TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 23, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through February 23, 2024 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 16, 2024 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Clean out your purse and car day PLUS clean the tub/sink in the bathroom and wiped down the washer/dryer in the laundry room.

Getting a late start today, I got the rest of the laundry put away - it was drying on the end of the bed, and then cleaned up the kitchen and took out the old kitty food and some trash to the bins.

Now I am working on email and enjoying my coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 16, 2024 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
TNT, we have 150 units, right now about 130 occupied. I don't know how many people that is but most are singles, with a few couples.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, February 16, 2024 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Mercy goodness! That i a big place! No wonder you want to get everybody on email and such!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 16, 2024 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email and Twitter done, rode my bike for 5 minutes and have the balcony set up for the rain.

I got some of those big black hefty bags to cover a couple of things, I can't move everything into the living room, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 17, 2024 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... Time to goof off, LOL ...

No idea what I will do today, maybe I should spend some time on my tax return and my ballot.

For now I am grabbing the paper and some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 17, 2024 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email is done, now to work on twitter. Also cleaned up the kitchen - Sylvester had a lot of kitty plates he had not cleaned!

Got the balcony ready for the coming storm, brought in the cushion and remaining towels. Good thing too since I noticed it was sprinkling a bit.

Finishing up my podcast and then it's twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 17, 2024 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Taxes filed. I didn't realized I had everything I needed, well except one thing I quickly accessed and printed. It was a really simple return, forgot I didn't really do anything in 2023.

Guess it i time to play computer games, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 18, 2024 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday .. Relax and Reflect ..

Not sure what I will get up to today, looking forward to my dinner. Going out for Steaks!!

For now the Sunday paper and some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 18, 2024 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
All games played, newspaper read, email done... off to twitter while I wait to head out for dinner.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 19, 2024 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Home Blessing day .. I cleaned up the kitchen and got the dishwasher running. Refilled my kibble containers and I've been working on email.

Enjoying my coffee and the pretty skies (for now, LOL). I need to call and report that my Screen fell off AGAIN, in the wind yesterday. I actually think it might have gone down last night.

Off to finish email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 19, 2024 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru twitter but email is very full, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 20, 2024 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Today is planning day ... menu, errands etc., AND declutter the top shelf of your master bedroom closet!

That's a new one, and mine is already done, LOL. Expecting a Safeway delivery and then I need to get the minutes ready for distribution.

Also have Housekeeping tomorrow so I need to get ready for that - time to take out xtra boxes, recycling and refill the water bottles and get them put away.

Off to have some yogurt and the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 20, 2024 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the dishwasher unloaded, and the Safeway order put away. Then I ordered some new kitty grass, that will come later tonight.

Still working on email, lots of stuff going on. The publisher made an error on the newsletter that has caused all kinds of confusion! So today I asked her to make some sort of correction, but I let the people who it impacted the most know there was an error. Amazing how such a small thing could cause so much angst, LOL.

I did take out some recycling and a bag of trash. I did track down some boxes to get rid of and I need to unpack the minutes then I will have all the boxes ready to go out.

Back to email!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2024 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

It's anti-procrastination day and Clean out your old makeup!

It's Housekeeping Day .. I have the bathroom counters cleared, got the coffee brewing, loaded the dishwasher and cleared the kitchen counter.

I can't believe how pretty it is outside, so I think I can move stuff out onto the balcony. Put the rollie out there and the cardboard kitty condo.

Time for yogurt and newspaper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2024 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the office litter area cleaned up a bit, cleaned the litter box and scrubbed the rug a bit.

So the house is ready except for the few things in the living room that need to go up on furniture.

Won't do that until she actually gets here, it's easier that way in case there is a problem and she doesn't get to me.

Back to twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2024 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Been looking at mattresses, Juju I checked out the site you referenced ! Wow, those are some expensive mattresses, LOL.

I probably should have purchased one of those the last time I got one! But for now I will go for a more inexpensive one. It is amazing how prices have changed.

So far I have looked at two different stores online and they are surprisingly different in costs as well. What I really need to do is go and lay on some beds. I am pretty sure I want firm, but we shall see.

Hmm, didn't realize Biden was coming to town, they just interrupted the news to show us him at the airport. This should screw up traffic in San Francisco nicely, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2024 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
A little extra cleaning required after housekeeping left. God forbid that Nala use the office litter box, NOOOOOOO, she has to get up and use the one sitting on the bed while the bathroom is cleaned.

So, I had to grab the dustbuster and get the litter bits she threw on the comforter. I think she was making a personal statement against Housekeeping
because....

God forbid she get a drink of water from the 3 different water bowls in the kitchen with 2 on the counter. She had to have water in her favorite bowl on the floor of the bathroom .... she made me feel bad by lapping up a bunch of water as if she hadn't had any for a week.

So some of the house it put back together! and I will do the rest when I get back from dinner. Time to go read my book and take in the sunshine while I wait for dinner service.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, February 21, 2024 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Cats in general do NOT like change - even for a half hour! Your cat takes seriously her resposibility to let you know this!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2024 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand Day .. and 15 minutes of decluttering your bedroom AND clean off the nightstands!

I do need to change my nightstand drawers, the knob broke on the side I use the most so I was thinking I would just switch them, LOL.

For now, some yogurt and the newspaper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2024 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Drawers have been switched, and cleaned out AGAIN. I did reorg them a while back but took the time to put some more stuff in more appropriate places.

Then I went and installed my low shower mount, it's a thing than holds the sprayer down closer to the tub. I have a bench and it is nice to have the sprayer at arm level instead of having to stand up to get it for rinsing my legs.

Next was the kitchen ... I had a few things that needed to be put away, that had come from the bedroom, LOL, then brewed my coffee.

Off to grab the coffee and get back to clearing email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2024 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Done with email and twitter! And updated our vacant unit list (I use it to determine how many copies of the newsletter we need).

Then I rode my bike for 5 minutes.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, February 22, 2024 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dipo, you can also check Costco.com for mattresses. Theirs might just be better quality and better price, plus home delivery and set-up and removal of old mattress, "I think."

Heh, yeah, getting that extravagant MacRoskey mattress, made especially for US was one of the wildest purchases we ever made, but we never regretted it. It was kinda like when 1st husb and I paid an extravagant amount for a 12 x 14 wool Karastan rug, and the salesman assured us it would go 50 years and show no wear. It is now over 50 years later (I kept it in the divorce), and yep, no wear.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 23, 2024 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

It's clean the purse and car day PLUS window washing day for the bedroom and bathroom.

For me it's Resident Council day ... I am ready, got all my talking points so it should be a good meeting.

Off to have some yogurt and read the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 23, 2024 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, the meeting was amazing. First off, Mgt forgot to put it in the calendar so I was initially challenged that there wasn't supposed to be a meeting.

I explained that I thought the agenda, delivered to their doorstep on Tuesday, indicated the meeting was today, as usual. Dealt with that issue and even had Mgt announce it on the Alexa's.

We did get a normal attendance but there were quite a few regulars that didn't attend.

Did I mention yesterday that they changed the dining room around? There are 3 areas that have been used for dining, an East area (which is where activities are held), the Middle area which is the largest dining area and the West area - which is a dining area but seemed to be avoided.

Well they took all the tables out of the East area, since it is used for exercise classes, put up the puzzle table - permanently, instead of taking it down then putting it up for dinner, and all the card game groups. It is the activity area, had the computers, and other cabinets holding all the games. Not sure why it started being used for dining.

This wasn't really announced, just happened. I thought it was a great idea, get all the people who complained the food was cold (who sat in the east area) over to the West DR which is by the kitchen!

So now they think it is too noisy or not set up correctly (they are correct about that). I asked that we give it some time, it has only been one day, LOL.

Lordy, sometimes it is amazing here. Now I am just trying to get thru email, twitter and catch up on my computer games.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, February 23, 2024 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
We have a very nice dedicated dining room here - again, we are a smaller facility. We have a half dozen or so two-tops and the rest are 4-tops. Our server count varies, but they are mostly young and try very hard to please us. Breakfast and supper are served on place mats; lunch is white tablecloth. All meals have cloth napkins and fresh flowers on the tables. Now ifwe can just get the food up to par! New chef starting on the11th!!!!