TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 16, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through March 16, 2024 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 08, 2024 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally ... email has been read, deleted and acted upon!! Now I just have to get thru twitter, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 09, 2024 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday !!! It's a fun day !!!

I am going out to lunch for Chinese and I don't know what else I am going to do otherwise.

Got the dishwasher running and got thru some of the paper, guess I really should get the RC stuff wrapped up today. Just realized I haven't gotten the minutes so when I get back I will check on that.

Off to finish getting ready.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 10, 2024 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday A day for contemplation and gratitude.

Going out for Breakfast with my sister and then it's Gardening on the Balcony, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 10, 2024 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was so weird being out and about, there was very little traffic and all the stores were off because it was really 8am but with the time change it was 9am.

We went to the Pet Express for kitty grass and got there at 9.57 and the hadn't opened yet, didn't realize they didn't open until 10am since they were always open when we got there. So we had to wait a bit and I watched other people show up places and stand at the door.

Now we have done all kinds of chores and it is barely noon!!! I am ready for a nap.

All the balcony gardening is done, the rug has been turned in the living room, to fade on the other side, LOL.

I haven't read the paper yet, but I did get a Starbucks coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 11, 2024 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420'

Late start, our internet has been down, still is, but I remembered an offer from Xfinitywifi for $10 for 30 days so I set that up and now I am back and running.

Today is Home Blessing Day, I do have a few things to get done, LOL. I have been gathering things to donate to a new resident who doesn't seem to have anything! I need to look into that further to see how that could happen, when I say nothing, I mean no furniture, no pots/pans, etc. I think he is a veteran so maybe a program placed him here, which is great, but you need to give people a few things to exist.

Anyway for now I need to get thru email, have some lunch, bundle up the stuff, and make a Safeway order, then do my RC Newsletter, Bingo is at 2pm, and I haven't played any of my computer games.

I am very behind, LOL.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, March 11, 2024 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
If it turns out that he IS a vet, you might try American Legions posts in the area for support services!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 11, 2024 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you!! Apparently he was in the Navy. when I googled I didn't find much, so I will check American Legion.

Bingo was fun, LOL, I won 3 times! I couldn't believe it, now I have more dimes than I know what to do with, Hahahaha.

So I am still very behind in my tasks/chores. I did package up some dish towels, a couple of soup bowls, 2 sets of utensils, a kitchen sponge and scrubber, then some pot holders, a bar of soap and a set of towels that don't really match my decor anymore. Oh and I pulled out a few cans of soup and a box of crackers. One of the gals here said she had a cardboard table and chairs she wanted to get rid of, so I am hoping she will donate them to him.

Had a great dinner so I am in for the night and can get caught up on email, twitter, games and hopefully get the Newsletter draft put together.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 11, 2024 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, one game done and the email is done. Off to twitter and another game.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Today is Planning day and we are back in the bathroom. Time to clean your bathroom trash can.

I don't have one, LOL, but I do need to dustbust the bathroom, SOMEONE, I can't imagine who, LOL, decided to throw sand out onto the floor! Nala is notorious for spending a good deal of time covering her business.

I got my new list made up and the coffee is brewing. So time to go grab a cup and clear email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Office and Bathroom dustbusted and cleaned up. Then my Safeway delivery came and I got that all put away.

Ran the recycling out to the bins, and then I finished up the March Newsletter.

Also went to check my stocks and decided to sell one that has just been going down/down/down. Time to give up on it. Watch ... it will jump 1000 times in value now, LOL.

Time for Twitter!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

It's Anti-Procrastination Day ... time to check your medicine cabinet for expired drugs and empty bottles. Then wipe down the shelves and clean up the cabinet.

Had a fun time playing Bingo, I won a couple of games, but mostly it is fun talking to my friends. One of them is moving, I am bummed because she is the Treasurer for the Resident Council. I need to find some people to help the Council, I can't do it all.

Not much on my list for today, already cleaned the kitty boxes so it's time for newspaper and yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my, we are having a kitty rumble, hahahahaha. They both came running in from the balcony and were swiping at each other. They have now separated to opposite parts of the bedroom, LOL.

I am getting a slow start, feeling odd and I finally figured out I am a little depressed/sad because one of the ladies here that I like a lot is moving away. She is also the the treasurer on the RC and it is so hard to get people to help.

So I had a chat with myself and said the worst case scenario is I have to become treasurer, then it occurred to me that there is no reason I can't outsource the job to her and get her to continue to handle it for a while. Then maybe I can find someone to take the job later. I will need to talk to her about it but I feel better.

So now I am going to get some coffee, get on with my day and stop feeling sorry for myself!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru email and a lot of twitter, finally finished the podcast I started last Saturday, LOL. The new one comes out tomorrow!

And I got thru a couple of games, now finishing up my solitaire contest while I finish up twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally managed to get thru twitter, it's a busy day! Then I watered all the balcony and inside plants.

Still need to wet a paper towel to put in the Horsetails bag, they are for my friend and sitting in a plastic bag, so I thought I should put a wet paper towel in there to keep the roots wet.

Off to read my book before dinner.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 13, 2024 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
((((Dipo)))) - my worst fear about you moving was that you would be taken advantage of. Yes, you are THE best person for most jobs ...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 14, 2024 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL Juju, not going to happen. I was thinking about it and I am about to change some things. I think that I will stop distributing the minutes/agendas and just give them to the attendees. Maybe that will increase participation.

Plus I learned my lesson from the condo (which by the way is in total disarray and values have dropped considerably... they should have never kicked me off the board, LOL).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 14, 2024 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand Day ... I don't have any, LOL. AND
Scrub the sink and the faucets, wipe down with Windex (remember to be careful that you are not mixing Windex with any bleach products, make sure you rinse very well before using the Windex).

Here is your WINDEX Reminder JUJU!!!

I think I will work on my questions/comments for the Focus Group next week. I want a list so I don't forget anything, but I will see how it goes in case they are more appropriate for a one on one meeting. Plus I don't know who all will be there either.

I need to update my monthly calendar with events/plans.

I think the time change has really thrown me off my game, so odd that I have been waking up normally but then falling asleep for an hour or so later in the morning. I was watching HGTV (with my eyes closed) and woke up at noon, LOL.

Anyway, I'm back on track now, need to make a new list and deal with email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 15, 2024 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Clean your purse and car day!! I have the dishwasher running, coffee brewing and took out the old catfood and a bag of trash.

I have Chinese lunch today, and maybe I will make it back in time for Bingo.

Off to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 15, 2024 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Busy Day ... excellent Chinese food, then off to Pet Express for kitty grass, got back in time for Bingo -- won twice, LOL -- now trying to get caught up on email, twitter and finish the paper!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 16, 2024 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... Its time for fun ...

It's like spring out! Just a little freak out this morning because I went to access my banking account and I can't get in. Changed my password, did all the things, but NOPE!! So after a search to find a phone number, which was ridiculously difficult, I was happy to hear my balance and know my account hasn't been stolen and drained, LOL. But I still can't get in, apparently there is High Call Volume, which makes me think they are having an issue. So I left my number to call me back.

Moving on ... I cleaned up the old kitty food and gave Sylvester some new stuff after I got the Chewy box opened. He ate it !! So happy, he has been ignoring his food lately.

It is so nice out I think maybe I will change out my hall decorations. I was waiting for it to officially be spring but I think this weather will qualify.

Off to finish clearing email while I wait for my phone call.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 16, 2024 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the bank account squared away, no clue why it wouldn't take my password reset but it took the employees, LOL. So I got a new password and all my accounts are fine.

Grabbed the Spring Decor box, Easter Dec and Spring wreath out of the storage closet. I am thinking I will pull all the decor items out since I have a bunch of chewy boxes that might organize them better.

Dare I put away the space heaters? I am afraid it will jinx us into more cold weather, LOL.

The kitties are out on the balcony laying in the sunbeams! I am going to grab some coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 16, 2024 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally got thru email, most of my games and dustbusted the living room and office. We got the new box of "scratcher Pads" and the kitties love the box, plus they have catnip on them so we had some catnip scattered around.

Plus I got the new kitty grass yesterday and Sylvester has a habit of grabbing a bite and then the grass goes down onto the floor, so we had a bit of dirt and stuff all over.

So that is all cleaned up now and it's time to get ready for dinner.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 16, 2024 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear old people are nuts, LOL. One of our older gentlemen, who won't listen to anyone, walked all the way, probably 10 miles to another town to get his license back. Fell, cracked open his skull and wants to check himself out of the hospital and buy a car.

So don't you have to be able to hear and have cognitive ability to get a license? I am sure his relatives will not be buying him a car but he is going to drive them crazy if, he was actually issued a license.

Amazing!!

Just finishing up my computer games, listening to my DayDrinking Podcast and seeing what's up with twitter.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, March 16, 2024 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
In TN you fdon't have to be able to read English to get a license. Most rigns have sellf-explanatory pictures, but REALLY?

I hear stories all the time here about kids that have taken carkeys - and won't give them back!

I actually expect that they could get them back in a court case since fer - if any- have been declared legally incompetent!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 16, 2024 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep, many kids have the doctor tell thier parents they can't drive anymore. I suspect that is what happened here. But he went to a different DMV to get the license which makes me wonder. I had to work with him on the board of the RC and he did not have a clue what was going on most of the time. He can't hear at Bingo and I would have to warn the neighborhood if he was actually driving around here, LOL.