TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 16, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through October 16, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 06, 2023 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting. Tnt, do you have "housekeeping" as part of your rent OR "light housekeeping"? They actually give you a handout of what it entails so there is no confusion.

They will change the sheets if you leave them on the end of your bed, and of course spills are cleaned up from the counters and floors and they haul out the trash. But my dishes aren't their responsibility and we all have dishwashers where you can put your dishes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 07, 2023 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... A Fun Day

Finally getting started, the weather change or new pollen or something is making me feel very head congested, plus I've been sneezing so I am guessing pollen.

Probably just do office chores today, maybe clean out some of the pantry so I can move a few other cleaning things from the closet into it.

Since I have a meeting on Tuesday and some of those people are cookers, I am making up a box of stuff to see if they want it, if not I will put it into the food donation bin.

For now I am going to grab my coffee, find my Taran podcast and clear some email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 07, 2023 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I did a Walmart order to get these little plates I need to serve "churu" on for the kitties, I don't normally shop there. Anyway, all the stuff came today except the little plates, LOL, they aren't coming until Oct. 18th!!

But I did get my Michaels order which contains the new Fall Decor items, so I can fix my door decorations.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday .. A beautiful to be thankful ..

Had a great Chinese dinner last night .. so many leftovers and I feel like I feel like I am still full, LOL.

Not sure what I am up to but off to find out what happened to the Sunday paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 08, 2023 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, paper came late ... so I am mostly thru it; had an excellent brunch ... very cherry french toast!

Now off to finish my paper, computer games and other stuff.

I do need to send out my Agenda for Tuesday and invite a couple of other people to the meeting.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 09, 2023 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
https://www.flylady.net/d/new-links/#missions

Home Blessing Day ... I have a pretty good list of small things to do.

Yesterday I sorted thru my spices and had to toss a bunch and then some are in my basket to take to the meeting tomorrow for people to see if they want it.

I am working on cleaning out the pantry so I can move some other stuff there, plus I haven't really cooked anything since I moved here.

Puting together a Safeway order and also have a culinary meeting today so I want to review the old menus to see what we have lost since Corporate took over the menus. I am hoping the RC can push to get more of the menu back in the hands of our chef.

Off the do the Safeway order, check email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 09, 2023 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the Safeway order done, did some work on the pantry and then got caught up in reviewing the old menus for things I have been missing.

I had decided not to go to the culinary meeting at 1pm, but now that I got that done I think I will go.

Still need to work on emial and twitter.

Oh and had the weirdest Comcast issue. The living room TV sort went blooey, just stopped in the middle of a show, but I could hear it going in the bedroom. Went to change the bedroom channel since the living room seemed to be down and comcast was saying there was an outage and it went blooey.

So I could watch some strange channel with a football game in the living room and Murder She Wrote was running in the bedroom. So odd, and then all of a sudden everything was working again. So weird.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 09, 2023 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank goodness, it sounds like the "experiment" to have same meals accross the communities has come to an end!!! Hallelujah!!!

So Chef will be able to get our food back to normal that everyone loved. I mentioned that I was missing green beans, LOL. And that we seemed to be having a ton of carrots.

Anyway, that is such good news. Back to email and computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

We are in the kitchen and yesterday we were supposed to clean the trash can and today scrub the counters.

I have my first RC meeting as President to discuss my list of issues and decide what we want to tackle for the year. The first thing is the Funding for the Employee Holiday Tip Fund, but I have other stuff on the list.

For now I am off to feed the kitties, get Taran's podcast started, read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally cleaned the medicine cabinet, it's been on the list for a while and took about 5 minutes, LOL. Then I pulled the shelf thingie off the top of the toilet and cleaned that.

Then I accidentally knocked over the kitty water bowl and so did a spot mop of the bathroom floor.

Next up is the meeting, then I can get on with my day doing stuff around here. I have multiple projects going in the de-cluttering type area. Such as the pantry clean out.

Oh and I got thru email, so need to catch up on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Great meeting, not sure I got much accomplished but people had a lot to say and our Newsletter publisher quit, LOL.

So now I am trying to figure out how to make a newsletter in word and it seems it might be pretty easy.

Also checked out Covid shots, and it looks like I might be able to get one on Thursday when I go see my doctor. That's excellent.

Realized that I need to get the minutes done and off to the printer. Also need to create a Thank you notice for all the committee heads and volunteers to go into the October Newsletter.

Plus I am very behind in my own chores, but I don't have anything until Thursday so I might get some stuff done.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Just realized I had not responded to a week-old questin! So sorry-OT intentional! Housekeeping is included in the rent. M-F includes a daily pci-up, hang-up, make-up, brushup. Deep cleaing - floor mopping, shower scrubbing,etc. is weekly. Se do not have dishwashers as we get all three meals provided. Breakfast is: hot (oatmeal, cream of wheat, grits) cereal, cold cereal (several kinds), eggs to order, sausaege (patty and link), bacon, biscuits, toast (wheat rye, white), berries, chopped fruit pls a "special" of the day - pancakes, French toast, waffles, omelets, blueberry o apple muffins, sweet rolls, scones, etc. Mid-day is the main meal of the day - daiy soup, daiy salad,coice of three entrees and four sides, and dessert selection. Supper is soup, ssalad choice of two entrees and twoo sides anddessert selection. There is also a all day a al carte menu with various salad plates, sandwiches, chicken tneders, burgers, etc. Yu can eat in the dining room, get take-out or have it delivered to your apartment.
Wine is served at lunch and dinner. We have mostly f-topd with a few 2-tops. I enjoy moving around and eating with different people.

Now you know way more than you wanted to know about!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

It's time to grab a toothbrush and scrub the kitchen faucets then do the sink.

I think I will do the minutes today and a couple of other office things. Then I need to do some work sorting and putting the catfood away. I have tall piles on my counterspace, LOL.

For now the paper didn't come so I called that in, listen to Taran and I think I will go have my yogurt and watch Perry Mason, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hauled out the old catfood, LOL, it was getting stinky; took some boxes out the trash. Also swept the office and living room, so that's done.

Now working on twitter and email, and then I will go print off the newspaper tvguide and crossword puzzle.

Oh, I need to dustbust the bathroom.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Lordy, I got the bazillon cans of cat food sorted and stored in the kitty cabinet. Hopefully the multiple flavors will help Sylvester eat more food. Tired of throwing out food.

I have been keeping a list of the new foods so I know which ones he likes and which ones he turns his nose up at. He has been enjoying the two new kibbles ... I broke down and let him have Meow Mix even tho it makes for very stinky poop, LOL.

Also got the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded, then filled up the brita dispenser so I can refill water bottles.

Now I get to play some games for a half hour before I do another 15 minutes of chores.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand day and time to wipe down all the fingerprints and smudges on the fridge and other appliances!

I am off to see the doc for my annual physical and hopefully, to get a covid shot!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally back, I swear sometimes I want to be in charge of these people. We had to leave early (9am) this morning because the driver couldn't manage to run one person wast then come back and get us and take us south, come back here and pick up the one person who had 10:45 appointment and deliver her. I mean if they were trying to save gas money that would be one thing but I think it was because the driver doesn't get how to easily and quickly maneuver a bunch of different appointments. There was only 5 of us.

I had my tablet and book with me, and I don't mind waiting, but I have seen poor planning before, so I
think it's the driver.

AND I was at Kaiser and I couldn't find my card, LOL, it must be in a pocket somewhere but I need to order a new one.

Plus I am hungry, didn't get my normal routine .. off to grab some food then start catching up on stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and so funny, for the first time EVER in my life... my first blood pressure reading wasn't sky high, it was low at 98/60, or something like that, LOL. Doctor took it later and it was right in line.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 13, 2023 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Misison

Clear the purse and car day! Plus its time to sweep and mop the kithcen.

My paper came today!!! It has been missing for 2 days so I am taking my yogurt, crawling back in bed and starting my normal routine!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 13, 2023 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the kitchen cleaned up, cleared out another shelf on my pantry so now I can move the laundry stuff into the pantry where it will be more easy to access.

All of this is my bigger project to clean off and reorg my closet shelf. I want to move two of the milk crates up and the kitty carrier down.

The kitty carrier is out in the bedroom where Sylvester and Nala spent a good portion of the night jumping on it and the box next to it, making a racket all night, LOL.

Got my list for the day done, so working on email and twitter and I have to say I was not appreciative of the 7:30 phone call from the vet office to confirm my appointment tomorrow, that I confirmed online already!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 14, 2023 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... Have some fun ...

Well my day wasn't fun at first! Got Sylvester into the box, which is always a challenge and off to the vet we went. I had a 11am appointment. I expected to be put in a room and see the vet. He needed a blood test and weigh in. It was a problem when she went in the back ... to check! They expected me to leave him! I said no thankyou, we will get another Vet and we brought him back home! So he was box traumatized for no good reason, plus I tricked him with Churu so he may never forgive me, LOL.

So I guess I will make an appointment with my old vet over by my old house. I really liked them. I was planning to change Vets' but wanted to give this local one one last chance, and they failed. We did weigh him on the big dog scale in his box and he was the same weight as last time, so at least we got that.

After that everything was fun and good except for all the crazy drivers on the road trying to kill each other.

Went and got burgers at Mona's; picked up some new kitty grass, got a Starbucks latte, then swung by Sloats so my sister could get a new artichoke plant.

Finally back home where she took out all my old boxes, loaded up a bunch of food and spices that I had cleaned out of the pantry, and then the other things I had gathered for her. She needed a whisk and I had a really good one, so she took that and a potato masher.

Now I am ready to just get in my bed and play computer games, drink my cofee and relax. No other chores to be done because we watered the plants and the only thing on my list is office stuff.

So glad to get rid of all the stuff!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 15, 2023 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday .. Its a day for fun and reflection ...

Should be a beautiful day to play games, read the paper and maybe do a few chores, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 15, 2023 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got email done, most of the paper has been read and a first run at my many computer games completed.

Now I must! spend 15 minutes working on the minutes for the RC meeting. Then I can play some more.

Oh, and I am very annoyed that the Christmas movies have started!! At least wait until after Halloween.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 15, 2023 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well I spent more than 15 minutes but the minutes and agenda are out to people to review and comment, then off to the printer tomorrow.

I am sleepy, LOL, but Sylvester has his best napping spot on the bed, up in between the pillows, and I don't want to disturb him.

I guess I will play some computer games, but go get a beverage to perk me up!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 16, 2023 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

It's Home Blessing day... I got the kitchen cleaned up, we had a lot of kitty dishes since Sylvester was turning his nose up at all the foods yesterday. Funny he ate his food this morning. Anyway all the plates are cleaned up and loaded into the dishwasher. Cleared the counters wiped them down. Then I cleaned up the kitty box, now working on email.

Need to figure out what else I want to accomplish today. Still working on the November Newsletter. I wish I could find an easy way to do this but maybe it is just getting used to it.

Off to grab my coffee and finish email then do twitter.