TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 23, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through March 23, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Totally messed up with the time change. Woke up at 5am and was up for awhile, then went back to sleep and just woke up, LOL. Well a half hour ago.

I went and set up the balcony because we are getting 2 sunny days! Then I loaded up and ran the dishwasher, now clearing email and doing some other chores.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dustbusted the bathroom and a little of the office. Sort of working my way around the house. So I grabbed the Pledge and did the cabinet in the bathroom, its been on my list for a while.

Then I went and polished the dining room table and put a new table runner down, moved a plant to sit decorate.

Finally I moved over to the file cabinet and used the Pledge on it. It gets dusted every other week but needed some polishing.

Taking a break and then going to clean the kitty condo, noticed it is looking pretty bad, LOL.

Everything looks pretty and shiny, oh I forgot the TV table, that will be up next too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did the TV table, it looks all shiny and new! Then I went to try to clean off the kitty condo and clearly I am going to have to pull the vac out. Oh but my sister got me some sort of pet hair cleaner tool, I need to find it and try that first.

Off to work on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So excited, I got a Facebook notification from a former Co-worker that her daughter was selling Girl Scout Cookies!!!! I have been trying to find someone to buy them from, even suggested to Management here that they should see if someone has a granddaughter selling them.

Anyway, they are in SF and I asked if they would deliver over here, so if they come I will tell everyone and maybe she can sell a bunch more, LOL.

For now, just finished off Twitter and need to go look for that tool.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Today is the pre-meeting for the Resident Council so I will need to make sure I have everything ready.

The current Veep has sent me an email saying he doesn't agree with what was done, the vote to put me in as interim Pres, so I had to reply. Funny thing is he was at the planning meeting for it and didn't say a word. I keep wondering if someone put him up to it because the email seems a bit "sophisticated" and he isn't. We so have some "mean girls" here who think they should speak for all the residents but aren't willing to be on the council.

It's fun, LOL. Off to read the paper and watch Perry.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
10 minutes on the bike, working on email, listening to a podcast and drafting my email to the Veep.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Shower down, pondering my email to the Veep, got email cleared.

Unloaded dishwasher and got everything put away, almost done refilling water bottles and now working on Twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY!!

Should be a nice quiet day. My RC meeting last night turned into a "no big deal". The man who is Veep and wants to be President had no reasons why he wants to be Pres, he just wants it because the bylaws say he should be. Even when his peers challenged him, they don't think he will be able to do it, he stood firm. So I will be Vice President and turn it over to him about half way into the meeting, next Friday, after I explain everything.

It doesn't change a thing for me, LOL, except I won't have to run the meetings. I will still be working on all the projects I have started - getting the Bylaws set up electronically, finding a place to store all the docs so someone moving to assisted care doesnt mean we lose access, survey for what should the RC do. And I thought of about 10 more last night at the meeting.

I got my pack of 150 agenda/minutes, I need to finish stapling them and make arrangements to distribute next week. Trying to decide when would be best. I am thinking Wednesday so people won't have time to lose them.

Also today I need to finish up the Executive Meeting Minutes and make a list of all the crap I thought up while we were meeting.

Lots of thing running thru my head but I need to have some yogurt and maybe a nap, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Coffee brewing / rode my bike for 10 minutes, now to get some coffee, clear my email and get on with stuff.

Have a 1pm Community Meeting, might be able to ask Peter some more questions, but I need to send him an email with more questions.

Off to grab some coffee and get busy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I feel like I got a lot done today. I did take out the recycling and a box, also finished refilling water bottles.

Sent off the Executive Committee minutes and got started on my To Do List for the RC. It finally occurred to me to set it up on an excel spreadsheet so that I can stop writing notes on every piece of paper that is around me at the time of the thought, LOL.

I also dusted the dining room table and put a spider plant on it, but Nala keeps eating it so now I have moved the spider back to the window sill she thinks she can't reach, and put the kitty grass there.

OH and my Girl Scout Cookies are coming tomorrow so I let management know to post it to the elevators. I bet my friend sells out if she brings enough.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturdays' Mission

Cookies are on their way, LOL. I hope people want them like I do. I figure I can buy whatever she has left and sell them myself, maybe charge and extra .50 and give that to the Staff Tip Fund.

Anyway, I guess I will be working on Council stuff today, I need to set up my book and finish getting the distribution ready.

I should post the minutes and the agenda on the bulletin board this morning.

First I am going to go and grab my coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Girl Scout Cookie Sale came and went, and they sold quite a few even tho we had pretty short notice. I got ten boxes of lemon ups and 5 trefoils, LOL. I love both those cookies so I am set for a long time.

Spent a good amount of time chatting with one of the other residents who thinks our food is "low class", LOL. We finally got down to it, she is snobby about food. Thinks that the only good meats are Boars Head, we chuckled about it because I think the food is great.

So now, I need to get back to my normal routine, newspaper, computer games, email, twitter.

AND my cold coffee, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2023 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... Time to relax and wait for Spring.

Cloudy, rainy today. A good day to stay in bed. I might use this time to work on my "Red Book", it is filled with stuff from San Miguel so I need to clean it out and then I can put my stuff for Carlton.

For now it's yogurt, the newspaper, some news and a little Columbo, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2023 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dustbusted the bathroom, refilled water bottles while my coffee brewed.

Working on email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2023 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email and twitter done, and then I finished stapling the Agenda/Minutes and cleared out my Red Book.

Now I can set up all the stuff I want for the Resident Council.

I did water all the indoor plants and took out the recycling.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 20, 2023 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

I cleaned up the kitchen while my coffee was brewing, got the dishwasher loaded and then I went and set up the balcony. We have sun today so I flipped over the kitty rug so it would dry now that it is clean, LOL.

I want to put it back under the office litter box. I got a new rug but it is more for under the chair, I think with the two of them and going back to the normal litter we should cut down on all the tracking.

I did dustbust the office and swept the living room (of litter). I have trash, boxes and stuff to take to the trash bins but for now I am working on email, tvch and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Pulled everything in from the balcony last night, and good thing, it has been raining since about 11 last night.

Today I am just trying to track down some people to distribute the agenda/minutes for this weeks meeting.

And apparently the Man who wanted to be President is going to call a meeting and ask us to tell him what to do. AMAZING ... since I already did that at the last meeting, and he has been at the meeting for the past 2 years, LOL. Oh well.

Not sure what I am up to this morning, but I have a list. Oh I need to go and do a Safeway order.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well crap, just lost a big post! the wind has started up and keeps somehow "blowing" the internet connection off. Also had a power flicker that killed everything else, even thought it was probably 15 seconds. I hardly had time to notice before it was back on.

So shorter posts now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What I said was that I had finished up the bylaws and sent them out, set up my Red Book - cleaned out the Condo stuff and kept a few things that I might implement later.

Made a budget, sort of, with a few line items since we don't have a lot of info.

And responded to the new president that I don't know why we are meeting before the meeting again since we already did that last week.

So now off to Staples to order some dividers for my book.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 22, 2023 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Holy crap, this guy just can't get it. This morning he asked me where in the bylaws it shows I can run the meeting on Friday, LMAO. I did finally ask him if he was paying attention at the meeting on the 16th where we discussed this. That the Resident Council believes they voted me in as President (oh and I did note that apparently he didn't vote NO - the minutes show a unanimous approval) and he can't just start running the meeting without an explanation. Amazing, we shall see what he comes up with next.

I was very surprised to see my Staples order had been delivered!! So I can finish putting my book together and get rid of all the piles on my desk.

Also, tomorrow is housekeeping day so I need to do some prep for that. My one goal is to pull the kitty condo out and clean the floor, then put it back in against the wall.

I already took out some trash and the newspapers. I was annoyed to see the recycle bin is full so I can't take the recycling out, I managed to cram the newspapers in, LOL.

Time to finish clearing email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 22, 2023 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email done. And I put some baking soda and vinegar down my disposal because it stinks after I run it.

I also noticed sometimes it seems to be coming up on the other side of the sink sometimes so I am doing baking soda and vinegar in it too, but google says to run some boiling water down it first.

So that is on the list for today as well, but first - time to clear twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 22, 2023 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Pulled out the kitty condo, found a few toys, and cleaned the floor. Then I took my hair remover thing my sister got me and used it to "rake" the levels and got a ton of cat hair, LOL.

Put the kitty condo back more against the wall, this should keep it from swinging so much (it is old and even with the screws tightened it still moves a bit).

Put the chair back and I may need to move it some more, I will look at it a while and then decide.

Back to twitter

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 23, 2023 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
9.54am Thursday's Mission

Off to my Carlton University Training ... and I have the house ready for housekeeping in case she comes while I am gone.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 23, 2023 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Back ... got the coffee started. It really does throw me off when I don't follow my normal morning routine. Having to look "cute" for a meeting, LOL. But it frees me up at 3pm, when I usually get ready to head out.

For now, coffee, morning games, clear email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 23, 2023 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, the training was on Fires and Power Outages.