TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 04, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through February 04, 2024 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ordered my low mount shower holder, we looked for it in Home Depot yesterday but that is where I ordered it from today.

Then I decided on Taco Bell for my Door Dash order, it's on the way. Now I just need to get AA batteries and chocolate bars, LOL. I had asked my sister to get me another of the one she gave me for Christmas and she laughed and said it was in a gift basket she received and since she doesn't like milk chocolate she gave it to me, LOL. So now I will see what the internet says.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
DiPo, keep in mind you live in the SF Bay Area and therefore have access to being able to get a McRoskey mattress made especially for you.

https://www.mcroskey.com/

As soon as I read about McRoskey when we lived there, I knew we would be getting one, and we still have it. It is wonderfully comfortable.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
TNT, in California we also pay deposits on certain recyclable items like aluminum cans, glass, plastic, so we are getting that back (or some of it) if we take it for recycle.

Other items are supposedly recycled by the contracted trash company and anything just put out is often picked up by people who then recycle for the deposit money.

I don't drink anything from aluminum cans any more, have very few water bottles that I might get at a lecture, but I do drink Yakult probiotics every day and those little bottles have a deposit of 5 cents apiece, so I do save those and recycle

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Same in Oregon on the recycling of cans, aluminum and plastic bottles.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, January 30, 2024 - 5:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info - very interesting!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 30, 2024 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesdays Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

It's Planning day and we are working on the living room and Entrance areas this week. Time for a detailed vacuuming in the living room, try to get under the chairs/furniture and up to the baseboards.

I have been busy, got the dishes put away and the kitchen cleaned up. Took out some trash, balanced my checkbook and paid some bills, and have been working on email.

Just realized I hadn't finished this post, got distracted sending off some emails and working on the minutes for the last RC meeting.

Also got my new Letsfit watch charging, can't wait to switch over to it. Then I can stop wearing a watch and a fitbit.

Back to email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 30, 2024 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email done, twitter seems to be never ending, LOL.

I did finally get my Letsfit watch to connect to my phone and now I only have to wear one thing on my wrist. I did notice that I will have to pay attention when I am making a phone call, it seems to want to use the watch instead of the phone. But I will figure that out.

I dustbusted up the kitty kibble throw up that I had managed to track around the living room, looks great, then I dustbusted the office rugs and litter box area.

Ran down and got the mail, I needed Sylvester's pills. I had to drop his dose to one pill for the past 2 days, so today we will be back to the normal dosage.

Dumped out/cleaned the dustbuster so now I can do the bathroom.

Back to check email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

It's Anti-procrastination Day, I have one thing on my list that qualifies, AND Add something pretty to your living room.

I cleaned up the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher, went to clean the top of my toilet and it seems to be built up "grim", so I need to grab some cleaning supplies and go finish that.

Working my way thru email, updated the manager on the RC meeting and some of the stuff the residents brought up. Then I put together the question my sister thought the chat group could help with (in Dumb Questions).

I have several small chores that I will complete today. And the rain has come which makes me want to crawl into bed and play, but I did that yesterday, so I am trying to do a few chores today, LOL.

Back to email and twitter

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 31, 2024 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I was working on stuff and got a call from my friend asking if I wanted to go to lunch. I said give me ten minutes and I ran to dry my hair and throw on some "going out" clothes and put on a bit of mascara, LOL.

Had some great Chinese food and she had a darling Green Velvet Hatbox full of cookies, candies and stuff that her company had received at Christmas and no one had claimed. So she brought it to me to hand out to the people here.

They were playing Bingo when I got back and I sat down with some friends and took out all the cookies, they were Cheryls Individually wrapped ones. I kept a few for me and now I need to figure out what to keep in this fabulous Hat Box!

Didn't get many chores done, I did dust the nightstand and file cabinet. The nightstand has been on my list for a least 2 weeks!!!

Now I am trying to get thru email and then I will pop over to twitter.

We are having some nice rain, not too hard here and no chance of flooding.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, February 01, 2024 - 3:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
LOL! "did dust the nightstand and file cabinet." WHAT does ;your housekeeper DO? I understand that you feel responsible for cleaning up after the kitties and their litter boxes. I would think ALL else is her responsibility? I put dirty clothes in the laundry basket and gther up trash to go out. Vicky hangs or puts away otherclothes, scrubs shower and both sinks, changes and makes the bed,

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, February 01, 2024 - 4:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
wipes down vanity and kitchen counters, washes dishes if there are any in the sink,dusts bed- and living room furniture, vacuums the BE, wet mops the bath and kitchen floors, and dry mops the LR. And never fails to tell me to let her know if there is anything else I want her to do "Special!"

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 01, 2024 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
We have light housekeeping, they do dust but I do a detail dusting and housekeeping hasn't been here since the 24th. Kitty litter dust gets on the file cabinet in a day or two.

They do all the things you mentioned but it is not their responsibility to clean up after us, since we are independent that is our job. And I prefer to change my sheets myself, although they will do it for you if you put the sheets out on the end of the bed.

Since they won't be here until next Wednesday (I think) there are always little things to clean up around the house.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 01, 2024 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Today is Errand day and dust the baseboards in the living room, dining room and entrance.

So far I have straightened up the kitchen, loaded the kitty dishes into the dishwasher and swept the kitty litter up in the living room/office.

Got the coffee brewing and opened up the balcony. Also called Comcast, for some reason the Weather Channel has stopped working, LOL. I just get that stripe pattern that used to show up when channels went off air.

Anyway, Comcast has done all kinds of restarts and now we have wait "one hour" as my TV boxes "heal", LOL. All the other channels are working just fine and I love the weather channel.

Off to grab my coffee and get to clearing email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 01, 2024 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Still working on email, got thru some of twitter and now I am off to get a polish change!

Oh we got the new calendar and it has some interesting changes, should be fun to see how it goes in the future.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, February 01, 2024 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
LOL! We are independent living too! However, most of us have always had some level of household help. Even when I first married,I did medical transccription a couple of nights a week because I would much rather type than clean floors and toilets! Vicky, the housekeeper for our floor, is ajewel! In addition to doingweekly cleaning and flat laundry, she does special projects like repotting plants! We all love her!

Like many things it is all in how you were raised@

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 02, 2024 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Final cleanup of the entrance, dining room and front porch, then put a cute / pretty touch to the area, new table cloth, flower,etc.

I finally bagged up all the canned goods for the food bank bin that I have had sitting on my foyer table for a week or two. I will take it down when I go for dinner. Amazing how much better it looks there!

Also did my kitchen duty with the old cat food and loaded up the dishwasher. My Safeway delivery should be coming soon.

Got my new list going, put away all the cleaning supplies I had gathered on the bar and refreshed the kitty water bucket that they prefer.

Now that Sylvester is finished with his mid-morning snack I can start the coffee and get working on email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 02, 2024 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
TNT, I probably wouldn't spot clean around my house as much if we had weekly cleaning, not that I am that messy, but my roommates insist on tracking litter around and throwing up occasionally, hahahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 02, 2024 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I feel very accomplished, the house looks so much better with just those small things accomplished. The Safeway man came and I got all that stuff put away.

I got the short bookcase to put at the end of the bed because the kitties liked to sit on the box the pillows came in, but they still like to sit on the box!!! Cats !!! So today I put the old pillows I was going to trash into the box, taped it back up and now it can sit on the side of the bed where they have been sitting on it, LOL.

Oh and Comcast .... Sometime around 9ish last night I realized the Weather Channel had returned to my TV's; so I went ahead and cancelled my appointment. Then sometime around 1am, I had stayed up late to watch Feud since I missed it the night before, I tried to change channels and kept getting an error message saying "something has gone wrong, try again later".

I was so annoyed since I had cancelled my appointment. BUT when I called I found out the whole area was in an outage because they were doing some sort of maintenance.

I still can't figure out how/why I continued to recieve the shows on FX until they reconnected everything.

Anyway, I am tired from being up late so I need to have this coffee, clear my emial and then take a nap.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 02, 2024 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru email and as a result I completed my analysis of my PG&E bills. I seem to have managed to keep my bills down so I am happy about that, so I will keep on doing what I have been doing.

I wonder if I will see a decrease since I changed out the bathroom bulbs to LED.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 03, 2024 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday! It's A fun Day !!

Just working on my list -- time to deal with the bed. Also need to do the research on the mattress purchase. Plus I think I will work on the Newsletter and sending out the minutes for printing.

For now it's newspaper / yogurt and some computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 03, 2024 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Updated my calendar with this month's activities then cleaned up the kitchen and got the dishwasher going.

Grabbed my coffee and back to email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 03, 2024 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Had a great meeting about the coming activities, we have finally moved into the current century and when you sign up for something it is computerized instead of sheets of paper in a binder, LOL. Now if only we could make things accessible by a website instead of having to call!

Then I decided to order my dinner delivered so I can stay home the rest of the day, Yeah!! I am behind in my computer games, LOL.

Also made a hair appointment for next Saturday! Off to clear out twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 04, 2024 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... a quiet day for reflection and gratitude ...

Not much on the list for today, just the usual stuff left that didn't get done yesterday.

Might go out to dinner tonight, some nice hot soup or chili sounds really good! Have to research that.

off to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 04, 2024 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Coffee brewing, tried to fix my window screen (that they just replaced on the 26th), it doesn't like to stay secured on one corner and the wind has been pulling it out. So I reported it, hopefully it won't fall off again.

Dustbusted the office litter area and cleaned up the fridge. I found, Last Night, that my milk carton seems to have a teeny tiny hole somewhere in the bottom. I am not sure how to plug it, so I poured most of the milk into a pitcher and then put a rag down on the shelf for now.

Off to clear email and get coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 04, 2024 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email and twitter done. Filed away a bunch of stuff and now working on my mail pile and "other junk" in the office pile.

Refilled my battery holder, got some new AA's since I was almost out.

And the SUN has come out !!! but the clouds are chasing it down!!!