TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
TVCH's Home & Life Organization

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization users admin

Visit Flylady's website at: *Flylady.net

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Household Notebook/Control JournalLkunkel08-06-04  11:01 pm
ARCHIVESDipo4475 184 06-12-20  12:29 pm
Archive through June 21, 2020Wargod25 06-21-20  3:43 am
Archive through June 30, 2020Dipo25 06-30-20  12:04 pm
  Start New Thread        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the items for donation logged and boxed, then I was able to vacuum the closet so I can put the box back in there for future items. This also cleared a shelf in the office that was holding books for donation AND... I found a pair of pants that somehow got put in it, LOL, they are no way donatable and I was wondering what happened to them.

Also vacuumed some of the bedroom but needed to empty the container and once I am finished with this project I think I will wash that container, it was pretty dusty.

Break time - I am hot and sweaty, need to sit in front of the fan for awhile.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

So far I have thought about finishing up the bedroom but only cleaned up the kitchen, LOL.

Maybe some coffee will help.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Didn't do anything in the bedroom except play computer games on my tablet, BUT ...

I just finished the bedroom, LOL. I have a chair that is covered with a blanket because Nala likes to snuggle down under stuff for her naps so I took that off and shook it out, then vac'd the chair and all the rest of the floors. Got under the bed and did the painting.

I can't believe how cat hair will go and collect everywhere, it is amazing so I periodically dust or vac my oil painting (it is just on stretched canvas, no frame or glass).

Then I ran the vac down the hall and the bathroom and did the hall rug.

Of course I cleaned up the kitchen this morning, cleaned the kitty boxes and gave everyone (cats, birds and me) fresh water.

Now I am taking a break and having the coffee I made before I started these chores. Oh and dealing with all my email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

So I did get thru my email and moved the old comforter back into the closet donation area.

Not much else got done and I ended up playing computer games until 5am!!! So I am tired and probably won't get many chores done, just trying to stay awake and get my sleep cycle back to normal.

I did give the birds some water and I should probably water all the plants later today since it is going to be in the 90's tomorrow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday - - - Happy Fourth of July, America

Going to be hot today so not much on the agenda. I just cleaned my water dispenser and refiled a bunch of water bottles. Have a filter soaking so I can replace that.

Time to make some coffee.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Happy Fourth of July, Dipo and Wargod.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Coffee sounds good. :-)

Oh and happy Fourth of July!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 1:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Happy 4th all! Hope you guys had a nice holiday.

I'm so totally over it, or at least the fireworks portion of it, it's ridiculous. People around here have been shooting them off since May and it's just gotten worse this week. My poor dogs and Kota's pup, with the exception of PJ, are absolutely terrified and stressed out. Last night and tonight was constant and non stop. They started setting off the ones that make the loud boom (and do nothing else) at 2am last night.

We've kept the cooler on, fans, the doors and windows shut, and the tv going much more than usual trying to mask as much of the sound as possible. I can't remember Ollie and Cleo ever having this bad a reaction as this year, but then again, it's been going on for much longer than it usually does.

Oddly enough, PJ, who scares at all loud and sudden sounds to the point we have to take her collar off when she eats so her tag doesn't clink on the bowl, is totally unfazed by it. She's the only one I could get to go out tonight to pee! Baker wouldn't even stop on his way to Kota's car tonight.

On the plus side, Kota and her bf came for dinner and that was nice. We grilled chicken and veggies and I made potato salad and a fruit tray.

Just been doing the usual this week. Cleaning, laundry, a little yard work.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know, I can't figure out what the deal was. I have never had so many fireworks in the ten years I hve lived here.

I swear everyone spent their Covid money buying fireworks AND they weren't just the boom kind. Someone over here had those ones that shoot into the sky and explode like in the professional shows, it was was too weird.

We need to get fireworks banned here in California except for professional shows! We had a bunch of fires start last night because of the fireworks and I have to say even tho I know it is wrong I kept hoping some of these people got hurt from shooting them off.

They have no consideration for anyone. I have seem people pleading and begging for it to stop for weeks on NextDoor because thier dogs are so upset.

I even heard one go off about 2 hours ago!! IT IS SUNDAY!! The holiday is over.

I am lucky my cats were totally unaware there was an issue.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday's Mission - Time to give thanks, stay safe and cool (for me)

I have been playing computer games, read the paper, had my coffee and now am up and doing chores.

It is going to be hot today, 95, and already is 88 in the house so I turned on the AC. Last night around midnight I was out on the deck refreshing the birdbath and watering all the plants. It will probably be a late night today as well.

I am making potato salad for the week and doing some menu planning so I can do a Safeway order (almost out of cream for my coffee). I cleaned up the kitchen, wiping down the counters and preparing to run the dishwasher tonight.... the hummingbird feeder needs to go in the dishwasher.

Oh and I am going to see if I can make a Chantilly cake, I really liked the one I tried from whole foods but I think what was really the good part was the icing and berries, so I am going to give it a try if I can find a recipe.

That's it for now, off to find a recipe.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Same here, Dipo. The ones shooting in the sky, I mean. My dogs usually aren't happy around the 4th, but if we keep the doors and windows shut and tv or radio on, it doesn't bug them except for not wanting to go outside. This year, we just couldn't block all the damn noise. I don't mind the safe ones, but the ones that explode and shoot into the air are totally illegal and the fact its been going on for months is ridiculous.

Last I heard, around midnight or so, Lancaster had or had had 55 fires in 4 or 5 hours. It got so bad the scanner page I follow on facebook stopped reporting them because they couldn't keep up. California City had a few, but nothing like Lancaster. I don't know if it's Covid or the ramped up political situation but people really went nuts with the fireworks. I'm really hoping it settles down now. After listening to all the shit they shot off last night, they can't possibly have anymore left, can they?

Today we had to go to Tehachapi for a little shopping that couldn't be put off (dog food, Darren's otc allergy meds, etc.) 40 minute drive there, 40 minute drive back...I think we were in the store about 20 minutes, lol.

Also balanced the check book and paid a few bills. Probably won't get much else done, except watering some plants outside.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 06, 2020 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

I ran the dishwasher last night so need to get that unloaded. This morning I made some hummingbird food, it is cooling now, and refreshed the birdbath.

Finally brought my litter rug in from the balcony where I had it airing and put that back in the bathroom. Oh I swept the floor first, LOL.

Guess it is time to make some coffee and grab the paper. OH, I need to call the dentist and see what the deal is with my appointment this friday.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 06, 2020 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finished scrubbing the feeder, put some bleach in it to soak, this is after it has gone thru the dishwasher cycle but the part that screws into the base is so small that not much can get up in there. Anyway I got it more clean and then rinsed really well, refilled and rehung.

Now I am unloading the dishwasher and restocking the cat food cabinet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 06, 2020 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dishwasher is unloaded and the fridge wiped out (in anticipation of Safeway delivery).

Oh I forgot about the cat food, LOL. Up next.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 06, 2020 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, the Safeway order arrived and as suspected, I got hot dog buns and no hot dogs, hahahahahaha.

I couldn't tell from the receipt because of the way they detail some of the food so I knew I got hot dog something just not sure which.

It always amazes me.... I mean seriously there is not a hot dog in the entire store! I find that very hard to believe.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 07, 2020 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Not sure what I will get up to today, I got the cat food restocked, kitchen is cleaned up and email is cleared. Time to make some coffee and read the paper.

Oh and I better get the fans going since it is going to get hotter today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 07, 2020 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the trash, recycling and kitty poop out to the bins, then picked up the mail. A couple of packages I have been waiting on finally arrived, only I didn't know it because I thought they were coming FedEx but they came USPS!

Anyway, now I doing weird chores, made some kitty grass, cleaned the dining room table and Oh, I went to swish the toilet and realized it really should just be cleaned, LOL, so I did that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2020 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Today I will be working on HOA documents, I need to clear up the pile of stuff I have and get it done so it will stop being on my mind.

Last night I replaced a bulb on my floor lamp, it had gone out and I noticed it was flickering. I had a heck of a time getting the thing put back together.... I washed the fixture, it was so dirty!

Anyway now it won't turn on so my chore today it to take it apart again and see if it works with just the bulb, then I will know that it is how I put it together that is causing the problem. It is over ten years old, do they just break after time? I mean it is never moved and only comes on with a timer, so that is another thing I can check, maybe the timer is broken.

Oh, I did get the kitties new water so I dumped their old water on a couple of plants. Time for coffee and the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2020 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Grabbed the birdbath and gave it a good scrub with soap then refilled it. Ended up sweeping the front half of the house.

Not much else done since it is hot today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 09, 2020 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Getting a late start, need to go and check the birdbath and get some coffee.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, July 10, 2020 - 3:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

I keep planning to post here, but then I get distracted and it totally slips my mind, lol. I'm very rarely on my computer these days (Baker, Kota's pup, thinks if I'm sitting down it's so he can pile up in my lap, lol) and I hate to post on my phone (cuz I just can't get used to the teeny tiny keyboard.)

Anyway, not a lot going on around here other than the usual. I did wash my bedding and bedroom curtains the other day since they needed it. And yesterday afternoon, I washed the few lunch dishes, wiped down the counters, and swept the kitchen. Walked out and picked up a few things and went back to the kitchen and ants were everywhere. Had to rewash the dishes, wipe counters and cabinets again, and then pulled everything out of the cabinets under the sink and next to it to spray.

Ants have been a HUGE problem this year. We find an ant hole in the yard, poison it, and a new one comes up. Clean them up in the house, spray, and they end up somewhere else. It's driving me batty and I'm about ready to admit defeat and call an exterminator.

Tomorrows plans are a little work around the house and yard. We're back to over 100 degree temps so probably not a whole lot of anything going on.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 10, 2020 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I understand about getting distracted. If I am on my laptop for too long, my cats pace back and forth in front of my face so I can't see the screen, LOL.

So I had to "update and restart" my computer which led me to clean it, wiped it all down, used that cold spray stuff on the keyboard and bottom vents, then I noticed my desk lamp.

Got a good rag and cleaned it, wiping down the lampshade and the base, it was pretty dusty and harboring cat hair.

I have a dental cleaning appointment today, a little nervous about it since I have to take a lyft car, but I will mask and glove up and hope it goes well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 11, 2020 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday!!!

My dental appointment went really well, it was only the receptionist, me and the hygienist. They took my temp, had me fill out a questionnaire, we were all wearing masks and the receptionist showed me the misty stuff they spray over everything after every client. They also had air purifiers all over the office.

My hygienist was so covered up I wasn't sure it was really her, LOL. She had all the PPE and a mask and shield, plus she changed her gloves all the time but I had noticed she did that before. Anyway it was a pleasant safe visit, and I was happy to get my teeth cleaned.

Then I had a lovely Applebee's take-out dinner with my friends. We sat outside a business park with a pond and had our salads and margaritas, LOL. Then it got hot so we had to hurry back to the air conditioned cars.

Not sure if I will do much today. It is going to be hot again so things might get done when I finally decide to turn on the AC.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday!!!

I did water the plants last night in anticipation of the hot weather today. No plans other than the Sunday paper, coffee, computer games and Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel, LOL.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: