TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 23, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through March 23, 2024 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, March 16, 2024 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I know what you mean! There are several people I see driving here that would scare me if I met them on the road!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 17, 2024 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... Happy St. Patricks Day !!

Many things on the list, when I was opening up the balcony I grabbed all the boxes that had my hallway decor items so I can re-org them into all the boxes I have.

Then I made the coffee and cleaned up the kitchen, restocked the catfood cabinet and refilled 8 water bottles.

Now it's time for yogurt and the paper.

And I am wearing Green so all set for the day!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 18, 2024 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Home Blessing Day .. and we are in the Master Bedroom, Bathroom and Closet. Time to spend 15 minutes getting all the things tossed around back into their proper spots.

I have cleaned kitty boxes, straightened up the kitchen and brewed the coffee. Got a late start to day so off to have some yogurt and read the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 18, 2024 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Working on email, but I did change the wreath to the spring one and pulled over the boxes so I could combine Christmas and Winter Decor into one box. Located the spring box and fall box. So I can at least pull down the winter garlands and put up the spring garlands.

Still working email and twitter in between chores.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 18, 2024 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I am calling it, it is officially spring, I have turned on the ceiling fan because I am hot, LOL.

All the winter decor has been removed from my "hallway porch" and I got all the boxes labeled and put away, watered the balcony plants and took the table runner down (it was white snowflakes).

I even brushed the rug where we had some kitty throw-up, I still need to do a bit of dustbusting and get the spring/summer table runner out.

Almost done with email and working on twiter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 19, 2024 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

It's planning day and time to attack that pile of clothes in the closet, or on the floor, or stacked on a chair. Put them where they belong, the laundry, a dresser, hanging up.

I got the balcony opened up since it is so nice and got sidetracked into sweeping it and flipping an old planter to make a cute table (for cocktails, LOL).

Now I am doing a bit of email then off to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 19, 2024 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, mattress is rotated and I am almost done putting my bed back together. It was a bit challenging and I am not going to do it alone again.... amazing how just a 2 inch change in the height of the mattress makes it so much more difficult to manage.

Then I duct taped the box they like to sit on together, it keeps coming apart. Hmmm ... I just looked over and it is popping off again. I thought duct tape held everything ... a little more tape.

Guess if it comes apart again I will open it and take out the insides and repack it.

Off to grab some coffee and finish putting the bed back together!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 19, 2024 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I gave in and opened the box and repacked it then re-duct taped it and it is all better now.

Finished off email, need to do twitter and hit the showers.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 19, 2024 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Twitter finally done, shower and hair done, dustbusting done, LOL. And now playing computer games and sitting out on the balcony enjoying this beautiful day!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2024 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

It's Anti-procrastination Day ... AND time to clean up the closet floor, organize those shoes, donate those you haven't worn in a year, get rid of the ones that hurt your feet!!

It's housekeeping day for me ... I have the house all ready to go, all the kitty stuff is up all the floor to give a clear shot and cleaning the floors, LOL.

I have the focus group this morning, got all my stuff together even tho I am not sure what the direction of the conversation will be. Some of my comments may be better in a private setting, we shall see.

Off to catch the bus to the focus group.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2024 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good Focus Group meeting, looks like they will take all the info and try to figure out the best way to do meal service. But I told them, when I pay for a meal I like it to be served to me, I don't stand in lines because I can't stand for a long time and if I want self service I will go to MacDonalds or Taco Bell, LOL.

Plus I told them you can't have a fixed menu, no one I know eats at the same restaurant every single day with the same menu. They can have fixed items but they will need other rotating meals.

Then we went right to Town Hall meeting, that was interesting, the same people who complain every month still complain. We did have a few compliments about some of the changes, like paint and new furniture.

I am pooped, haven't even read the paper, I did at least get a quick run thru email and now I am trying to get caught up.

Housekeeping is coming at 2pm, after she leaves I need a nap, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2024 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Housekeeping is done, got the bathroom back together so the kitties have their litter box and water bowl.

Now I just want a nap, LOL!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand Day and time to clean off the nightstands and dust them and the bedroom.

I am working on stapling the minutes/agenda for tomorrow's meeting. Since I got them late from the secretary, they went late to the printer and I didn't get them back until yesterday afternoon. So now they have to get distributed.

I am thinking about not distributing them to anyone except those who attend the meeting, it would cut costs and the distribution hasn't increased attendance so I think it is time to cut the cost.

Also got the kitty boxes cleaned, the balcony opened up and the dishwasher loaded and running.

Back to the stapling, and clearing email!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, got the package open and realized the minutes are only one page and don't need stapling!!

Time for the newspaper and some yogurt. Then I will work on my list, the new one I made this morning, and put together my stuff for the meeting tomorrow.

Since it has been nice out I went to use some ice cubes and found the ones in my holder had all shrunk into almost nothing, LOL. I used them all so now I need to dump and refill all the ice trays to get ready for spring (even tho we are having a storm this weekend)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the hall decorations up, I have some nice spring garlands and a Bunny wreath, so that is done.

Also cleaned out most of the bad stuff in the fridge while I waited for the coffee to brew.

Having some coffee and working on twitter now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email and twitter all done, the minutes got distributed, they made some more changes in the dining room area.

I swear these people get upset about every tiny thing. Background ... quite a few people here have walkers, some really don't need them but are at an age (90's) where thier kids feel better if they have one, just in case. Others really do need them, anyway. When they come to dinner they sit at a table and the servers park the walkers in the living room.

A couple of days ago, the grandson of one of the very elder ladies was trying to find her walker in the "jungle" of walkers in the living room. He didn't know what it looked like, LMAO, and there were so many all crammed together (not the way they normally would park them but we have new living room furniture that takes the space they used to use) that he couldn't find it. After about 20 minutes they found it by looking inside the storage areas and stuff.

So it was suggested that the walkers be parked in the Activities area, which isn't being used during dinner times and has lots of empty areas. A bunch of people got very upset, one said to me "how am I supposed to park my walker over there when I can't walk (she actually has a point since she just got a new knee)". I explained to her it was just like before, she should take a seat and the servers would move the walkers over to the activities area.

This is going to be a problem if they change up the meal service much and get rid of the servers. I don't think they have thought of all the issues they will have if they change the meal service much.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
If it ain't broke ...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 22, 2024 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

It's clean your car and purse day! Plus time to clean off the dresser and any other surfaces in the master bedroom.

I got the dishwasher unloaded and mostly put away, the coffee mug bottoms are drying. Also cleaned up the kitchen, all the old kitty food dumped and those dishes cleaned and put in the dishwasher. Then I brewed some coffee.

I have the Resident Council meeting today, should go quickly and then Dime Bingo. I try to do 3 Bingos just to support the event so it stays (not that I think it would go away but they used to have more participants).

Then I guess I would cork on my list. Haven't gotten to the ice trays yet, LOL.

Off to email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 22, 2024 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Exactly Juju. But this community is the first one that is not an Assisted / Independent Living facility. They like to say their assisted living places have independent living as well (you can't be on the 2nd or 3rd Floor unless you are independent), but they are really geared to assisted. So I think they are struggling to figure out how to best make this work.

I keep trying to explain we are just an apartment complex with amenities of dinner meals, transportation and housekeeping.

For some reason some of these people think they should get Restaurant quality meals for school lunch prices, they are going to run the Dinner Service out of town if they keep up the complaints.

I think the biggest issue is they beat down our Chef and he stopped caring, plus he was dealing with some family issues and is now on paternity leave. I will be surprised if he returns. Many people think the Second Chef, Danny, is a better cook, so he is in charge now and we shall see if they think that in a few weeks.

I like the food, but then again I think Panera food is bland and not that good, and others here think it is the best thing since sliced bread.

That's where the Focus group met, Panera, and I think they want to make the dining room like that, but that's not what I signed up for. I want someone to serve me and take my order, not stand in line to place an order.

Rant over, LOL, off to email and twitter, and curling my hair!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 22, 2024 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good meeting ... then Bingo, I won twice, but it's fun to play and it only costs a dime per card.

I do have a list of stuff to follow up on, LOL! Like why isn't there beer at happy hour. I don't even go to happy hour but this is an important issue, LOL.

Time for me to get caught up on computer games.

OH and we had a little earthquake this morning. I knew it but couldn't find anything on the news, 2.7 in Pleasant Hill which is the town next to us, less than 5 miles away. It was just a quick jolt.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 22, 2024 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I went to a retirees-from-my-job meeting yesterday, and spoke to some people who had recently moved into our area, and they live in a place similar to yours - a high-rise close to SEATAC. Independent living without a meal plan, but the option to eat in the facility dining room on a pay as you go basis. They said the food is fine, although not what they would choose if they were eating at a restaurant.

I was asking them about their place. Husband (the retiree from my job and assumed Bigdog was the retiree, not me) said there was a buy-in amount that will pass to the heirs upon death of the occupants, and then they pay $4000 a month for their 1 BR, 2 BA, plus den 1030 sq. ft. apt..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 23, 2024 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting Juju, that is how I feel. I once heard a saying ... Some people live to Eat and others Eat to Live.

I think I am a eat to live because I enjoy most food and am not a picky eater (other than those things that give me heartburn).

When I go out to a restaurant I have very different opinions, I am there to have really good food.

I am hoping they don't change everything so much that I feel I need to move, I do really like my apartment.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 23, 2024 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday .. It's Play Day!!

Got the balcony opened up, both kitties looked out there and said Nope, and went back to nap on the bed, LOL. It is pretty wet out there.

I don't have anything urgent on my list, Bingo at 1:30pm and that's about it.

Off to have some yogurt and read the paper.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, March 23, 2024 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I pay $4300+ for one bedroom. That is close to the top of the market, but we have an excellent activities schedule, transportation service, and outstanding 24-7concierge services! The food service needs a llot of improvement,but hopefully the new chef will bring that!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 23, 2024 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I won twice at bingo but it is fun to chit-chat with the others. I get good ideas when I am just trying to find numbers on a card, LOL.

Not sure what else I ended up doing, oh yeah I took out some trash on the way to bingo, LOL.