TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
TVCH's Home & Life Organization

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization users admin

Visit Flylady's website at: *Flylady.net

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Household Notebook/Control JournalLkunkel08-06-04  11:01 pm
ARCHIVESDipo3875 160 10-24-19  4:43 pm
Archive through November 03, 2019Dipo25 11-03-19  12:44 pm
Archive through November 12, 2019Dipo25 11-12-19  3:42 pm
Archive through November 21, 2019Dipo25 11-21-19  6:23 pm
Archive through November 28, 2019Dipo25 11-28-19  9:29 pm
Archive through December 10, 2019Dipo25 12-10-19  4:30 pm
Archive through December 20, 2019Wargod25 12-20-19  1:25 am
Archive through December 27, 2019Dipo25 12-27-19  5:35 pm
Archive through January 07, 2020Dipo25 01-07-20  10:30 am
Archive through January 16, 2020Dipo25 01-16-20  11:59 am
Archive through January 28, 2020Wargod25 01-28-20  11:35 pm
Archive through February 10, 2020Wargod25 02-10-20  1:53 pm
Archive through February 24, 2020Wargod25 02-24-20  10:33 pm
Archive through March 04, 2020Dipo25 03-04-20  11:48 am
Archive through March 13, 2020Dipo25 03-13-20  8:40 pm
Archive through March 23, 2020Dipo25 03-23-20  10:31 am
Archive through March 30, 2020Dipo25 03-30-20  11:47 am
Archive through April 09, 2020Dipo25 04-09-20  10:12 am
Archive through April 15, 2020Dipo25 04-15-20  11:36 am
Archive through April 24, 2020Dipo25 04-24-20  11:50 am
Archive through May 05, 2020Dipo25 05-05-20  6:19 pm
Archive through May 14, 2020Dipo25 05-14-20  2:20 pm
  Start New Thread        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 15, 2020 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Toilet got cleaned last night, it called my name, LOL.

Decided I would concentrate on my bedroom today since I keep waking up congested, was thinking maybe the dust is adding to the pollen issue.

Just dusted the bedroom, shook out the towels that cover the kitty corner and wiped down the stool they sit on to peruse the "wilderness". It really is amazing how much dust can gather everywhere! Dusted the lampshades and lamps, I usually forget about those. Letting the dust settle now, then I will be taking in the vacuum!Time for some coffee.

Oh, and I got my safeway delivery!!!

THERE WAS TP!!!!

I was so surprised, I mean I ordered it but thought by the time they filled my order it would be gone, maybe we are getting a little back to normal in the grocery stores. Only 7 of my eggs made it, have to let customer service know.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 15, 2020 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the bedroom vac'd; did the blinds, ceiling webs, closet webs and floor, then the bedroom floor and under the bed.... then I moved on to the bathroom and vac'd up any loose kitty litter.

So I am done with that and for the day, accomplished all my tasks that I had on the list for the day.

Oh, I need to get the towels off the balcony and put the kitty corner back together.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 15, 2020 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Refilled the birdbath and grabbed the towels, now to sit down and cool off a bit.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 16, 2020 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday!!!!

A good day to goof-off. Not sure if much will get done today, I do need to get the mail, and so I could take out trash and recycling if I do that.

Time for some coffee, email, and research.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 16, 2020 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Put on my mask and took out 2 bags of recycling, one bag of trash and got the mail. 2 things I ordered had been delivered, plus my $4.50 check registers, LOL.

I refilled the bird bath, saw the squirrel come down and take a big drink. Interesting, there are no little birds chirping and I haven't seen any either. Just saw a huge crow come down so the little birds must be hiding.

The wind is picking up and it is getting a bit colder so I think the storm is coming in just as predicted.

Hmmmm, squirrel is back and crow is dive bombing him, they must be having some sort of fight. LMAO.... Nala saw the squirrel for the first time (that I know of) and was very surprised.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday!! A day of thanks and gratitude.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear I posted before but it is not here.

Today I am watching cooking shows, Build off The Grid and Hallmark movies, LOL, and occasionally I pop over to see what David is selling on QVC.

No real plans for cleaning.... off to get some coffee and read the Sunday paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Paper is done, coffee is done. It is still nice outside so I am taking my book and a glass of wine out on the balcony to enjoy before the rain comes!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Let's see, I cleaned up the kitchen, got the cast iron wiped out and put away, loaded up the dishwasher, made some hummingbird food and wiped down the counters.

Got thru my email and tvch, next is twitter and then off to the paper and coffee.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 2:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

It's been rather quiet around here. Still waiting on pea gravel at Ace, so not much in the way of landscaping being done. Just been doing regular housework and changing my mind 100 times about the yard, lol. Ace better hurry up or I'll end up completely changing my plans and won't need them anymore.

Heh, I just posted in another thread I found toilet paper at dollar general. Not only did they have a full shelf of it, but they'd removed the signs about having limits on the paper goods.

Plans for tomorrow, probably nothing different than the last few days. Thinking the kitchen, maybe the bathrooms.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL regarding the toilet paper. I was surprised that my delivery contained it, and it's those huge rolls, I more than I need now.

This morning I have just cleaned up the kitchen and the litter boxes.

Just got a call from my dentist, I had an appointment this week, was wondering what would happen and they are rescheduling. I sure don't feel comfortable going in to the office right now.

Also I can tell the "state" is opening up, I have gotten 3 robo calls this morning, so I suspect the telemarketers must have gotten back to their offices. The weird thing was that 2 were from the Chinese Office of Disease Control (if there really is one of those) and I have no clue why they called me, LOL, since most of the message was in Chinese.

Not sure if I will be doing much more cleaning, I do have a list but nothing really appeals.

Oh, I did clean the bathroom vanity this morning.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The weird thing was that 2 were from the Chinese Office of Disease Control (if there really is one of those) and I have no clue why they called me, LOL, since most of the message was in Chinese.

That's got to be a scam for sure.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I know it was really funny. At first I couldn't figure out what was going on, I was in the other room and could hear weird things being recorded on my answering machine.... it was chinese.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH and my new test for being back to normal is Safeway having Campbell's Tomato Soup available.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Haven't done much more than make some coffee and reschedule my dental cleaning. It is now on July 11 at 3pm. I think by then I should feel comfortable with that closeness!

I do have a list for today but for now I want some coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the dishwasher running and did the hand washing, then dealt with all the mail I had piled up. Planning to make Chrissey Tigen's Amarillo Cheesey Garlic Bread but..... it requires a bunch of butter at room temperature. So now I have the butter sitting out to warm up and then I will make the bread.

Have a bunch of things I want to do in the kitchen, next up is to dust the bookcase then open up the catfood and store it there plus I want to deal with a case of water and store it with the wine bottles.

So those are the things next up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I got the dusting done, water bottles put away and then I pulled all the stuff, kitty feeding station, boxes of catfood, etc., off the floor and mopped the dining room and kitchen.

I have got the kitty feed station back in place, next I will deal with the canned food.

Also refreshed the birdbath and now I see a visitor having a bath.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 21, 2020 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Rugs are vacuumed! Took me a while to figure out why the vac was sucking up the dirt, LOL, then I realized it was on tools instead of floors. Then I couldn't remember where the one rug went, it has been a while since I had this on my list, and then remembered it goes in the hallway. Still have a few rugs to put back into place but taking a little break, I am hot and sweaty.

So time to deal with email, tvch and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 21, 2020 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Went for coffee and realized all the mugs were in the dishwasher so I got that unloaded, then cleaned up the rest of the kitchen.

Also got all the rugs back into their places so now I just need to move everything out of the living room and do a detailed vac before I rearrange it for the summer.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 22, 2020 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Not much going on, just the usual kitchen cleanup, read the paper, play some computer games.

Not sure what else I will get up to. Oh, yesterday I dealt with the HOA email/stuff, so that is an accomplishment. I should do more on my livingroom redo but don't feel like it just yet, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 22, 2020 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Made some iced tea, it's cold brewing, then I refilled a bunch of water bottles, didn't realize I had gone through so many.

Time for some coffee.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 2:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I made some mint iced tea today (one of the few teas I like both hot and cold) and it's been fantastic.

Also got my six scoops of pea gravel delivered today, that was very exciting. Ok, not really having it delivered but that I finally got it. Didn't get all that much done in the backyard though because the wind was blowing too hard to work with the weed fabric stuff.

While we were buying that yesterday, we also looked at and decided on the 18x24 bricks to use as a cheap alternative for a patio on the side of the house, estimated we'd need about 40-50. Now, last year while doing the front yard, we bought around 20 of those and they were $4.99. They are now $9.99. Yeah, I'll figure out something else, lol.

So, we came home and checked the Lowes and Home Depot websites and they don't have the larger ones listed. Decided to go with the 12x12 ones. At Lowes they are $1 a piece (on sale,) Home Depot is $1.39. Ace they are $2.99. We'll be placing an order with Lowes, lol.

Cleaned up the kitchen today and the little in the backyard that was about it today.

Have to go to town tomorrow to run some errands. Not really looking forward to it, but they are things I've already put off so should do it now. Don't really have any other plans.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday!!!!!!

I have just cleaned up the kitchen a bit. I am going to dinner with my friends tonight, we pick up an order and then got to a business park (where there are no people) and have a nice meal sitting apart and chat.

So that led me to pulling some tea towels to use as placemats, plus I usually bring utensils since we never know if we will get any, and depending on what I decide to order and condiments I think we need. This led me to cleaning out a drawer, decided I am getting rid of the aprons I found (3) - haven't worn an apron in several years.

Then I started going thru my drawer where the packaged condiments are and doing a bit of organization. I stopped myself, I do need to deal with it, but I went to the kitchen to get some coffee, LOL.

Have other things to do, will put this on my list to organize.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 24, 2020 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday!!! Time for thankfulness.

My dinner was so nice, we picked up food from Back Forty, and went to our normal business park. Naturally no one was there and we enjoyed the ponds/geese/fountains while we caught up and enjoyed our food.

Have lots of left overs so don't have to heat up the house cooking.

I cleaned the bird bath last night, had noticed it was getting algae. And wen I was packing up the stuff for dinner I got distracted straightening up drawers etc, so today I am going to actually finish that job at some point. Need to organize the condiments and just clean out the drawers. Haven't done that in a while.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, May 25, 2020 - 2:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

We got the part of the backyard that will be a garden (we'll be using planters and pots instead of digging in our hard dirt) covered with pea gravel. Haven't done anymore yet because we'll be getting a delivery of bricks and a shed on Wednesday. Since they will be unloading it all and bringing it in the backyard, we decided not to do anymore landscaping cuz I don't want them having trouble getting back there. I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along so far.

We did get all of our errands in town done yesterday. Happy to get those off my list.

Tomorrow we need to go out and level the yard where the brick patio and the shed will be. Might do some work on building the base for the shed (er, I'll cheer Darren on for that and hand him screws, lol.) We're looking at temps in the upper 90's and 100's this week so might be slow going. Not sure what else I'll get done, but I do have regular housework to do so I'll probably end up working on that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 25, 2020 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!! I don't plan to do much of anything it is going to be tooooooo hot, but I am currently watering the plants and putting the flag out on the balcony.

Sounds like you are making good progress on the backyard Wargod, can't wait to see/hear more. Good plan to do more container type gardening. I have thought about planting something then decide I have enough plants to try and keep alive, LOL.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, May 25, 2020 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Heh, well our yard is dirt, it's good for cacti and succulents and weeds, but not anything less hardy. I think it'd take a lot more gardening know how than I have to turn it into anything better. So containers seemed like the best idea, I can just buy some soil and dump it in and not worry about it, lol.

I wouldn't attempt much beyond cacti and succulents, but with Caleb living back with us, I'm more confident since gardening is his hobby and he knows how to keep stuff alive.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

While waiting for it to cool down today, I cleaned the kitchen and living room, vacuumed, and swept and mopped. Also did two loads of laundry, though I still need to put one away tomorrow. Also did a little bit of work in the front yard (adding some more pea gravel and raking it out.) Didn't spend much time out there since I got started later than I'd planned.

Might do bathrooms tomorrow, haven't decided yet. Supposed to be 98 tomorrow so yard work will definitely be happening late in the afternoon or early evening.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, I just ran out a couple of bags of trash, a bag of recycling, the newspaper basket and then went and picked up the mail.

I haven't had a chance to take the mail out of the basket and Nala has decided it is the perfect place to lay down for nap, LOL.

I am planning to make my lemon blueberry loaf before it gets too hot, then shut down the house turn on the AC and be still.

Thankfully we only have one more day of this before it starts to cool down a bit. Next up is to check the birdbath and water plants.

Oh I forgot, I did get the dishwasher loaded up. I need to do laundry, I think I will put that on the list for Friday!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, the blueberry loaf is in the oven, also made some sausage links so once this is done, we can turn off the oven until friday.

It is already 85 inside the house so I closed it up and turned on the AC, which I have set for 75, plus I have fans going and the drapes semi closed on the slider.

I did also water the plants and make sure the birdbath was full. I think in a couple of hours I will dump and put out fresh, it probably gets really hot too.

Finally, I can tell it is spring/summer I have been sneezing like crazy ever since I went out on the deck.

Time for some coffee and the paper. Think I am done for the day!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: