TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 23, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through August 23, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 16, 2023 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the dishwasher running! Thinking about whether I will need to turn on the AC today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 16, 2023 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Swept, Mopped and Dustbusted the living room, office and hallway. It looks great, plus I was able to get all the way under the hutch ... my God there were some really big dust bunnies trying to hide under there, LOL.

Email is cleared and I am pretty much caught up on Twitter. Able to cross three things off my list.

So now I just have office stuff to take care of.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 17, 2023 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Today is Errand day and toss all the old cosmetics or drugs in the bathroom.

I did end up running the AC yesterday but won't need to today. I got the dishwasher unloaded and did other chores.

Today I might do laundry and I have some research to do / office work.

For now its yogurt, newspaper and podcast time!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 18, 2023 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

De-clutter your purse and car and grab an old toothbrush and scrub around the sink and tub faucets.

I made my list for the day, I need to to some Amazon research and make an order before I cancell my prime.

Also have a "hotdog" fundraiser for the Alzheimers Walk that is coming up in October.

And maybe a Community Forum update, lots of things going on plus a hurricane is headed our way!!!

Oh my.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 18, 2023 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the little plates and some plug things my friend needs to fix her blinds, and some new beer mugs ordered from Amazon. I have noticed that some of my beer (coffee) mugs have gotten chipped along the rim. So I need to replace a few.

Now I am doing a comparison shop for a few things between Walgreens and Safeway, then I can do my Safeway order for delivery tomorrow.

I think I will also just plug in my echo right now and see how that goes.

I am working on email and twitter, Oh I should check the BB Live Feeds.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 18, 2023 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Had a great hotdog! and then went to the meeting. Finally home and did some research on the recycle company we have, for some reason these people don't know what is acceptable plastic so I am working on an article for them.

Oh, I set up the "alexa", they really should have some directions, I finally figured out which button to push to get the microphone to work and now everytime Eric on the podcast asks Alexa to do something, she tells me it is not available on this device. Cracks me up. this is going to be a bit challenging. I wonder if I can change Alexa's name.

Off to try and get thru twitter and play some computer games.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, August 18, 2023 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Doesn't appropriate recycling plastic go by the number n the article? I don't do it any more since I moved and don't have cans, or bottles/jars, etc. anymore, but that is sort of what I remember -

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 19, 2023 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday Mission

Have fun today!!

I ran out a bunch of trash this morning and cleaned up the kitchen so there is room for my Safeway delivery.

Listening to my podcast, clearing email and twitter. Oh, off to make some coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 19, 2023 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes it does TNT. Apparently a few people here didn't know about the numbers, they just thought all plastic was recyclable. That's why I am trying to turn the newsletter into a helpful learning place!

I have a huge list of articles I want to put together, the first being how to set up your PG&E so that you don't get huge bills.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 19, 2023 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally got thru emial and twitter, then I refilled water bottles.

Safeway delivery was delayed, they got a flat tire, but notified me it would be late. A really tall, cute, muscular man brought my stuff, LOL, so cute.

Got that all put away. And so happy, I got donuts!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 20, 2023 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday!! A quiet day for reflection !!

Didn't realize I hadn't posted yet today, LOL. Been busy with the crazy weather, BB and email.

Had a lovely brunch and I reposted the forms to become a board member. WE got one form from the current President who is apparently running against me, LOL. IF he thinks I am going to do all the work for him for 2 years he is nuts. I suspect he thinks he can do the job since it has gone well for the past 3-4 months, but that is because I have been doing everything and he has been just running the meeting.

And we got another form from one person nominating a bunch of people that are not herself, LOL.

I got my Amazon order of new coffee mugs, they are a little smaller than I wanted but I will manage, and the new plates for kitty food.

So I have the dishwasher running to get them clean and I had to move somethings around in the cabinets so they will have a place to live. Might move a few more things around in the kitty cabinet but I have to think about that.

Off to watch the weather channel and read the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 20, 2023 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and I now have a box that I think will be a good ballot box. I want the ballots to go somewhere that I don't have control, not the suggestion box.

So now I just have to make it look good so I can put it in the lobby.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, August 20, 2023 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
That community just doesn't know how lucky they are that you live there now! You have a real gift for clear thinking and organization!!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, August 20, 2023 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Same thing I was thinking, TNT!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks! It keeps me busy and I get to work on stuff I am interested in, I just ignore all the craziness.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Time for the Home Blessing chores (I do need to sweep a mess of accidental floor snacks) and moving into the master bedroom where we spend 15 minutes putting away things that have piled up here and there.

I have a good list for today, going to run up a load of laundry, unload the dishwasher, water plants and a few other things.

For now I am working on email, tvch, twitter and listening to my podcast.

I got a late start but should get a bunch done. Need to go and start my coffee!!!

Oh and I got Sylvester to eat some pumpkin, I didn't realize you were supposed to mix it with the food, LOL, he didn't eat the tablespoon full that I put on the plate last night.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Coffee done and I am enjoying it, dishwasher unloaded and reloaded. I got all the dishes put away but still haven't figured out where to put the new coffee mugs. I thought the stuff I moved around would make room but it didn't.

Finished my first run thru email, now to go put in a load of laundry!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Laundry is in! Email and twitter both caught up.

Should I go water the plants or make a rum and coke, hahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Clothes are in the dryer and I broke down the boxes and took them to the trash room.

Water plants is up next

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 22, 2023 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Today is attack the clothes pile, put it away and if you hate it give it to goodwill. LOL, I just started a new box and one thing that went in is a pair of pants I washed yesterday with just that in mind.

Also need to finish up my list from yesterday. For now I am working on email and listening to Taran's podcast.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 22, 2023 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally finished with email, ran the newspapers and some trash out to the bins. Playing some computer games and doing research on stuff.

I need to go now and figure out how to cancell prime.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 22, 2023 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, did the cancellation. Now over to see if I can order some things at my otc stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 23, 2023 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Today we straighten up the floor of the closet. LOL, too funny, yesterday I worked on my closet, got a new goodwill box under the chair, and then swept and mopped the floor. So Yeah, mission already done.

Good thing too because it is a busy day today. I have housekeeping, so have already cleared the bathroom counters and gotten that room ready, just need to move the litter box when Karen comes. Also got the kitchen counters ready to go.

We also have a Fire Alarm Test, they are going to set off the alarms and then have to go inside each unit to see it the little red box is actually ringing. They got extra people hear so that it will go quickly but we shall see, some of these people take a bit of time to get to the door when someone knocks.

Plus I wonder if you can hear someone knocking with the alarm going off, LOL.

For now I have feed the kitties and I'm clearing email, twitter and tvch while I listen to Taran, play a little solitaire and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 23, 2023 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, they did a really good job of checking the apartments. The housekeeping staff went ahead of the inspectors and knocked on doors to get the people up and at the door, then the inspectors came along.

It only took 8 minutes! Which is a true miracle, the alarm practically breaks your ears but with all the people here wearing hearing aids I suppose it has to be extra loud.

Almost done with email, and I am done with twitter, just playing catch up over there.

Watered to outside plants.. had to get away from the alarm, now I need to do the inside plants.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 23, 2023 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Housekeeping came and went. I had her vacuum the bathroom litter rug, I do like the Slide litter but it is fine and the dustbuster doesn't do as good a job getting it up.

She forgot to dust, LOL, but that's ok, I usually do a detailed dust after she leaves anyway.

So now all I have to do is put things back together and the day is done!!

Oh, I need to water the inside plants! and clean the counter top. I don't know how it gets so dusty. Maybe I will order the kitties some new grass, the current grass is looking pretty pathetic. Off to petexpress.