TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 08, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through August 08, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 31, 2023 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

It's Home Blessing Day, and I have a few areas I need to deal with.

I plan to break down my boxes and at least get them outside the trash room. We still have the fans going strong on the carpet from the sprinkler break. Also need to water plants.

I put away all the dishes and I am expecting some new grass from Pet Express. Also need to try and get an appointment for Sylvester.

For now it's time to read the newspaper, have some yogurt and clear my email and do a quick check of twitter!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 31, 2023 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So my internet went out at 3pm, so I called and asked if someone was working on it and Linda said no. And I said so what is wrong and she said they don't know. So I said then someone is working on it? And she said Oh, I guess so.

This does not lead me to believe that there is someone actually working on it. So I am giving them til tomorrow morning. I am now on a $20 xfinitywifi deal for $20.

So now I need to clear 100 emials and then see what else is going on.

It is really weird not having internet. I still have my modem and wifi router so I may need to look into how I could hook that up and get internet coverage separate from the community.

I just don't want to have to pay for something that is included in my rent.

Off to email.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, July 31, 2023 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dipo, if you have an Xfinity account, you can look in your available wifi networks and see if there is an unsecured xfinity wifi network available. Some years ago, maybe 10, Xfinity did this little trick where they took a tiny bit of bandwidth from each customer and glommed it together, and made it so Xfinity customers could get free wifi while away from home. It works pretty well, as long as you are trying to use it in a fairly densely populated area where there are enough Xfinity customers to steal from. I don't use it frequently and not for very long at a time, since it is unsecured. But I will chance it if I really have to get something done. You log in with your Xfinity login username and password.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 01, 2023 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I remember that Juju, I think that is what I am using now, LOL. And get an update from the management on our Wifi.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 01, 2023 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Clean up the piles by the front door, get rid of junk mail and clean up any "hot spots" in the dining room.

Well I do need to run the boxes and stuff piled at my entrance out, so I will do that today.

For now I think I want to check the news and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 01, 2023 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Had an activities meeting that was great, they just forgot to put the culinary forum on it. I want to bring up some new menus for that (from the old ones I have from last year).

Got an appointment for Sylvester. I realized when I was being critical of someone else for not identifying a problem with their pet that I was being hypocritical. So they had one tomorrow at 3pm and then nothing until the 20th, so I took it and then figured out how I am going to get him there.

He yowls the entire way and he is the only kitty I have ever had do doesn't become docile when the vet appears. Anyway that is done.

Then I went and dustbusted the bathroom, took out some boxes and now as I head out for dinner I am taking some recycling.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 01, 2023 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And the Internet is back!! Now I can sign up for my BB live feeds, I didn't want to do anything that involved credit cards or banking while I was on the other internet.

I did take out a box of newspaper and some trash. Moved my dental appointment to September. I have an article I went to put together about recycling. AND I need to figure out if we have anyone who could be our Election Manager. I always had a project manager who dealt with this stuff at the condo, so I don't know who should be in charge of it here.

Guess I will do some research and see if there is any quideance on Google, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 02, 2023 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesdays' Mission

Check the walls and windows in the dining room, wipe out those smudges. Do the Front door too and don't forget the door jams.

Just rode my bike, I want to get it back into my routines, I feel better when I ride it every day. Got the coffee brewing, working on email.

So nice to have the community internet back, I was able to go and get my live feeds for tonight.

Guess I need to go schedule the rent payment and see what else is going on in my bank account.

Time to grab the coffee and finish up email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 02, 2023 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
We are heading out to the vet here pretty soon, need to figure out where Sylvester is right now.

He has been sticking around pretty close to me, so that is good. Ahh, there he is in the ddoorway, I have to put him in the box (that he jumped into earlier this morning) in about 10 minutes then rollie him out to the lobby.

I hope he isn't too loud with his crying.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 02, 2023 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, we are back!! And too funny now Nala is sitting in the carboard cat carrier.

Sylvester was the hit of the hallways and lobby with his crying, and now has to take pills for his thyroid. Hopefully that will help him gain back the weight he lost. He only weighed 9.5 lb and I know he was over 10 before. So I will call the old vet and see what his weight was then.

Now I am cooling off from our journey and then will go down to dinner.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 03, 2023 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand Day, LOL, I got my errands done yesterday and I am looking forward to a lazy day. It's also clean up the entrance and get rid of stuff. Did a bunch of that yesterday too!

I cleaned up the kitchen and got the dishwasher running, Sylvester has been going thru a lot of plates so I figured I would run it even tho it isn't totally full.

No meetings or trips today so I will probably just do odd jobs here and there.

I did water the plants yesterday, need to finish that up today. I was surprised to see some droopy plants since it hasn't been that warm lately. Anyway I need to think about the Can storage. I moved a bunch out to the big bag. My friend offered me a big trash can, I might have to take her up on that.

I haven't received my rent billing, I am expecting to have a couple of extra charges but I did transfer money today to cover rent, so that is done.

For now, just clearing email, catching up on Big Brother.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 03, 2023 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, that was a long update by Taran, hope that they can be shorter as we go forward, LOL.

Just working on all the little projects I have. I got my last group of tops ordered, some for the fall, and everything fits great. Wearing one for the rest of the day because I am a bit chilly.

I notified the front desk that my screen fell off. Surprised that they haven't grabbed it to fix as of yet. And now I am working on my Chewy stuff, I got a box to open and I want to go and see how much Sylvesters meds will be from them.

Also drafted a letter to the Newsletter Chairperson, he wants to quit and I want him to stay. I was thinking we should separate the Newsletter from the Communication Committee and just have him be the editor/publisher.

Off to hang up my new shirts and put a new hook up for the scarves. I have had two of the command hooks fall down, the see thru ones, so going to put up solid one, they seem to be staying up with no problem.

And then I will get my Chewy box open and put away.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 04, 2023 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Clean out that purse and car, then do the cobwebs in the dining room, and don't forget the light fixture.

LOL, I need to do this, I was noticing some cobwebs in the corners of my windows. I don't mind the spiders as long as they stay up high, otherwise the kitties will eat them. LOL.

Not sure what chores will get done, maybe I should do a load of laundry or just do all the RC stuff and get that out of the way for the month. I do need to do my nomination form and figure out who should be in charge of gathering them.

I guess I need to think about it a bit more so off to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 04, 2023 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So frustrating... my living room cable box won't come on and now Comcast has it set up where you have to go thru all this trouble shooting stuff before you can get a real person. I managed to get thru that and they did the same troubleshooting and now I have to wait an hour before they will acknowledge this box is broken!!

Thankfully the TV in the bedroom is working fine. I do recall that there was a problem when they installed this one in the living room. So sometime around noon I think we might get some resolutions.

For now I am thinking of ordering a door dash, I saw "fried okra" on the food channel and have been wanting some. My sister was supposed to come tomorrow and I was going to suggest we go to Huckleberry's but now she has a tooth issue so probably isn't coming.

Guess I will stop thinking about it and go order.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 04, 2023 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Fabulous food from Huckelberry, but oh my, that chili is spicy, LOL.

Finally got my cable box working. Had to call again and they did all kinds of things and the screen finally said 'check power to device' so I went and was running my hand along the power cord to make sure I unplugged the correct one and all of a sudden it came on. There is a little power device that the box is connected to that has a cord that plugs in. I think there might be a connection issue there. But it is working now and I know what to check in the future. Still very annoying!

Trying to get caught up on mail, twitter and big brother.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 05, 2023 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission -- Have Fun --

Getting caught up on BB, clearing email, trying to listen to the Day Drinking podcast before I get to invested in BB.

Maybe I should do laundry, maybe that should be tomorrow and I can do the Resident Council stuff.

I do need to get my BigBrother stuff set up, I got my new ink so I got my cheat sheet set up so I can try to figure out which ones are which. Need to figure out my trashdraft picks.

Then I can write up the minutes for RC and see if I can find a Election Manager.

Off to twitter to grab some BB tweets.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 05, 2023 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Caught up on BB, twitter and now I am headed to work on email.

Then I need to water the plants.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 05, 2023 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Took out 2 bags of kitty litter and one bag of trash, then called Comcast again.

I have one channel that will not come in, so I just spent some time while they re-sent the signal and said all the channels should be back by and hour and they will call to check.

So I asked if the little power box should be sitting in the window getting hot in the sun (where the installer put it) or if I should move it out of the sun. I am thinking that that may effect things, so now it is sitting on top of the kitty tunnel box, LOL, out of the sun. The cord isn't long enough to go to the floor, so maybe that will help.

Now I am going to go water plants.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 05, 2023 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Filled up the watering pail then got distracted and cleaned up the kitchen by loading up the dishwasher and refilling some water bottles.

Now I am going out to the balcony and water the plants.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 06, 2023 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday -- A day for reflection and relaxation --

Going to be a hot one so I got an early start. Cleaned up the kitchen and I did water the plants yesterday.

No big plans for the day, I guess I will do BB and RC stuff to get a head start on that.

Need to call Comcast and tell them that whatever they did didn't work because I still can't get one channel in the living room.

Showered and hair is up in curlers, LOL, so now it's time to get the coffee going.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, August 06, 2023 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
It is isn't one problem w/Comcast, it is another!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 06, 2023 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, yep Tntitanfan, but they are helpful and are sending someone out on Tuesday to replace the box. And I have to say that I haven't had much of an issue until they insisted on "upgrading" me to the new system they have put into place.

It is so funny because I didn't realize that they update it every night around 3am. I woke up once and the TV said they would be updating in 5 minutes.

Getting hungry need to go check what I have in the fridge.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 07, 2023 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Home Blessing Day !!! I really need to sweep/mop my office. AND we are in the kitchen ... look for dustbunnies and cobwebs on and above the cabinets.

I have a list of things to work on, maybe a load of laundry and other stuff.

For now I am going to have some yogurt and read the newspaper. Oh and turn on the AC unit!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2023 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Make plans for the week and errand day, then in the kitchen wipe down the cabinet doors. Hmmm, I should do this one.

Wow, I thought I did a bunch of stuff yesterday but I see no updates, LOL. Guess keeping up with Big Brother kept me busy.

I just cancelled my Comcast appointment because the one channel I wasn't getting is working today. So I guess the box doesn't need to be replaced and I don't want to be charged for a visit.

Just realized I need some yogurt, so I am off to make a Safeway order. Hopefully I can get a delivery for tonight since I have housekeeping tomorrow.

Clearing email and doing a Safeway order.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2023 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Safeway order is done and I refilled the water bottles while my coffee brewed.

I am working on getting the house ready for housekeeping tomorrow. That means I need to clean the office kitty box area, but first I have to go on the balcony and sweep it so I can take a brush out and clean the other kitty rug. I need to scrub it with water and then let it dry. It's not really dirty so much as litter dust has gathered in all the nooks and crannies.

Also want to take the recycling and trash out. Guess I will go put the kitty carrier away and sweep the balcony.