TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 15, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through February 15, 2024 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 11, 2024 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My toilet acted weird for awhile. I jiggled the floater until it started making weird noises. Good you have maintenance. I have a guy coming tomorrow to replace the tower inside… at least, that what I think I’ve isolated the problem as.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 12, 2024 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

It's Home Blessing Day, and I have a bunch to do, AND this week is the bathroom -- time to check for empty bottles and used up soap.

I guess Nala thought we needed to freshen up the bathroom. Since I had moved the shelf off the top of the toilet tank and set it on top of a box of litter (it has these pieces that come down on the back to keep it from sliding off the toilet tank), she had to investigate.

Naturally it fell over, she didn't know it over - that's what she told me, LOL. I said ok, I will deal with that in the morning, it was around 4am.

Then around 6ish I started smelling menthol, and I couldn't figure out why. Finally I remember the Scope bottle was on that shelf and probably was not securely closed.

Yep, my bathroom is minty fresh, LOL. I threw down towels to sop it up and I now need to change out the litter rug and mop the floor!

Took out the recycling and now I am going to take my yogurt and newspaper back to bed an watch the news.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 12, 2024 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and the toilet acted normally when it got flushed this morning, so I don't know what that was about.

I put the shelf back up on the tank, but I saw that I need to scrub that tank top so will do that when I get around to re-cleaning the bathroom floor.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, February 12, 2024 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
You just kill me cleaning this and that! I can but that cleaning up after the kitties is your job, scrubbing things in the kitchen and bath? Do you leave your housekeeper a detailed list of what you want done? I leave a list for anything out of the ordinary like scrubbing out the fridge or folding my laundry and putting it away. She always comes by at the end of the day to see if there is anything further I need -

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 12, 2024 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, it is worst than I thought. Started cleaning up the bathroom mess and it may have gotten into the bottom of the box of litter I keep in the bathroom.

Flipped that upside down so hopefully it can dry and not effect the actual litter. Then I got the litter rug up and realized there was a lot of liquid under it!!! So I put the litter box on an old towel... oh did I mention I dug out all the towels I was planning to laundry as help for cleaning this floor, LOL.

Letting it dry a bit while I make some coffee!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 12, 2024 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NO, I don't leave a list. We do not have detailed housekeeping, only light ... dusting, scrub the kitchen and bath, sweep and mop the floors and vacuum.

They will do extra cleaning ... like scrubbing out the fridge ... for an extra cost.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 12, 2024 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Went and made the coffee and then remembered I had a latte in the fridge! I will be very caffeinated today, LOL.

Rode my bike for 5 minutes, need to get this habit back, then grabbed the dustbuster and spot cleaned up the litter bits in the living room, and did the office rugs and around the office litter box.

Now it's time for email and all my different coffees!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 12, 2024 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, Scope Mouthwash is very strong, LOL. I have been running the fan in the bathroom all this time and it is still very strong.

Got everything out and mopped the floor. We shall see if the smell goes away.

I did manage to get thru email off to twitter

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 12, 2024 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Slowly getting things done. Bunch of water bottles refilled, finally remembered to give Sylvester his pill. Looks like laundry will be tomorrow.

Now taking a break for some computer games and a bit of twitter review.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 12, 2024 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bathroom is back together and it doesn't smell like scope, LOL, but I have a bag full of towels that do. OMG, who knew this would be such a "fun" project to solve.

Bad litter rug is out on the balcony to dry before I scrub it down. The scope made any litter on it a bit gooey.

Watered the inside plants and gave the kitties new water.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2024 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Back to the bathroom, time to refresh the towels -- LOL, did that yesterday and then get rid of any raggedy towels -- donate them to a shelter.

I did all my bathroom towel stuff yesterday so I am ahead of the game.

Not sure what I will do today, I should be doing laundry but my back has been bugging me for several days. I should put on my back brace.

Off to clear email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2024 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Still working on email but I did get a 5 minute bike ride in, hoping it will help my back feel better.

Also checked and it looks like my stock sold even though Amazon stock is down from my sell price. Still waiting on my confirmation.

Back to email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2024 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally made it thru twitter, ordered a couple of new books and did a bit of research on that Royal Caribbean World Cruise.

I had forgotten about it till I saw the tweet today.

Now to finish email.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, February 14, 2024 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Are you going on that cruise? Jealous!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 14, 2024 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Not going on the cruise but I was curious about it because of the tweet; Apparently it is big on Instagram and YouTube.

It cost between $57,000 and $100,000 to book the 9 month cruise.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 14, 2024 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Happy Valentines Day !!!

Wednesday's Mission

It's Anti-Procrastination Day and time to toss all the old cosmetics AND for the laundry room time to match up all the socks and get rid of the "loners".

I got the coffee brewing and did some banking, now I am working on email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 14, 2024 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My GS Cookies came, so yummy!! Got those stored away and then I got the dishwasher loaded and running.

Finally got thru email and now checking on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Missin

It's Errand day and Check your supplies for the bathroom and laundry!

I think I have no outside errands today so maybe I will do some laundry.

For now, it's yogurt and the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the laundry ready to go, I have a load of clothes and a load of every towel I own, except the ones hanging in the bath, since the Scoop spillage debacle, LOL. Finally got the app to work but now I have a conflict so have to wait a bit.

SO I made some coffee and then unloaded the dishwasher and finished up putting the Safeway order from last night away. Also working on an office pile and email.

I did redo my password list yesterday, Wow, I have 8 pages of stuff, amazing.

Followed up on what is happening with the Newsletter, hopefully that is going well.

And now I will do email, have some coffee and work on the paperwork pile for a bit.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally, email is done. And my mail pile is dealt with, now I have a pile for taxes, LOL.

Oh shoot, I also have to figure out my ballot!

Off to the laundry!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Laundry in! And I don't have to rid my bike since I am climbing stairs!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
how does the laundry situation workthere? We have a laundry - two washers and two dryers - on each floor. Some people stay with their laundry; some people lesve it and run back and forth. Laundry eft in either washer ordryer once the cycle is done may be removed by anyone needing te machine. Thie removal can be done to the folding table or the top of a dryer. The main "leaving" offender are care givers who might be serving three or four residents!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Clothes in the dryer. We have 6 regular washers and dryers, plus 2 oversize washers and dryers.

Some people stay and some go back and forth. I have an app I use to start the washer/dryers and it tells me when my loads are done and I got up and deal with them.

Sometimes I take my tablet and just sit and play games while I wait.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Laundry is done!! I swear my towels still slightly smell of minty fresh Scope, LOL.

Now I just need to upack my bags and put away all the laundry. I have a couple of things that felt a bit wet that will have to hang dry but Laundry is done for a while!! YEAH!!

Back to email and twitter and I can relax until dinner.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have no concept of how lage your community is! There aare 90-ish here -