TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
TVCH's Home & Life Organization

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization users admin

Visit Flylady's website at: *Flylady.net

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Household Notebook/Control JournalLkunkel08-06-04  11:01 pm
ARCHIVESDipo4475 184 06-12-20  12:29 pm
Archive through June 21, 2020Wargod25 06-21-20  3:43 am
Archive through June 30, 2020Dipo25 06-30-20  12:04 pm
Archive through July 13, 2020Dipo25 07-13-20  2:01 pm
Archive through July 21, 2020Dipo25 07-21-20  5:08 pm
Archive through July 29, 2020Dipo25 07-29-20  8:40 pm
Archive through August 10, 2020Dipo25 08-10-20  10:13 am
Archive through August 16, 2020Dipo25 08-16-20  9:55 pm
Archive through August 25, 2020Dipo25 08-25-20  5:55 pm
Archive through September 02, 2020Wargod25 09-02-20  2:38 pm
Archive through September 09, 2020Dipo25 09-09-20  4:56 pm
Archive through September 22, 2020Dipo25 09-22-20  4:03 pm
  Start New Thread        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the birds some new water, watered all the plants and finished off those old plastic water bottles of water. Swept the leaves off the balcony and then boiled some water to get my dishes soaking!

I found the boiled water lasts longer than the water I can get from the bathroom.

So I did get a few things done today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dishes done, that water was still very hot!!! All the baking stuff from this morning is washed. That might be it for today.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
So, my HOA said my screens are faded. Took down the two worst, checked out a couple of DIY videos, bought the stuff and rescreened the frames. It is not as easy as the videos, but I think I did OK.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That is just weird, Christy, do you mean the screens that go on the windows? I can't even imagine be concerned about them fading.

Are they a special color or something? Sure seems like a stupid thing for the HOA to be worried about.

BUT ... I am glad you were able to redo them! and are happy with the results

Good Job!!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Yes, just window screens. They are also mad at me about painting. I sent in a request for different colors, no answer, just a screen problem.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 23, 2020 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420'

PAINT!, why would you be painting, that should be the HOA's responsibility. What kind of HOA are you in, LOL?

Not sure what I will do today, getting a bit of a late start. So far I have lost my pedometer, can't figure that out because, of course, I thought I put it on the nightstand, but it is not there, LOL.

Oh well, maybe if I make coffee I will devleop a plan.

Oh, tonight is the HOA meeting so I do have to do some work to be prepared for that.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, September 23, 2020 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
We have smoke again, a lot of it. Had maybe 3 days with none and now it's worse than ever. Not sure if the fire closest to us has gotten worse or the wind has changed or what.

We're still without an a/c (they had trouble finding a replacement cuz everyone shut down or cut back due to covid,) though did get an email yesterday saying they finally found one and it's been ordered. Now just waiting on a/c and heating guys to get it scheduled. Now the choice is opening doors and windows to get some air circulating and being miserable with the smoke or closing up the house and melting cuz it's 95 today.

Don't think I'll be getting much done til way later tonight at this point. Then I'd like to clean up the kitchen, do a load of laundry, and maybe vacuum the living room.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 23, 2020 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That is a bummer Wargod! We are going to get smoke again this weekend and I saw on Sunday the possibility of triple digit weather!!!

I hope you have lots of fans you can use to circulate the air...

I am working on HOA stuff and have taken out the trash and picked up the mail. I need the mail so I can question our manager where the mail has been that has a june date on it!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 23, 2020 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hauled the trash and recycled the newspapers, then picked up the mail.

HOA meeting went well, no real answers for some of the issues but everything was approved and we are moving forward.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Safeway delivery came this morning, I am now the proud owner of 2 loaves of bread I didn't order and a giant tub of peach yogurt. I did order the yogurt but in small 5.5 oz tubs, LOL. Thankfully I had to sign some signature cards for the HOA so I gave the yogurt to my friend, they will be able to us it and I would have never even opened it, it was too big.

I will be continuing on my "doing weird things" around the house. I did order a thank you gift for someone yesterday and got myself some cinnamon rolls as well.

Off to make some coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Geeze lousis, just spent $15,000 to replace our water heater/boiler for the HOA. It has been a very busy morning dealing with HOA stuff!

When I took out trash yesterday I didn't realize one of the kitty poop bags had a hole so there was litter spilled in the foyer. Got the dustbuster and did the foyer and then the bathroom floors.

Also refilled birdbath water and watered a couple of plants. It's kind of warm out there so I think I need to water the other plants once the sun drops down a bit.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I have a few odds and ends to do today. Put the laundry away, a few dishes, and vacuuming the living room since I didn't do that yesterday.

Also for today is finishing up the last of my Halloween decorations. This year, I had Dakota draw out patters (candy corn, tombstones, witch's hats, and pumpkins,) Darren cut them out of wood, and I've painted them. I have the last two pumpkins to paint and then sealing the last several I've done and that's it. We decided to redo a lot of decorations since the flimsier stuff (cardboard, styrofoam, fabric) just doesn't stand up to the wind out here and there's not enough houses to block it. And as is my style, I've kept it to kid friendly scary, not terrifying, lol. Also made a couple tables to set goody buckets on and I'll only put a few goodies, pouring from the bag they come in, out at a time to minimize spreading germs. Don't know that we'll have many trick or treaters, but if we do I want it safe for everyone.

I read something a while ago, and I don't know if it was some article, from twitter or facebook, or what that said since this year has been so crappy and holidays will be vastly different, maybe putting more effort into decorating for the holidays (or something to that effect) would be a good thing. People can go driving or walking to look at Halloween decs the way they do Christmas lights with their families. That really resonated with me. First I already love decorating for the holidays, especially Halloween, and second I really like the idea of going out for a drive to look at halloween decs, lol. And if I can make someone smile when Halloween won't be the same this year, then it's all good.

So, I messed up last night and Ollie tried to murder us all while we slept this morning. I cooked dinner and left it on the stove for Caleb. He ended up working late, then had to take a 20 minute detour cuz of roadwork on the freeway. Anyway, by the time he got home, I forgot about dinner on the stove, and he'd had leftovers from lunch. Never went back in the kitchen. I went to bed around 5, luckily Caleb was up pretty early, cuz Ollie jumped on the stove and turned the gas on. Stupid part was the pan was far enough back Ollie actually couldn't reach it. And our carbon monoxide detector didn't go off so it couldn't have been on too long. But, still I'm going to have to get some child safety knobs, in the meantime we pulled the knobs off.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I am laughing at Ollie murdering you, I know, I know, its not really funny but it just hit me and I cracked up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So the new water heater is being put in tomorrow so the water will be off for a while. I remembered that and went and did the dishes, watered the plants and then refilled the water container and my pan that I boil water for dishes and my coffee pot so I can make the coffee in the morning.

So I think I am set for the water cut-off.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, September 25, 2020 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Heh, trust me, I cracked myself up with that too! It's really not funny, but thinking about Ollie being homicidal was, lol. We've got five smoke/carbon monoxide detectors in the house, all in good working order (though reminds me time change is coming up so batteries will need replaced soon) so Caleb had to have caught it pretty quick. The knobs are already off the oven, as soon as I finished dinner and made my nightly cup of tea.

Ugh, on the water being off. Even if it's a little while it is still such an inconvenience.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 25, 2020 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Should be interesting today, I am sure everything that I think I want to do will involve water, LOL.

So far I have refreshed the birdbath and grabbed the paper. Time to make the coffee.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, September 25, 2020 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Ok, back to my screens. Just for fun, I stopped in at the Ace hardware near me and priced how much it would have been for them to do them. I spent just under $50 for the supplies. They would have charged me $120. I am very pleased with myself.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 25, 2020 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, that is great, but I still think the HOA should have been responsible, LOL.

I washed the dishes, the replacement water system got installed without any problems (other than it cost so much), LOL.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, September 25, 2020 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You da bomb, Christy358.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 26, 2020 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday!!!

It's lovely outside so some chores may get done today. Going out for Mexican food and margaritas later this afternoon.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: