TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
TVCH's Home & Life Organization

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization users admin

Visit Flylady's website at: *Flylady.net

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Household Notebook/Control JournalLkunkel08-06-04  11:01 pm
ARCHIVESDipo3100 125 01-24-19  2:50 pm
Archive through February 03, 2019Dipo25 02-03-19  12:52 pm
Archive through February 11, 2019Wargod25 02-11-19  5:17 pm
Archive through February 19, 2019Dipo25 02-19-19  1:39 pm
Archive through February 28, 2019Wargod25 02-28-19  3:31 am
Archive through March 07, 2019Dipo25 03-07-19  11:04 am
Archive through March 15, 2019Dipo25 03-15-19  2:43 pm
Archive through March 23, 2019Dipo25 03-23-19  6:20 pm
Archive through March 29, 2019Dipo25 03-29-19  3:50 pm
Archive through April 06, 2019Dipo25 04-06-19  4:04 pm
Archive through April 13, 2019Dipo25 04-13-19  2:19 pm
Archive through April 18, 2019Dipo25 04-18-19  3:15 pm
Archive through April 25, 2019Dipo25 04-25-19  8:46 pm
Archive through May 06, 2019Dipo25 05-06-19  12:18 am
Archive through May 14, 2019Wargod25 05-14-19  4:42 pm
Archive through May 22, 2019Dipo25 05-22-19  12:19 pm
Archive through May 28, 2019Dipo25 05-28-19  7:54 pm
Archive through June 06, 2019Wargod25 06-06-19  12:43 pm
Archive through June 14, 2019Dipo25 06-14-19  11:22 am
Archive through June 26, 2019Sadiesmom25 06-26-19  8:56 am
Archive through July 05, 2019Dipo25 07-05-19  12:41 am
Archive through July 14, 2019Dipo25 07-14-19  9:34 am
Archive through July 25, 2019Dipo25 07-25-19  11:37 am
Archive through August 04, 2019Dipo25 08-04-19  12:46 pm
Archive through August 13, 2019Dipo25 08-13-19  4:30 pm
  Start New Thread        

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Since we were in a cooling trend (93/94) Sat and Sun, we decided on raking the front yard. Even though we have dirt and more dirt, we also have a freaking pine tree that sheds needles like crazy. As I was sifting through the dirt and needles to rescue my landscaping rocks that go under the window, I thought...hey, this isn't so bad, I bet I could find enough rocks around the front and backyard, maybe a little digging to find more, to create a rock garden around the three cacti I have. Should be a snap, there's tons of rocks just laying around.

I have lost my damned mind. Four days I've been picking and digging. The cooling trend reversed itself, so today was 102. Can't be out there too late cuz it's too dark to see anything. OMG, by about hour 8, I was ready to give up, but since I'd already started, I wanted to finish it. Pretty sure by this point my lost mind is fried along with the rest of me. I finally finished it today. I'd guess all told, 13-14 hours worth of this?

We've been wanting to xeriscape, cuz ya know, desert, it's ridiculous to plant stuff that doesn't really belong here. And I figured if the rocks were just laying around or need to do a little digging for them, why go out and buy them? Pfft, next time, I'm buying the damn things, lol! I do need to do some kind of border and I've decided on round stepping stones. I can paint those and sit in the house in the cool air to do that.

Oh, and since I was out there and already dirt and sweaty and hot, I figured I might as well put the sealer on the other stepping stones to the mailbox. I'd decided I wasn't going to do it, let the paintings fade and they could be repainted down the road. Then decided I was going to seal them and nah...I'll just repaint. But, they are fading a lot faster than I thought they would (I expected to get at least 2-3 years out of them before I had to redo them) so I sealed them.

Very little has been done in the house. And that's just too bad, lol, chores can wait a couple days. Or at least til my sunburn isn't hurting.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

WOW, that is a lot of effort, hahahahaha. I can't believe you did it in this heat and ended up sunburned too boot.

I spent 2 hours on the phone going over our reserves study. We were supposed to meet this afternoon at 3:30pm, but it got changed to next week since it is going to be 105!!

I just cleaned up the kitchen a bit, refilled the birdbath water, watered a bunch of plants and turned on the AC.

I have a few things to work on today but now I am just going to take a break and enjoy my coffee and cool off.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Thing is, by about 4pm Saturday, it was beautiful outside. Same with later Sunday afternoon into the early evening. No wind either. Great weather for yard work. Monday was hot, but I stuck to the shade for the most part. Yesterday, though, I was so over the digging and picking up and sifting through dirt to find rocks I just wanted it done. And that's when I got careless. While I did put on sunscreen, and a hat later in the afternoon (cuz I started around 130,) and tried to stick to the shade, there wasn't a lot of it during most of the afternoon. By the time I got around to doing the stepping stones, there was no shade at all. On the plus side (not really, but looking for a silver lining, lol) most of me is only a little pink and not as bad as I originally thought. My back/back of shoulders are fried...you can tell looking at me just how far my arms reach, lol, cuz that's where I missed with sunscreen.

I noticed when I went to get the mail, my stepping stones look really nice with the sealer. They've got a nice shine to them they didn't have before.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It is a little cooler today, only 100! Don't have much on my list because it is already warm. I opened up the house around 6am.

I went out and refreshed the bird water and watered a few plants, grabbed the paper and am about to head back to bed for a nap.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
105 here. I'm painting stepping stones (smaller, round ones) to put around the rock garden. So far, they are turning out pretty good.

Caleb and his girlfriend are coming to dinner tonight, so I've already done my cleaning for today. Not sure what else will get done. It's too hot to do much.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know, I broke down and made a tuna casserole, it's in the oven, and I have cleaned up the kitchen, and then I will get the oven turned off and stop using any heat for several days.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I'm making taco salad cuz it's the quickest thing I can cook and it's too hot even to bbq, lol.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, August 16, 2019 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Had fun with the kids last night. We're actually trying to talk them into moving in, lol. His girlfriend has one more class til she's finished with her degree (I think associates, not positive on that) and they are talking about moving to California City since it's cheaper when she's done. We have a spare room, we'll charge for groceries and other than gas, they can then put money in savings so they can move out when they have money in the bank. We've offered the same to Kota and her boyfriend. We want them to save money so they can move out on good financial terms.

107 today. It actually didn't feel that hot. I went out and fiddled around with rocks and placed a few more stepping stones and didn't realize it was that hot, lol. I was in the shade though, so that's probably why.

Other than the rocks and stepping stones, all I've done so far is make some tea, put a few dishes on to soak, and cleaned up my craft table cuz it was a mess. I'll probably work on some more stones and do my housework later when it's not so hot.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 16, 2019 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
today it's suppoed to only get to 99, we shall see. I have cleaned up the kitchen and started working on making some kitty grass.

When I opened up the house this morning I refreshed the birdbath and watered some more plants. I did a bunch last night when it was sort of cooled off, I don't think it dropped below 75!

Also ran the dishwasher last night so I need to think about getting that unloaded.

That might be fun to have the kids back in the house.

Hahahahaha, I made a pitcher of tea as well, must be something hot weather brings on.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

I still need to unload the dishwasher, forgot about that and I really need to do laundry. Normally I wouldn't do it on the weekend but I think it is going to be hot again next week.

I should go check the forecast.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the dishwasher unloaded and boxed up some books for donation, then gathered all the laundry stuff together.

Think I will plan on laundry tomorrow morning and just enjoy the coolness of the day right now. I am so tired from not really sleeping well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 18, 2019 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Been doing lots of little things today once I decided to move laundry to my usual 3pm on a weekday, so it is up for tomorrow.

Loaded up the dishwasher and cleaned the sink, made a nice brunch and then loaded up the dishwasher and refilled water bottles.

The other night I was looking for jammies and realized there was a bunch of stuff in that drawer that I didn't really recognize so today I went thru it and pulled stuff to donate.

Also took out some trash and recycling, oh and I got the mail, so I do need to deal with that.

I have 3 different poles in my closet and last year I moved a bunch of stuff over to one pole, the deal was if I didn't wear it I would donate it, so that is really to be logged. Today I moved over a bunch of summer stuff that I haven't worn, not sure if I will just go ahead and get rid of it or hold it for a while to make sure I don't want it.

Finally I moved stuff from the bottom pole to the top pole so I can stack the donation boxes on the bottom and then use the right side of the pole as a staging area for what I am wearing the next day.

Now I just want to go outside and read my book and enjoy the lovely day and nice temps.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, August 19, 2019 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Oh, funny, I took my duster to bedroom doors earlier.

So far today, I've cleaned my bathroom and swept and mopped all the floors. Still need to do a few dishes I have soaking in the sink, but I got distracted, lol. Not sure what else I'll do today.

Spent the weekend doing some landscaping out front. This is my current, long-term project so it won't be finished anytime soon, lol.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 19, 2019 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I had an hour of free energy on my computer game so I got a late start on the laundry, two loads are in.

I also did some work in the kitchen and took the kitchen rug out for a good shake and airing. Also swept the office floor, it amazes me how much kitty hair gathers there... must be because they like to lay on the desk.

But my main goal for today was getting that laundry done, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 19, 2019 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, the laundry is done! All the hanging clothes are put away and most everything has been folded, just waiting for it to cool off, it was pretty hot!

Also took the newspapers down to the recycle bin.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

So happy the laundry is done that I haven't really done much so far. Cleaned up the kitchen a bit, paid a couple of bills, and got the birds some fresh water.

Not sure what else I will work on today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

I think I am going to be working on my bedroom today. Yesterday it occurred to me that I should run my blankets and comforter thru the laundry (since all my other laundry is done, LOL). So then I could try to turn my mattress, fix the dust ruffle that has been sort of torn, and then change the sheets, dust and mop. So that is my plan after I have some coffee and lunch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I may have missed my laundry opportunity, it is starting to get hot.... but I did clean up the kitchen, loaded up the dishwasher, wiped down the counters and stove and made some tea and some hummingbird food.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Subtitute chores, LOL... I swept and mopped the kitchen floor, cleaned, refilled and rehung the hummingbird feeder and now I am going to dust the bedroom.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: