TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
TVCH's Home & Life Organization

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization users admin

Visit Flylady's website at: *Flylady.net

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Household Notebook/Control JournalLkunkel08-06-04  11:01 pm
ARCHIVESDipo3100 125 01-24-19  2:50 pm
Archive through February 03, 2019Dipo25 02-03-19  12:52 pm
Archive through February 11, 2019Wargod25 02-11-19  5:17 pm
Archive through February 19, 2019Dipo25 02-19-19  1:39 pm
Archive through February 28, 2019Wargod25 02-28-19  3:31 am
Archive through March 07, 2019Dipo25 03-07-19  11:04 am
Archive through March 15, 2019Dipo25 03-15-19  2:43 pm
Archive through March 23, 2019Dipo25 03-23-19  6:20 pm
Archive through March 29, 2019Dipo25 03-29-19  3:50 pm
Archive through April 06, 2019Dipo25 04-06-19  4:04 pm
Archive through April 13, 2019Dipo25 04-13-19  2:19 pm
Archive through April 18, 2019Dipo25 04-18-19  3:15 pm
Archive through April 25, 2019Dipo25 04-25-19  8:46 pm
Archive through May 06, 2019Dipo25 05-06-19  12:18 am
Archive through May 14, 2019Wargod25 05-14-19  4:42 pm
Archive through May 22, 2019Dipo25 05-22-19  12:19 pm
Archive through May 28, 2019Dipo25 05-28-19  7:54 pm
Archive through June 06, 2019Wargod25 06-06-19  12:43 pm
Archive through June 14, 2019Dipo25 06-14-19  11:22 am
Archive through June 26, 2019Sadiesmom25 06-26-19  8:56 am
Archive through July 05, 2019Dipo25 07-05-19  12:41 am
Archive through July 14, 2019Dipo25 07-14-19  9:34 am
Archive through July 25, 2019Dipo25 07-25-19  11:37 am
Archive through August 04, 2019Dipo25 08-04-19  12:46 pm
Archive through August 13, 2019Dipo25 08-13-19  4:30 pm
Archive through August 22, 2019Dipo25 08-22-19  7:38 pm
Archive through September 02, 2019Dipo25 09-02-19  12:42 pm
Archive through September 11, 2019Dipo25 09-11-19  10:24 am
  Start New Thread        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Refreshed the birdbath water, checked out my auto deposit and paid some bills.

Now I am off to a lunch date!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Had a great Chinese lunch and I have a few leftovers. I have since refilled water bottles and played some computer games.

Also figured out plans for the next few days so that I can combine errands when I am out and about. I have lunch tomorrow and brunch on Sunday.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Didn't do much today except some minor housework. The weather has been really nice, mid to low 80's this week and oddly enough, it's been hard to get too into any chores, lol. It's much more enjoyable to sit out front or out back and enjoy the cooler temps than to clean.

Kota's 21st birthday is Saturday. Her boyfriend will be here this weekend, Caleb and his girlfriend are coming out, and us. Not a big party or anything, but what she asked for. Guess I'll do a quick houseclean tomorrow for that. I could wait til Friday, but Darren and I are planning to go into town and do some shopping then.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 1:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG< Dakota is 21!!!!! How can that be, I mean I know she is a working woman now, but how could she get that old so fast, LOL.

Was hot, hot today and going to be hotter tomorrow. Had a lovely lunch with my friend found out about CBD oil, think I will give it a try to see if I am less achy all the time.

Grabbed the mail when I got back and cleaned up the kitchen some.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420&d=1

I have chores to do today but I may just concentrate on office stuff. It is supposed to hit 100!!

Already gave the birds some new water and watered a couple of plants.

One thing, a while back I got a call from MetLife saying they had a pension/retirement benefit for me, I actually thought it was a scam, then I got a letter. So in yesterday's mail was a package for an annuity that I get from a job I had in the 80's. I get a whopping $80 per month, LOL, almost pays for my Kaiser supplemental health insurance plan.

Anyway, I need to send in some paperwork for it, so I will work on that, and a letter I need to draft for the HOA -- apparently some people don't know you shouldn't pour oil down the drains, we had a sewer backup and it cost of $10,000 in repairs.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Yeah, 21, it's amazing how fast it's gone.

Oh man, the temps. Earlier this week it was in the mid 80's and beautiful. I opened the doors and windows and enjoyed the heck out of it. Yesterday was in the 90's and I was being stubborn about turning on the a/c, so suffered with the heat all day. Today I said screw it, lol, turned the a/c on (it's not actually running right now, but will when it gets hotter.) We're supposed to have mid to upper 90's through the weekend, then back down to low to mid 80's next week and I can't wait. I am so ready for cooler temps.

Today, not doing much besides some housework and going into town to shop for Dakota's bday dinner.

Ouch on the plumbing bill! But, woo hoo for extra money, lol. That's always a nice surprise.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I dealt with my normal retirement account accounting; I have been sort of afraid to check it considering how volatile the stock market has been, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Then I called Kaiser, they keep sending me termination letters, which makes me nervous but I did confirm that was the cancel of Covered CA and I do have my other coverage in place.

Next up I am going to do some work in the DR but first I am having some coffee, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH and I have turned on the AC.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wiped down the DR table and cleaned the kitty feeding station, then loaded up the dishwasher.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally got around to sweeping the bedroom so I could put the rug back down.

Also finished windexing the fridge, dishwasher and oven door, they look so much better.

Off to breakfast this morning with my sister and to pick up my free birthday bundtlet! I love Nothing Bundt Cakes, I wish they delivered!

Only chore that I have on the list is to have my sister help me move the giant jade plant off the front porch to the balcony. And put a smaller jade on the porch.

Oh and today is going to be 80!!!! so we have had a 13 degree drop in heat and maybe some rain tomorrow morning, how great would that be.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tried to mail my package and all the UPS stores are closed on Sunday.... who knew, I even tried the Postal Annex and it is closed. I didn't think anyone closed on Sundays anymore, so more power to them.

Then I got my free bundt cake! Had a fabulous Eggs Benedict for brunch and then got some Starbucks coffee. Talked to Lisa about using CBD Oil and she said it would probably be good for my aches and pains, so when we got back I ordered a bottle to give it a try.

Lisa helped me to move the giant jade plant off the front porch, it really was looking pitiful so now I can get it some better dirt and maybe it will get rained on -- it was sheltered on the porch so didn't get any rain.

I also took out the newspapers, recycling, some boxes and a bag of trash to the bins when we left.

So a few things have been done today, but that is probably it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 16, 2019 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420&d=1

Was so excited about the rain but it has been so long I forgot what it meant, LOL. Just got through pulling out the cushions to dry, hung up 2 towels on the railing to dry.

Not much to do around the house except just some basic Monday blessing.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, September 16, 2019 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Kota's little birthday party was fun. Her and her boyfriend went to the store where she celebrated turning 21 by buying 2 bottles of wine. Her boyfriend (turned 21 in Feb.) bought a 6 pack of corona. And my mom, as her usual 21st birthday gift, gave her 21 mini-bar bottles of various alcohols. Would you like to hear what party animals my kids are? 5 coronas are still in the fridge. Kota took a couple sips of wine, said it was ok, and handed my mom the glass to finish, took a swig off her boyfriends corona and said, "OMG, how do you drink that nasty stuff?," opened one mini-bar bottle took a few sips and passed it around. Caleb and his girlfriend took a sip or two of the mini-bar bottle, but didn't want anything else cuz they still had to drive home.

Dakota and her bf went to the beach yesterday with his family, so as a birthday weekend surprise, I was nice and cleaned her room and did her laundry. Someone quit at work last week and her boss called her at 9pm one night to ask her to switch her shift the rest of the week to cover. Now she's hearing the move to the different department and swing shift could be either longer term than expected or permanent. And this week they have inventory which means 10-12 hour days through Saturday. Doesn't leave her much time for stuff at home right now.

Today has just been regular housework and not much else. Temps have dropped to mid-upper 80's (its nice) and we have a high wind warning.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Our temps for today are expected to be low 80's and I'm loving it. Have had the doors and windows open for a couple hours and it is so nice.

I'm speeding right along today. Did my Tuesday watering, kitchen is clean, have some beans soaking for the crockpot tomorrow (chili,) and swept and mopped the floors. Also have a load of laundry in.

I do have to go to the store later for some fresh fruits and veggies, but other than that the rest of the day is probably going to be painting stepping stones. When we park the honda in the driveway, the passenger side has to step right out to the yard (and Kota's car it's the drivers side.) So, if it's rained, its mud. We decided not to go all the way to the edge with the pea gravel and to put stepping stones. I think if I'd counted how many we needed (we're doing two rows, all the way down the driveway) before deciding that, I'd have said screw it. Just on the Honda side, it's going to take 44 stepping stones! We aren't going all the way on Kota's side of the driveway, but it'll still take quite a few. I've been bullying everyone who comes by into painting them, lol. If I'd had enough stepping stones on nieces birthday, I'd have handed them out and said, "Party game!" So far, me, Darren, mom, Kota and her boyfriend, and several of my nieces have done them. It's not so much the painting them that's the big deal, but coming up with things to paint on them, lol.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I would have just put down pavers without painting them, then put a few painted stones dispersed among them.

Haven't really done much today, I did run the dishwasher last night so the kitchen is clean and I need to unload it. Also picked up the mail, need to deal with that as well.

So a few things will get done.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dishwasher is unloaded and I refilled some water bottles and dealt with the mail.

I swear Kaiser is making me crazy, I need to call them tomorrow, they are showing me past due on my health care payments and I paid it at the end of August, so I need to get them straightened out. Plus I don't want a paper bill I want an email bill.

It is just nuts trying to switch over to Sr. Advantage. And I just realized that I don't have an envelope for my annuity stuff so I need to call on then and see if there is an online option for that as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday' Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Not sure what is on the list for today, Oh yeah I see from my last post I have some phone calls to make, LOL.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Yesterday was just basic housework, nothing too exciting. I did start a pot of beans, with the intention of chili for dinner, but the beans weren't done in time, so I stuck them in the fridge for today. Then had to scramble to find something quick for dinner, lol.

Thursday's are my watering day...the two trees, the bush, my cacti and succulents that only get watered once a week, plus the little bit of regular watering. I've already done that, though now that I'm writing about it I just realized I forgot to do the indoor plants! They're bamboo and for some reason, I keep forgetting them.

I've also got the chili going, the kitchen is clean, and Dakota's lunch is made (she's back on swing shift and not sure for how long, they had someone quit last week and asked her to fill in, could be a permanent move, might not.) And I have a load of laundry in the dryer. So today is off to a good start. Not sure what else I'll do.

We've had a drastic drop in temps, it's somewhere around mid 70's with a rather cool breeze going. Supposed to be in the 90's again. Darren, Kota, and I are all congested and sinusy. We aren't sick, just feel lousy. I've had a sinus headache for two dang days and Darren and Kota are non stop blowing their noses, coughing and hacking.

Darren's so bad (and has been bad for a while) that he called yesterday and scheduled an appt to start back with allergy shots. I told him like six months ago he needed to do that because he'd started snoring again.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my, I just realized I have been a slacker all day, hahahahaha. Oh well, I guess I could open all the boxes I have received over the past couple of days.

Chili sounds good, I must see if I have some in the freezer.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I got the 2 chewy boxes opened and put away, and then I got my new sheets opened and thrown into the laundry basket.

And finally I opened my box from Grove Collaborative... its a place that is helping eliminate plastic. I got a great glass spray bottle and cleaning product, a glass water bottle and a bunch of other stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 20, 2019 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

So far I have refreshed the birdbath with water, cleaned up the kitchen and put away a few things. Still have a bunch of stuff piled on the island as I figure out where to put it.

Time to make some coffee and read the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 20, 2019 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear it is just walk around and find something and put it where it really belongs day, LOL.

I have refilled water and soda bottles and done some other general picking up. Moved a box to the bedroom so I can fold and pile up my donation clothes and get them ready to go.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, September 20, 2019 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
LOL, Dipo, those days are fun.

I did some housework and Kota's laundry today. It's a reading day for me, new book came out last week that I'm just getting to. It's inventory weekend for Darren and Dakota so it was an 11 hour day for her and 13 for him. They pretty much came home, ate dinner, and went straight to bed.

Don't really have much to do tomorrow, I'll see what pops up that needs done.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: