need to finish unloading the dishwasher, refill some water and soda bottles. I noticed either a dirty pawprint or something stuck to the bottom of my shoe has left spots on the bedroom floor, so at some point I will get out the bona and mop it.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Yes, 15-30 minutes a day of sun with no sunscreen should be enough vitamin D for the day. Kota, like me, is very fair skinned (she's more fair skinned than I am which is saying something since I'm a freckled red head to boot!) and doesn't tan at all. 15-30 minutes in the sun and she'll start to burn. And we (collective human we there) knew more about the dangers of sun damage when Kota was little and growing up, so daily sunscreen has always been part of her life and she has always had lectures from me and her doctors about protecting her sensitive, pasty white skin, lol. Sun screen is part of her daily beauty ritual, she carries a tube in her purse in case she's out longer than she expected, and has a tube at work for those times she has to spend more time outside than usual.

I'm guessing there's a fine line between getting enough sun to amp up the Vit D to normal levels and not getting enough to cause skin damage. Especially for someone who is lactose intolerant and severely limits dairy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was just thinking that even with your fair skins if you just did 15 minutes you might be ok.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Took out the trash and picked up the mail. I swear I get more junk mail. I got 3 things of interest, some books I ordered, a people magazine (which I don't have a subscription to, so now I have to go and check my credit cards for a bad charge) and some Kaiser stuff for next years coverage.

So now I will have other things to do, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 22, 2018 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Budget board meeting today, got that done! Refilled some water bottles and I need to clean up the kitchen, so hopefully will get that done later today. For now, it's time for some lunch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 12:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the dishwasher unloaded and the kitchen cleaned up, that's it for today.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 12:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I probably wouldn't sit in the sun, without sunscreen, at like mid day for even 15 minutes. However, earlier or later in the day or when it's not 100 degrees, I could do it without burning. Dakota's got to use sunscreen on her arm to drive to work or she burns, she's really pale.

I've been doing the normal picking up here and there, cleaning up the kitchen type stuff. I did wash out my kitchen trash can today, it needed it. Also made enchillada pie for dinner, been a while since I've done that.

We've been dealing with the smoke from the Charlie fire today, along with a smaller one somewhere here in town today. Temps have been so decent that we've been opening the windows and doors and it got bad fast. Ended up having to close everything up and turn on the a/c. Can't imagine how much worse it is closer to the fire!

We did movie date night tonight, went with a Gabriel Iglesias (Fluffy) special on Netflix.

Tomorrow, I might do a load of laundry. I need to go to the grocery store for a few fruits/veggies for the week, but I can put that off another day or two. Other than that, I'm not planning on much.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, I love Fluffy, hahahahaha. I forgot I swept in the office, I don't know how so much cat hair gets under there but I noticed it so it got swept.

So far I have read the sunday paper, completed my solitaire contest; could only finish 29 of 30 comps but I am currently in 4th place, anazing. Also refilled some soda bottles and made a list of minor chores for the day.

But first, LOL ... coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Went to get my coffe and ended up putting away the hand wash dishes and then got distracted by cleaning the disposal gasket. It is really amazing how filty that thing gets and I hardly put any food down there, LOL.

Just the stuff that washes off the dishes so that would mostly be leftover mushy cat food. Anyway now it is clean and the sink scrubbed, the rest of the water bottles refilled and I pulled out a new filter for the brita container. It has to soak a bit before I can change it out.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 3:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Fluffy is awesome, lol. The kids got us into him a while back.

Yeah, I did nothing today other than the bare minimum. It was a lovely day outside, I spent time on the patio reading.

Haven't decided what I'm going to do this week yet. I should do the load of laundry I didn't do this weekend, otherwise it's going to pile up on me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear! I have down some stuff today, but was just playing a computer game and my tablet says I am about out of power which is odd because I have it plugged in. So I reached over to feel if the kitty heating pad was warm, cold.... then I remembered the outrageous behavoirs last night under the bed.

I had to scold both kitties, first Nala, trying to figure out what she was doing under there, It sounded like they were climbing the box springs while hanging upside down. So I got her to come out and then Sylvester took over, had some chats with him as well.

So I had to pull the bed out from the wall because they had somehow managed to pull the plug out of the wall!!! I can't even imagine how they managed it and now I am terrified they are going to electrocute themselves.

Anyway, got it plugged back in and the bed put back together and then put back into place. So now I need to research if there is something I put over the plug with the two plugs filled to protect it from the kitties!

This is just so funny, never had any of my numerous cats unlplug a cord. OMG. So now I will get on with my other chores.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got my health insurance stuff sorted out, but found out that when I go on Medicare my Kaiser doesn't automatically switch over, darnit!!! Thank goodness I have a year to go before I need to deal with that,

Now time to balance my checkbook, deal with bills, move money if I need to, then take out the recyling, etc., and get the mail.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 24, 2018 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Balanced my checkbook, and paid the bills for the next 2 weeks, then set up some money transfer, the stock market is making me crazy. But I did see that I could sell one share of Amazon stock and pay my taxes, LOL, they aren't due till December so I will wait on that.

Took out the newspapers and a bag of recycling then got my mail. Still have one bag to go, but will deal with that later.

Only good thing in the mail is some books I ordered.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesdays Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=48044

Not sure what I will do today, have stuff on my list so some things may get done.

Last night I took apart my Brita water container, used the leftover water to water the balcony plants, then I scrubbed it down, put in the new filter and got it all set up. And I swept the leaves off the balcony.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Heh, my little niece is in trouble. Sis and oldest niece are stuck at DMV. Middle niece is at school for volleyball or ROTC. Bil's at work. Little niece is hanging out here til someone picks her up. She's got a project due at the end of the week, had to do a poster board of the 5 regions of the U.S. map. She's got the regions/states drawn out and labelled, now it's coloring time and she asked me for help, lol.

Poor kid has no clue...I love maps! Always have. I love to draw them, love to study them, and love them for art. I'm like, ok, once you color in the regions, you have to write out the color key chart and I see you have the Great Lakes...do you need to put oceans, mountain ranges? State capitols? She's like...I have pictures at home to glue on when I'm done coloring, leave me alone! LOL, she might be sorry she asked for help. I even texted sis to see if one of those pictures happens to be a sea monster she can stick in the ocean labelled, "Here be monsters!"

I think other than some laundry, about all I'll do today is clean up the kitchen.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, that is so funny, she never knew you would add so much to the project, LOL.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: