TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 11, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through June 11, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Juju, the carwash was really good, and they had about a zillion different things you could select from just wash the outside up to some pretty intense detailing.

And the people who built it took an eyesore small lot next to the freeway and put a nice facility in, so that was good.

My friend got the outside only, $20, and they did a really good job even armour all'd the tires.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I got my cats some new grass from Petsmart and they don't like it, LOL, it is wheatgrass. Apparently the grass from Pet Express is oat and wheat, and they seem to prefer that.

So funny.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
How can you have two housekeeping days on the same day? Two housekeepers at a time?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
No, LOL, they are two weeks apart. I used to have the first one on Wednesday, then 2 weeks later on Thursday. Now they are both on Wednesday

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Ack! Our basic car wash here at our Costco, outside only, I presume, is $8, which is low enough everybody can afford it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 03, 2023 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

DIdn't realize I forgot to come in here today. It is fun day so I that's what I have been doing.

Enjoyed my coffee, the paper, playing games and my Safeway order came early so I got to have DONUTS!!!

I never know if I will get donuts since they sell out quickly, so that was nice.

And I finally finished my 400 piece online puzzle, it was a challenging one!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 04, 2023 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... a Beautiful day for relaxation

Going to a play and lunch today, but for now I grabbed the paper and yogurt and started the dishwasher.

Off to read the paper and get the day started.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 04, 2023 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got email cleared and about ready to go. Off to check twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 05, 2023 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Today is Home Blessing Day, and the kitchen is the zone, with a specific mission of scrubbing the stove top!

I don't have to do that because I have these lovely burner covers so I can stack stuff there since I don't cook anymore.

So far I have cleaned up the bathroom, I had stuff left out from getting ready to go yesterday. Then I started the coffee and unloaded the dishwasher. Gathered up some trash and put away some liter soda bottles.

Ordered a cute summer cardigan from QVC, good price and I need summer jackets because they do keep the AC at a nice level here but sometimes I get in a draft. Not complaining, I like it cold in the summer.

Now I am working on email and twitter, then I have a Culinary Meeting at 1pm and I want to water plants and change out my dining room decor. I still have the winter table runner out, LOL.

Off to email

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 05, 2023 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got email cleared and then I "pledged" my dining room table and but out the spring/summer butterfly table runner. It looks so pretty and summery.

Then I watered the outdoor plants and opened up my Walgreens box.

Dinner was sort of a mess, there were only 2 servers for 40 people so it was slow, but the food was good.

Time to finish up twitter and relax.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 05, 2023 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think my dinner partner, Slav, might have an interested girlfriend, so I am going to start going to second seating dinner to allow my spot at the table to be available to her, LOL. I am so glad, I just want to sit at a table and read my book.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Today is Plan and Play day, plus clean out your silverware drawer.

I am just working on my list, time to do a couple of RC things, have a 1pm Acivities meeting and I want to start getting ready for Housekeeping tomorrow which means get the extra trash and recycling out.

Off to the mail.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Coffee is brewing so I went and did a dustbust on the bathroom kitty litter mat.

Got thru the paper and most of email, now to grab my coffee and refill some water bottles, then finish off email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Took out some trash on the way to my meeting. It was fun.

When I got home I refilled all the water bottles, and put away the rest of the dishes. I also watered the outside plants so I need to finish watering the indoor plants.

Now time for computer games and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Today is clean out the refrigerator day! And I have Housekeeping coming at some point. I wish I could get a handle on what time they will be here, I knew when Stephanie was here but since she retired and Carolina replaced her I don't know when she will arrive.

So, I have all the boxes out on the balcony, got all the stuff put away under the sink -- coffee / sugar bowl, hand sanitizer, dawn, etc; and tracked down any stray dishes for the dishwasher.

I did dust the file cabinet and I have a list of dusting and things going for when she leaves. I watered the indoor plants, brewed some coffee and cleaned the office kitty box. The scratchers are up on the chairs so the floor are ready for sweeping/mopping an vacuuming.

Oh I forgot, I want to move the kitty tree and chair so she can vacuum the corner.

Oh, she is here!!! I quickly ran an moved the bedroom stuff and got the bathroom kitty litter box onto the bed, so we are all ready!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, she's done. She does things a little differently which I think is more efficient. She cleans the kitchen, sweeps and mops; then cleans the bathroom, sweeps and mops; finally dusts and then vac's the bedroom and living room, then mops the floors as she works her way out the door, LOL.

I got the chair and kitty condo back into place, and cleaned the blanket that covers the "secret" sleeping spot behind the chair. Then I put all the stuff back up on the bathroom counter and the kitty box back into place.

It was funny today, the kitties kept coming out to me and roaming around a bit while she was here. Glad we are done so I can have the house back in order and relax for the rest of the day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did a little Bona/Mop under my sofa, I didn't notice whether Carolina got under there, then realized I should go under the hutch!

I found a really good cat toy under there, LOL. So I did a little more cleaning than I normally do just because I got caught up in under furniture stuff.

Pooped out, but I did order dinner delivered and I got thru email, working on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I was bringing the final stuff in from the balcony and I kept hearing these weird noises so I sat down at my dining room table to see what was going on and I see these men taking stuff off the landscaping and putting it in a truck.

Someone must've died because they were throwing the furniture off the balcony onto the landscaping and then taking it to the truck. There was a day bed w/mattress, sofa and some miscellaneous stuff. Amazing!!

But I guess it would be easier than trying to haul it all the way down the hallway to the elevators. I wonder if I might have been too big to fit the elevators.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 07, 2023 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and I got the nail up in the storage room to hold the bunny decoration that I use in the hallway. I put the summer banner out earlier this month but hadn't made it out to the storage room with the bunny.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 08, 2023 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's errand day and de-clutter your plastic and foil wrap drawer. Since I never cook I don't really use my foil/glad wrap much and it is now stored under the sink.

I put the coffee onto brew, got all the counter stuff back out and put in place and moved some things around in the kitty cabinet so I could put some of the new food in.

Then I rode my bike and now I going to grab my coffee and work no email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 09, 2023 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Today is declutter purse and car plus clean out the under the sink area.

Yesterday was very busy, we had the President of Carlton come in and give a presentation on the history of the company. I think he was surprised at all the questions. We are the only Independent Living group so he may not have had such and active group before.

Then they had Happy Hour and then Butterfly Origami! And then I went to late dinner and found a table in the corner and read my book.

Time for yogurt and the newspaper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 09, 2023 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I passed the Pre-Fire Inspection Inspection, LOL, and now I have a carbon monoxide detector. I had reported a couple of times that mine was missing when I first moved in, but I guess I didn't tell the correct people and then I forgot about it.

Then, of course, someone set off the fire alarms, I wonder if it was the inspection team. Apparently the Fire Chief sent them a letter with a list of apartments that will be inspected. They checked to make sure my smoke detectors went off and looked in the oven to make sure it was full of stuff (I moved everything out yesterday - it was only cookie sheets) and checked a couple of other things.

Next week the Fire Chief, or his minions, will come and inspect.

Then I got a Door Dash of my favorite Japanese food, tempura, california roll, chicken teriyaki w/rice, salad and miso soup!! I am set for days, so yummy!!

Cleared email and now working on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 10, 2023 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Today is funday .. then next week we move to the bathrooms.

Not sure what I will do today, it's another "wintery" day that makes me want to stay in bed and read a book.

But for now I will go read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 10, 2023 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got email and twitter cleared. Most tweets deal with The Trump Stupidity so there isn't much more to post, LOL.

Placed my Safeway order for tomorrow morning and planed a Chinese dinner for tomorrow night.

So all my chores are done.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 11, 2023 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... Thankfulness ...

It's been an odd morning. I woke up and hurried to check my Safeway order and the delivery time, I got most everything, and it was coming around. 8:15. took my pills and realized my stomach was sort of achy.

Got my delivery and threw the fridge stuff in because I had a sudden wave of cold clammyness and a little lite headed. Went and laid down, about 2o minutes went by and I had a tiny throwup so I thought... all is well. Went and laid back down because the stomach ache got worse.

Naturally about half an hour later I had a real version of throwing up, LOL! OMG, that hasn't happened to me in years, probably at least 10!

And to make matters worse I didn't get a Sunday paper!!!

So now I am feeling a better, and I am having chicken noodle soup and crackers. It was so weird because this morning I hadn't even had any food before I started feeling bad.

So I cancelled my Chinese dinner, skipped brunch and wish I had a paper to read, LOL. But I will just have my soup and crackers and go back to bed and play computer games.