TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
TVCH's Home & Life Organization

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization users admin

Visit Flylady's website at: *Flylady.net

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Household Notebook/Control JournalLkunkel08-06-04  11:01 pm
ARCHIVESDipo3100 125 01-24-19  2:50 pm
Archive through February 03, 2019Dipo25 02-03-19  12:52 pm
Archive through February 11, 2019Wargod25 02-11-19  5:17 pm
Archive through February 19, 2019Dipo25 02-19-19  1:39 pm
Archive through February 28, 2019Wargod25 02-28-19  3:31 am
Archive through March 07, 2019Dipo25 03-07-19  11:04 am
Archive through March 15, 2019Dipo25 03-15-19  2:43 pm
  Start New Thread        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 15, 2019 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW... taxes are done! And I can't believe it, I got a federal refund and DO NOT OWE the state anything. It's like a miracle.

I have been concerned because of all the changes, and my friend got a huge bill in the thousands, guess being retired paid off for a change

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 16, 2019 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So not much going on today, now that the relief of the taxes is over I might actually get back to business, LOL.

At some point I will do some work in the kitchen, and I want to shake out some kitty towels. I am thinking laundry for Monday so I need to do a little prep for that. It occurred that I should wash the kitty towels and I have a couple of rugs that can be done as well.

I also want to vac the kitty towers and saw a huge spiderweb under the dining room table that is against the slider.

AND finally, yesterday afternoon when the sun was shining I could barely see out the sliders so a cleaning is in order.

So those are all the things I am thinking about for the day, LOL.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, March 17, 2019 - 2:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I so need to do taxes, but like you were, I'm worrying about them...in a general type of way, nothing specific.

I did not do taxes today, lol. Me and Kota went into town, I needed some acrylic craft (read cheap) paints and they have the best selection with tons of colors. Stopped by my sisters to visit and check on Caleb, he hasn't been feeling all that great lately. Went by the tea shop and then stopped at the grocery store on the way home.

Don't have any plans for tomorrow. I think we're just going to have a quiet day at home before the busy week starts (mom's surgery is scheduled for Tuesday morning.)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 17, 2019 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I did some work in the kitchen, got the water bottles refilled, made some salad, and made some kitty grass.

I was going to clean the slider but Sylvester parked himself on the rug in front of the slider and took an all day nap in the sun, LOL.

I just changed out my wreath on the front door, officially saying that spring is here and I put out the spring wreath.

Might get a few things done today but it's Sunday, so maybe just some cooking and relaxing.

So glad to hear they have finally got the surgery going, I am sure it will go well and she will be so glad to get it over with!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 2:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Bedroom this week. Pretty much all I need to do in mine is change the sheets and a load of laundry and I will do those tomorrow. Also a quick clean on the kitchen, not sure what else I'll do.

Mom's surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, so I'll be doing whatever I can tomorrow since I know I won't be home much on that day. I'll have to see what pops out at me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, that mission works for me, I have several things on my list for the bedroom, LOL! I am getting ready to run the comforter down to the laundry and change the sheets is on the list.

I may do a little "spring cleaning" in the hallway, wipe down the walls, baseboards and mop the floors.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Moved some money around, paid a couple of bills and restocked the tp. Gathered some towels and kitty covers to take to the laundry along with the comforter.

Time for a some coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Whoosh, laundry in, man I forget how heavy a new bottle of tide is, LOL.

Got two rugs, and the kitty condo round things that fit in the shelves, a few towels and my kitchen "purple rags".

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Laundry done! Between washer and dryer I took out the newspapers, some recycling and a bag of trash. Then when I went to pick up from dryer I took out the remaining recycling and a box or two.

So it's looking pretty good around the house except for all the stuff drying. The comforter never gets totally dry and I had a bunch of purple rags in there that don't go in the dryer.

Now I am off to Kaiser to do my labwork, and then I think I will relax on the balcony.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Labwork is done and so am I, LOL!

It's really pretty outside so I am going to get a glass of wine and go read my book!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 1:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Mom's surgery was cancelled again. There is some kind of insurance problem but no clear idea what it is yet. Surgeons office told her at one point she didn't have insurance! She told them she was just in Friday for a pre-op appt, not to mention saw her primary, had lab work done, and filled rx's all with no problems. Her primary's office is trying to get to the bottom of it. They are thinking it might be moving to a different county (even though she did address changes and switched over insurance and social security and was assured it was no problem) or the fact that she turns 65 in a couple weeks and there was some kind of change to her insurance about six weeks back though it wasn't supposed to effect anything.

The primary's office is supposed to let her know tomorrow if they've made any progress. They do know she has insurance, and they are looking for a new surgeon in case the insurance change has something to do with this surgeon not being able to see her. Needless to say, she is not the least bit happy.

I got laundry done, changed the sheets, and washed my comforter. Cleaned up the kitchen, did a quick clean on the hall bathroom, and did a few odds and ends around the house.

Haven't decided what I'm doing tomorrow yet. Darren has training the next few days so he'll be home a little later than usual.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, you have got to be kidding me, this is crazy. I swear it has something to do with her going on Medicare when she turns 65, that screws everything up.

I don't know how much I will get done today, I'm sore from all cleaning and running around I did yesterday.

I still need to change my sheets so that might get done today, LOL.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
So far, it's looking like that's what the problem is, Dipo. And the thing is, she's been pretty proactive about staying on top of that stuff and trying to make sure it caused no trouble with the surgery. She even took the paperwork she received about the changes with the insurance to the surgeons office when she got it and they told her then, "No problem."

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep, most likely her current insurance company doesn't want to pay for the surgery when they can shove it off on medicare.

So far I have cleaned up the kitchen and made hummingbird food.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cleaned the hummingbird feeder and got it refilled and rehung.... I now have sugar water all over my shirt, LOL. I finally took the stepladder outside in order to get it hung before all the food poured out.

Also spent some time cleaning out old emails, updated some condo documents and cleaned out some electronic files.

I just remembered when I was out running around yesterday I picked up the mail so I need to deal with that.

Oh and I ordered a new balcony umbrella! It's blue/teal striped, my old one is at least 7-10 years old and it shows. The other day it blew over and when I sat it upright I tore the fabric by just touching it. Can't wait for it to come.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=480

Ok, I can do a little with this mission. Sylvester thinks it is fun to climb up on the high shelves and knock toilet paper off, so I have a few rolls that need to be returned. Then maybe I can shack out the rug and sweep the floor.

Other than that my only plan for the day is to change the sheets and get the bed back into proper order, then do the floors.

That should be enough. Off to make some coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well darn, I thought I had the chair covered up pretty well but the cover blew off so I just went out and grabbed a couple of the towels and threw them over the shower to dry, got the cushions covered and other stuff set up to, hopefully, get dry.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I actually could use a closet floor straightening up, maybe I'll do that later or wait til tomorrow to do it.

I did the few dishes, scrubbed the stove, knobs, and burner thingies. picked up everything from the counters, scrubbed those. Vacuumed the living room. Picked up all the rugs, swept, and mopped all the floors. Oh, I also dusted the living room and swept the front porch.

Little niece is on spring break and is spending a couple nights. I handed her the duster and she dusted all the doors. And then I handed her the hoe and sent her out back to deweed the yard. Normally, we wouldn't have anything growing in our front or back yards (besides a couple trees and a bush,) but all this rain has all kinds of stuff growing. Darren did the front yard the other day, but he's training this week and working 12 hour days, so yesterday I started the back yard for him. Figure between me and little niece we can get that done so he doesn't have to worry about it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Another miracle... Sylvester and Nala got off the bed (I swear it was only a half hour window) so I could change the sheets, LOL. At least I got that off my list.

I have been holding off on mopping the floors in the front of the house and cleaning the sliders to let the next couple of storms pass by first.

So next up is the dusting and then floors in the bedroom. Plus I keep sweeping the FOH, it amazes me how much dust comes in.

Oh yeah I did clean up the kitchen some, dishes loaded into the dishwasher and counters wiped down.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Not much done so far, I have the cushions off the balcony so the rain can come (late tonight I think).

Got my delivery and I am going to make lemon blueberry loaf, so looking forward to that.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, March 22, 2019 - 2:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

I didn't do much besides a quick kitchen clean and load of laundry. Caleb and his girlfriend came out for dinner and we had a good time.

I haven't decided on my plans for tomorrow yet, except that I told Dakota I'd throw her blanket in the washer. I'll probably just do odds and ends around the house.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 22, 2019 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well it has definitely rained, I just haven't seen it, LOL. Got the kitchen cleaned up and running the dishwasher.

Guess I will get back to my list, do the closet floor and make my loaf.

Oh my new umbrella has come but I can't really do anything out on the balcony yet, so maybe that will be my tomorrow stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 23, 2019 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Now that the rain has stopped and the sun is shining I can finally take the rug out of the closet and shake it, let it air. Then I can do that mission, LOL.

Looking forward to a few rugs going outside to air!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 23, 2019 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, 2 rugs are out, initially shaken and airing, dustbusted some of the kitchen floor. Lemon blueberry loaf is in the oven, all the baking dishes washed and drying.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 23, 2019 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My loaf is fabulous! Wiped out half the fridge and pulled a shelf out that needed some attention, go that is clean and put back in. Went ahead and mopped the kitchen and DR floors so I can put the one rug back down.

Another rug going out, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 24, 2019 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mostly plan to just relax today but I need to finish the closet so I can put the rug back down. Already swept and mopped the hallway so that rug is back in place.

Off to make some coffee, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 24, 2019 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Been playing computer games but I did get the dishwasher unloaded and just cleared the balcony in anticipation of the rain and got the closet done.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 1:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

This ended up being project weekend. Darren started it. He built his table for his model railroad set and it's big, like 8 feet by 4 feet. He started to lay out the track, then decided he wanted to do the table completely different and asked if I had any need for this big table. Actually, I was looking for something to set my vegetables and herbs (they are in pots) on so the table would be good, except I don't need it that big. Then I had a great idea...Darren's going to cut it in half, make a couple more legs and I'm going to have my potting bench/table and we'll have a bbq table since Darren always complains about needing space when he's grilling.

So, snowball. I was pondering my potting bench and the outside table and chairs that I've been meaning to sand down and repaint. Trip to the hardware store and I've got a couple gallons of nifty paint. By this evening, I'd sanded down the patio table and chairs and have them repainted and painted the legs for my potting bench. Then it got too dark to do anymore. And Darren got his new table built.

Tomorrow's plans are the kitchen and then smaller projects. Darren still has to cut the table top in half and build some more legs. I'll see what else I get done, it's supposed to be mid 70's tomorrow and I'm kinda looking forward to that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow that is a project, and it reminds me of when you start to do one thing and then it snowballs into so many others.

Yesterday I did refill some water bottles, pruned a plant and actually did dust the living room. Sylvester was eyeing the TV, and last time he did that he toppled it down, so I distracted him by dusting the living room, LOL.

Not sure what else I will do today, just expecting the rain. Oh, I haven't done coffee yet, guess I will now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=480&d=1

I balanced my checking account and then paid some bills, other than that not much was done.

We have a water issue going on so the water has been off since yesterday morning. Hopefully it will be back on sometime today.... it's going to cost us a fortune, I can just see that coming. We had to "break into" a unit with a locksmith since we couldn't get ahold of anyone. Today they should be replacing some pipe so we can get the water back on.

Off to boil so water so I can do a little sponge bath, LOL.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: