TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 01, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through July 01, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 23, 2023 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, too funny Juju. That is a good guess, but they can't get to the back of my printer. That is what is so odd about it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 23, 2023 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Today is finish up in the bedroom, clearing any piles at the end of the bed or on the bed.

I had Resident Council today and I had to summarize the survey responses before the meeting. Got that done and printed up 20 copies to take to the meeting. Not one person took a copy!!!

Thank goodness the meeting is over. I met with the Activities Director and solved one problem already so we all look good.

Now I am working on email and twitter.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, June 23, 2023 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Tomorrow will be six months to the day since the kitchen was destroyed! The kitchen and wait staffs have been nothing short of heroic. I will also give us, the residents, a little pay on the back as complaining has been minimal considering a bunch of old folks!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Have fun with the family ...

I have already been out to breakfast, watered the plants, and got the comforter and 2 loads of laundry going.

We took the cans over to recycling. My sister sort of shamed me and said, is this it?, LOL. And once we got there I saw what she meant. WE made $627 for 3.8 lbs of cans. I think if we made a place to put them and maybe took them every couple of months it might be a feasible fundraiser. So I will try to figure that out. I don't mind storing them on my balcony if the community container gets full, so that might work.

I was amazed at the number of bags people were bringing in. So now I need to search out a recycle bin that would look nice in the common area.

So glad to get my laundry going and now I am going to do my normal morning chores, clean the kitty boxes, fed Nala some yogurt, read the paper and clear my email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Laundry is done!!! I still want to know why dirty laundry seems to be heavier than clean laundry. I am sure it is just an illusion, LOL, but that is how it seems to me.

It is always easier to bring the clean laundry down than to take the dirty laundry up.

Now to relax for the rest of the day. The line dry stuff is all out drying and I just need to pull out the hanging stuff to put away. The folding stuff can wait a bit.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 25, 2023 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday .. a day for reflection and kindness

It is starting to look more like summer, was really wintery earlier. Just made some coffee and working on email.

Dustbusted the bathroom and have been reading the paper.

Oops, that should say $6.27 not 6 hundred, LOL, that would have been a really good recycling, LOL.

After brunch I will do a few chores, need to do a little cleanup in the kitchen and put away the winter comforter.

I did get all the clothes put away, and now I just need to match up all the dry socks and put them away. Not having any socks, when it has sort of turned cold, was one of the reasons laundry became more urgent,LOL.

Off to work on email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

We have moved to the living room, time to put out any "hot spots" there. And today is Home Blessing Day.

I just finished cleaning up my kitchen, took about 5 minutes, loaded up the dishwasher, cut/recycled the yogurt containers, made my coffee and cleaned a couple of containers out of the fridge.

Now I am working on email and tvch, while I finish my Day Drinking Podcast and play Seekers Notes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Comforter has been put in it's bin to wait it's turn this winter. Cleaned up the balcony a bit.

Unpacked my new shirt, it's so cute!! And I put away the new popcorn that I received. Just need to dustbust the living room where Sylvester knocked a candle down and it made a mess. It is beeswax so it left little crumbs all over the floor.

Just balanced my checkbook and transferred money around so we will be ready to pay rent next week.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Our kitchen has officially reopened! We had mimosas at breakfast and wine at dinner to celebrate!!!

After six months of scrambled eggs we finally have eggs to order for breakfast. I was thrilled to have my two "over easy" eggs this AM!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Today we plan for the day and do a detail dusting of the living room, including all the knick knacks!

So far I haven't done much, it's a bit chilly so I am trying to enjoy my hot coffee!!!

Working on clearing email and twitter.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Congrats Tnt on the dining situation. What a hassle that must of been for everyone from the residents to the cooking staff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
TNT, So great that the kitchen is back... can't wait to hear about your dinner options in the dinner thread, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

I am running a bit behind this morning, today is clean out the cushions of the sofa and chairs.

I got the dishwasher running earlier this morning, so that is done. Coffee has been brewed and I am enjoying it now. Cleaned the kitty boxes and now I need to do the dustbusting.

But for now I am working on email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
First run thru email done, kitty boxes are cleaned and the old kitty litter bagged and taken to the trash.

Now I will go check on twitter and do the detail stuff in email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally done with twitter, back to email to see if anything new popped up.

Then I think I will go do some dustbusting and I need to play my solitaire game.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursdays' Mission

Today is errand day, and time to do a detailed vacuuming of the living room, up against the baseboards and under the furniture where possible.

I go the dishwasher unloaded and all the dishes put away - they dried quickly, and yesterday I did get the dustbust done for the bathroom.

Got my list for the day and now enjoying my coffee and working on email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just had a little excitement, a bird flew in ... see the Right Now Thread. So that got the blood flowing. Caused me to think about the fact it is going to get hot today, so I adjusted the blinds so the sun doesn't get too hot in here.

Also turned on the ceiling fan. So far it is still pretty cool, I did leave everything open over night so it was only 65 when I got up.

Got email done, scheduled a couple of dr appointments, paid my health insurance bill and set up my van ride for tomorrow to have Chinese food at Yans.

Back to clearing twitter.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Just curious - and definitely NONEof my business - but I get freem cable TV and wifi here. Does you place provide that? Apparently some do and some don't in this area - That saves me almost $300 a month so is a nice perk!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes, we do have free cable and WiFi, saves me a lot of money as well. That was one of the things I was pleased about here.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 30, 2023 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Today we declutter the car and purse, then we clean up any hot spots in the living room. I am lucky not to have any of those, they usually occur in the bedroom and kitchen, LOL.

Getting ready to go out for Chinese. We are having a bit of a problem with water, LOL. First Nala tried to jump on the bathroom counter, she missed and landed in the water bowl! So I grabbed some towels and cleaned that up, then after I got out of the shower and was drying my hair I accidentally dropped the towel into the water bowl! So I cleaned that up and threw the towel over the shower to dry. Too funny.

So now I am doing make-up, clearing email and first I am going to quick go make some coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 30, 2023 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yummy Chinese food!! Now I need to play my computer games, I haven't played any all day.

I did get to read the paper while I was waiting for my friend at the restaurant, oh and I had a fabulous Margarita!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 30, 2023 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Went to get some ice for my drink and I am amazed how ice shrinks, I don't think I have put ice in a drink in at least 8 months, not since last May, LOL. So I dumped what was left in the trays, hardly any ice, and refilled them all since we are going up to 100 tomorrow!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 01, 2023 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

It's have fun with your family today!!

So far just grabbing some yogurt and I don't have a Paper!! I hate when this happens, need to make a phone call and see if we can get a delivery.

Not sure what I will do today, it is going to be very hot and I am trying to see if I can just use my fans instead of closing up the house and turning on the AC.

Got the new calendar so I need to review that and figure out my plans for the month.

Guess I will just go have some yogurt and phone in the paper problem.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 01, 2023 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cleaned the oscillating fan and got it running in the living room. Then I went out on the balcony to fix the netting that had come loose from the upper corner. I put some tape on the edge because it looked like it was tearing away from the nails, so that worked and then one magnet was left (this is netting from one of those magnet closing screens that didn't work for me) and I popped that up on the flashing above the storage room door and it attached. Didn't even think of that, so now the netting has been repaired.

I did take some of the flowers off the geranium and grabbed the watering pail so I can water all the plants out there.

Now I am enjoying my coffee and playing Junes' Journey, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 01, 2023 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bought some garland and a flag for my fall decor in the hallway. Now I have all the seasons covered, so now I just have to find a box that can store the spring/summer stuff, LOL.

Also did my Safeway order, I am low on litter so it was a good time to get a Sunday Morning order, and I finished my Day Drinking Podcast.