TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 09, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through November 09, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 01, 2023 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think Sylvester can tell time, LOL, it's time for his pill and he is nowhere to be found, LOL.

Maybe the time change this weekend will throw him off.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 01, 2023 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally got around to checking the extended expiration date on my covid tests and it has come and gone, so I ordered some new ones.

I did manage to get Sylvesters pills down him within the appropriate timeframe.

And it looks like I have a package on the porch, probably my sisters birthday present.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 02, 2023 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/sp.php#missions

Today is Errand day and Declutter the porch, foyer and dining room.

I am changing out the front porch decorations (I am calling it the front porch but it is the wall by my front door, LOL) just putting up a new flag for Thanksgiving.

Dumped all the "extra" catfood and pulled the trash since it is full, running that and some boxes out to the trash before Safeway gets here.

Got the coffee brewing ... neeed to grab some yogurt. Off to the trash and then email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 02, 2023 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Trash and boxes out, but damn, I just got another delivery and I now have two more boxes!

But it is my new heater for the bedroom and my new toothbrush. So I will get them unpacked, then grab up all the other boxes and take them out.

I might turn my dining room table so more of it gets the morning sun, then put another box up there. I have one now and it seems to be a favorite napping spot that the kitties "fight" over. So since I have a perfect "cat-sized" box I can make two boxes available, LOL.

Almost done with email and twitter, then I need to deal with the balcony and change the decorations.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 02, 2023 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got some of the balcony cleaned up, ended up moving a couple of things into the house and Sylvester immediately decided to use it.

I did turn the dining room table and put a second box up there, Sylvester has already checked it out and took an afternoon nap in it.

Then I set up the oscillating heater in the bedroom on the side by the window. I had noticed that it was cold over there and I sleep facing that way.

Nala is not sure it is okay, she sat on the bed and watched it very closely as it moved back and forth. Then she got down on the floor and sat to watch it some more. I don't think she trusts it, LOL.

Oh and I did get all the boxes broken down and taken out to the bins.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 03, 2023 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Clean your purse and car day, plus check your holiday budget and spend 15 minute's cleaning/decluttering th entryway.

It's Moose lodge Bingo night!!! I have just been working on finishing up the balcony, bagging up the cans and clearing email.

Twitter is next, oh and I just realized I haven't caught up with Taran yet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 04, 2023 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday!! Lets Have FUn before the Snow Flies, LOL!

Just finishing up the balcony and changing the decorations to Thanksgiving.

Had a really fun time at Moose Lodge Bingo, one of our players won twice!! and the margaritas are excellent.

Now it's time for yogurt and the newspaper.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, November 04, 2023 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
How do you get to go to the moose club? thought it was all guys -

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 04, 2023 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Nope, anyone can join the Moose Lodge, but the Bingo events are open to everyone and I have a good friend who is a member.

She emails me a flyer everytime they have Bingo, they are raising money to replace the commerical kitchen oven, they are pricey.

The next one is "Ugly Sweater Bingo" on the 15th, LOL. That should be interesting, I don't own anything close to an ugly sweater, hardly own any sweaters.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, November 04, 2023 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Dipo, you can decorate a sweater you already have, to make it ugly.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, November 04, 2023 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thrift stores abound in ugly sweaters.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 04, 2023 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have one sweater, it is beautiful and brand new, not about to "ugly" it up, Grooch.

I Know Juju, I thought about it but probably won't bother.

It's a ways off so we shall see when we get closer to the event.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 05, 2023 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... A relaxing day ..

I finally finished cleaning up the balcony, just needed to finish sweeping, it might rain a bit today. Then I swept the cobwebs in the window corners and the dead flies off the sills, LOL.

Swept the hallway and living room, so that's all done. Need to go and start the coffee while I wait for my Safeway delivery.

Grabbed the box that one of the kitties knocked down from the closet shelves, I think I can recycle it, LOL. It amazes me that "someone" went up there and decided it didn't belong. It is a typical Sylvester behavior, but it's Nala territory, and they both casually sauntered out of the closet after the big boom.

Got a photo of my Halloween decorations so took down the witch / spider / and halloween flag. I can not put them away.

I thought of a different way to arrange a kitty bed so that I don't have to move it to the balcony when housekeeping comes, so I did that.

Now I need to finish clearing email, grab my coffee and enjoy the rest of the day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 05, 2023 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, got a photo of the front door, took down and put the decorations away, kitty bed moved, I remembered to put the "Autumn Leaves" table runner out, LOL, I still had spring/summer.

Got the dishwasher unloaded and partially put away, the coffee mug bottoms are drying before they go in the cabinet.

Oh and I grabbed the wrapping paper to wrap my sisters birthday present.

Off to grab some coffee and finish email/twitter.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, November 05, 2023 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Sounds to me like Sylvester and Nala are ganging up on you!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 05, 2023 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They are !!! TNT, LOL.

I got the timers changed and I think I never took them off standard time so I just needed to make them come on sooner. I set them for 6pm but it is already so dark I may need to set them earlier.

I did like how nice it was this morning when the sun was up at 7:30 though.

I finished putting away the dishes, got thru email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 05, 2023 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I just thought I heard some rain so I turned off the TV and IT IS RAINING. I quickly ran and grabbed the towels off the balcony before they could be soaked.

And it seems light so I just left the chair cushion. It takes a pretty heavy rain to come down thru all the slats on the 3 floors above my balcony.

I just can't believe we actually got rain, I am so glad!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 06, 2023 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
MOnday's Mission

It's Home Blessing Day and work in the kitchen cleaning out all the clutter under the sink.

I forgot to mention on Friday that while I was in the shower the handheld hose flew off the connector and water sprayed up in the sky, LOL. I had just finished rinsing my hair, thank goodness, so I just had to use the faucet to throw water on all the soapy parts of my body, LOL.

Anyway, they just came and put in a new showerhead. Apparently they were out so had to run to the store and get some for their inventory. I asked him to tighten up my plug by the bed. I figured it was loose to the wall, not the electricity. So that is done too! Now the only thing I need to check on is the screen replacement, which I am not really worried about now that it's winter.

So when he fixed that I had to move my nightstand, a tad messy under there, LOL, so I grabbed the dustbuster and cleaned that up. The bathroom is next.

I have culinary forum at 1pm, and then I am free for the day since I won't be going down to dinner.

For now off to clear email / twitter, catch up on the news and Taran's podcast.

I noticed my kitties like the new placement of the high kitty bed; I put it in front of the window, so it will get sunshine.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, November 06, 2023 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
"...three floors above me" As I have heard you talking about going downstairs, just how tall is your building? If there are three floors above your place, isn't there an elevator?

What is culinary forum? How much influence do the residents actually have?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 06, 2023 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am on the first floor which is on top of a underground garage so I am really on the 1.5 floor, then the project is 4 floors of apartments. There are elevators but I don't use them.

I always say I am going down to dinner but it is really out and across the courtyard. I just think of it as going down to dinner.

Culinary Forum is the meeting with Chef. He asks how the meals are going, whether there are any foods we want, how the breakfast service is going and stuff like that. That was how we found out the "Head Chef" got demoted and the "corporate driven" menus had come to an end.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 07, 2023 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Clean out the pantry -- donate things you aren't really ever going to use, get rid of expired items and check to see what you need purchase for Thanksgiving.

I have been busy this morning, first I worked in the bathroom, wiped down the litter box and refilled my pills. That's when I realized I am out of Centrum, I thought I had another bottle under the sink, but no. So now I have a list of things to purchase from Walgreens.

Then I moved to the Kitchen, cleaned up the sinks and then loaded the dishwasher. Still need to refill water bottles but it's on the list.

Last night I got my sister's birthday present wrapped, need to get the ribbon and find a card. Realized it is my friends birthday at the end of the month!! Need a card for her and a present. I think I will contact Steve, her old roommate and see if he wants to go in on a dinner for her.

Got my coffee, working on email, listened to my podcast, the shortest one ever, LOL. And now I am working on my list.

Oh and I have housekeeping tomorrow so I am working on stuff that needs to go back out on the balcony that came in when it rained LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 07, 2023 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Met with the Manager about the hours the staff has worked, I swear he really does have OCD, LOL. He made a very complicated analysis and computation of the Christmas Bonuses.

We collect money from the Residents to give the hourly employees a "tip" since we are not allowed to provide tips. Anyway, I just wanted to know who was full time and part-time; then who had been here all year, I already know their positions.

Anyway, had that meeting, then I did some work on the balcony, moved the milk crates over so I could move a couple of plants and put the bag of cans in the corner. Then I put back the stuff that I brought in because it was raining.

I refreshed the brown packing paper in one of the kitty sleeping beds and took all the old stuff to the recycle bin.

Restocked my afternoon pills and finally got thru my email.

Working on twitter now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 08, 2023 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Holiday Mission -- go thru the ToyBox and get rid of broken or toys with missing parts, see if there are some that can be donated.

It's Anti-Procrastination day -- and scrub your kitchen sink!

I have housekeeping so they will scrub the sink, LOL. But I took out the newspapers, some boxes and the bagged kitty litter. Just getting things up off the floor, got the bedroom done and just need to move the kitty box out of the bathroom once she arrives.

When I took stuff out to the bins I practically tripped over my Chewy order! I wasn't expecting it so soon. Now I have a big box to put somewhere since I am not ready to open it yet, LOL.

Guess it will go out on the balcony with some other stuff.

For now I am clearing email/ twitter and enjoying some coffee. Guess I should go see if Taran has any news.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 08, 2023 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Housekeeping done!! Got the bathroom done, I put down the new litter mat, now the old one can be washed. Not quite finished opening the giant chewy box. I got a new litter box for the office area but the current one is pretty heavy with litter so I want to wait a couple of days til it decreases.

Still working on email and twitter, plus got some lunch started.

I was shocked that Sylvester came and sat on the desk and watched Carolina dust and clean, he finally left when the vac came out, LOL. But I was impressed and told him what a brave boy he was.

Now he is happy that the stuff has been taken off the bed so he can snuggle up against the pillows and take his nap.

Back to email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 09, 2023 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Time to clear the clutter off your countertops! Find a place to store your appliances you don't use every day.

I finally found what I needed for my balcony door, a cabin hook. It holds the door open 4 to 8 inches depending on what you need and is easy to disengage.

I like to keep the door open for the kittes, plus enjoy the fresh air, but I don't want it banging back and forth with the wind. So excited for it to come.

I made and appointment for a haircutt and sent an email to set up a birthday dinner for my friend.

Now I am clearing email /twitter, etc. and listening to Taran's podcast.