TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 18, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through September 18, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the dishwasher running, changed out the brita filter so I can refill the water bottles, ordered some Perfume and Iams catfood for Sylvester.

I did manage to get his prescription refilled and after many tries have managed to get it shipped to me. I swear the pharmacy app online at Safeway is a nightmare to figure out. Now they tell me the reason I can't pay for Sylvesters pills is because I need to make a profile for him, LMAO, and when I try I run into the same problems.

Finally called them and they took my credit card over the phone and said they would ship out the order. Or I could have had it delivered for $7.99. In the future I will just pick it up on the Wednesday Safeway Shuttle.

Off to make an appointment with the Doc for my annual ... I need a Shingles shot, RSV shot and I am getting a flu shot here on the 26th.

Also did a bunch of work to update my budget, so I need to do that too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday!! A day to relax and reflect.

I was rudely awakened by an alarm, I don't normally have an alarm on Sunday and was in the middle of a very odd dream, LOL. There were bears, and dogs, and dormitory living with people stealing stuff and a call to the "prinicipals office". All of that using people that currently work or live at my apartment complex, hahahahahahaha.

So I got my Taran podcast started so I can listen with my eyes closed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Lovely brunch ... mimosas and eggs benedict.

Now I am crawling back into bed with the newspaper and some coffee.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I can't remember if I have mentioned that we now have wine service for lunch and dinner! This started - free of additional charee! - a couple of months ago! Nice perk!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's so funny, this time everyday now, the sun hits a mirrored building outside my living room window and blinds me at the office laptop.

It only lasts 10 or so minutes, but I have to duck down so I can see and not be blinded!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/sp.php#missions

Today is HOme Blessing Day, which I need to do, and the main bathroom --- wipe down the back and base of the toilet, yuk.

I have already unloaded the dishwasher and cleaned up the kitchen a bit. And yesterday I ran out some recycling, still need to take out the newspapers.

For now its time for the newspaper, yogurt and my Taran podcast. Oh and some Perry Mason.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Worked on the bathroom, got the kitty box cleaned and hauled the litter out, still need to do a quick dustbust.

Started the coffee and then Rode my bike for 7-8 minutes, not totally sure because I couldn't get my fitbit to tell me the time, LOL. Then I watered the outside plants, went to get some more water and got distracted by the fact that my garbage can needed some attention.

I have a stainless steel box with one of those step on pedals to open it. Everytime I open it I notice that the inside top is filty, LOL, so I grabbed the cleaning spray from under the sink and sprayed it down. Then I used a scrub brush to clean it, this lead to wiping down the tops and side and OMG, have you ever looked at the step petal!!!

It was filty but not anymore, LOL. Now it's time for some coffee, email and games. But I have made a dent in my list for the day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, I am getting a bunch of calls today from people who had difficulties Saturday, my birthday. Which is fine since I am having a birthday week, LOL.

I finished getting stuff out onto the balcony, new kitty water and a little bit of pruning.

I think next I will take out the newspapers and recycling so that then I can sweep the living room / office. I have found 2 kitty throw-ups that I need to clean.

Oh and I got the water bottles refilled and now need to do the soda bottles.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
YEAH!! The chewy box came so Sylvester has his usual kitty food back, he seems to be pleased. Chowed right down.

I got the rest of his regular food sorted and restocked in the catfood cabinet. Put away all the other foods I purchased to try and plump him up, LOL. Maybe he will enjoy them occasionally but I have identified some he dislikes so those will go to other kitty owners.

The box is a better goodwill box, so I will trade out the littler one I have in the closet.

Then I took out the newspapers, so he will have his favorite sleeping basket back. It's ok if it has some newspapers, but doesn't work when it is over flowing.

Off to check email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 12, 2023 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

We take some time out to Plan our week, Menu, Errands, Date Night, etc., and time to clean the bathroom trash cans.

LOL so funny, I don't have a trash can in the bathroom but I did clean my kitchen yesterday.

Haven't figured out my day but for now, newspaper, yogurt, podcast and the news.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 12, 2023 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Rode my bike, and got the kitty throw-up sprayed with cleaner. Letting it soak in before I wipe it up, then I can sweep up the rest of the kitty litter/treat debris on the floor.

Off to grab my coffee then update twitter and clear out email.

Oh I did buy a new storage cart on wheels, I think it will work better for my laundry and then I can use the old plastic hamper to hold my recycling can project. It will fit nicely behind the chair on the balcony and maybe I can announce the program and put it outside my door for people to drop stuff off, hmmmm, have to think about that.

Coffee time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 12, 2023 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wiped up the floors, made some lunch and loaded up the dishwasher.

With all the kitty food we have been "turning our nose up at", I decided to just put it in a bag rather than run so much down the disposal. So I have bowl with a plastic bag where I can dump the food and just rinse the remains off the plate.

I just saw Sylvester having a few bites of it! I swear he is a crazy kitty. After sampling the "trash food", then he had some of his today food.

Still working on email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Today is Anti-Procrastination Day, do something on your list you have been avoiding and time to look in the medicine cabinet and check the expiration date on everything and clean the shelves.

I feed Sylvester and then took out my "bag of bad food" and some other trash to the bins. Working on email and listening to my podcast.

Off to check on twitter, then computer games and the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursdays' Mission

Today is errand day, grocery shopping, doctor/dentist appointments, drop offs for goodwill and the cleaners. Plus scrub down the sinks and counters in the bathrooms.

Too funny, I have a dental cleaning appointment today.

Wow, I got a bunch of stuff done yesterday and never came back here, LOL. I got the minutes started and set up the Election officer, so that is all done.

Went for the Alzheimer's Fundraiser Rootbeer Float, and then started the new game on Seekers Notes.

Now I am just getting ready to go, need to go and dry my hair. Got the hot rollers heating up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Nice easy dental cleaning, just the way I like it. My normal hygienist was out so there was a substitute and she was much faster. Of course she didn't chit/chat so maybe that was why it only took 40 minutes.

But then that screwed up the bus schedule so I ended up waiting for 45 minutes for a pickup. Not a problem since I always plan for delays and had my newspaper and tablet with me, LOL.

Now I am just trying to catch up on all the BB and other stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 15, 2023 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Clean out your purse and car day!!! Toss out Old gum and candy wrappers, Soda bottles and Water Bottles, Scraps of paper/old receipts, Drive thru bags and cups, etc.

It is also Date Night, LOL.

I have another Alzheimer's fundraiser at 11:30pm ... Hamburgers. I am interested to see if they just went and bought a bunch at McDonalds, that would be a good fundraiser, LOL.

My newspaper didn't come, that's annoying, so for now I will listen to my Taran podcast, have some yogurt and play my tablet games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 15, 2023 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the dishwasher running so the kitchen is cleaned up.

Fundraiser was really good ... Real grilled hamburgers served with beautiful tomato slices, red onions and condiments. Sides were excellent macaroni salad, watermelon and a oatmeal raisin cookie. All very good food, so I won't need dinner, LOL the burger was huge!

Now working on getting thru emial/twitter while I finish my Day Drinking Podcast and play Seekers notes.

Once I get thru all of this stuff I need to finish doing the minutes and agenda for the next meeting.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... It's a fun day ...

Got up really late and it feels/likes looks like a winter day! Need to go check the forecast and see what's up, LOL. Is it just morning fog/clouds or is there really rain in the forecast, LOL.

but first, the paper is here and I want some yogurt and to lisen to Taran.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 17, 2023 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday.... Relaxation, Being lazy and being thankful for all our Blessings.

Yesterday was very busy, Sylvester had another Vet appointment. I am going to have to research if there is a better place to have blood work done if he has to have it every 3 weeks. He seems to be feeling much better ... annoying his sister, demanding attention, etc. But his thyroid is not down to the good range. We did drop it from 11 to 8, but towards the end of the time period I was running out of pills so cut him down to a half dosage so he would have a pill every day.

So we will go back to the normal dosage now that I have his prescription set up with Safeway and know how to get it refilled in a timely manner.

My sister and I, after having to wait for TOOOO long a time at the vet (I am giving them one more visit before I look for another vet) went and had some dinner at the Spaghetti Factory, that was fun and yummy.

Then came home and basically sat and relaxed. I kept telling her I was getting toooo much exercise, LOL.

I was thinking of doing laundry today but I may just have a quiet day and do that tomorrow. My new "laundry cart" came, so I need to assemble it and load it up. Then I can move the old hamper out behind the chair on the balcony to hold cans.

I did run the dishwasher, so this morning I have unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, straightened up the balcony and started reading the Sunday paper.

Now I am going to work on email, twitter and listen to Taran.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
https://www.flylady.net/d/new-links/#missions

Home blessing day ... I have a list, LOL, first up is to dustbust the bathroom, I have let that go a bit so there are some spills.

Need to do a Safeway order and my normal stuff.

I did put together the "large cart" and WOW it holds an amazing amount of laundry. At first I thought I wasn't going to work and then I loaded it up. So today I will probably do a couple of loads of laundry.

But first I want to read the paper, have some yogurt, watch Perry Mason and listen to Taran.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Safeway order complete, newspaper done, time to get started on emails, twitter and laundry.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My god, what a day!!! First I had to add some money to my laundry app, I added $30 and then took the laundry upstairs, put the soap and clorox in the two washers, then added all the clothes. Went to use the app and it wouldn't work, had to go downstairs to get the password to sign in, funny I didn't need that to add money.

Then I went thru multiple times to sign in and kept getting invalid sign in, tried to use the mobile sign in that was invalid, finally tried uninstalling and reinstalling and now it says it can't find the laundry room. Tried calling, it's a 30 minute wait ... search my house for quarters and find $3.00. I need $4 for each load.

Call down to the front desk, do they have quarters? They will look around and get back to me. Hold for 45 minutes and finally a gal comes on, I tell my story and she says I need to talk to the "app" people and transfers me.... App people, it will be a 30 minute wait....

Call back to the front desk, the receptionist has gone home sick, the manager is manning the phones, tell me he can't drive me until 3pm, says he can do it when his relief gets here.

So I schedule a lyft, throw on some clothes, run down to the front desk, they give me $60 to get quarters for the front desk and off I go the bank. It's around 1.30; get there and there is one teller with 3 people waiting. I nice man notices I am having trouble standing in the line, tells me to go sit in the "disabled" teller chair and I can go ahead of him.

Interesting that no one ever came over the disabled teller line to see if I needed help. Anyway finally got my $80 of quarters and realized when I put them in my pockets my pants fall off hahahahahahaha.

And then Lyft seems to think The Spaghetti Factory is a better pick up spot than Bank of America (they are next door to each other, LOL, so I walk over to Spaghetti Factory and wait there. Get a plastic bag from them so my pants will stay up and finally get back home around 2.30.

I am so hot from running around all I can think is I want to sit in front of a fan. So I ran upstairs and put the one load into the dryer started the second load and put my comforter down to start. Realized I didn't bring the soap so just came back downstairs and ordered my dinner delivered.

I think I almost back on track, Safeway is coming between 5 and 9. So eventually I will have the laundry done and can just relax.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My laundry is ready to turn but I am having my soup and brownie with ice cream before I go up the stairs for the ninetieth time, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Comforter in the washer, other load in the dryer. Someday I will be done!

I really want a shower but I have to finish going up and down the stairs first, LOL>

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Comforter is in the dryer!!!!! WE are almost done!

Now I need to sort / fold / put away the dry clothes, the line dry are laying around. One good thing is I got two washers that did cold water, so I will have to check out the other 4 that sometimes seem to have hot for the cold wash. But that's another day.