TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 06, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through October 06, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally got thru twitter!! Guess I should take 15 minutes and go do some dusting or dustbusting, LOL.

Oh and I need to put new batteries into the remote, it keeps telling me they are low. I wonder why the ones in the bedroom are lower than the remote in the living room, one of those things that makes you go HMMMMMMM.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Called the Vet to see if Sylvester could try another medication and the gal who answered the phone thought it was odd that he had been on these pills and just now got the diarrhea.

Kept trying to get me to say he had gotten into something, or been exposed to something. As I recall the same thing happened with the other pills. We were going along fine and then all of a sudden diarrhea.

So the vet is supposed to call me back tonight or tomorrow, I am expecting tomorrow since they sounded very busy.

Everything on my list is done except changing out the batteries and dustbusting the bathroom so I am off to do that and wait for the new survivor and TAR.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission
https://www.flylady.net/d/new-links/#missions

Today is Errand day ....Grocery shopping
Doctor appointments
Dentist appointments
Dropping the clothes off at the cleaner
Dropping of clutter donations

And in the living room it's time to vacuum all around the edges, getting those baseboards cleaned up.

I have got the dishwasher running, finally got the batteries changed in the remote and talked to the Vet.

He is now recommending a radiation treatment for Slyvester instead of the pills. I will research it but I am wondering why there are only 2 pills he can try; there are a ton of thyroid pills for humans, why can't he try any more of those. Also I am thinking maybe if he had a third dose instead of a half dose per day if that would work without him getting diarrehea. So much research to do!!!

Got my first run thru email done, listening to my Taran Podcast. Off to do a quick run at twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH and I was worrying so much about Sylvesters pills I forgot my own, LOL, just took the morning pills that I normally take a 7.30am, hahahahaha.

And I grabbed my coffee ... off to twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, twitter is really going today. What with Trumps trial starting, the hokey impeachment of Biden, and the possible shutdown of the government .. that took a lot of time.

So now I can actually see about some chores, although I am not feeling inclined to do much. I think Sylvester is feeling better and starting to have better BM's, this may be TMI, but it is what I am dealing with right now.

I think I want a nap, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

It's Date night and clean out your purse / car, plus clean up any final hotspots in the living room.

Got the coffee going, taking in the news of Dianne Feinstein's death, can't believe she cast a vote yesterday and now is gone! I actually have been to her home, a good friend of mine was a good friend of her daughter, and we must have gone to pick her up for an outing or something. I was just impressed to be at her home in SF, can't remember much else about it. Of course, the Senator wasn't home, LOL, but I was still impressed. So sad she is gone.

I have Resident Council meeting today, might become President, so I need to make sure I am ready for the meeting.

For now clearing email / twitter and listening to Taran Podcast.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The RC meeting is over and I am President, it wasn't a landslide which I am happy about. I didn't want the former President to get his feelings hurt. He did volunteer to be the Secretary but he really isn't qualified for that and he needs to move on. I have been doing the Presidents job since last May, even tho he sort of ran the meetings.

So thank goodness that is over!!! And I can get on with things more openly and ask for others to help.

I don't know what I am up to for the day but I haven't finished the paper or my computer games.

Sylvester really liked a Quality Primal Freeze Dried Raw Diet sample so I am going to see if I can order him some more.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... Fun Day ...

Woke up feeling a little "punky", so just fed the kitties, grabbed some yogurt and went back to bed. I think it was because the weather seems to have changed to "winter". I feel all stuffy and congested.

Of course it could be that I have caught a cold or a new pollen has reared it's ugly head. We have a Covid outbreak with 5 people isolating; I haven't been exposed to them so that is good but I have noticed how few people are coming down to dinner right now. Management has recommended masking.

I need to do a Safeway order, listen to Taran, get caught up on email, twitter and games.

Off to get that started.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 30, 2023 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Safeway order done, Taran done, twitter done, now I am working on email.

Plus I swept the hallway / office / kitchen and wiped down the desk where Sylvester has been enjoying his Churu, now I just need to dustbust the bathroom and my chores will be done.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... Mediation and Peaceful Reflection

Looking forward to a quiet day with a few chores thrown in here and there, LOL.

I think I will build the new kitty cardboard fort that I was give for my birthday.

Off to find my Taran Podcast and clear email and twitter while I wait for my Safeway order.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 01, 2023 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Safeway order came ... so now I can take my paper and yogurt and crawl back into bed, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 02, 2023 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

It's Home Blessing Day, yesterday I finally got the bathroom dustbusted and I swept the office. Today I need to take out some trash and recycling.

Have a bunch of office work .. the minutes, schedule a meeting for all the officers and committees to figure out how to go forward, etc. Log all the monthly activities into my daily calendar.

Off to grab my coffee, get thru email and twitter and listen to Taran.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 02, 2023 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Twitter is done!! for now. Then I took the office litter mat out on the balcony and scrubbed it, it is now drying. It annoys me with the clay that gets on it. I need to remember to have Lisa take my other litter rug, the one I prefer, home to scrub with a hose, or figure out where the hose is out in the courtyard so we can do it there.

Loaded up the dishwasher and took out the old kitty food and recycling, still need to refill water bottles. Oh and I watered the plants on the balcony, since I was out there and using the kitty water to rinse the litter mat.

Need to get thru emial!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 03, 2023 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

We are in the Entrance / Foyer area. Good thing, I need to change my front door decorations.

And tackle my list of office stuff. I think I have Sylvester on a good plan, we are doing 1/4 pill every 8 hours, the in the middle of the night one is a bit tricky so I am trying to get that to work around 11 or 12.

Off to grab the box of decorations from the storage room and finish watering the plants.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 04, 2023 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Today we check the walls in the dining room / entry for smudges and wipe them down.

Last night I got my fall decorations up, I am not that happy with them, but I will let it sit and then decide if I am going to buy some other garland. I got a metalic one and it isn't what I thought it would be.

Housekeeping is supposed to come today, but I am going to wait to move stuff around until later when I am sure she is coming.

I got the dishwasher running and I took out 2 bags of kitty poop, so I am ahead of the game, LOL.

Off to find Taran, then read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 04, 2023 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Half the house is ready for housekeeping ... waiting to see if she is coming to do the rest. Just have a to pick up some things in the bathroom, living room and bedroom.

I got all the things off the kitchen counters; that is where she starts so it will give me time to do the rest.

I need to go work on email, I have been doing twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 04, 2023 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Since I have Sylvesters appointment on the 14th I can't help with the Library Gardening project my friend handles. So I researched plants for her today and found a bunch of really good ones.

Now I am working on email while trying to finish up twitter.

Still no housekeeping, I should go see if the cart is in the hallway.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 04, 2023 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was just wondering where Housekeeping was and thought I should go brush my teeth before she gets here, so of course, I hear a loud yell, housekeeping. I didn't hear her because of the toothbrush and fan, LOL>

So I quickly finished up and then got all the stuff out of the bathroom and then did the office / living room, so she can get all the floors done well.

Back to email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 04, 2023 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Housekeeping is gone but I am thinking of trying my Mop/Glow on the floors before I put everything back down. OH, maybe I will just do it in the bathroom and see what I think first, that is a smaller floor.

I was cracking up because when she was cleaning the bathroom Nala just sauntered out and went on the balcony for a nap like nothing was going on, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 05, 2023 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand day! And spend some time clearing any clutter from your porch.

I put up my fall decor and I am not happy with my one garland so I am off to Michaels and see if anything is on sale.

Also need to get the emails out about my meeting for next week and I notice I have a message from Kaiser so I wonder if my appointment has been cancelled / rescheduled.

Off to work on email, the newspaper, the podcast and have some yogurt.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 05, 2023 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dipo, you may already know this, but if you sign up for an online account with Michael's, they send you a $5 off $5 or more coupon from time to time. I have one now that is expiring as I am getting ready to go to South Padre Island, TX, for the winter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 06, 2023 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Today is clean out the car and your purse day, and look for dust bunnies and cobwebs in the dining room and entryway.

I did order some more fall stuff, it should come soon since I got an email that it has shipped.

I was able to get my list of issues/agenda items for my meeting next week. I have one more list to check before I send it out.

I redid my list and have a few chores for the day.

The newspaper didn't come, so I need to take my yogurt and go make a phone call to the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 06, 2023 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep Juju, I did signup for the coupons, none would work for my order but I still got a couple of really good deals.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 06, 2023 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I got another Chewy package, I think they double shipped my Churu order, guess I will share with my sister, LOL>

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, October 06, 2023 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I expect any discarded clothing to be hung up daily, the bed made, spills cleaned up in the bath, LR or kitchen, any dishes in the sink washed dried, and put away, trash taken out, etc. If I have done laundry, I leave it in a pile on the bed for folding and/or hanging. That's what a housekeeper is for - ours are all terrific!