TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
TVCH's Home & Life Organization

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization users admin

Visit Flylady's website at: *Flylady.net

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Household Notebook/Control JournalLkunkel08-06-04  11:01 pm
ARCHIVESDipo3875 160 10-24-19  4:43 pm
Archive through November 03, 2019Dipo25 11-03-19  12:44 pm
Archive through November 12, 2019Dipo25 11-12-19  3:42 pm
Archive through November 21, 2019Dipo25 11-21-19  6:23 pm
Archive through November 28, 2019Dipo25 11-28-19  9:29 pm
Archive through December 10, 2019Dipo25 12-10-19  4:30 pm
Archive through December 20, 2019Wargod25 12-20-19  1:25 am
Archive through December 27, 2019Dipo25 12-27-19  5:35 pm
Archive through January 07, 2020Dipo25 01-07-20  10:30 am
Archive through January 16, 2020Dipo25 01-16-20  11:59 am
Archive through January 28, 2020Wargod25 01-28-20  11:35 pm
Archive through February 10, 2020Wargod25 02-10-20  1:53 pm
Archive through February 24, 2020Wargod25 02-24-20  10:33 pm
Archive through March 04, 2020Dipo25 03-04-20  11:48 am
Archive through March 13, 2020Dipo25 03-13-20  8:40 pm
Archive through March 23, 2020Dipo25 03-23-20  10:31 am
  Start New Thread        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 23, 2020 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did the dishes, tried for another store for delivery.... Raleys, they had an opening on March 31st so I took if for some staples. Interestingly they didn't even have toilet paper listed on the app, LOL.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 1:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Dangit, Flylady always catches me with this one, the pile of clothes on my dresser that needs to be put away.

Today was laundry day, my laundry. Dakota asked me since I'm not cleaning her room anymore, if I wanted to do her laundry and she'd pay me, lol. I cracked up...I'd already told her last week to drop it off (she did) because she doesn't have a washer and dryer (no room for it) and her apartment complex doesn't have a laundry room. No big deal for me to do it one day and her to pick it up the next. But, she can buy some laundry detergent and dryer sheets.

Baker came over for his first day of puppy daycare. And he really is a puppy. It was a busy day of praising him when he was doing something good and no, no when he was not so good. He ran off with two different shoes (we rescued them before he did any damage,) knocked over the trash can (lid was locked so no mess,) tried to jump on the kitchen counter, and got into my file folder and scattered all my paperwork throughout the house (I'm a wee bit puzzled on why he'd do that, lol.)

On the other hand, I amused myself a great deal by taking pictured of him and texting them to Kota with captions during the day. "Ollie and Cleo teaching Baker how to play catch...it's not going well." He'll chase after the ball, wait for Ollie to bring it back to us, snatch it, run all the way across the yard with it and drop it, and then run back like...I did it! It's hysterical. The other pictures were, "Nap time!" "Story time with Ollie." I listen to audio books when I do crafty stuff and Ollie has been joining me for a while and now Baker. There were a couple other goofy pics...mostly cuz he likes to climb in peoples laps and be held like a baby, lol. Anyway, hectic day with him, but I think once he's trained and out of the puppy phase, he's going to be a really great dog.

I'm so glad I picked up toilet paper when we did our monthly Costco shopping at the beginning of the month. Funny thing is, I said I still have like 4-5 rolls at home, but since we only do Costco once a month, better safe than sorry. I'd be getting a little nervous about now if I hadn't. Oh, and dish soap...Dakota found some Dawn at Walmart yesterday and picked me up a bottle, so I got a full bottle for the palmolive. She said that was one of the many items they had a 1 per person limit on.

Tomorrow's plans other than pupsitting and maybe Kota's laundry, should just be normal house work.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, I am lucky, I don't have a dresser, the drawers are built-ins in my closet so I always get a pass on this one.

Cracking up that Baker wanted to jump on the counter. How big is this dog? What kind?

I got up at the crack of dawn to check on Instacart to see if I could get a delivery by Thursday, I will be out of milk, and Sunday was the first available! It so annoys me all the people taking the slots who can easily get to the store! Anyway, I am going to ask my friend if she can drive me around and then I will treat her to Chinese Food, she was saying she really wanted some (even talked about getting it today, delivering it to me and then we could be on the phone together eating it, LOL).

I forgot, I saw a "TP Calculator" on twitter and did it, and it says I am good for 53 days, LOL. But I was shocked when I went to Walgreens to order panty liners and found not only were those sold out but every kind of pad available seems to be gone as well..... who knew..... I guess the people worried about TP and going to sit around an pee themselves before using the TP, hahahahahahaha, it makes no sense to me.

So far this morning I have swept the bedroom floor, wiped down the island and counters and I am doing a test on the dishwasher. I loaded it with a few dishes that I hadn't gotten to and it is running now.

I had noticed when I opened it up it was smelling funky so I was going to run it with some Koolaid Lemonade, but decided to give a wash a chance. I know what to do if something happens, hit cancel and it will drain. For now I go and check on it every 10 or so minutes to make sure it is not watering my kitchen floor.

Maybe I will work on taxes while it runs, that would accomplish two things for the day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Refilled a bunch of water bottles then I cleaned up a pile of mail and other stuff piled up in my office.

Straightened out a couple of other shelves in the office and found a facial scrubber I was wondering what I had done with, LOL, now I can use it.

Oh, and I saw a notice on my phone last night that jury trials are cancelled for 60 days!!!! So excited, I was wondering what was going to happen on April 13th when I was supposed to go for jury duty. Guess I am postponed, or I wonder if they will just drop me for the year.

And so far so good on the dishwasher. Guess I will go play computer games, finish the paper and enjoy my coffee.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Baker is 35 lbs and a pointer mix. He can get his front paws and his nose over the edge of the counter, lol. Kota warned us he does the same with the stove, so we have to make sure the kitchen is gated off when we are cooking. He is just a total sweetheart, but really active and curious.

My sister and the girls have gotten into doing puzzles while on lockdown. Told her I think I have a couple in the garage so I need to look for those. Caleb's supposed to be out sometimes this week and he can drop them off when he goes back.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Too funny, one of my newest "games" on the tablet is completing puzzles, I love it. And my kitties can't knock the pieces off the table, LOL.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Baker pics please

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 4:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Did some laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, and my craft room. I'm planning on doing some re-organization in there and mostly I was trying to figure out how to do it.

Plans for tomorrow...I really don't know yet. I'll see what I feel like doing. I do have more on my spring cleaning list and a couple other projects to get to so I'll see what jumps out at me.

Here's Baker and Ollie during story time. Even though he looks darker than Ollie in this pic, they are actually much closer in coloring and oddly enough, freckles. Sorry the pic is sideways, I took it on my phone and I have no clue how to rotate it.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
aww thanks Wargod. They are both adorable couch potatoes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So cute!! and weathering the "quarantine" well.

I am thinking of doing some work in the bedroom, rotating the mattress, putting the new dustruffle on, washing the comforter and then, of course, changing the sheets.

We shall see.... I need coffee, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I noticed the hummingbirds had sucked down all the food in the feeder so I made some mor this morning.

Just finished refilling and rehanging the feeder. It is sunny outside right now and it felt great to stand in the sun.

Sylvester has finally woke up from his nap so now I can go work on the bed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I got the mattress rotated and the dust ruffle is on! Started to put the fitted sheet on and decided I needed to sit and catch my breath, LOL.

Have the comforter and blanket airing on the front porch, was going to wash but then it started raining so I can't trust the blue skies. It can be washed another day, that is the easy part.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, well that didn't take long, the hummers are already fighting over the feeder.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Well I did get the bed finished, that has been on my list, well getting the dust ruffle done has been on my list for a long time. I think I got the dust ruffle in January.

This morning I did some hand-wash dishes, the rest are going into the dishwasher.

Today my friend is going to run me over to Trader Joes/Safeway/Grocery so I can get some dairy products. There just aren't any delivery times for now, LOL, they are all at least a week out and hard to get.

I have several orders out.... Walgreens, Chewys, Staples and a grocery on the 31st (I ordered on the 23rd). All the crazy hoarder people are making it tough to get deliveries.

Anyway, I bribed (didn't really need to but it was fun) my friend with Chinese food, LOL. She is a fiend for it and I said I would treat her to take out if she could drive me around for the milk. Plus it will be nice to get out and about for a bit, even tho I do like hermiting.

Not sure what else is up for today but I do still need to get the taxes done. I need to figure out if I get a refund or owe.

And oh yeah! I got my real estate tax bill! Afraid to open it, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Amazing, my Staples order, which I placed on the 24th, just got delivered! It is Kleenex and nitrate gloves.

Of course, now should I let the cardboard box sit a while, and the one package is plastic, LOL. I guess I will open them and then go wash my hands.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I got my staples order that I placed delivered today, but it was just office supplies. Hubby sprayed it and it's outside disinfecting as we speak :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, I just unpacked, tossed the box outside and washed my hands.

Just got back from Lunch at Yan's Bistro, we got togo and sat in the car outside the restaurant and ate, then off the Trader Joes where we got purelled and a cart wipe down before we shopped.

Got all the stuff on my list except TP, but I didn't think they had that, LOL, and I am not in need of it, just always curious if places have it.

It was nice to go out for a drive and to chat with the people at TJ's; I haven't been there in a long time since I usually get delivery. I wanted to check it out since I may not be able to get delivery for a while.

Now I am tired and feel like having a nap,LOL.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 3:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Cleaned the kitchen, did some laundry, and trying to teach Baker not to run out the front door. Cuz last night when Darren was heading to work, soon as he opened the door, Baker took off like he was shot out of a damn canon. Luckily, he only ran around for a few minutes then ran straight back to Darren. Kota is working on the same thing with him at home. LOL, the look on his face when Darren took him to the door, told him to sit and opened it was hysterical...like he was trying to figure out why the heck the door was open and he couldn't take a run around the neighborhood!

Tomorrow's plans, not sure. Got a couple projects I want to get done this weekend. While Darren is still working, they have shut down all OT (and anyone who can work from home is,) so I want to get some stuff done around the house while he's got some time. First up is getting what is now the spare bedroom organized since we just moved stuff out of what is now Caleb and his gf's room (they still haven't moved fully in, but since they are off work, it's supposed to be happening soon) into what was Kota's room.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, OMG, the joys of training a young puppy. Too funny.

My big plans for the day are to lye the bathtub, I keep forgetting and then end up showering it an inch of water. Then I need to clean the tub (soap scum ring). Finally I want to see if I still have caulk in my supplies because I was noticing a couple of places where I might need to scrap it out, clean and recaulk.

#2 on my list is to do my taxes! Oh and I see my bank statement is here so I should balance my checkbook.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Checkbook is balanced, just finished my med's order ... only needed one thing but bought everything they would allow me since I figure they will probably have a shipping delay like everything else.

Now I will start on my taxes.

Oh, I did get the lye done and then cleaned the tub.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Well....most plans are on hold since Darren's computer decided to die and he's working on that instead of my projects. We did make it to the market. I told Darren that I had a list, but most of it was hopeful (things that were on my list last week but the store was completely out of) and I expected to only be able to find a few things. OMG, they had everything on my list so what I thought would be a smaller trip ended up pretty big, lol. Oh, wait take that back, they didn't have eggs. No tp, lysol wipes or hand sanitizer which I had known they wouldn't and didn't need was just curious.

Anyway, we've continued working with Baker on not going out the front door, but when we came home with groceries, we put him out back...I knew he wouldn't be good for that long, lol. Little stinker is sitting her curled up next to me looking all sweet.

Haven't quite decided how I'm going to spend the rest of the day yet. I might start on one of my projects even if Darren's busy with his computer and can't help.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I did manage to get my taxes started, mostly it was getting the software loaded, which took some time, then I did the income section. So far so good, I don't owe, LOL. But we shall see what happens when I get the rest of the stuff input.

Bummer about the computer, it is always something when you just don't need to be bothered.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday!!

Just realized that I didn't post here earlier.... nothing much happening here. I ended up making pinto beans and cornbread!

Turned out fabulous, and I have already cleaned up the kitchen.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 29, 2020 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday!

Just enjoying my coffee and the Sunday paper, watching some TV and playing games.

I might do some more work on my taxes this afternoon.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

I am thinking that today I will run the dishwasher at some point today. But not to much is calling my name in the cleaning area, LOL.

I guess I could finish up my taxes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the dishwasher loaded up and running, placed a Amazon order and I am going to run the recycle and trash down to the bins. Then get the mail. I might have something fun in there, not sure.

Monitoring the dishwasher so we don't have any water issues.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cleaned out the fridge, trash and recycling down to the bins, picked up the mail and I have washed my hands, including the soap bottle that I touched before the washing.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: