TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 08, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through July 08, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 02, 2023 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday!! A Day to lay low and stay cool.

Nothing planned but brunch, drinking water, the activities meeting at 1.30 and possible dinner plans around 5ish.

Safeway delivery should be here any minute and I got the Saturday and Sunday paper to work my way through.

I will be glad when we are back to the high 70's and 80's temps. I need to find out when my PG&E cut off is, I want to see how much the AC unit impacts the usage. I think I have moved into a new billing period so I can turn on the AC if I get too hot.

Or I can just take my tablet out and sit in the hallway seating area and use their AC, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 02, 2023 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
closed up the house and turned on the AC. I need to go and get Nala out of the outside storage unit so I can go down to brunch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 02, 2023 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, Nala telling me off. I went to get her and she was already out on the chair and mad at me for the door being closed, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 02, 2023 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting ... I have a bill for 4/26 to 5/24, $62.56; and I just got notified that the next bill is $64.56 which would be for 5/25 to 6/24 (I think). Now during this time I did use my personal heater alot at nighttime and we did have cooler temps during this time.

Since they screwed up my bill for 6 months from May to December I can't really compare them but we shall see how the next bill is since I will probably be running the AC unit more.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, July 02, 2023 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
All my utilities are included here, as they were in my other apartment. Back when I had my big - nearly 3000 sq ft - I had sky high electric (AC) bill in the summer and sky high gas (furnace) bills in the winter!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 02, 2023 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That is nice, the only thing not included here is the electric, which was probably smart. But you can easily not use AC here if you just use fans and then go to the hallway sitting areas, or the living room / dining room / activity room and enjoy the AC there.

They keep it pretty cool, I usually have a light jacket / cardigan when I go to the dining room, LOL>

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 03, 2023 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Today is Home Blessing day and working on the entry way and kitchen areas.

This really works for me today. I sort of let the kitchen get a bit out of hand and I have visitors tomorrow. So far I have loaded up the dishwasher, gathered trash and started refilling the water bottles. Also made some coffee.

Not planning to go out today unless my friend calls and wants to go to dinner. We were going to go yesterday but we were both tired and not really hungry LOL.

Off to grab my coffee and get busy with the email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 03, 2023 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Doing a tab more cleaning than I had planned, LOL. I did dustbust the bathroom, that's normal, but I decided to move the office litter box and clean under it.

That was pretty simple, just pulled it out, got a different litter rug from the balcony, then swept and bona mopped the floor. Put the litter rug down and moved the litter box back into place.

BUT I noticed that my wheels on the office chair were leaving tracks because they had "litter dust" on them. So then I had to wash the base of the chair and wash each of the wheels. Finally I had to mop the floor where they had left trails, LOL.

All the water bottles are refilled and back in the fridge so that's done. The kitchen looks good, so only thing left is to sweep the kitchen and living room.

All the new boxes of litter have been put away. Still have a couple of soda bottles to refill and I need to take out recycling and trash.

I noticed the magnet on the netting came away from its spot so I need to move it and maybe put another nail in the netting but Nala decided to flop down for a nap right where I need to stand. So that is delayed a bit.

Back to clearing email! Oh and I have the watering pail filled so I can take it out to water the balcony plants.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 03, 2023 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmm, in clearing email I had one from Kaiser. Apparently I get $60 per quarter I can spend on OTC stuff. I was looking at purchasing a compression wrist glove and I got one for them without paying a thing. I also got some socks and pill container. I did noticed that one of my pill containers is old looking.

So email is done. Now twitter, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Happy 4th of July -- Tuesday

Been busy all morning so just getting here. Our BBQ started at 2pm, just waiting for my sister to arrive.

I have done some neatening / cleaning up, just little things here and there.

Got my "Sister List" ready to go and I got down the basket with stuff for her to take away.

Once it is all over I will get back to my normal stuff and then have to get ready for Housekeeping tomorrow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sister took out all my recycling and trash!! YEAH!! And the bbq was really good!!

Now I am ready for a nap and to not do any chores for the rest of the day.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
When we re-opened out kitchen, I remarked that perhaps it would be! Talk about a crisis!

As best I understood the problem: Water is heated and comes in through aa pipe to the two separate brewpots (regular and decaf.) The leak was in the delivery system so that knocked out both pots! We have 24-hour coffee/tea stations on every floor so not many folks have coffee pots in their apartments.

At length a repair-person was located in Columbia 25 - 30 miles south of us. He fixed it today and we had coffee by 2PM.i am surprised that nobody on-staff went out to get a box or two of coffee from Dunkin or Krogers orPublix!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good Greif, Tntitanfan, if its' not one thing it's another. Do you guys have kitchens in your units? This community was an apartment before it was purchased and turned into senior housing, so we have full kitchens. Now while this seems like a good idea some "older folks" shouldn't be allowed in a kitchen, LOL. People keep setting off the smoke alarms because they burn their toast.

I am going to see if I can convince the management to give people a moving in gift of a toaster. It seems the people that burn their toast don't have toasters and are doing it in pans on the stove or in the oven. Not quite sure how that works but they do it.

Most of us have coffee makers in our apartments but they do have coffee and tea in the kitchen/living room available.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was coming to complain about the "fools" that are out setting off fireworks here but then I looked it up and it is a town sanctioned show!

I just hate this time, I worry about fire and how the kitties will react.

I did shut the door to the balcony and the windows in the bedroom, Nala has hidden under the sofa and Sylvester doesn't seem to notice (but I do think he may be getting a bit deaf).

Hopefully it will be over soon and we won't get any idiots setting off other stuff late tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well that was a huge finale, and there seem to be a few still doing fireworks.

BUT ... I hear the several sirens from the firetrucks as well..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep, it happened... seems to be a more rural area not close to me.
KTVU
@KTVUĀ·2m
.@ContraCostaFire says they're responding to a spreading 3-acre grassfire in the area of 1900 Whitecliff Way. No evacuation orders at this time. Fire believed to be from fireworks. AVOID AREA to allow crews to access.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 05, 2023 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Today we clean out the fridge and any other foods that need to go to the trash.

I am getting ready for housekeeping, got the bathroom ready to go and now moving stuff in the living room.

Then yogurt, newspaper and Perry Mason.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 05, 2023 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, just got a really cryptic answer to my housekeeping question. I wonder if someone got fired today. So no housekeeping today and they will call me tomorrow to tell me when I will be getting housekeeping ... very odd.

So most of the stuff that is up off the floor can stay where it is. I will put the kitty scratchers back down and wait to hear what the deal is.

Since I did some cleaning on Monday, not a big deal I just wish they would get the front desk more on top of their job. They should have called me this morning, I shouldn't have had to call them. Of course there could be something odd going on that prevented the phone call, we shall see.

So now I will stop waiting for her and have some lunch, clear some email and do other stuff.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, July 05, 2023 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
The two-bedrooms units have full kitchens. The other units have kitenettes with a full size refrigerator and a good-sized microwave provided. Any other type cooking pplince is fine; you just have to provide it yourself. There are some really BIG toaster ovens that also broil, GF grills, electric skillets, crockpots, hot pots, air fryers, etc in use!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 06, 2023 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand Day and declutter the plastic wrap and foil drawer.

Just got the call that I am on the list today for housekeeping. So I have got the coffee brewing and the kitchen counters cleared. Earlier I got the dishwasher going since I am out of coffee mugs.

My living room comcast is being weird so I need to make a call about that. It says HDMI1 when it turns on and sometimes there is no audio, so that call is on my list.

For now I am going to take the other stuff up off the floor so I am ready for housekeeping then I will work on email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 06, 2023 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Housekeeping has come and gone, I got the bathroom back together, Sylvester has come out but I haven't seen Nala yet, LOL.

Still need to get the living room back in order but I got distracted with twitter. So now having some lunch and clearing email, then I will finish up the living room.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 06, 2023 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The stuff from my special $60 OTC Medicare came. I got a wrist brace, a pill container and some sort of compression socks.

I really like the socks, they feel good and the brace is good for the arthritis in my thumb socket, so I am very happy with this stuff. Only spent $30, so have a bit more to spend.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 07, 2023 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Today we clean out our car and purse, and then check under the kitchen sink to see if it needs decluttering and clean up.

Getting a bit of a late start today, the wind is making it a bit chilly.

Not much on the list for today, I might start working on the RC minutes and I need to make a highlight box for the Newsletter but for now I am off to see what is in email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Today is Fun with Family!!

So I did get started on the minutes for RC, should try to finish that up today.

Time for coffee and clearing email.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Our community is having what is being called a luau, but true southereners would call it a "pig pickin'." This involves a whole hog split from snout to tail and roasted in the barbeque grill. It is them put on a table and folks can pull off what they want of the meat. This is very similar to a "shrimp (or crab) boil" when a huge pot of shrimp/crab is boiled and poured out on a picnic table. Again folks stand around and eat their fills!