TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
TVCH's Home & Life Organization

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization users admin

Visit Flylady's website at: *Flylady.net

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Household Notebook/Control JournalLkunkel08-06-04  10:01 pm
ARCHIVESDipo2425 98 07-03-18  11:19 am
Archive through July 11, 2018Dipo25 07-11-18  5:08 pm
Archive through July 17, 2018Wargod25 07-17-18  2:09 pm
Archive through July 24, 2018Wargod25 07-24-18  2:30 am
Archive through July 29, 2018Wargod25 07-29-18  5:34 pm
Archive through August 06, 2018Dipo25 08-06-18  3:10 pm
Archive through August 13, 2018Dipo25 08-13-18  12:09 pm
Archive through August 21, 2018Wargod25 08-21-18  3:36 am
Archive through August 29, 2018Dipo25 08-29-18  1:24 pm
Archive through September 08, 2018Dipo25 09-08-18  1:45 pm
Archive through September 17, 2018Dipo25 09-17-18  1:02 pm
Archive through September 25, 2018Wargod25 09-25-18  2:40 pm
Archive through October 02, 2018Dipo25 10-02-18  11:33 am
Archive through October 09, 2018Sunnyday25 10-09-18  6:38 pm
Archive through October 15, 2018Dipo25 10-15-18  8:33 pm
Archive through October 22, 2018Wargod25 10-22-18  1:46 pm
Archive through November 02, 2018Dipo25 11-02-18  7:58 am
Archive through November 07, 2018Wargod25 11-07-18  3:21 pm
Archive through November 16, 2018Dipo25 11-16-18  3:13 pm
Archive through November 21, 2018Dipo25 11-21-18  6:14 pm
Archive through November 29, 2018Wargod25 11-29-18  2:53 am
Archive through December 06, 2018Dipo25 12-06-18  2:56 pm
  Start New Thread        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 06, 2018 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Most of the decorations are up, just need to hang the stuff on the slider, will get to that tomorrow or Saturday. Have lunch with a girlfriend tomorrow which should be fun.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 07, 2018 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=48044

Did some minor pick-up here and there but mostly getting ready for my lunch date.

This afternoon I will probably finish off the decorations and I notice a build up of leaves on the balcony so will need to deal with that.

I wrapped up the final Christmas package last night, I finally figured out how to wrap a potato masher and 4 wooden spoons ... I found a Christmas Bag mixed in with my decorations so I used that, plus I had some green tissue paper that I used to cover the top, turned out great, LOL.

I ordered some stuff from Amazon that I needed right away even tho I haven't received my gift card yet. Have more things to order once I get that, one more gift in that batch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I had a whole plan for today after doing a few chores yesterday and then I woke up not feeling well. I am going to kill my girlfriend who told me when I got there for lunch that she had a cold!!

Mostly I have a deep cough, slight fever and general "yukiness", I don't really think I could get a cold that quickly from her so it may just be allergies, my head is really congested.

Anyway, I got up and managed to clean up the kitchen (while my chicken noodle soup cooks) and pulled the cushions in off the balcony (possible rain tonight), not sure anything else on the list will get done.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Ick, Dipo, it's going around here. Caleb now has it, my sister and bil both do and I'm pretty sure Kota is starting it, though she's ignoring it. Lots and lots of hot tea helps.

We got mom moved to the new house today. We rented a uhaul trailer for the day and since it was a bit bigger than needed for just her stuff, we also took the hutch and my bookcases, and I think all my boxes of books. Which is a lot, lol. Came home and cleaned up the dining room which was absolutely trashed from just stuff. Got what needed to be boxed up boxed, the blankets we are using for covering furniture folded back up in a neat pile and vacuumed.

Now trying to get some laundry done. I sent Kota and her boyfriend to pick up pizza cuz I have no desire to mess around the kitchen.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 09, 2018 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, hot tea sounds good. Maybe I will go and make some. Funny, we had Chinese on Friday and I really enjoyed the hot tea with lunch.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, December 10, 2018 - 3:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

I'm a big believer in hot tea for pretty much everything, lol. Colds, flu, stomach bugs, stressed, insomnia, reading.

Tomorrow I will be finishing Caleb's laundry and doing some of Kota's. Packing and cleaning. I don't have much else planned for the day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 10, 2018 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was good. Feeling better today, not coughing up a lung, just a little wonky. Starting on my yesterday list to see if I can get a few things done, may not be much.

I will get the dishwasher unloaded and I have changed my cooking to hamburger/cheeseburger soup, I think that will be good.

I got the dishwasher unloaded, which might be my big accomplishment, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Lots to do today, I need to go down to the trash enclosures and fix it so you can use the bins, then I am going to get a sign made that says, Don't overfil the bins (the trash guy just threw the excess on top of the recycle bin) and to be considerate and break down boxes, recycling when possible, etc. We seem to have some new people who don't understand community living. Oh, I need to clean it up a bit because I can't stand it and the recycle guy just threw the excess trash on top of the trash bin, so people are having trouble accessing it.

AND I need to do some recycling and take out the trash and get the mail.

Oh my Lord, what a mess, glad I took my rubber gloves... I just thought there were a couple of things. When I got down there, I found several bags of trash, a couple so heavy I couldn't even get them into the bins, then spent a good amount of time breaking down boxes.

But an other tenant dropped by and I got the story on who did the deed. Emailing the property manager to make sure they get schooled.

I did pick up the mail and now I am pooped.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dealt with the boxes of stuff and OMG, my popcorn from the popcorn factory came. I forgot how much I love this stuff, LOL, must stop eating it now!

I got the cheddar and butter kind, I think I will order more when I run out and just have this be my snack instead of all the other crap I buy.

And YEAH!!! my Amazon gift card came, may wait until after Christmas to use it, maybe there will be better sale prices.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did a bunch of office work which really helped clean out a bunch of stuff that can be recycled.

Now off to work on my cross-stitch, oh and I just looked up and my sliders really could use a cleaning so I think that might be something I do later this afternoon.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Getting some more laundry done today. Taking forever with no dryer, lol. Cleaned the living room. Found a bunch of Kota's shoes (she collects shoes like I collect books) and threw them in a box. Also packed up all my stuffed animals the kids like to buy me.

Next up, more laundry and the kitchen, which will be pretty quick since no one else has been home today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I didn't mention that when I went down to deal with the trash bin I just wanted to do my recycling... I took out trash, kitty poop, newspapers and a couple of boxes.

Now I am going to go read on my balcony and absorb some sun! Plus put it back together and consider cleaning the sliders.

Just finished working on my cross-stitch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was so nice out in the sun, making my soup and then just relaxing.

Wargod you keep reminding me I need to do laundry, maybe tomorrow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

I got some of the slider decorations up, Sylvester promptly batted one down, it was funny. I put it back up and he hasn't bothered it since.

Not sure what I will work on today, need to do more on my cross*stitch, decide if I am going to actually do Christmas cards, pay a couple of bills, and do my solitaire contest.

So that is a few plans, we shall see what gets done.

Oh and my soup turned out fabulous!!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Heh, laundry has been a focus for me this week because my dryer isn't working at all now. I mean, it wasn't working all that great before, but at least it did work somewhat, lol. And with it cold, everything takes twice as long to dry hanging on the line.

We did buy a new washer and dryer yesterday, they will be delivered to new house this weekend.

Yesterday's cleaning was living room and a bit in the kitchen. Today I'm cleaning my oven and doing more laundry, not sure what else yet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cleaned up the kitchen, refilled some water bottles then spilled some water on the floor so wiped it up and I am waiting for it to dry. Washed the soup pot and scrubbed down the sink.

I am also currently number 2 in the solitaire contest the #1 guy beat me by 35 seconds, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finished up refilling the water bottles so the kitchen finally looks back in shape, LOL. Did some work on my banking, paid a couple of bills, figured out when/if I need to transfer money.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Ended up in 4th place for the solitaire contest, darnit, LOL, bumped by 2 minutes.

I got the rest of the slider decorations up and put some Santa stuff on the front porch. Got the containers put away but just realized I am missing two of the hangers one gold and one red; need to pull those containers out and see if I just missed them in the storing materials.

Not sure what else is on the plan but my coffee is done, so it's that time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 14, 2018 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

LOL, this morning there was a decoration takedown. Apparently we are on storm watch so I brought in the cushions and towels.

Also mopped the living room, dining room, kitchen and hallway. Played some computer games, refilled some soda bottles.

Might be done for the day but we shall see.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 14, 2018 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Worked my cross-stitch, dealt with a bunch of junk mail and did 3 Christmas cards. That might be all I do for the year.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, December 14, 2018 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I have been all over the place the last couple days. Something might actually look accomplished...if I stuck to one task and finished it. Nope, I pack, I clean, I go Christmas shopping, I do yard work, I do laundry, back to packing, etc. I've made progress and think I'm a bit ahead, but it doesn't really look like it.

So far today, we went Christmas shopping (and didn't even buy that much,) did some yard work, I did a load of laundry, and have cleaned the kitchen. Thinking since Caleb's girlfriend is here and they are upstairs watching a movie and Kota and her boyfriend are out (he leaves Monday) I might go do some wrapping and then pack a little.

Tomorrow we are taking a load of stuff to new house. Washer and dryer are supposed to be delivered, so Darren's going to hook those up and I'm going to unpack my books, lots and lots of books, and bring the empty boxes back home.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 14, 2018 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So when do you plan to be moved into the new house? Are you going to do Christmas in the current home and New Years in the new one?

I haven't done much else; trying to think about what I want to do for the weekend, it is supposed to be raining for most of the weekend I think. Maybe I will just do cross-stitch and games, maybe bake a little.

At some point I need to run out the recycling / boxes / and trash, plus get mail and mail my cards.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: