TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 31, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through August 31, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 24, 2023 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

It's Errand day and time to clear off the nightstands.

So excited, there is absolutely nothing happening today, LOL, other than a quick meeting a 7pm today.

Not sure what I will work on. I did water some of the inside plants yesterday so I need to check the rest and maybe some more water for the outside plants.

For now it is yogurt and the newspaper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 24, 2023 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Coffee brewing, time to clear email and twitter.

Then on to my list of things. I did "de-hair" my comforter. My sister gave me a tool that you use to sort of scrape along the furniture and pillows.

It worked great. I still need to plan a laundry day for it, but it is better for now.

Off to grab my coffee and get busy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 25, 2023 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Clean out your purse and car day, and do some decluttering on your master closet

For me it's Resident Council Meeting today, should go easy and smoothly. I have worked out the plan for the election, so just need to appeal for more candidates. They have until the end of the month to submit a nom.

For now I am going to grab some yogurt and the paper, oh and clear some email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 25, 2023 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, it's Movie day ... go to the Movies for $4!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 25, 2023 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear, this weather change is crazy, yesterday I was hot, had every fan going in the house and now I am cold and have turned everything off!

Need to make some coffee and get going on the day! I will pull together the stuff for the meeting, clear email and get caught up on twitter.

Off to brew the coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 25, 2023 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Meeting over!! YEAH, I can take a break for a couple of days.

Now to finish up email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 26, 2023 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... It's a fun day ...

I swear I hate when companies change things that have been working fine! I am on the phone with American Express just trying to confirm a transfer from my savings to my bank. The used to have a Personal Savings Website and some brilliant person decided they needed to merge it with the Credit Card website.

I just went to the new login to transfer money and it says it won't work. Last month when this happened I just went to the old website and made the transfer. Anyway, that wasn't available so I did chat and after several comments back and forth this "person" didn't realize we were talking about my savings not my credit card!!!!

Finally I had to call someone and they let me go into the "legacy website" to make my transfer! I just want my money to pay my rent, LOL. So at least I now have the transfer done and they put in a ticket for the new website not working properly for us savings people. Now to make a note on the calendar to confirm the money moves.

What a morning!

I have a better day coming ... we have the Rootbeer Float Fundraiser for Alzheimer's at 11 and I am off to Chinese food at noon and not much else for the day!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 26, 2023 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just purchased my first Christmas present. QVC had a waterproof flashlight that can also be a lantern at a cheap price and free shipping. So I got one for me, my sister and my friend. I always figure if I want one then it's good for others, LOL.

Got the coffee brewing, and then I will work on email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 26, 2023 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yummy Rootbeer float! And I had a nice chat with some residents.

Email is clear, off to deal with twitter until my lunch appointment!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 27, 2023 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... A day of Rest and Reflection ...

I had a great Chinese lunch yesterday, good leftovers for dinner tonight.

I also wiped down a wall by my office, I noticed that I frequently touch that corner as I maneuver around the kitty box of scratchers and it was a little dirty!

Not sure what I am up to today, maybe nothing. I do have a bunch of writing/composing to do for the Candidate sheets and a flyer for garbage day.

So maybe I will work on that stuff, but I might just play computer games and read, watch some BB Live feeds, who knows.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 27, 2023 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally got my paper ... apparently the "paperboy" left the papers outside the front door instead of bringing them in to the front desk. So none got delivered to the units.

I saw someone with a paper at brunch and went to the front desk to ask "where is mine" and the temp person gave me one. Then the real receptionist came to me and asked if I had gotten my paper, LOL, and I let her know I did but they just didn't check me off.

So I got through email and most of the paper. I am starting the "Big Quest" on Seekers Notes and then I will finish the paper!

Oh and maybe some sort of snack for dinner.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, August 27, 2023 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh, Sundays with the San Francisco Chronicle in the late 1990's Those were the days. Even though we did have to hike a dozen or so miles on the weekends just because there was so much to see, AND we could walk to Golden Gate Park, which is enormous. And we could also walk the Land's End Trail, a couple blocks from our house, on the cliff outside the Golden Gate Bridge.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 28, 2023 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Home Blessing Day ... I should do a little sweeping in the office.

And I have a bunch of other things on the list... but for now, jsut working on email, the paper and getting started.

Got the dishwasher running because I ran out of spoons for my yogurt, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 28, 2023 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and Herb Caen ... I miss his column.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 28, 2023 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, Bed, Bath and Beyond website it back! I know Overstock.com (I think that is who) bought them but it just feels weird to know they closed and now are back.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 28, 2023 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my and I forgot the US Open Tennis starts today, I am going to have many things to deal with today.

I better go start some coffee, LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 28, 2023 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Balanced checkbook and scheduled/paid bills.

Finally got thru email and twitter.

Getting ready to head out for dinner then I need to water some plants and do other stuff.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, August 28, 2023 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Oh and Herb Caen ... I miss his column.

Oh, and Herb Caen indeed! I started following him when his column was carried in the Houston Chronicle and Texas was a good place to live, never dreaming I might move to San Francisco. And then I moved to SF when Herb Caen was still alive, and I could read his columns with much more understanding, and he caused me to quit smoking at the same age he quit smoking, and then he died of lung cancer anyway at an age older than I am now, but I suspect/hope I may live longer than he did because of his influence. God bless his soul.

It's a small world, eh?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 29, 2023 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

It's Planning Day ... figure out those errands for Thursday. This week is Zone 5, living room and Zone 1, Entrance, Front Porch and Dining Room. Your task is to declutter this area. Spend 15 minutes a day this week doing something, anything, in these rooms.

I got the dishwasher unloaded and the kitties fed. Working on a bit of email, listening to my podcast, checking on the HG's.

Off to read the paper and enjoy my yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 29, 2023 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email cleared and I made a Safeway order. I am way behind on everything, need to go grab my tablet and catch up on my games.

I did get all the plants watered yesterday. And one of the residents is moving back east so she brought me empty cans and a few sodas she didn't manage to finish off.

Oh and I got thru twitter... so now time for games and office stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 30, 2023 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission
Http://www.flylady.net/

Today is anti-procrastination day. Work on things like: Do the Laundry, Clean Out Your Refrigerator, Make doctors appointments, Finish that report for work, Work on a project with your child, Clean the fish tank.

Oh this is a definite reminder for me to do the candidate flyer that has been on my list since Monday. Once I get thru my email and twitter I will do that.

So far I have cleaned up the kitchen, listened to my BB Podcast, and Safeway came so I got that put away. For some reason the bags were wet, I wondered if the sprinkler system went off as they were being loaded or unloaded. Made for an impromptu mopping where they dripped in the kitchen.

I got all the empty cans out of the living room and into the balcony garbage bag.

So now I will enjoy my coffee and work on email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 30, 2023 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I did my anti-procrastination chore, LOL. The candidates statements and the ballot are done.

I just need one more person to apply for Secretary, wish I could think of someone to approach about the job.

I got the bathroom dustbusted, and I am now working on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 31, 2023 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/sp.php#missions

Since today is the last day in the living room we are supposed to do a detailed vacuum!

So far I have cleaned up the kitchen, Sylvester went trh 3 different cans of food to try and find one he would eat, so that creates a bunch of cans and plates. Got the dishwasher reloaded and cleared most of the counters, still need to take out the recycling and refill water bottles.

I did sweep and mop the office and I am working on clearing email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 31, 2023 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally, email and twitter done. I did end up writing a couple of articles mostly because there was stuff in my email that reminded me. So those are ready for when we can add them to the newsletter.

Got thru our monthly calendar and determined they put the RC meeting on the wrong day, so I had to adjust all the election documents to accommodate that.

Now just waiting for the Big Brother live eviction, maybe do a couple more things on my list.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, August 31, 2023 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Again, I hope your new residence knows howlucky they are to have you!!!!

I don't understand why you ductbust, mop, wipe down,etc. That is what your housekeeper is for!!!n Leave her a detailed note -shake litter mats,takeout the trash, wipe down any surface that you feel needs it. Have you not hada houseleeperbefore?