TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 17, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through June 17, 2023 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 11, 2023 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Hope you feel better tomorrow, Dipo.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, June 12, 2023 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Pnce in a while - thankfully not often - I will wake up nauseated about 3 in the morning. Never any reason I can figure out - feel better!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 12, 2023 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kappy and TNT, I do feel a lot better today. Yesterday was a mystery, I have racked my brains for what could have caused it.

And I googled with no real help -- dehydration was one of the options, LOL, and that was definitely not the case

Quite annoying.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 12, 2023 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
MOnday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Today is HOme Blessing -- which I need, it is amazing how one day can cause so much untidiness, LOL. AND a 27 fling - get rid of old shampoos, conditioners other stuff that should be gone in the bathroom.

I did a little straightening... got the dishwasher loaded and running, put away a few of the groceries I just left in the kitchen, but I will be taking it a little easy today.

Don't want a re-occurance of whatever that was yesterday. I did get TWO papers today, the Sunday and Monday so that will keep me busy.

A few other chores on the list but first I will have some yogurt, start the papers and play some computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 12, 2023 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I remembered I have fire inspection tomorrow and tried to take out some trash but the trash room is over filled with trash, so I called that into the front desk. Who knows if they will take care of it.

So instead I have been doing a few things around the house, put away the litter soda bottles and extra kitty food. Grabbed the kitty litter and put it where it belongs instead of in the kitchen, and then put way the last of the grocery delivery.

Now I am moving the chewy box and giant bag of aluminum cans out to the balcony. At least then the front entry won't seem to have much in it.

Finally off to clear more email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Plan day -- figure out the errands / chores / activities for the week. Plus shine the shower and spend 15 minutes in the guest room.

I have unloaded the dishwasher, moved the "cans" out to the balcony. Dustbusted the bathroom litter rug and made my coffee.

Earlier I hit the showers, feeling back to normal today, still no idea how or what I got, so annoying , I like to know why I get sick, LOL.

The "firemen" should be coming today to do the inspection, and I need to get the minutes and agenda done for the last RC meeting.

A bunch of other stuff on my list for the day, for now I am working on email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Fire Inspection done ... it was interesting, he had a device he used to make sure the outlets worked, didn't even look in the oven, checked all the detectors and then they left. So that is done, now I can take a nap if I want to, LOL.

Email is done still working on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Twitter done, and then I got the minutes and agenda done and sent out. I need to send it off to the printers soon, so it has time to come back for distribution on the 20th.

I think that's it for the day!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Never heard of an apartment fire inspection! Only in CA????

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
A friend of mine lives in a senior apartment in North Cal and they have regular inspections as well. While some of the people living there are on the younger senior side, others are well into their eighties and nineties. I always thought it was a safety issue. They also go through once a year and make sure all appliances are functioning properly, batteries are changed as needed, etc., but I have no idea if all senior apartments are required to do this.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I think there are laws about it. I know the staff here inspect fairly regularly, especially the older ones who aren't as quickly mobile.

We have some people in their late 90's here, they don't run down the halls but they are very mentally aware.

Oh and they have had a few fires here, but those were all attributed to smoking which isn't allowed any more.

TNT, I am sure they happen all the time, I see those little signs on the pipes that say inspected on.

I just think we never hear about how they actually go inside apartments. I think part of it probably is that they didn't inspect for quite a while due to covid.

I also suspect they are looking for hoarding so they can get ahead of that problem and prevent access problems if there was a problem.

But now you make me want to go and google, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Anti-procrastination Day and Wash the bathroom rugs and shower curtains, plus dust those cobwebs out of the guestrooms.

I was trying to figure out why I woke up so early, around 5am, and it finally occurred to me it was because the sun was out, LOL. I went back to sleep and then slept all the way til 9am which was surprising, had lots of dreams as well.

Not sure what I will do today, annoyed that my newspaper isn't here, phoned that in.

Now it's time for some yogurt and computer games and to get awake, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, ok, fire inspection is required in California for buildings with 3 or more units.

And google says ... However, keeping a building up to code, however, can be complicated. For example, 42 states and the District of Columbia follow the International Fire Code. The remaining states use NFPA’s Fire Prevention Code, NFPA 1, sometimes in conjunction with the IFC. Both of these documents refer to the family of NFPA codes and standards. States that have not adopted the IFC include Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My condo building in Oregon has an inspection every year, as well. They test all the building alarms and check all sprinklers inside the units. It’s a noisy day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I forgot about that Kookliebird, they were checking the sprinklers too.

Just got my haircut, so nice I could just call and get in in a half hour, feels so much better! There were 2 people lined up when I left.

Then I took out 2 bags of trash, a box and some recycling. I have some more boxes I should breakdown and take to recycling, maybe later.

Finished up corrections to the minutes and agenda and sending off to the printer! Also found another power cord that fits my tablet so I can use it here and in the bedroom.

Off to finish email / twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Refilled water bottles and refilled my pepper shaker.

Tried to deal with Comcast, the automated lady made me let her resend the signal and wait 20 minutes for them to call me back. So even tho I wanted to talk about the screen freezing for 1 minute at a time and the message that I can't access on demand I had to do the resend.

Now amazingly, none of the things "she" said would happen did, I didn't lose my pictures, the guide stayed active, so nothing happened. But I did get a call back and the real lady resent the signal and I did lose the picture and guide, but I think it solved the freezing issue. However, even tho she tried several things she couldn't fix the on demand issue, so the technicians are coming this Saturday, LOL.

Working on my pile of mail and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I got all my boxes open. So excited my bag came that I want to use to carry laundry, it is just the right size, zips closed so I can throw it up and down the stairs, and is a really cut canvas and teal color.

Then I got my new towels unpacked, I have been waiting for the bag, so I can get them washed (it supposedly fluffs them up) and then use them. Plus they are pink so I think it will add a nice pop of color in my bathroom. I got such a good deal and there are so many that I set aside one set for my sister.

Finally I got my new tablet ... I was so annoyed that my current tablet stopped charging, then it all of a sudden started again but I had already purchased a new one. It was a good deal, so now I need to figure out where to store it.

AND I must go on a spending moratorium as well, LOL.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks for all the good info and responses! I have been living in Senior housing for almost 20 years now and have never had a fire inspection in all that time! ze, burst, and flooo

Our problems are water related, not fires! On Christmas Eve - before I moved here - a pipe froze, burst, and flooded the kitchen. We are still waiting for the final inspection. Then a month or so ago someone flushed a Depends down a toilet which caused a blockage which flooded an apartment and the Theater! That is currently under repair as well.

Meals are served from a 40' food truck in the back parking lot and Netflix Movies are shown on a HUGE TV in the lobby. Ya do what ya can with what ya got!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 15, 2023 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand day, time to run all those errands you planned on Tuesday. Plus clean out the old cosmetics, moisturizers and facial products in the bathroom; detail vac the guest room.

I really was amazed at all the old face stuff I threw away when I moved, you forget what you have when it's stored under the bathroom sink, LOL.

Today my plan is to deal with all my "hot spots"; the empty boxes, desk piles, and other stuff.

I did load up the dishwasher and straightened up the other stuff in the kitchen, Then I grabbed some TP to restock the bathroom cabinet.

I did run a bag of old kitty letter and some other trash out to the bin.

Coffee is done, so I will grab it and my monthly calendar and finish clearing email and putting stuff on the calendar.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 15, 2023 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, TNT, I didn't realize you had lived there that long. I thought you had only recently moved there, LOL!

Sounds like they are doing the best they can and keeping everyone happy.

I just ran the newspapers out to the recycle bin, so that's done. Then I grabbed the calendar.

I needed to update it with all the traveling my one friend is doing. I swear they are going to be gone for 3 months total, all over Europe and the Mediterranean. It's amazing, but they had 3 friends die recently and she just got laid off her job so they decided to get busy.

I am just happy staying home, LOL. ok, Back to email.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
LOL, Dipo! You are rorallyly right that I have only been here a few months! Before that I lived in: first a mostly senior apartment complex. This was followed by 13-14 years in an "unsupported" senior facility. Our only benefit there - and certainly not one to be sneezed at in that neighborhood were rents WAY below comperable in the neighborhood! There were no meals, no housekeeping/laundry, no activities, and no shopping, errands, medical transport.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Declutter your purse and car plus scrub down those bathroom sinks and counters. Do a quick touch up in the guest room.

I am totally confused today! Perry Mason is in color, LOL, it's a 1966 episode. I think I read that they tested out the "new color" on an episode or two, but I am used to my morning Perry being black/white, hahahahaha.

I am going to lunch to day for Chinese and then the Moose Lodge tonight for Hawaiian dinner and Bingo. It will be a busy day.

Just plugged in my curlers, off to the bathroom to shower and get ready.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yummy Chinese, but it was not as good as our usual place. It was more chinese food for the masses and was clearly already cooked since our food came out in about 5 minutes. While our other place it's cooked to order, so a bit more "fancy". Plus Yan's has liquor, LOL, but Chef Choy was a bit cheaper. So I think it is a good dinner Chinese and Yan's is a better lunch Chinese.

Now I am working on email, twitter, breaking down boxes. Oh I opened up my new Chewy box since it had some new more "nutritious" treats.

My friend forgot about Bingo so I may be going alone tonight, no problem, I can get my margarita that I didn't get a lunch.

That's it for now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, so happy !!! My daily trivia / crossword / puzzle is BACK!!! They had a fire at their server and have been off for so long! It makes me so happy to do the crosswords and other puzzles.

It was Trivia Today Games ... https://games.triviatoday.com/games/daily-crossword-mini

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 17, 2023 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Have fun with the family.

I had a great time at the Moose Lodge and one of the gals I was with won the Blackout!! She got $50 and a good bottle of tequila.

The food was good, the cocktails were good and we had a really fun time.

Today is Ice Cream Social, so I will run down and get an ice cream sandwich at some point.

For now the Comcast man is here switching out my cable boxes, my coffee is ready so I will grab it and finish clearing my email.