TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 08, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through March 08, 2024 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 02, 2024 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bingo was fun, I was down to my last 2 dimes and I won $7 (in dimes), LOL. We had a bunch more people playing which I was glad to see. Lots of different winners instead the same people winning over and over.

Now to clear the new emails and tweets.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, March 02, 2024 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
We have in-house Bingo games three afternoons a week. We do not play for money, but prizes which range from 4-pakcs of toilt paper through all kinds of snacks to crossword puzzle and word games books. I have not bought TP or laundry detergent in the year that I have lived here! We can play two cards until the final game of coverall when we can have three except for Freaky Friday when we can play four cards all afternoon. If you are playing themaximum number of cards,, you have to able to maintain the pace - there is no slowing down for the greedy!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 02, 2024 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
For dime bingo you play as many cards as you like and they are a dime each. The dimes are collected into a plastic cup and then whoever wins gets all the dimes.

They usually play for about an hour. We also have $5 Bingo on Sundays, and you get a cash payout on that one too, but the cards are the paper ones you get at other places, and they play different games, like postage stamp and telephone pole and kite.

I don't play often because it conflicts with my normal schedule but I have been trying to support the activity.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 03, 2024 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday .. A day for Reflection

Should be a great day! We have some sunshine currently!!

Time for the Sunday paper and some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 03, 2024 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my, things are happening here at the retirement community, LOL. The Welcoming committee doesn't think we need them, just because they haven't been giving tours (which is the staff job) and now management is asking people if they want to be welcomed. Apparently a lot of the new move-ins don't want to be bothered.

So I convinced them that they should only worry about giving the new residents the welcome package (it has resident council minutes and other things about the community). So hopefully that is resolved.

Then the Activities Manager asked to talk with us and wanted to know about a specific person, sounds like she may be getting fired Tuesday or at least her behaviour written up. This one person is rude to the residents, tries to boss other staff around that she is not in charge of and will retaliate against residents if she thinks they did her "wrong". I actually had a specific incident where I felt that happened to me so I learned to not deal with her for any issues I might have.

AND I won at Bingo!! It was fun, then stayed for a little Wine Social, that was nice.

I hadn't realized I would be spending so much time down in the living room today, LOL.

Ahhhh, the soap opera that has become my home, hahahahaha.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, March 03, 2024 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
We have Ambassadors that I think are like your welcoming committee folks. When they meet their new folks the Ambassadors are supposed to let the new people know that they - the Ambassadors -are there for as long as they are wanted/needed. Sometimes that is a day and sometimes several weeks. Our community - as a whole - is a wonderfully welcoming and supportiveee body of folks. Oh yes, we have our complainers, ut mostly we just laugh at them and move on.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 04, 2024 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

It's Home Blessing Day AND we are in the kitchen this week. Time to check out and wiped down all the appliances .. I just finished cleaning up the kitchen and got the dishwasher running and the coffee brewing.

Kitty boxes cleaned and Maintenance came by to check my toilet. The tank wasn't filling properly. water was just trickling in, so now it fills quickly.

Have a meeting today at 1pm, Activities Forum. I am interested to see what they have to say since a bunch of stuff has changed in the calendar. The new manager is trying to approach everything as "resident led" since we are independent. And I think they moved the "go anywhere" shuttle back to fridays.

Opened up the balcony, put the towels and cushions back down. Hopefully we won't get many showers so we can keep them there until tomorrow afternoon.

Also glued the bottom on the container I use to hold the bag for used kitty litter. I noticed it had come loose in a few spots.

Time for the newspaper and some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 04, 2024 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well that was a fun meeting .. There was a handout with several typos, we turned it into a cognitive test, it was very entertaining.

I took out some recycling on the way. And I have redone my list, so I will get on the next item ... refill water bottles.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

It's Planning day .. plan those errands for Thursday AND Kitchen. Time to deal with any/all dirty dishes and then shine the sink.

LOL, I did just finish unloading the dishwasher, scrapped all the old cat food into a trash bag and have those dishes soaking a bit before they go into the dishwasher.

Gave Sylvester his first dish of fresh food, LOL.

Working on email, then I will do newspaper and yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I forgot, when I opened up the balcony I remembered that I wanted to try using the staple gun on the one side that just refuses to stay attached.

So I went and got the gun and did 3 staples to get it back into place. We shall see how long that lasts.

Also I found my mint plant was swimming in water, so I dumped that into another plant. Hope it didn't hurt it too much and now it can dry out a bit. I must remember to go out and removed the trays before the next rain.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watered the inside plants and refilled the kitty water.

Brewed my coffee and now doing my second run thru email, then twitter, then the mail pile on my desk.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email and twitter done, then I dealt with my pile of mail, mostly campaign stuff! Glad that is over today.

Time to work on the next Newsletter!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
How does one shine a sink? With what products and/or implements?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 06, 2024 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, it depends on your sink. The recommended method is to use your favorite cleaner, or just soap and water with a scrubber. Then when you are done spray it with Windex and shine it up, it works especially nice with stainless steel sinks. They look all shiny and make you want to keep them empty.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 06, 2024 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesdays' Mission

Anti-procrastination day ... clean out your fridge, do laundry, other chores you delay! AND clear off the countops of items that don't belong there, get everything put back where it belongs.

It's housekeeping day for me and I have been getting ready, cleared the bathroom counter, I just stick the stick infuser, hand soap and lotion down under the sink, then I move the old litter container and scooper out to the closet. When she gets here I will move the litter box and water bowl.

Went to do the living room and found a huge kibble throw up that I didn't know about, LOL, so I just dustbusted it up and moved on. I did have to scrub a little throwup off my TV table. Moved the rollie and chewy box out to the balcony and then went to the kitchen.

This time I moved everything off the counters onto the bartop, so she can get a good scrub on the counters. Loaded up the dishwasher and cleaned out the fridge since she takes out the trash.

Now I am enjoying my coffee, finishing up the paper and clearing email and twitter.

Oh and I am watching the darling baby mountain lions that were rescued after their Mom was hit by a car, they are at the Oakland Zoo. https://www.oaklandzoo.org/webcams/mountain-lion-cam

So darn cute and this is the first time I have caught them out in the yard playing!

So once Karin gets here I will finish up the "picking the kitty scratchers and toys off the floor" so she can clean. My picking up stuff is also the clue to the kitties, hahahahaha, that the vacuum is coming.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 06, 2024 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So annoyed, I got a call at 3:15 that my housekeeping was rescheduled to Friday! I did let management know I am not happy, I have no problem being rescheduled but they should let me know in the morning so I move everything off the floor.

Granted, I did do a bit of cleaning, like when I found the throw up, but now my house is going to be half put together until friday afternoon.

I put some things back where they belong, mostly the kitty stuff and my coffee maker, but I am leaving everything else up on the sofa and chairs.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 06, 2024 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

The recommended method is to use your favorite cleaner, or just soap and water with a scrubber. Then when you are done spray it with Windex and shine it up, it works especially nice with stainless steel sinks. They look all shiny and make you want to keep them empty.

Hunh! Thanks. I thought that Windex thing was just some sort of punchline from the My Big Fat Greek Wedding movie.

Oh!!! And that would also explain how bright and shiny our obviously old kitchen sinks looked when wee bought the house, compared to how they look now. Too bad I will never remember this tip. Please mention it every week, including the Windex reference. You could say, going to "Windex shine the sinks". Thank you for all you do here.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 07, 2024 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, yes Windex does work on some things.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 07, 2024 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand Day and Time to tackle the Big Appliances in the kitchen -- wipe off the fridge, oven, stove of fingerprints and spills.

Too funny, I noticed that I really need to wipe down my coffee maker yesterday when I moved it up onto the bar counter. Normally I can't see the sides but it became apparent that it needs a bit of cleaning.

Made myself a new list, might do some laundry today.

Time to clear email, then have some yogurt and read the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 07, 2024 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Load of laundry is in, most of email is handled! My new tablet has arrived, the Blackview one is having charging issues so I think it needs some sort of repair. So I got a new RCA to use while it get fixed, if the charge to repair isn't too high.

The Oakland Zoo Mountain Lions are out enjoying the sunshine, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 07, 2024 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Laundry in the dryer, finally got thru Twitter. Have the line dry stuff spread out on the counter and the socks are hanging on the bedframe.

Off to check on email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 08, 2024 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

It's time to spend 15 minutes clearing out one shelf of the pantry, donate what you won't use, throw out expired foods, etc.

I have Housekeeping again today, got the kitty boxes cleaned and moved the scoop and container out of the bathroom, got all the stuff off the bedroom floor, took a shower and got my hair curled.

Since I don't know when Karin will get here I was having trouble figuring out how to fit everything in, so I went ahead and got the shower out of the way.

Now I need to go and read the paper, play some computer games and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 08, 2024 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Crazy day!! Housekeeping is here but the decorator just stuck her head into the apartment looking for her, so that was odd. Then my sister called to change her visit from Sat to Sun, we are going to do some "balcony gardening".

It just seems like everything is a bit crazy today, off to check google to see if there is some sort of solar flair or astrological issue happening.

Poor Karin is trying to clean my house and people keep coming by to interrupt her.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 08, 2024 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
After multiple interruptions, Karin has been able to finish cleaning my house! I swear, I know they are using her to communicate with the newest housekeeper who doesn't have a strong grasp of English, and Karin is bi-lingual. It seems to be very disruptive for her. I wondered how the new lady would work out.

Anyway, now I am waiting for the floors to dry so I can put the house back together. The kitties had enough and both went out to stay on the balcony, LOL.

Still working on email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 08, 2024 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My Target box came and I got that unpacked. While putting all the kitty stuff back down on the living room floor I noticed my rug may need rotating. The side you can't see looks better than the side I look at from my desk, LOL. I think it has been faded a bit from the sun, so maybe we will rotate it this weekend. Unfortunately that will probably mean some floor and rug cleaning, hahahahaha, since I haven't moved the sofa since I got here.

Then I cleaned the coffee maker, I don't understand how it gets so dirty just sitting on the countertop, but now it is shiny again.

Then I got a notice they are painting the hallway between my apartment and the other end of the hall so I called to see if I need to take down my hallway/front door decorations. They could mean that they are ending at the fire door that is right by my unit, not coming to my unit.

I plan to change out my decorations once we get to Spring!! Naturally no one knows except the Director and she is off until Sunday so they are going to ask the painters tomorrow morning and let me know.

With all the interruptions and cleaning I haven't managed to get thru email. I am off to do that now, once it is done I will finish "resetting" the house from housekeeping.