TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
TVCH's Home & Life Organization

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization users admin

Visit Flylady's website at: *Flylady.net

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Household Notebook/Control JournalLkunkel08-06-04  11:01 pm
ARCHIVESDipo4475 184 06-12-20  12:29 pm
Archive through June 21, 2020Wargod25 06-21-20  3:43 am
Archive through June 30, 2020Dipo25 06-30-20  12:04 pm
Archive through July 13, 2020Dipo25 07-13-20  2:01 pm
Archive through July 21, 2020Dipo25 07-21-20  5:08 pm
  Start New Thread        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Forgot I received my Chewy box yesterday so I got that dragged in and opened up this morning. Have a few things on my list and a board meeting tonight that I need to prepare for.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got all my piles down for the board meeting, made and even bigger pile of recycle... I don't like to put it in our regular recycle bin since it has homeowner names and financial info so I pile it up to give back to the management company for shredding.

Also made a new to do list for the HOA business which is nice and small since I got a lot of old projects handled today.

All my other chores will have to go to tomorrow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh I forgot, when I was getting ready for my meeting I did take the time to clean the bathroom vanity.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2020 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Getting started ... in the kitchen, I am going to make a cake and some noodle hamburger casserole for lunch/dinner so.... I can then clean the kitchen and mop the floor.

Off to start the coffee and grab the onions to chop.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2020 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hamburger Casserole is completed and turned out well! Have the pots/pans soaped up and soaking. Will finish cleaning up in a bit, still need to make my cake.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, July 23, 2020 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I hurried up and did my housework this morning to avoid the afternoon heat. Only 95 (had been over a hundred for several days, so 95 is an improvement!) Need to do a couple loads of laundry tonight (and that will be hung outside instead of going in the dryer.)

Also have some yard work to do later on. Need to figure out why my bird bath, no matter what I do, keeps tilting one way or another. Yesterday it had a slight tilt to the right, fixed it. Today it's leaning so far forward I'm kinda worried it might tip over, lol. Since it's right outside the window I'm by it's kind of driving me batty.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2020 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cake is done and strawberries have been sliced and are soaking up sugar in the fridge. All the dishes have been washed and are air drying.

Wow, that is weird about your birdbath, are you having a "portly" bird visitor? Or do you have squirrels or raccoons who might be getting a drink? I have a squirrel who drops by sometimes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 24, 2020 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Just going to finish up my kitchen cleaning and move on down my list.

Have a lunch appointment with a friend for some pick up Chinese. That should be nice.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 24, 2020 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Excellent Chinese food, time for some coffee and then I need to get to my chores.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, July 24, 2020 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Today the bird bath is leaning backwards, sigh. I went out and thought I straightened it, but back inside looking at the window I see it's not even close to straight.

I do have the base weighted down with pea gravel and stakes through the bottom because we have high enough winds I have to take extra precautions to keep stuff from being blown over. But, we are guessing that even with those precautions it's the wind doing it.

Chinese sounds good! I've been trying to figure out what I'm doing for dinner for a while, lol. Unfortunately, while we have an excellent Mexican restaurant here and a couple good non-chain pizza places (I go for salads,) the Chinese restaurant is not that good.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 24, 2020 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, I hope you manage to get the birdbath steadied, we are having some wind but it is the kind I love, clears out the house but doesn't blow over the umbrella.

Lets see, when I was getting ready this morning I noticed the toilet bowl was needing a clean so I did that. And when I went down I took a couple of chewy boxes, and some other stuff to the recycle bin.

When I got back home, I took out the rug from the kitchen to shake it and air it, used the old kitty water to water plants and then refilled the kitty water.

I am working on getting thru the email and twitter, plus I need to do a Safeway order. And I made list of stuff I need to buy at some point like the replacement carbon monxide detector. I needed to do that because after lunch my friend wanted to go to Walgreens and I couldn't remember a single thing from my list that I could pick up there.

Turns out most of the stuff I need wouldn't be at Walgreens so I wasnt just forgetful, LOL.

Now, back to twitter, oh I am also listening to my fun podcast... Day Drinking with Scott and Colette.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 25, 2020 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
SATURDAY!!! It's FUN DAY

So far not much on my plan but to enjoy some food, watch stuff on TV (so far I have Las Vegas on USA and Murder She Wrote on COZI), play computer games and take naps with the kitties.

I am sure a chore or two will get done, as I ams ure I will be distracted by something, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 25, 2020 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well shoot, MurderSheWrote is over for the day, now I need another to bounce between... Oh well, I guess there is always Hallmark Christmas Movies, hahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 26, 2020 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
SUNDAY !! Time for counting our blessings.

I actually spent some time working in the kitchen, got everything in the sink put into the dishwasher, wiped down the stove and counters, sorted some trash and recycling and watered some plants.

Now I am having coffee and playing computer games. Oh I did read the sunday paper and I balanced my checkbook and moved some money around (that was actually supposed to be a yesterday chore).

AND I am bummed because Las Vegas isn't playing today, they are doing various Law and Orders, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 27, 2020 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Time to get back to business, I need to finish up a couple of financial things, my second checking account, then do some more work on my list.

Off to get coffee and clean the birdbath.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 27, 2020 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bird bath has been cleaned and refilled. Now the bank.

Oh I forgot.... my delivery came, I had an 8-12 slot and it came around 9.15, so I got that put away except for my sodas, will get to them. But OMG, they have even worse plastic bags than before! And these say right on them to recycle, then it says, Please return to a participating store for recycling**

** Programs may not exist in your area.

I can't believe it, I don't want plastic in the first place, I want paper bags!!! Off to check and see if my stores are participating before I complain about it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 27, 2020 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Account balanced, bill payments scheduled, still working on Safeway, LOL.

Email and tvch cleared, finishing up twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 27, 2020 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Twitter done and I just realized I hadn't paid my health and dental insurance.

Kaiser took my payment no problem, Delta shows some sort of covid credit and no payment due, wouldn't let me pay anything anyway, got an error message.

Guess I will call them later.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Somehow the morning got away from me, I got up early, opened up the house, fed the kitties, grabbed the paper and went back to the bedroom.

Now I have cleaned out the sink, moved stuff to the recycle bag, refreshed the birdbath and made some coffee.

Now to start tackling my list!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
1 bag of trash, 2 empty litter boxes, a box filled with trash and a bag full of recycling down to the bins. Then I got my mail.... received a pretty teal mask today!!!

Back in and hands sanitized, then I dealt with all the mail from today and some left from a while ago.

Finally I am going to get my coffee and take a break.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
What happened with Delta?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

LOL, Landileigh, thanks for the reminder, I need to email them and I forgot all about it. I will add it to my list and get it done today.

Getting started, I made up my list, combined 3 different ones since many things on the different lists had been accomplished.

Right now I am trying to deal with HOA email, my email, twitter and tvch, then I will head over to the kitchen to get that finished up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting, when I went to pay the bill again, it now shows a payment due on 9/1 with a payment posted against the "Covid 19 Adjustment" to cover the month of August. I am just surprised I didn't get an email about them giving a credit.

I mean I have seen the commercials on TV where some Insurance Companies are giving some sort of discount on car insurance but haven't seen anything on Dental insurance LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Water bottles refilled, birdbath refreshed, ice tea made and put in the fridge.

Email is cleared, now off to the HOA email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
HOA mail is done and I researched some signs we have to put up, by law. The cost for custom signs is $3800, I found some at Staples.com that will be adequate for $200. Hopefully the board will go for that and we can get fancy ones when we have more money.

Unloaded the dishwasher and then reloaded, wiped down the stove and then I gathered up some old water that I want to use on the plants. Have that all ready to go.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 30, 2020 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Just realized I hadn't posted the mission... I have cleaned up the kitchen some, moved a bunch of water bottle out to the balcony, refreshed the birdbath and watered a couple of plants.

Managed to get thru twitter, and I am finishing up email and tvch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 31, 2020 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Loaded up the dishwasher and wiped down the counters. Also cleaned out the fridge, just wanted to make sure I didn't have anything growing in there.

Also gave the birds some more water and finished moving the water bottle outside and got all the rest of the plants watered.

Oh and I cut my hair, since I generally wear it in a pony tail it seems I did an ok job. We shall see when I end up curling it to go out, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 01, 2020 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday!!! It's the weekend, YEAH!

Today I have to choose from several marathons on TV, play computer games and maybe throw in a chore or two.

Yesterday I did finally get my kitchen mopped, it has been bugging me and I kept NOT DOING IT. It is now so pretty, makes me happy, and I go the rugs back in place.

This morning I gave the birds some water, oh last night I was reading my book on the balcony so I watered the rest of the plants.

Off to get my coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 02, 2020 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
SUNDAY!!!

Been busy playing games and doing stuff, LOL, forgot to come in here.

Just enjoying the day, gave the birds some water, cleaning out some more parts of the fridge because I am going out for dinner and will be taking trash out to the bins on the way.

No real chores done today just stuff for my trip. Since we may be doing takeout and eating at the park I have to gather my Alcohol rag to wipe down tables, get the placemats, napkins and utensils together. Then I will have everything we might need.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 03, 2020 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Found a nice place in Clayton for dinner, Ed's Mudville Grill! the original bistro we wanted to try was closed! Anyway it was a little out of the way so there weren't tons of people trying to social inappropriately. They had good cleaning protocols for the outside tables, everyone had on a mask, excellent food and service.

Haven't figured out what I want to accomplish today, some home blessing will occur. I will think about what extra stuff I want to do.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 03, 2020 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I have a small list of things to do, but it is not cooling off at all, 90 inside the house, but it feels great outside, so I have given up and turned on the AC.

Once it cools off a bit I will get a few things done. So far I just gave the birds some more water before I turned on the AC, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 03, 2020 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Forgot to update, LOL. I did end up refilling water bottles and reorganizing my pantry shelves. I had purchased some canned goods and needed to find places to put them away. I am thinking I might take some things out of my hutch and use it for more long term storage of pantry items. Still thinking on it.

I also did a Safeway order, interestingly I had to go out to Thursday for a reasonable cost delivery. That must mean with the uptick in Covid more people are back to ordering online. I have to admit I have been thinking about what things I might need in order to be prepared if we have another more strict shut down. Got some Ramen, LOL, wanted that for my earthquake kit.

Finally it has really cooled off, YEAH, and this week should be really nice temp wise, so I can finish up my living room changes. Oh and I have finally found a new comforter for the bedroom, it is on the way, so then I will need to redo the bedroom some.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Just thinking that I don't feel like doing any chores, LOL, but then again I haven't had any coffee and am just getting started in my daily routine so I may change my mind.

Did a few online orders, replaced my carbon monoxide detector and got some more brita filters, so that is something done.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
It's been back over 100 here lately so not a lot has been done other than basic housework. It was so hot Thursday (110) that I ended up doing the sweeping and mopping at midnight.

Still have work to do in the backyard (Darren's building his shed and I've got more pea gravel...hopefully the last load of that) but because we can't get out til 6:30 or 7 at night, not a whole lot is done there either.

Last couple days we've also dealt with high winds so even that little bit isn't being done. He's to the point on the shed that the four walls are up, now he needs to be on the ladder building the roof and it just isn't safe. Then yesterday afternoon, the high winds brought another problem...smoke from the different fires going on. While the winds have died down today and the smoke isn't nearly as bad as yesterday, still enough of an issue that we probably won't be doing anything outside again today.

On the plus side, starting tomorrow temps are supposed to be back in the 90's through the end of the week, so hopefully I'll manage to get more done, lol.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: