TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 07, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through March 07, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally got thru email, ran the dustbuster in the bathroom earlier and took old litter to the trash.

Had a nice brunch and talked to some people about the Resident Council.

Then finally finished up the newspaper and some computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Guess today I will work more on the RC stuff. I just wish I could figure out a way to communicate with more of the residents since there is no electronic method, currently.

Maybe I should hand out a survey at dinnertime. At least that would get to the people who come out of their rooms ... it's a thought. I will ponder more.

If I do that I need to figure out questions and make it short.

For now I think I will just go read the paper, have some yogurt and play some computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 27, 2023 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Unloaded the dishwasher and opened up the Chewy box, now I can put down the new kitty litter tracking rugs. I got one for the bathroom and it is not what I wanted but it will be good so I can change out the one I like to be washed. The other one is for the office, hope it works.

Rode my bike while the coffee brewed so now I can have my coffee, finish the paper and play some games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Not sure what I am up to yet, been working on my survey, I think it's done. Need to figure out email blast and if you can text blast, and what about a website. It is just weird trying to communicate with people who don't have tecnology.

Now I know they all have phones (some are landlines) and I see a bunch using tablets so I need to get them connected up somehow. Oh and a bunch have Alexa, so I will figure it out somehow.

Any ideas, LOL? Off to read the paper and watch Perry.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
When I did my taxes and was looking for the original purchase documents I found a bunch of stuff I can recycle, but need to remove the address/account info first. Normally I just tear off that info and then recycle the rest of the paper. But last time the housekeeper mistook my "shred" bin for trash. She bundled it up and gave me a new bag and off it went.

At the time I couldn't figure out what I was hearing, I was in the other room and didn't figure it out til later. Soooo, I got one of those roller thingies to run over the important parts of the docs. That way I can just recycle, so I was working on that. I found a map I had made of all the properties I wanted to check out in Oakland and Conta Costa, LOL, I had marked them so we could do a car tour. Too funny.

So now I am working on my RC stuff but first I need to clear email and call my sister.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Funny Fitbit and Letsfit story. Last night they were bugging me so I took them off while I slept.

This morning I put them both back on while laying in bed.

The fitbit gave me 40 steps and the Letsfit gave me 24 before I even rolled over and got up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have been working on cleaning out my email, it is funny to see some of the old stuff from 2017 and 2018, LOL.

Made it up to M and now taking a break. Time to go play some games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

It's lovely out so I guess I will do a few chores today.

So far I just put the cushion back on the balcony chair, and put some towels down for laying on. Discovered it must have rained in the night because a few things still had pooled water, LOL. So I have a towel hanging up to dry because it soaked up a bunch of water.

Now to grab the paper and some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Road my bike, played some games, cleaned up the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher.

I did email my friend to see if it is a problem that we violated our bylaws by putting me in as President. There is so much to do that I wouldn't mind stepping down to Veep, continuing to do all the things I am working on (mostly getting everything in an electronic format) and then take over in September when we have elections.

Also clearly we need to amend our bylaws, with the age of people around here I can't imagine why they decided to have the offices be a 2year term, LOL.

Oh well, time to get some other chores done, off to email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 01, 2023 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got all my email cleaned out, Wow, I really found some old stuff, LOL.

Off to see what is happening in the twitterverse, I hear people are be crazy about Survivor already.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 02, 2023 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursdays Mission

Got the balcony opened up and it is lovely out.

Today will work on my list, some RC stuff and general chores.

Completed a Safeway order and off to have some yogurt and read the newspaper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 02, 2023 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cleaned up the bathroom, pulled out the kitty box and swept / mopped before I put down the new litter rug.

I needed two for the bathroom so that I can wash the them. So one on the floor and one in the laundry basket.

No to ride my bike while the coffee brews and then get on with email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 02, 2023 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bike done! off to email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Today is Bingo at the Moose Lodge !! Should be a lot of fun.

So I have been getting the house in order so I can leave (its a thing, I feel like it has to be perfect in case I get hit by a bus while I am gone, LOL). Loaded up the dishwasher, refilled 10 water bottles - I was almost out of water in the fridge, and then did a general clean up in the kitchen.

Need to run the recycle and trash out but for now working on email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email is done, and I took out the recycle and trash then hit the showers.

Hair is up in curlers so I should look very cute tonight.

So now to work on some RC stuff, I need to finish reading the old minutes. I had a really good chat with the Community Manager after dinner last night.

I decided to sit in the living room and see how the second seating of dinner was, they were noisy, LOL. But Peter came over to talk to me and we chatted for quite a while.

Now I just need to prepare an email to him with all my questions and determine the things I want to discuss in person and not put in writing, LOL.

Off to twitter and the minutes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Cold!! And supposed to rain so I just want to go back to bed, play games and read books, LOL.

Had a blast at Moose Lodge Bingo last night, and several people from here joined us. Unfortunately once again, I didn't win anything, LOL. Came close on a couple of games but no cigar.

Weather changed dramatically so I woke up totally congested, could also have been from the running around after bingo, the wind had really picked up so there was probably pollen blowing around.

Off to clear the balcony, grab some coffee and clear some email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ended up taking a nap and I defintely felt back to normal when I woke up. It has rained so maybe the pollen got damped down.

Email and twitter done. Time to play some more computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 05, 2023 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday -- A beautiful day for reflection --

Got the balcony open, for a while, loaded up the dishwasher and it's running.

Now for some yogurt and the Sunday Paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 05, 2023 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Had a nice brunch so now it's time to finish the paper and maybe do a few chores, but I might just read a book.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Time to get back to work on the RC stuff. I need to send out a couple of emails, then I need to do some chores around the house.

It is housekeeping week and I need to think about how I am going to manage all the stuff I usually stick on the balcony since it may be rainy.

Anyway for now, yogurt/newspaper and Perry Mason.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 06, 2023 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Took the newspapers out to the bin and unloaded the dishwasher, the glasses are drying. They have a dip in the bottom so are always filled with some water even tho they are dry.

Working on email and twitter, then my list

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 07, 2023 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Getting started, opened up the balcony, still a few drips but mostly nice out there.

Today I will be working on a couple of desk piles to clear them up so I can start moving things around for housekeeping tomorrow.

Time for yogurt and the newspaper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 07, 2023 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dustbusted the bathroom and some of the living room, then cleaned it out for more duty, LOL.

Got the coffee brewing so off to ride my bike.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 07, 2023 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, finished my bike ride, upped my time to 8 minutes. It really is helping, I have noticed that I don't have a problem lifting my leg up to get it over the base to the pedal. That used to be an issue.

Then I wiped off the dining room table and put the chair cushion and remaining towels in their places on the balcony. Nala followed me and immediately jumped onto the chair to lay in the sun (which was coming out a bit).

I see that I need to polish the table I have a bunch of paw prints from when they have gone out on the wet balcony.

Now to grab my coffee and neaten up the kitchen as needed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 07, 2023 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kitchen done, kitty food is restocked, got thru the pile of papers that needed to be inked and then recycled, plus copied all the things for the Resident Council. Now I can return the book that I borrowed from the former President. It was very helpful.

Also my new Spring Garlands came, that was an ordeal, to the level I wasn't sure what I was getting. When I ordered them somehow 2 items got set up for pickup, so I had to cancel those and it seemed like the ones I got today were the ones that were cancelled but I was wrong.

Now trying to decide if I need 2 more garlands, I really like the ones I got, they are lavender /greenery garlands and hang on the wall at my door. Now I need to put out the spring wreath, LOL.

Guess I should check on twitter, haven't done that today.