TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 24, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through May 24, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 16, 2023 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

We have moved to the Bathroom and One other room. Today we are cleaning the tub (I don't have to do this because housekeeping does it, LOL) and pick up one other room for 15 minutes.

I have made a Safeway order, they are coming tonight between 5and9. Opened and put away my Walgreens order, I seriously needed some hair spray, LOL.

And now I am enjoying a muffin and coffee while I clear email and do other computer stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 16, 2023 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bummed, I didn't get any of my donut requests in my Safeway order. Course I am sure I don't really need them.

Cleaned up the kitchen, loaded the dishwasher and made some lunch from my to-go dinner from last night. Somehow I have managed to have too much food, LOL.

I did order a pickup for tonight's dinner, perhaps that will be lunch tomorrow.

Back to clearing twitter

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 17, 2023 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Time to check supplies in the bathroom and add them to the shopping list for tomorrow!

Getting started, I need to track down some batteries for my remote for the bedroom fan, I miss having a ceiling fan in there.

I finally got around to analysing my PG&E bills, or I should say putting them on the spreadsheet. Now I just need to see if I can figure out why the usage is so high during peak hours, I try really hard to not use much then. I think it is time to request an energy audit.

For now off to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 17, 2023 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally got thru email, sent off the nimutes/adgenda to my friend who said she would copy them for me.

Then I set up a Lyft for my noon dental appointment. Carlton wanted me to leave at 11 for it, they had too many people going I guess. But I did request a pickup at 1:15, so we shall see how that goes.

Just let them know I am skipping dinner, nothing that intrigues me and I just finished up 2 leftover meals so I am not even hungry, LOL.

Time to check out twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 18, 2023 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Getting ready for my appointment. Then I will clear email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 18, 2023 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Back ... and email is cleared. I did load up the dishwasher and refill a few water bottles before I left.

Everything was fine at the dentist but we had to do xrays, my old dentist just couldn't manage to share the 35 xrays they took in a readable format. So annoying.

Now I am behind on games and newspaper. Was hungry so I ordered a dinner pickup since I won't be ready for dinner when they are.

Also got a Pet Express order for kitty grass and some different foods for Sylvester. That should be interesting since they are a bit more expensive than friskies, LOL.

Off to check twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 19, 2023 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

LOL, today is grab the old toothbrushes and scrub around your facets and handles.

Not sure how much I will post today. The certificate expired so it takes me 3 tries to get anything to post.

I found out my dental hygienist is a bit nuts and seems to be getting her news from facebook and her MOM (who I am afraid is watching fox news). She told me some crazy things that I have since researched and they aren't true, LOL. I am going to have to keep going to her just to "school" her. I was able to help her with Mortgage info, and I did tell her to not panic about things she hears. I used the example that everyone was afraid of an immigrant rush at the border and that hasn't occurred. Let her know that the "news" programs like to scare you because they need ratings now that they have to support themselves, instead of being a news organization. Anyway it was entertaining, I was unaware that we were being inundated with Chinese immigrants, still have to look into that one.

Today I went and had lunch at Yans and caught up with my friend then had her drop me at Safeway where I got some donuts, they were almost out!!!, and some meaty cat food for Sylvester, they didn't have much of a selection there either.

But the bad part was they are remodeling the store, the parts that are done look great but the Starbucks was closed!! I was looking forward to having a Latte.

So now I am home with donuts, leftover chinese food. Time to clear my email, twitter and finish reading my newspaper.

Hopefully the certificate will be fixed later and I can post more easily.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 20, 2023 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission
Today is Fun time with the family, or just yourself.

So glad we got the new certificate!!! Now I can post all my thought again, LOL.

For now I just grabbed some yogurt and the newspaper, so that's it for now.

Have many chores today, but I don't have to go anywhere!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 20, 2023 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I woke up in the night remembering that my friend didn't bring me the copies of the minutes and agenda at lunch, LOL. Funny how the brain works.

So I waited til 11ish to call and see what the deal was, she thought I hadn't sent it but did find it when I told her I sent it on Wednesday at 8am, LOL. So she will deal with that on Monday and then we have to figure out how to get them to me.

I unloaded the dishwasher so the bottom of the cups can dry, and then I refilled a couple of water bottles, realized I need to change the brita filter so I pulled a new one out.

Then I played all my tablet games, so now working on laptop games, email and twitter.

HOpefully moving around will warm me up since I have been cold all morning, and it really isn't that cold out. The clouds have finally gone away and we have full sun.

off to do some more chores.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 20, 2023 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dishes are all put away and I watered half the plants on the balcony. It was so nice I just sat out there watching the goings on in the street and parking lot. It was fun, my geraniums have gone insane and are trying to take over the balcony, LOL.

Got thru email and twitter so I guess it is time to go play some more computer games.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, May 20, 2023 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am puzzles why you have utility bills. Here that is included as well as garbage pickup, cable TV, ad internet. We receive three meals a day, served restaurant style, with an a la carte menu available 7AM to 6PM. Housekeeping and flat (sheets and towels) laundry service is weekly. There is bus service to Walmart, Whole Foods, Krogers, Sprouts, and Publix weekly. Theere is limo transportation to medical appointments, and local errands like banks, Post Office, library, liquor stores etc.

I still have my car, but think I will be ready to give it up in the coming yer or so.

We have actit fit vities at least once every morning and afternoon as well as a movie every evening. I shopped around the area for nearly three years and truly and truly feel that I chose the best fit for me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 20, 2023 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, PG&E isn't included here (I didn't find any places that included that when I was lookin) but everything else is, cable, internet, garbage, sewer, water. All the places I looked at were 2 meals a day (except for assisted living / memory care and they have 3).

Yep, they have the shuttle service set for Tues/Thurs are doctor visit and Monday is the bank/other places and Wednesday is Safeway, Trader Joes, Ranch 99, TJMax - places like that that they kind of rotate on Wednesdays. Friday is concierge transportation to wherever you want to go.

And they do have fitness things everyday except Sunday, then it is Bible Study and Transport to church.

Sounds like you found one perfect for you Tntitanfan!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, May 21, 2023 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Not sure how much I will post today. The certificate expired so it takes me 3 tries to get anything to post.

I found out my dental hygienist is a bit nuts and seems to be getting her news from facebook and her MOM (who I am afraid is watching fox news). She told me some crazy things that I have since researched and they aren't true, LOL. I am going to have to keep going to her just to "school" her. I was able to help her with Mortgage info, and I did tell her to not panic about things she hears. I used the example that everyone was afraid of an immigrant rush at the border and that hasn't occurred. Let her know that the "news" programs like to scare you because they need ratings now that they have to support themselves, instead of being a news organization. Anyway it was entertaining, I was unaware that we were being inundated with Chinese immigrants, still have to look into that one.

God BLESS you, Dearheart, for posting all that you did with the certificate thingie on Friday and for educating the dental hygienist on what's real or not.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 21, 2023 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... A day of reflection and relaxation.

It's lovely out so it will be a great day. I think I will do some chores around the house to get ready for the week.

For now, email, yogurt and the newspaper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 21, 2023 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL Juju, I just figured I would do one long post and then I could wait. I really like my hygienist but I must save her from the craziness. I will be better prepared when I go back.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 21, 2023 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Lovely brunch, yummy lemon bars for dessert. The head of the Welcoming Committee came to me and resigned (this is a good thing) because he doesn't think the staff do there job because a new neighbor asked him where the trash chutes were, he had only lived here for 4 days. Anyway this indicates to Gene that the staff isn't doing what they say they will. I figure that the guy was probably told when he moved in, and just forgot, since you have so many things on your mind when you first get here, and saw Gene in the hallway so just asked.

I would have called the front desk to ask, if it was me, since I wouldn't have been in the hall. Anyway it is for the best because he can't let go of anything that was done incorrectly in the past.

So then I was finally able to enjoy my breakfast with my Sunday dining partner who said she might be moving at the end of the year, her son worked for Silicon Valley Bank and is wrapping up his work for the FDIC so will probably be moving back to Virginia to be closer to his wife's family, so she will relocate as well.

Things are always changing around here, which is normal, only I wish the mean girls and very negative people would be the ones who left, LOL.

Time to finish the paper.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, May 22, 2023 - 3:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
The nice people - both staff and residents - are the reason I moved here. I shopped extensively - off and on for a couple of years and did "day camp" at the ones I liked, coming after breakfast and leaving before dinner. That was I got to do all the activities and really spend time with the residents.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 22, 2023 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

It's Home Blessing day -- a general clean-up of all areas of the house. So far I have taken out a bag and box of trash along with some miscellaneous boxes. I also remade the bed a bit, for some reason my fitted sheet slides off at the top and I noticed the mattress had somehow shifted over. I must hit it hard when I first sit on it to get in, LOL. So I pulled the sheet back into place and pulled the mattress back over.

Then I started the coffee brewing and am working on email. I have a whole list of things I put together while I was reading the paper.

Off to grab my coffee and finish working on email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 22, 2023 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kitchen cleaned up, dishwasher loaded up, trash gathered and sorted to the proper bags. Still need to refill some water bottles then change the brita filter. Oh, I forgot, I need to do a Safeway order!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 22, 2023 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Safeway order done. I got a lot of different cat foods to try for Sylvester. He has decided he doesn't like some of the ones he has been eating since I got him, LOL. They are coming between 5 and 9.

Next up is to run some recycling out to the bins, finish watering the outside plants and move my chewy box out there to make another perching spot for the kitties.

ETA: Newspapers and recycling done.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 22, 2023 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good Grief .... I don't think I mentioned that Sylvester broke my favorite dust buster, LOL. The basket won't stay on, the plastic part broke off. It is partially my fault because I was lazy and didn't put it back on the charger, just set it on a table. A table that Sylvester uses to jump on top of the armoire, so he knocked it off.

I had used a couple of pieces of tape to hold it on but I just just cleaned up the bathroom, dustbusted and spot mopped a bit, then put it back on the charger. Went to grab something and heard it fall!!

So now I have gorilla tape holding it on and I had to dustbust the living room and area where the charger lives. So that is cleaned up.

I don't know if you can just replace the bottom plastic part or not, need to go and look.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 22, 2023 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My friend dropped off the minutes and I just finished getting them collated, so now I need to staple them.

Sent off the email to find out which units are vacant.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 23, 2023 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

this week is the Master bedroom and todays task is to clean off the pile of clothes on the chair / exercycle / where ever you have it, LOL.

Yesterday I changed out my toothbrush head, I try to remember to do that when I get my teeth cleaned. And my Safeway delivery finally came, it a bit late, but it got here.

I collated and stapled the agenda/minutes while I waited. So now I need to email for distribution.

Time to go read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 23, 2023 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sorted out my laundry, was surprised to find that a bunch of stuff I have been washing in warm say they should be washed in cold. Oh well. So I have two loads to do, now if I could just find a small container to hold the laundry soap, the bottle is so heavy.

This lead to re-org of the closet, I moved the coats to the back end - the kitties should like that since it gives more protection to their hidey hole, LOL. And the short sleeved tops and capris are now towards the front. I may leave it this way, clothing wise and just move the coats back and forth.

Then I noticed I should probably sweep the floor and found a bunch of Hair Dust bunnies, LOL. So that is done now as well.

Re-did my list, sent a few emails and now I am checking out twitter. Oh and I need to change the table runner from winter to spring and take down the bunny and put up the summer banner.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

It's Anti-Procrastination Day and in the bedroom it's clean off the nightstands!

I haven't done much but read the paper and play games this morning. But I am headed up to do a load of laundry. I have to use my laundry app, lets hope I remember how to do it, LOL.

Also working on clearing email and twitter.