TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 11, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through February 11, 2024 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 04, 2024 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tried to fix the screen because it the wind was bagging it against the window, that didn't work and then I noticed it was all bent crazy. Apparently loose screens are no match for the gusty winds we are having.

So I brought it inside. It is all cattywampus looking, LOL.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, February 04, 2024 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Never heard anyone outside of my family use that word!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 04, 2024 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, TNT, it describes it the best.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, February 04, 2024 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I grew up knowing that word, but probably have not used it in about 50 years.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 05, 2024 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Home blessing day and we are back in the kitchen. Time to scrub the stove, don't forget the knobs, LOL.

I got the dishwasher unloaded and now I am going back to bed with the paper and some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 05, 2024 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Culinary Forum was today and the meeting went well but I see that I need to let the "Culinary Committee" know exactly what their role is supposed to be. Plus they need to stop representing their personal preferences as the entire communities. So now I am working on a list of their duties. Any suggestions??

Been working on the newsletter and I found a "POP up Prom store", the local library is gathering gowns / suits / jewelry , etc for underserved kids. So excited I have some stuff to give them.

Now I am working on Twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Its planning day, plan the errands for Thursday and time to clean out the silverware drawer.

I opened up the balcony and was trying to put a few things back where they belong and saw this dark blob in the corner. It was a sopping wet towel! that had been on top of a box that I have missed for several rains.

Pulled it out of the corner and spread it to dry. One of the boxes is still damp so I rearranged everything to try and get things dry. Put out the chair cushion and dry towels for the kitties to use until the next rain storm, which I think is tomorrow.

Nothing is on the calendar today so I can just deal with my chore list and not deal with any meetings.

Doing a little work on email and then going to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, email done, working on twitter. Manager stopped by with some changes to my Maintenance Process article for the newsletter. Found a spot to hang the really gross towel I found so it can dry, then hopefully I can wash it. I am sure it is moldy but at least the sun is out so maybe it will dry.

Then I cleaned the litter boxes and dustbusted the office litter area, I have been thinking of changing the litter in the office since this one seems to "fly" everywhere and the dust covers my file cabinet. Which I dusted again yesterday.

I wanted to change the bed today but the kitties are asleep on it so I will try later, working on my list of stuff.

Perhaps I will do the budget stuff next, then shower, then do the bed, then deal with the mail pile.

Off to get busy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the mattress striped and, of course, now the cats feel they must lay all over the mattress pad, LOL. And the Sun has come out and is shining on the bed very enticingly.

So now I am back to working on the office pile and and budget stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mattress is rotated, bottom sheet has been put on, now both kitties are helping, LOL. Time to try for the top sheet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Flat sheet and comforter on, time now for the pillows and accoutrements, then I can relax.

I think I will take a little break and play some computer games, then go do the rest of the bed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 07, 2024 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

It's Anti-procrastination day .. I don't think I have any of these chores left, LOL. AND time to clean out the kitchen!

Thanks for that reminder, I have housekeeping today so I can put all the old food into the trash!

So far I have taken out my boxes / trash and put most of the living room stuff up on the furniture. It is a bit of a challenge today since it is raining and I can usually just all the stuff out onto the balcony! Today I just put the rollie out there since the rain won't hurt it and the rest has to go in the closet on onto the furniture.

Plus it is alittle cold today so I had to put the space heaters back down, they are easy to pick up but wanted to stay warm.

Got my coffee brewed so now it is time for coffee and email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 07, 2024 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting meeting ... some people are still hanging onto things they were promised in the past with the old manager. This will be the third time some things have been explained so maybe it will finally take!

Housekeeping didn't come while I was gone so now I am waiting for that to happen.

The rain has stopped, I am hoping it is for the rest of the day. Looks like we don't have another storm until next week!! Yeah, I need some stuff to dry out, LOL.

So working on email and twitter, and computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 08, 2024 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand Day and time to clean out the plastic / foil drawer.

I have a dental cleaning and then lab work. I opened up the balcony and hung up all the "wet" towels to dry.

Off to have some yogurt, the newspaper and get ready to go.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 08, 2024 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Back ... left at 11:15! Got a dental cleaning and then grabbed a lyft over to Kaiser and had my labs done. I was shocked when I walked in, apparently there was an hour wait unless you had an appointment! I had an appointment and only had to wait a little bit. Now back home.

Ready to just relax and do my crosswords and other stuff.

Love that it has been pretty and sunny out for most of the day.

Off to clear email and twitter, pay a couple of bills.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 09, 2024 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Clean out the purse and car day! Spend 5 minutes checking your supplies and straightening up under the kitchen sink.

I have so much to do today, I got virtually nothing done yesterday, LOL. I got the dishwasher going, grabbed the second Chewy box off the "porch", and have started on email.

Also got my watch charging and worked on the balcony. The towels aren't dry so I brought one into the house and hung it over the bike, then I moved a plant, and swept up all the debris from that.

I am thinking about using the two chewy boxes to told the trash bucket full of potting soil and getting rid of the box that got wet. We shall see.

Off to work on my list and email while I have some coffee. I need to figure out my cash .... It's BINGO at the Moose Lodge tonight!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 09, 2024 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy Cow!!! Finally got thru all my email, I had a ton leftover from yesterday, didn't realize that.

Got the chewy boxes opened and put away and I think they will work on the balcony, but I have so many things on my list I am delaying balcony stuff till tomorrow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 10, 2024 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday .... A fun day with abundant Sunshine!!!

Got the balcony opened up and the dry towels laid out for the kitty viewing and sleeping stations.

It's haircut day! Had a fun time at Bingo, didn't win, but I usually don't, just had great cocktails!

Looking forward to a lovely day!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 10, 2024 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The chewy boxes worked perfect on the balcony so now I just need a towel to put across the top for sleeping purposes, LOL.

The boxes hide the yellow potting soil trash can nicely and they are high enough for kitty lounging to watch the birds.

Now clearing email and playing some computer games til it is time for my Lyft.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 10, 2024 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My hair looks great, she just shaped it up and bit and said that she was going to cut so little off it would be no charge, but I have to come back in 8 weeks for the next "shaping". I have it on my calendar!

And hopefully this will hold a better shape, we shall see.

So glad to be home and able to just relax and catch up on stuff. I am very behind on my computer games, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 11, 2024 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... A great day for the Super Bowl ...

AND the Girl Scouts are coming to sell us cookies today! YEAH.

Once that is done I am free for the day and can just relax .

A few things on my list I could work on but first i will just clear email and twitter.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, February 11, 2024 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Hope you bought some thin mints! I was in scouting when the cookie sales bagan! For the first year at least e had to take orders! Momma took me to Vanderbilt Fraternity and sorority rows and I had a gazillion orders! Boxes were 50 cents then and we only had the sandwich cookies!

I have always bought several boxes! I have wonderful memories of my scouting days! Went to GS camp every summer until I started high school!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 11, 2024 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Thin mints freeze really well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 11, 2024 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I got lemonups and shortbread. I love the lemonups, they are so fresh and light, you don't feel guilty eating them, as long as you limit yourself, hahahaha. They are $6 per box here and this troop makes a donation to Charity.. last year it was to the Marine Mammals Sanctuary, they haven't picked their charity yet for this year. They have to vote on it!

My Safeway deliver came and I got it put away. I haven't received any notification about it, even the website doesn't show it as delivered. I ask for it to be put in my kitchen ... no knock on the door, nothing.

My cats acted wierd, Nala came running down from "her spot" and stared at the door, then went about her business. It made me think I should check and see if something was out there and there was my delivery! All the cold stuff was still cold but I am annoyed by the improper delivery.

Anyway, had a fabulous Chinese lunch, then we went to Starbucks and then to Costco for gas and then to the bank (for my friend). It was such a nice day we were enjoying going around doing stuff but ran out of things to do, LOL. So it was a wonderful day!

Now I am finally getting thru the paper and playing some computer games while checking twitter.

It is challenging to find anything in twitter that isn't DoorDash or Superbowl related! Too funny.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 11, 2024 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, just got an email from Safeway saying my order is ready and will be delivered today! No time mentioned yet and I do already have it.

I wonder if their website has a problem, or if is a staffing issue - like someone who doesn't know when/how to post things that will automatically go out to the email address.

And now my toilet is being weird, it sounds like the water to fill the tank has a crimped hose or something, it just trickles in. Not really causing a problem yet, I did take the lid off the tank to look in and they have some weird stuff in there. I suspect to cut down on how much water is used for the flushing and filling. So I will watch it and then report the problem in the morning since maintenance and "left the building", LOL and I can still use it.