TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 20, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through November 20, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 09, 2023 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jeez, finally got thru twitter and had 270 more tweets!! Now I am done, back to check email.

And get up and move a bit, LOL>

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 10, 2023 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/sp.php#missions

Holiday Mission -- Desk day, check your gift list, see if you have everything ordered or in hand.

Today -- declutter your purse and car plus finish up in the kitchen with a sweep and mop.

I got the dishwasher loaded and ready to run just waiting for the coffee to brew so then I can put the coffee pot and filter in.

Working on email / twitter. Thank goodness Big Brother has ended!!!

Off to the showers.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 10, 2023 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW !! My new shower head is fabulous! It could be that there is no calcium buildup in the head, I had just thought I should soak the old one in vinegar when it came crashing off.

Or it could be that the newer ones have more options, I normally am in and out but I sat on my bench and tried out all the different options and just luxuriated in the spray.

Now to get my hair up in curlers and get on with the day. But first I need to give Sylvester his pill and grab my coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 11, 2023 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... It's Goof Off Day ...

LOL, I don't think I have anything pressing today, thank goodness.

Had a great Chinese dinner last night and I think I am still full, LOL.

So I have cleaned the kitty boxes, unloaded the dishwasher and got my coffee.

Back to playing games, watching some inane TV and we shall see where the day goes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 12, 2023 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday .. Peaceful Relaxation

Not sure what I am up to today. We are having a mimosa brunch so that should be fun.

The kitties are laying in the sun and I am going to read the Sunday paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 13, 2023 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

It's Home Blessing Day and Bathrooms ... check all your supplies, toliet paper, etc. to be ready for the coming holiday.

I am spending time on the balcony bringing in things so that I am prepared for the rain tomorrow. We may not get much but I don't want to have to think about it, LOL. And I can put the things in living room in a way it won't look bad and the kitties will enjoy it.

Also have other stuff on my list but for now I am doing 15 minute spurts of office stuff and then cleaning stuff.

Currently working on email while I enjoy my coffee. Had to sign up for flyday again, didn't get any emails. For some reason their website drops me every now and again.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 13, 2023 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the comforter box and a couple of towels in from the balcony, and got the cans bag tied up so rain won't be a problem but I can't finish because Nala has decided the balcony is where her nap will be taken, LOL.

So I moved to the boxes and got them de-addressed and ready to go out to recycling. I have one really giant box an a bunch of little ones.

Did my Safeway order and I didn't get it finished in time for a delivery tonight but tomorrow morning works too.

Wrapped my birthday gift for a friend and now I need to grab some ribbon and cards for both gifts.

Still trying to work thru email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 13, 2023 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally ... email and twitter cleared!!!

Restocked the cat food cabinet and sorted out the food my sister gets to take for her cat.

And I signed up to go and get my covid shot on thursday so now I can just goof off for the rest of the day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 13, 2023 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just got the cushion and towels into the house and closed down the balcony door to a level that will work if it rains.

We probably won't get enough rain here to be problematic but I hope we get a bunch! The only thing I haven't figured out is how to shelter the top of the balcony door from the drips down from the upper balcony. I meant to see if there is some sort of flashing that I can add to the one already there to make the protection wider so it doesn't drip onto the door.

Anyway, can't wait for the rain!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 14, 2023 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Holiday Mission -- review your gift list to confirm you have all the stuff you need to mail.

Today is plan and play ... figure out where and what you need for Thursdays Errand day AND clean up the bathroom ... wiped down the counters and sink.

We got NO RAIN!! now they are saying Maybe Friday .... so I put the cushions and towels back on the balcony so the kitties have their spots to nap.

Safeway just came and I got my groceries put away, now I need to decide what I am doing for dinner, I have some fun frozen stuff. For some reason I have been craving scrambled eggs, LOL, so I got a couple of frozen things with the eggs.

Mostly my list today is just finishing up stuff, taking out the unbelievable amount of boxes I have in the hallway and figuring out articles for the next newsletter.

I find it funny I got a little flyer in my mailbox for a Dec 6 Holiday Boutique; I just put in the November newsletter to bring any free stuff you have to the meeting. I will figure out a way to get a free table someway, LOL.

Off to work on email and breakdown my Safeway bags.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 14, 2023 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The presentation today was from PACE which was very interesting and would work great for some seniors. But I love my Kaiser so won't be making a change.

Got the email done and I am working on my second run thru twitter, some crazy stuff on twitter today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2023 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Holiday -- break out the Christmas cards and make sure you have enough and want to use the leftovers this year. Go buy some new one if needed. Then address 5 envelopes. Good time to see if you need more holiday stamps and order from the post office.

Today is Anti-procrastination day ... I think I will take out the "BOX PILE" that I have been avoiding all week, LOL. AND time to scrub the shower/tub -- mine is already done!

I did get a haircutt this morning, I had in mind a short layered bob, but I didn't explain it that well and now have a short haircut that has layers and looks great but wasn't what I was thinking, LOL. Doesn't matter because it will grow out but there is NO way I will be wearing a ponytail for a while.

I also got the kitchen cleaned up, loaded and ran the dishwasher. I had cleaned out the old food from the fridge so had a pile of stuff in the sink to be dealt with. So that's done.

Off to deal with email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 15, 2023 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I did try to curl my hair, but it is a bit too short, so I dug my curling iron out so I can try that next time I do my hair. I managed to get a few curls in with the hot rollers but it is going to have to grow out a bit.

And I haven't gotten much else done except I realized I didn't get my litter in the Safeway order, so I requested a refund on that. And I had a number for a brow pencil I had seen on a show and found that HSN had it on sale with free shipping so I ordered that.

Oh and I did get thru email, trying to finish up twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 16, 2023 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursdays' Mission

Holiday -- mail the packages and cards you have ready to go.

Today -- Errand Day and Straighten out your Laundry room, put away hangers and wipe down the washer and dryer.

I got a late start today, was supposed to go get a Covid shot but just didn't feel like it. I feel like I have had something going on every single day this week and just wanted a break. Guess I will try to deal with it tomorrow or next week.

This morning I took out some trash, 3 small bags, out and just finished breaking down my Mountain of boxes, some are trash and some are recycling, so I can haul those out.

Since we didn't get any rain on my balcony, I did see that the streets were wet last night, I put the cushions and towels back down for the kitties.

Also got the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded. So I am feeling like I got some stuff accomplished.

Off to clear out email and see what's happening on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 16, 2023 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Boxes are out!

And I looked over and the corner of the desk was so dusty, so I grabbed the pledge and just dusted/cleaned the desk and the desk lamp. Did a little reorg of the junk I keep on top of the desk.

Now I am working on the office piles and finishing up email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Holiday mission -- make sure you have all your bills together ready to pay, check you gift list to see if you still need anything.

Today -- Clean out your car and purse.

I am doing a load of laundry, already have it together, did my stain prep this morning and getting ready to run it up to the laundry room.

Had a meeting at 1pm but it got rescheduled, so I moved on to my lunch and other plans. Then I got a call around 1:20 that is was back on, decided to skip it and eat my lunch.

Working on email, twitter and tvch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 17, 2023 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru everything and then got busy so the timing wasn't right for laundry. Guess that will be tomorrow.

I think I will pull out the Christmas cards and see what's up with that. Also need to grab a couple of birthday cards for these wrapped presents.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday

No mission today. I did get my birthday cards sorted and I need to grab the Christmas cards and see what I have.

Off to start the coffee, grab the paper and yogurt and crawl back into bed and wait to see if it rains.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email cleared, working on twitter and I opened up Threads since twitter is trying to die.

Took the laundry up and played on my tablet while it washed, then threw it in the dryer and came back to my apartment.

Working on twitter and playing games. Sky is darkening up a bit so maybe some more rain!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 19, 2023 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... Its a fun day ... Relax, Reflect and Enjoy ...

Taking my friend out for her birthday tonight. Not much on my list for the day.

I could staple the minutes, check my christmas cards and build the kitty townhouse.

For now a quick check of email, then grab the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 20, 2023 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Holiday -- Clean and Fling. Take 10 minutes to go thru the "public" rooms and dust / wipe / down / de-clutter to get ready for Thanksgiving. Do a quick toilet and sink clean, and vacuum any rugs.

Today - Clean out under the bed, LOL.

It's Home Blessing Day -- so far I have done the bathroom. I got my Clorox Wipes and cleaned the edges of the litter box, then thoroughly washed my hands and moved on.

Got the kitchen straightened up and the dishwasher running. Working on email and then I will do a few more chores to generaly clean up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 20, 2023 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru email and now I am working on switching out the office kitty box.

I got a new box and rugs, so I can switch out the rugs for cleaning. Got the old litter box bagged and hauled out to the trash, then started to dustbust the area.

Realized that I need to actually vacuum the office rug before I put down the new litter rug and box. So that meant grabbing the vac out of the closet, where i realized there was a big bunch of kitty hair, so I swept that, LOL.

Now I am back to the office and I realized that I didn't take my morning pills, so now I have taken my morning and afternoon pills at the same time and I really need to eat some lunch.

Lordy it's a day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 20, 2023 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy cow !! I rolled my chair out to vac the rug, hit the kitties water pail that I haven't moved out to the balcony yet! Water went all over, grabbed a towel and got that mopped up, then used some of the wet parts to wipe down the vac... it was pretty dusty. I don't think it has been out of the closet in over a year.

Ok, so the clean rug is down, the new litter box is in place, I wiped down the file cabinet next to it, and then filled it with fresh new litter.

I am pooped now but at least that big job is done. Now I just need to clean up all the mess I made to get this part done, LOL.

While all this was happening I did pull out the Christmas cards so I can see if I need any new ones and if I need stamps.

Time for a break and to think about some food.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, November 20, 2023 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
(((Dipo)))

Tomorrow will be better. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 20, 2023 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Grooch, it does seem to be turning into a comedy of errors.

Having some lunch now! Then it will be excellent.