TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 26, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through February 26, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dustbusted the bathroom, office and some of the living room ... I hate kitty litter, LOL.

Finally thru emial and working on twitter now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Taxes are done and filed. After all my concern about having too much income because of the sale of my home it turned out not I had no capital gains. I did end up with Capital gains though, thanks to Elon Musk, buying Twitter. I usually hang on to my stocks for a while but didn't get a choice on the sale of twitter.

Anyway, I still owed a small amount, $320, so now I need to figure out what I think my taxable income will be for next year then I can pay some taxes for 2023.

Plus, it was filed on a 1040-SR; I never heard of a special 1040 for seniors, LOL.

Guess now I can go check on twittr.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Last year, capital gains were lower across the board.

I think, as long as you pay, 100% of the prior years taxes, you’ll be fine.

I think 1040 SR came about during the Trump era.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kookliebird. I did a crazy amount of medical stuff and charitable donations just in case and I still ended up with the standard deduction.

My income will be less next year since I won't be pulling any money from my retirement account so I was thinking I should only pay half the taxes I did this year.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Guess our "cold freeze" isn't coming today, it is lovely out on the balcony.

Now that taxes are done I guess I have to do the laundry, LOL>

For now I am going to have some yogurt and read the paper while I watch Perry cream Hamilton, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Laundry has been gathered! This should be interesting, I am taking a ton of laundry up, going to walk over to the elevator, then up to the third floor, then around the building to the laundry. I plan to count the steps because I hate having to go this way, I prefer to climb the stairs, but I can only take one load that way and I want to get it all done. Then I can go back to one load every now and then.

For now I am brewing coffee and clearing email / twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy crap that was a lot of work! The laundry basket was heavy and it is 200 steps from my house to the elevator and then 200 steps from the elevator to the laundry room, then 50 or so moving the clothes around, loading up the washers.

So 3 loads are going and less than a hundred steps to come down the stairs to my house!

So now that everything is done, I can just do a load here and there. The only thing not being washed is the pet beds and blankets. And those are not critical, just want to do them at some point.

Now to rest and check on twitter. And now you can see why I don't ride the bike on laundry day, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Laundry is all done!!!! I took my laundry bag from the cleaners and stuffed it with laundry so I could throw it down the stairs. And then I could bring the rollie laundry basket down as well. So now it's all over the bed. Need to go and fold the rest of it now.

Twitter all done. So now I can rest and goof off for the rest of the day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Clothes are folded and put away, fresh towels in the bathroom.

OMG, I just realized I left some stuff up in the laundry room, the line dry. Just checked and it wasn't there and then I remembered I think I put it in the bag I use to judge one load. And there they were.

Ok, so now the line dry is out and drying. Time for some food and computer games. I have a feeling I am going to be sore tomorrow from all the running up and down today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Yep, my back is sore so I will need to do some stretching and bike riding. For now I will have some advil and yogurt while I red the paper and check the detailed weather forecast.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did a little re-org in the closet and when I pulled out the chair that I sit on saw a lot of built up kitty hair and dust, so I grabbed my duster and used it to sort of sweep the floor, grabbed the hair, then dustbusted the remaining dirt.

Also I had remembered that I had a gray litter rug on the balcony and thought I should put it down and cancel the new one I ordered. But when I brought it in I saw it is cracked, so I am tossing it and keeping the one I ordered.

I loaded up the dishwasher and realized that I didn't get the cascade I ordered. Checked my receipt and it wasn't on there, so added it to the shopping list.

I also ran the trash and used kitty litter out to the trash. I need to run recycle out but the bin is full right now.

For now I am clearing email and trying to decide if I want to go down to dinner. I still have excellent steak leftover from Sunday so I can skip if I want.

Back to working on my list of stuff and doing office work.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Today is Housekeeping Day!! This morning I got everything up off the floors and ready for cleaning. I also use this day to do a little detail dusting once Karen is finished with all the hard stuff.

It really is chilly now that the "Winter Storm" has hit. I am sitting here in my warmest shawl jacket wishing I had earmuffs, LOL. Everything is warm but my ears.

Coffee is brewing and I need to take out the box/recycling so off to do that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well crap ... Karen took the day off so will not be coming until tomorrow. "They were just going to start calling", I said I wish I had know before I moved everything, and I said she is usually here by now.

I swear they really do have an issue with some of these staff people, they spend their time chatting with the residents instead of doing their work. I know they are trying to be nice, but still, get your work done first.

Anyway, now to go and put the litter box back in the bathroom and put a few of the things back where they belong. Put I will do a quick sweep first.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, not cold anymore, LOL. Swept the office and got the stuff out of the closet and back to the office. Ran the dustbuster in the bathroom and put the litter box back down.

Silver lining .... I took out the recycle and boxes so that task is done. They did clean up the trash room so there was room in the recycle bin.

Now to enjoy my coffee and finish email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email and Twitter done, put the space heater back down and turned it on!! It is cold today.

And just had a little rain squall so I quickly ran out to grab the towels and chair cushion.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

So Housekeeping is coming today so I need to get the house ready AGAIN. Not too much to do but some.

And I guess I am going to become President of the Resident Council, for the interium. I guess they have elections in September so that is the way they are getting around letting the VP take over ... he really is nice but can't hear and hardy ever talks so apparently the rest of the board didnt want him to be President.

We have a meeting today. Should be interesting but for now, the paper, some yogurt and Perry.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cleaning went great, have most of the house put back together but I had to leave to go to the Resident Council meeting.

I am officially the new President until September, then they have elections. Apparently there are some who want to disband the council because "nothing gets done". But my question is "What do you want done?" then. Of course, I can't seem to get an answer so I am thinking maybe I should put out some sort of survey and see if I can an answer that way.

Plus I want to know more about the residents, why don't they come to the meetings, wonder if we could do zoom. It could be that everyone got used to staying in their rooms because during Covid they weren't allowed down in the dining room.

Anyway, lots of ideas but not sure if they are implemental. Need to talk to some people in charge and see what is going on. I did ask the old President (not the current one) for a copy of the minutes so I can see what they did in the past. Hopefully that will answer some questions.

Anyway, now I need to get thru email / twitter and put the house together and do all those normal things that happen in my regular routines.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
LOL, Dipo, it sure didn't take much time before they figured out you should be in charge.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 25, 2023 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL Juju, I think it is because I am so young, 68, it is hard for me to find the young ones here they are busy and don't do all the activities that the 80 and 90 year olds do.

It should be fun and I can get some of the things I want ... like electronic delivery of the schedule and more technology ... done or at least on the plan for the future.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 25, 2023 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and one thing that has moved to the top of my list is to figure out why the Electric costs are so high for the units. Makes no sense to me. Apparently these little 500, 600 and 700 square feet units are running from $150 to 200 per month. That is crazy. I am going to ask for a energy audit. And when I finally talk to management I want to know how often they replace the refrigerators (ie are these the worst energy wasters in town or is there a plan to replace them with energy efficient ones).

It may be just that the especially cold weather has caused people to run their heat more but we shall see.

That wasn't even on m initial list but came up in my talks with the current council. So today I will probably work on that and my survey, plus trying to figure out how to set up an email blast.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 25, 2023 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Cold and Gray out, so a perfect day to stay inside and watch the weather from my cozy bed.

I can make my plans to "take over the world" one step at a time, hahahahaha.

Just fed the kitties, Sylvester has decided that kitty food in the can is better than the kitty food on a plate. Can't figure that one out.

Got the dishwasher running and since I am now out of cascade off to make a Safeway order.

Off to read the paper, have some yogurt and see what is happening with the weather today.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, February 25, 2023 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
On the energy audit, it might also be inadequate sealing on windows or doors.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 25, 2023 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know, one person said that they need to replace the windows but I don't notice a change in temperature when I stand there or put my hand on the window.

I know for my home, the floors are really cold because I am over the underground garage. I wear shoes all the time but have noticed it when I change them and put my feet down on the floor. So clearly that isn't insulated that well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 25, 2023 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just got my coffee going and cleaned up some in the bathroom, I needed to do a little cleaning of the stuff I put back in place.

Plus I do need to dust/clean the shelving unit, so I did a little bit while the coffee brewed.

Oh and I put my back brace on, my lower back has been bugging me a bit, I am sure from lifting and moving things for housekeeping. Feels much better now!

Off to grab my coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... A day to rest, read and relax.

Just getting started with the paper and some yogurt. It's gray out and reminds me of a day to stay in bed and read books, LOL.