TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 19, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through December 19, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 15, 2023 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Todays mission is Clean out your purse and car plus a 5 minute declutter of the bathroom and your messiest room.

I took out the recycling and an empty litter box. Have been clearing email and listening to my Day Drinking podcast.

Email is taking forever!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, December 15, 2023 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I just realized yesterday that I am a person who has never in my life needed to clean out a purse. I am just not a cluttered purse person.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 15, 2023 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Juju, I don't have that problem either but I have a friend I would love to send this mission too, I just don't think she would appreciate it. Her purse and car are always full of tons of receipts and "trash" that would take a minute to deal with but she just can't find the time.

Bingo was really fun ... one person in our group won $30, and cocktails were great, so it was a great evening.

And I found out the Brownies/Girl Scouts are coming here on Sunday and will wrap gifts for a fee! So excited, I am taking all mine down and letting them do them!

One thing off my list, just need to do Christmas cards.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 15, 2023 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Juju, I don't have that problem either but I have a friend I would love to send this mission too, I just don't think she would appreciate it. Her purse and car are always full of tons of receipts and "trash" that would take a minute to deal with but she just can't find the time.

Bingo was really fun ... one person in our group won $30, and cocktails were great, so it was a great evening.

And I found out the Brownies/Girl Scouts are coming here on Sunday and will wrap gifts for a fee! So excited, I am taking all mine down and letting them do them!

One thing off my list, just need to do Christmas cards.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 16, 2023 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... Get out play before the rain comes, LOL.

I don't know why my posts are all of a sudden posting twice. I will have to start checking. I have noticed that sometimes when I clear my email I click one email and all of a sudden two disappear.

I can't figure out what is going on, I have tried slowing down my mouse but that may not have fixed the problem.

Anyway, time for yogurt and the newspaper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 16, 2023 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got my chewy box so working on get the catfood cabinet restocked.

Email needs to be dealt with and then I have to get out to the balcony and clear that off.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 16, 2023 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, went out and got the boxes off the balcony, I will move the cushions and towels tomorrow before the rain.

IT was so nice out, felt like summer! I did notice Nala went out and took residence on the chair for a nap.

One of the boxes will work well for my sweater present, so that is done. Just need to grab the magic marker so I can mark the boxes and then get them ready to take down for wrapping tomorrow.

Got the catfood cabinet restocked so most of my chores are done for the day!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, December 16, 2023 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
We got all our Christmas cards done and in the mail AT the post office before noon dispatch today. So Yay!! It must have been 28 cards because I try to put a photo in, and I bought 30 photos and have 2 left.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 17, 2023 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... Peace and Joy

I must do the Christmas cards, and I need to staple the minutes, so hopefully those things will get done.

Also organize the presents for wrapping by the Brownie/Girl Scouts but for now I have the coffee brewing and I am going to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 17, 2023 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email done, and I got my packages into two different bags so I can tell which ones are for my sister versus my friend.

Got the Bonus Cards ready incase any of the 4 remaining people are serving today (one is the van driver and I know she will be here); taking my paper and tablet with me so I can have some brunch and then have something to do while my packages get wrapped.

Now I am working on Twitter and stapling the minutes, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 17, 2023 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Excellent brunch!! And I got all but one of my packages wrapped. I kept the big one to do myself.

Was able to hand out one of the cards, and 2 others will be here tomorrow and the last one Tuesday morning.

So now I Must do the Christmas cards, I have no further excuses ... I don't know why I am avoiding this task so much, I think I only have about 10 cards to send out, LOL.

Oh, and I realized that the minutes/agenda is only one page so I didn't need to staple anything, hahahahaha. v

I did notice that one of my succulents seem like it was loosing too many leaves and I touched the dirt and it was like cement. So I have it soaking in the sink, need to clean the window sill where it lives and then put it back.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, December 17, 2023 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Our totalcollecion for the tip fund was $16,600 from just about 100 residents! I would guess we have about 30 people recieiving them! I think the tips started at about $600 for the highest! Almost all of the staff here are TERRIFIC!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 18, 2023 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
https://www.flylady.net/d/zones/zone-3/

Today is Home Blessing Day ... Ihave a few things to do, LOL.

Mission -- declutter the master bedroom. I just need to do the detail dusting in bedroom.

Running late today, I just felt so tired. Maybe because it has felt so hectic last week and into the weekend. I was happy to grab my yogurt and newspaper and go back to bed. Then I fell asleep for a nice nap.

Just starting thru email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 18, 2023 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, TNT, that seems awfully high ... $166 per person. HOw much is Assessed? Ours is all donation. We ended up with $6975 and our tips ranged from $75 to $400 for the 23 employees. The one gal who has only been here a 7weeks got $75, and the more full time employees (I determined we don't have any 40 hour per week employees) got $400.

I thought we did pretty good, but now I am writing a procedure so that the next board has more instruction on how it should go.

Like we found out there is an Employee Lunch / Christmas get together and it happened before we had the money ready. So next year I will find out when it is scheduled and we can set all our deadlines around that date.

Plus I asked how did they give out the money and no one had a clue. So I said I guess we can stick it in Christmas cards, so we got some and signed it 'Thanks from the Residents', and put the money in there.

I still have 3 cards to hand out. Two will be at dinner tonight and the final one will be at Breakfast tomorrow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 18, 2023 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Two cards delivered when I picked up my dinner .. and I decided to decorate the cardboard box containing the one present I didn't have the girl scouts wrap.

It was too big, so now it has a drawn Christmas tree on the side, LOL.

Nothing else that has to be done except the Christmas cards!!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, December 18, 2023 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I said that I had heard about assesssments. Our was 100% donations. The distribution was by length of serice and hours worked.

A lovely thing happened to me today at Walmart. I absolutely refurse to self-checkout! So I got in line ast one of the two human being checkers. The couple in front of me had two loaded carts which didn't bother me as the bus wouldn't return for another half hour or so. The lady kept trying to pile her stuff up on the conveyor belt to make room for mine, but I told her to relax as I wasn't in a hurry! They paid with acombination of gift cards and charge card which also took a while. As they left the guy tossed a bill on the counter. I thought "how nice to tip the hard-working checker." She rang up my items and I asked her what I owed. She picked up the bill and said your things are paid for! And I got several dollars and change back.

I need to figure out how to pass the blesssing along -

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 18, 2023 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
That’s pretty cool!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 18, 2023 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, LOL, apparently we had someone who gave a check for $365. I thought that was cute, and easy way to decide how to donate. Then we had another person who gave $15.

We do have some low income apartments so they can't give as much. I try to give 10% of my rent.

But I learned a lot this year on how to make it work easier next year. I am encouraging the monthly payment plan, and I am hoping we have a full complement of residents.

I think we did pretty well this year considering we had about 25 empty apartments.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 18, 2023 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, that was really nice TNT.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 18, 2023 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got my 5 Christmas cards addressed and stamped. I normally send more, but since I have been having a problem getting this done I wondered why. After I thought about it for a while I decided maybe I just didn't want to send out cards to people that I don't think appreciate or want them.

So I picked the ones I wanted to send out and I am sending an email card to some of the others.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 18, 2023 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's nice TNT, must have been a surprise!

A friend had a slightly different shopping related story the other day. The woman in front of him had $50 on a card to buy her groceries, but when they rang everything up it got to $55, and she didn't have any cash. He offered for her to use his clubcard on her purchase, which should bring her bill below $50, which it did, it brought it down to $46.

As she couldn't get change on the card she was using, she would waste the $4, so told him to put $4 of his stuff in her cart to bring it up to the full $50, which he did.

So he intended to do her a good deed, but then ended up getting $4 of stuff free, and felt bad about it! But she did get $55 of stuff for $50, so they both seemed like winners to me.

Technically the store lost $9 though...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission
https://www.flylady.net/d/zones/zone-3/

It's planning day ... Menu planning
Activities planning
Date Night and Family Fun Time planning
Wardrobe planning
Checking prescriptions to see what needs to be refilled

AND .. Accessories can contribute to some of the biggest clutter problems! Take 10 minutes and purge your jewelry boxes, chest, whatever.

Somehow I seem to have caught a cold last night, LOL. About midnight I noticed my throat was feeling scratchy and my head seemed a little congested, my temp was a little bit higher than normal, took some advil.

This morning I woke up about 4am and couldn't breathe, well I was just congested I could breathe. Took more advil and just sitting up did clear some of the congestion. Still feel a bit "off"; must be "sick day" time, LOL.

Thankfully I don't really have anything on my plate today. Just need to get ready for Housekeeping tomorrow which means I need to take out the boxes, and recycling.

Went down for breakfast because I had to hand out the last card ... had some oatmeal and toast, taking some meds now and then going back to bed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru my pile of mail and I finished my Chistmas Cards, LOL -- turns out I only did 5 this year.

For some reason I decided I needed to clean out my desk drawer, oh yeah, I was looking for stamp, LOL. Anyway, I washed the organizer and then but most everything back with some things going to a better place for them.

so the only other chores on my list is to take out the newspapers and boxes to recycling.

Oh and I edited the Newsletter, for some reason we are having a hard time getting this one done this month.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Went to put away some of the stuff from the desk drawer and ended up cleaning up the bathroom, LOL.

I needed to dustbust and do some cleanup on the litter box and litter rug so that when I pick it up to move it tomorrow I don't have too much loose litter on it.

So that led to dustbusting the floors and dusting the cabinet fronts, I noticed they were looking a little dusty from the litter dust.

Now working on the boxes and did I mention I ran the dishwasher this morning? I need to unload that as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, I got these new flashlights from QVC called TripleLite. Man are they bright. I realized when we had our power failure that the old flashlights I had barely threw out much light, even tho they were quite good when I got them about ten years ago!

If we ever have another power failure I will be able to light up the world, LOL.