TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 29, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through November 29, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 20, 2023 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Before I put the vacuum away I vac'd the other litter rug and a door mat that I keep forgetting to have the housekeepers vac. Then I got the vac put away and finished sweeping the closet floor.

Now just waiting for the towel that I used to mop the floor dries so I can put it back into the laundry bin, LOL.

Starting to get cole, need to go just down the balcony.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 21, 2023 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/sp.php#missions

Holiday -- check your Thanksgiving supplies to make sure you have all the things you need.

Today -- Planning day, menu, activities and other things you need to do on errand day. AND .. put away that clothes pile on the chair, edge of the bed, piled in the closet.

So far I unloaded the dishwasher and made my coffee. Also updated my directory with the new move ins, then got all the minutes/agenda stapled. Sent out the email to the people who distribute them and I emailed the 3 people who want them that way.

Did my Safeway order so that is coming tonight.

Time to work on email / twitter and threads.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 22, 2023 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Holiday -- clean / wipe down the kitchen in prep for tomorrow

Today -- clean off the nightstands.

I have housekeeping today. So I have the kitchen stuff put away. I refilled the water bottles and got the coffee going so I could put away the stuff I keep on the counter.

Some of the bathroom is ready to go, but it's time for yogurt and the newspaper.

Oh and I ran out some recycling and trash real quick.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 22, 2023 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oops, Housekeeping came before I got Sylvester his pill so we are going to be off on his timing today!

ACCCK, he just came out of the bedroom, Karin is cleaning the bathroom, so I gave him his pill.

I have been surprised at how often he comes out now when they are here. He will go back under things when she reappears.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 22, 2023 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So floors look great but I always notice that they don't go under my hutch, LOL. So I grabbed my bona mop and bona and mopped under there. I need to remember to ask them to run their mop under there.

Getting the house back together while the kitties roam around sniffing stuff, LOL.

Oh and I did get email done. Now I feel like a nap.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 23, 2023 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Happy Thanksgiving Day, USA ...

Having a lovely brunch with my sister today, then probably just watch the Star Wars marathon!!

I have a few chores to do, like water plants, etc. And I need to prepare for my meeting tomorrow, otherwise, just enjoying the beautiful day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 24, 2023 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Holiday -- Time to switch to Christmas, put away the Thanksgiving and start the Christmas Decor

Today -- Time to change the sheets, and make the bed pretty.

I have the Resident Council meeting today, then I am free for the rest of the week and weekend. Don't even have that many chores on my list.

I do need to water the plants indoor and out and build the kitty condo! That has been on my list toooooo long!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 24, 2023 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Meeting over!! Got some good suggestions but not many volunteers, LOL.

Now I am clearing email and getting caught up on Twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 25, 2023 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... It's a play day ...

So far I have my dishwasher going, watered most of the plants, and have been working on email.

Put together a list of things to do today and I am thinking of ordering a pizza.

Just looking forward to a quiet day at home with my kitties, computer games and some Christmas movies, LOL.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, November 26, 2023 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
"lots of suggestions . . . not maany volunteers" This is the way of the world, isn't it?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 26, 2023 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... Time for gratitude and relaxation ...

Had a lovely brunch now it's time to finish reading the paper and watch some Christmas movies.

I did take out the old cat food and kitty litter.

So funny TNT, I did get two men who volunteered to be the "culinary committee". I feel bad for sic'ing them on Chef, LOL. I did tell them to take into consideration that he has a budget (that has been cut back), prices have escalated and he just got the menu back after the failed corporate experiment to regulate and dictate the menus for all 11 communities.

Hopefully they won't be too demanding. I need to catch up with Chef and tell him to let me know if they get out of hand, but it should be very interesting.

Today my only goal, besides computer games, etc. is to build the kitties cardboard townhouse, it has been on my list too long.

For now, newspaper and coffee.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, November 26, 2023 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
May we expect a townhouse pic?

We have a menu chat - open to all - weekly!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 26, 2023 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, too funny. I took an allergy pill and ended up falling asleep for the afternoon.

Guess I could go start it by punching out all those little oval things that are where you put the pieces together.

Unlike there will be a photo since I have never been able to get one to fit here, LOL.

Just finished cleaning up the kitchen, got the rest of the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded, then restocked my sodas.

Now I need to finish off email, then I will go to the living room and see about the house.

Oh and I have 3 packages I need to open. I really need to figure out which of these things are presents and who they are for, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 26, 2023 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
EMial is done. Opened the 3 packages, 1 was a gift, 1 was my new socks and the other was my Ugly Christmas Sweater, LOL.

I know I have a couple of other boxes around here with gifts in them. I need to get them opened and figure out if I am done shopping.

I have one more thing coming that I got for me, my sister and my friend. Plus it occurred to me that some of the people here might try to give gifts. So I will have something handy that can be for others. Hopefully no one will do that, I hate when people give me stuff. Especially since I don't need a thing.

Off to the living room to open the townhouse box and see what we got, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 27, 2023 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Holiday -- Spend 15 minutes decorating some part of your house. (I am holding off on Christmas decor until Dec 1st). I did like a tip I saw in the newspaper this weekend. It was recommended to pick 3 things to decorate, the tree, the mantle and the front door/porch. You don't have to decorate the entire house.

Then, for example, whatever you take off the mantle to put up Christmas stuff you put in the box the Christmas Decor was in. That way when you take it down next year you just switch the stuff.

Today is Home Blessing Day and clear any hotspots in the living room / declutter in prep for decorations to come.

I didn't get the house started, LMAO, but I swear it will be happening as soon as I get a first run thru email and twitter.

Off to finish working on email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 27, 2023 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru email, balanced my checking account, went to balance / check the second one and can't get in, LOL.

Asked for a new password and now waiting for their email.

I ordered my meal delivered so I don't have to "get pretty" and go down to the dining room, LOL.

I guess it is finally time to go and open the Kitty townhouse box!!!

Oh and I should check twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 27, 2023 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Gave up on getting the reset email from the other bank, tried to sign on again and for some reason it took. So I got that account balanced.

I did get my piles of mail dealt with and so now I am off to deal with the house!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 27, 2023 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy cow, this house is tall, I realize it was two story cat condo house but it didn't correlate in my mind that it would be so tall, LOL.

I was planning on sliding it under the TV table but it is as tall as the TV Table.

So far Sylvester has crawled into the box it came in, which is quite a feat since it is only about 6 inches high, LOL. He did have to army crawl. And he has inspected the lower floor scratcher pads, he sniffed at the second floor but didn't go in.

Nala hasn't seen it yet, can't wait to see what she makes of it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 27, 2023 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahahahaha ... Sylvester found the mouse on a spring on the second floor, promptly "killed" it and brought it to me as a price all the time meowing about his "kill.

I praised him lavishly for catching a mouse!!! (I need to see if I can get the spring off of it).

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, November 27, 2023 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Sylvester certainly wants to take good care of his Mom and see that she is well fed! }

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 28, 2023 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL TNT, he is a funny one.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 28, 2023 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Holiday -- Today you dive into your linen closet, put away the Thanksgiving linens and pull out your Christmas table linens and dish/bath towels and make sure they are ready to go.

Today -- Plan -- Planning means taking time to look at next week and see what we can do to make things easier. AND spend 15 minutes getting anything out of your living room that doesn't belong there.

LOL, I think I am going to have to turn my dining room table again. I had turned it to hold 2 boxes for the kitties to sleep in (they had been fighting over the one), but I forgot the Stocking hooks are on the side I turned away, LOL.

Today I will figure out Christmas presents and get a start on my Christmas cards. Probably dust bust the bathroom and living room, and refill some water bottles.

Time to start the coffee, have some yogurt and read the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 28, 2023 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
While my coffee was brewing I ran out the pizza box and some other trash, then I refilled a couple of water bottles.

Working on email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 28, 2023 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dustbusted the office rug and the kitty litter area, then my new kitty grass came so that led me to cleaning the bar counter, the tray where I keep the kitty grass and the plates the kitty grass sit on. It was all a bit dirty.

Naturally when I put the kitty grass out, Sylvester began ripping some off to eat and promptly dropped it on the floor making a mess on my recently cleaned office rug, LOL.

It's a never ending thing, Oh and he tried to murder a praying mantis, but I got it out of his mouth and put it back out on the balcony on a plant.

Ever sense he "murdered" the mouse in the house he is stalking things to kill, hahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Anti-procrastination day -- guess that means Christmas Cards for me, LOL.

AND it dusting day! Spend 15 minutes dusting the knick-knacks in the living room.

I put the bar counter back together and ended up writing an article about space heaters.