TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 17, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through July 17, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, that is cool, it is a for a special holiday or something, OR maybe they are just happy to have the kitchen back, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I have been going back to the early dinner and my "former" dining partner Slav, seems to be mad at me, LOL. He barely acknowledges my presence, LOL. The lady I was trying to fix him up with, that worked, got moved out by her family. They said she couldn't pay to live here and have her 4 bedroom house. I swear some kids are the worst. She probably doesn't want to clean and cook, if she was my Mom I would help her sell so she could live where she wants.

Seems like other ladies have been sitting with Slav, so I have been sitting with Ken - no one sits with him because he is a bit odd, but I don't mind a bit. He eats quickly and leaves so I can read my book.

Anyway so goes the soap opera at our Community, LOL.

I keep forgetting that things I order on Amazon don't come assembled! I ordered a shower bench so I can sit and shave my legs and of course it came today in a box or parts. So I guess I will have to read the directions and see if I can put it together.

Off to check on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 09, 2023 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday !! A beautiful day for reflection and gratitude !!

So far I phone that my paper didn't get here, it's really annoying when the Sunday paper doesn't come, LOL. Then I got the coffee brewing and went out and tacked up the netting AGAIN!

I was thinking maybe a carpet strip or some sort of strip would help to hold that one side in place. We shall see how long this lasts and I will ponder if I have something that would work. I wonder if a cardboard strip would be sufficient. I have plenty of boxes I could cut one from, LOL.

Off to work on email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

It's Home Blessing Day! Not sure what chores will be done, but I am sure a few.

I didn't get around to finishing the minutes so that should be done so I can send it out for editing. I want to get it done early so I can send it for printing. Last time it took a week to get it back so I don't want a problem with that.

For now I am enjoying my coffee and clearing email.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 2:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
The luau is a part of Family Day. Visitors are welcome any time, day or night, every day of the year. This is just a special day to welcome and acknowledge them.

DEFINITELY the kitchen and waitstaff are happy to be back in the building, and we are hhappyto have them!!! There are still glitches. Waitstaff needs more sering etiquette training,etc. but we are seeing progress.

WE could also celebrate having our patio back - it is accessed from inside through the kitchen (formerly closed) and outside from the parking lot (blocked by the 40'foodtruck.

I hope the area is used enough that they willl expand it. We have several four-tops and chairs for dining, several chirs, lovely hanging baskets, and a partially shaded pagoda. We can take out meals out there if we wish. I don't personnly like eating al fresco, but many people do!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

This week we are in the bathroom and today is planning day. It's time to shine the sinks and tubs.

LOL, I guess this means I should put the bath stool together that I purchased. It has been sitting next to my desk haunting me for days, LOL.

For now off to read the paper, have some yogurt, finish off Perry Mason and play a few games.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The last time I ate al fresco was in a park a few years ago and a bird swooped down and took my sandwich right as I was taking a bite. I felt fortunate he didn't hit my eye. I haven't eaten outdoors since, lol!

Good luck with the bath stool Dipo.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good grief, the ophthalmology department sure doesn't want anyone making an appointment, LOL. It seems like they make it harder than necessary, but now I am on hold, and they have terrible music that has a high pitched squeal every now and again.

Just watch, they close at noon, and I have been on hold since 11.50, they will disconnect me, LOL.

Got the kitchen settled, loaded the dishwasher and then refilled 8 water bottles. It is going to be hot today and I didn't realize how many I had built up to be refilled, so that is done.

Now I am working on email, then the minutes and I need to print the newest flyer for Bingo at the Moose Lodge.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, it started to ring thru and I thought maybe someone would answer and then they threw it back to hold. I am going to hang up because I know they close from noon to 1:30 for lunch. I swear they are the worst, no other departments shut down for lunch and leave no one there to handle anything.

I will call back after their lunch hour!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I am on hold at 1.34pm to try and make an eye appointment, LOL. Let's see if I ever get to speak to a person.

In the meantime I will work on my minutes for the last RC meeting.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, it's a miracle, I got an appointment on Thursday! Now why did the website say there were none available. Off to schedule my lab work as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Today work on cleaning out under the bathroom sink and sweeping the garage.

I am expecting someone to come and work on the outlet in my bedroom, it is spongy and the light keeps going on and off, so they will probably need to secure it better.

I also have a haircut planned. I did water some of the balcony plants when I refilled the kitty water containers, need to do the rest.

Completed the RC highlights for the newsletter and I need to find the nomination forms for the Board and then figure out where to put them so people can apply.

For now, working on email and playing some games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 13, 2023 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursdays' Mission

It's Errand day AND declutter the linen closet, get rid of any holy towels by donating them to a animal shelter. Also pick a couple of boxes in the garage and get rid of things you don't need any longer -- donate or trash.

LOL, too funny, I got some new towels not long ago, none of my towels are holy but I wanted some new color in my bathroom.

Yesterday was busy and Today is busy as well... I have diabetic eye photo and lab work today, so I will be hanging out at Kaiser for a while since I couldn't get the two appointments very close together. I forgot to put together my bath bench so I could use it this morning, so maybe I will do that when I get home.

I have loaded up my purse with crosswords, the newspaper and a book, so I should be entertained.

Off to work on email and do my makeup.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 13, 2023 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So annoyed, they made me dilatate my eyes to take the picture. I swear I have had tons of these pictures and never had to before.

But all that stuff is done so we will see what happens next. This dilatation does create problems for what I had planned to do today.

4 to 6 hours before my eyes are back to normal!!!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 13, 2023 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I can almost see well, pupils are still bigger than they should be!

It is really hard to do stuff when your eyeballs are dilated.

For now I am playing computer games and now I will check email.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, July 13, 2023 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
LOL, Dipo. I also have an eye thing I get checked annually, and I always forget about the eye dilation. Luckily I now live under a mile from the doctor's office and could walk home if I needed to.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 14, 2023 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Clean out your purse and car day! Then relax.

I have a ton of chores leftover from yesterday to do before noon, hopefully, since some are outside on my balcony.

But first I am going to have some yogurt and read the paper then I will decide when to turn on the AC unit. I might wait until tonight if the house stays cool enough today.

I already have the dishwasher running to get that out of the way.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 14, 2023 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Juju, I wouldn't have minded so much if they had let me know in advance. I had plans ... that included reading, LOL. So it was annoying to feel like I wasted 4 hours while my eyes readjusted.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 14, 2023 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dustbusted the office and got the trash ready to go out. Nala is sleeping out in the SR so I am waiting on doing my chores on the balcony.

Refilled my pills and got my box of "fall decor" ready to go in the SR.

Finished up the minutes and the agenda for the next meeting.

Now getting ready to go have some dinner and take out the trash and some recycling.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 15, 2023 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturdays' Mission

Have fun and stay cool!!

I grabbed the things out of the storage room that I wanted, my Go bag and the kitty transport box. I realized that my Go bag needs updating and if I need to take Sylvester to the vet I didn't have the box inside. So now both items will live inside.

Watered the plants since it is going up to 101 today. I will turn the AC on a little later for now it is about 75 inside.

I have plenty of inside things to do, but for now I will go have some yogurt. My newspaper isn't here yet so I will have to wait and see if I need to call on that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 15, 2023 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yay!! My paper came!! And now I am going out to lunch for Chinese!! My friend didn't get her chinese fix the other night when we got mexican so called to see if I wanted to get some lunch, LOL.

It's perfect because it's still nice out and I will have leftovers. I wasn't that interested in tonight's dinner except for the dessert.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 15, 2023 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Really yummy Chinese and we watched the Ladies Wimbledon final so that was fun. Then we went for a car wash ... there were lots of very bad drivers out today.

After that we cruised thru the hills of LaFayette and Orinda looking at the mansion houses who were running sprinklers in the middle of the day!!

Finally we hit a donut shop and had a little dessert and I brought home some donuts for the week, well only 3, LOL.

Even tho it is 102 outside the inside of my house is only 82, so no AC needed yet.

Now I will read the paper, play some games, go and check on twitter, see if it working.

Oh and earlier I got the dishwasher unloaded and that stuff put away.

Have enough food I don't have to go down for dinner.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday !! A day to stay cool and relax. !!

Not sure what I will be up to today, hopefully just relaxing with the Sunday paper and computer games. I do have a few things left on my list to do inside, like finish refilling water bottles.

So for now I will just take my paper and yogurt and climb back into bed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I took out the recycling on my way to brunch. Great brunch today! Biscuits and gravy with bacon and fresh fruit!! Yummy mango and watermelon.

Came back and got thru email and twitter, time for a nap or finish the newspaper, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 17, 2023 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

It's home blessing day and we are moving to the master bedroom. Clean out what is under your bed and if there is nothing there then sweep or vacuum it out.

I just have little chores here and there, cleaned up the kitchen a little and refilled the kitty kibble containers.

I am thinking about turning on the AC and letting it run today to cool down the house. I didn't cool off last night so we are starting out at 82.

Off to finish up email and tvch while I enjoy my coffee, then finish the newspaper and play some games.