TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 27, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through January 27, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 20, 2023 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Load number 2 in the dryer, got a better one, but it seems like the first one may have dried the clothes well.

Timer and light switch have been cleaned. Socks are hanging to dry on the bed frame, LOL, and microfiber rags are drying throughout the kitchen and office.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 20, 2023 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Laundry is done and in the house, LOL. Having some lunch now, listening to my podcasts, clearing email and twitter.

I am done!! Showering will be next, I feel pretty smelling from running up and down the stairs.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 21, 2023 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Beautiful day ... off to breakfast with my sister then maybe a few chores around the house.

So far I have dustbusted the bathroom and swept the office floors.

Clearing email and then will work on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 21, 2023 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I mentioned to my sister that I wanted to clean out re-org my freezer so she went right there and starting checking dates and throwing stuff away, LOL.

So that takes one more thing off my list AND I do have ICE CREAM !! I just put it on my list because I thought I didn't have any.

She also got the dustbuster's hung on the walls, so that is done.

I had a great breakfast, have a bit of leftovers, I can have them tomorrow! I need to really plan my meals since I have so many leftovers!

Anyway, my legs are really tired from running up and down the stairs yesterday. I need to be sure to ride the bike tomorrow.

Oh and the watch repair guy didn't have a watch band for me, said I would probably have to order it online, darnit! So I will try that. Sisters' fitbit is charging and I can try it, but I am concerned that I will have an issue because it is a neoprene watch band.

Now I just want to put on my jammies, get back into bed, read the paper, play computer games and take advil, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2023 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday !! A beautiful day for thinking.

Not sure what I will do today, my back is bothering me so I put on my brace and my thighs are still sore from running up and down the stairs so much on Friday.

Probably should ride my bike at some point today, I need to get my legs and knees back into shape.

For now, grabbing some coffee, reading the paper and playing Seeker's Notes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2023 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I found a use for my one remaining red tin "popcorn" bucket! Just cleaned it out and put my snack nuts in it. I bought a bunch to try because I liked the raw almonds I had previously purchased. They are a great small snack, so now they have a place to be, on the floor by the desk but hidden away.

Also got all my other packages opened up and I took the recycling out when I went down to brunch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2023 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and I don't know if I mentioned it but a while back I was trying to find a bottle of pills that got knocked to the floor (thank you Nala) and for some odd reason my nightstand lamp stopped turning on.

It is on a timer so I couldn't figure it out, I pulled the chair out to get to the plug and checked it and everything was fine. I finally figured it out, somehow the time had moved! Now how this happened is beyond me since I hadn't touched it and I don't think the kitties current favorite sleeping spot behind the chair could have done it. But it the current time was opposite what it should be.

So I reset it to the correct Am/Pm, and now the lamp comes on and turns off when it is supposed to. I was having to manual turn it off, which isn't a big deal but I couldn't figure out what was wrong, thought maybe the timer was bad, it is pretty old.

So that mystery is sort of solved. Still no idea what happened to change it, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 23, 2023 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Not much on my list, maybe it's time to work on taxes!

Got the balcony opened up so the kitties can enjoy the sunshine and I am off to read the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 23, 2023 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Went to sweep the kitchen, office, living room and my broom wasn't where it lives. I looked all over and couldn't figure out what the heck had happened to it. So I went over when the last time I saw it was... my sister used it to get the pills out from under the bed. I looked there and didn't see it, looked in the closet looked all over and determined the only place it could be is under the bed.

AND IT WAS, my sister got the pills, got up and forgot to bring the broom back, LMAO. It was pretty far under and I had a little trouble maneuvering it back out. I thought I was loosing my mind, it is not small, quite tall so I just couldn't figure out how it could hide unless it was laying down on the ground.

Thank goodness, I have now swept the kitchen and office. Noticed that it was sweeping that good so I pulled off the microfiber pad. Need to get a new one so I can finish sweeping the living room.

Grabbed my coffee while thinking this problem thru, so now I will enjoy it and clear my email. Refilled my coffee container and grabbed my pills to restock that as well.

Guess I will print off my tax stuff from email while I am there.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 23, 2023 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Took out the newspapers and finished sweeping the living room. Couldn't figure out where the mess on the floor came from then remembered my sister tried to open a kitty scratcher pad and dumped a bunch of catnip on the floor. I showed her the proper way to open it, just didn't realize how much had fallen out.

Email is cleared, printed my TD Ameritrade tax doc so I have the numbers so they can import it. Now working on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 23, 2023 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Entered my tax stuff and filed that away. Still need quite a few documents before I am done.

Dustbusted all the stuff I swept up. Off to twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 24, 2023 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

So annoyed, I am trying to get this Fitbit set up and first I got scammed into setting up an app that wasn't real. Thank goodness Discover declined the charge that tried to go thru. Then I realized I should to go the play store to get the app, not google! So annoyed with myself.

Anyway, now I can't get it to let me log in, sez my password/email is wrong but when I request a reset I never get the email! I did google it on on my laptop and it says if you don't get the email within a hour to contact customer support! I have requested it at least 5 times!

I am going back to bed and read the paper, have some yogurt and just start this day over.

Guess I will put my letsfit watch back on and later today go look for a new watchband.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 24, 2023 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got all my water bottles refilled and I loaded the dishwasher.

I guess I need to call customer support for the fitbit; I now see that not only it the time 1 hour off, it thinks it is night and apparently my sister stopped wearing it in August, LOL.

I didn't notice those things before.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 24, 2023 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's a miracle!! I restarted my phone and then I managed to get the app to recognize me on my laptop, then I managed to find the kind of Fitbit it was so now my phone has finally found it! So now it knows the correct day and time!

I currently have both of them on, LOL. I will see what I think plus we have to see if I am allergic to the Fitbit watchband.

Sister says it is neoprene so I will be fine, the letsfit band is silicone.

Just swept the office and now I am off to dustbust the bathroom. Oh and work on email/twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 25, 2023 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Got all the water bottles refilled and today I need to run the dishwasher, also place a Safeway order, almost out of yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 25, 2023 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dishwasher is finished, email cleared working on twitter, Safeway order complete and coming tonight between 5 and 9.

I moved some money so I need to go and check on banking stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 25, 2023 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I did check my bank accounts and now need to make time first thing in the morning to call BofA and find out why they are charging me interest on my Visa. I pay it off monthly and last month I transposed the payment amount so was $10 short, so I understand how I got charged interest. But I don't understand how it happened this month since I paid what they asked for. That is for tomorrow.

As I have been receiving tax documents it has reminded me of who I didn't notify of my move!

So today I tracked down Met Life and made that change. This reminded me that I should also notify Social Security so that I get my tax documents from them.

Can't think of any others that I need to fix but those are done.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2023 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Got all the things up off the floor, litter box is on the bed covered with a rug and rollie is out on the balcony.

Just got it done when Housekeeping knocked on the door so she is busy cleaning away. She is earlier than normal but that works fine for me.

Just having some coffee, clearing email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2023 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sylvester was giving me the "evil eye", he wanted the "spot" on the bed to take his nap. So I had to get up and let him have it.

Finished putting the living room back together, swept the balcony and now back to email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2023 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh shoot, just perusing my list and I see I totally forgot to call BofA this morning ... will make that my first thing for tomorrow! writing a sticky note to put on the computer.

Email and twitter done. Guess I will go and update my Goodreads account.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, January 26, 2023 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dipo, were you perchance calling B of A about the unusual manner in which they auto-paid your credit card amount this month. Mine usually gets paid off about a month after the charge close-out date, but this month, they seem to have paid it early, so a charge that was just made a day before appeared on the paid charges. We are packing up to move back to WA state from TX, so haven't looked into it yet. If that is what yo were calling about, please let me know what they told you.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2023 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Nope, for some reason they are charging me interest. I pay it off monthly so that I don't incur any interest charges.

Hmmm, I don't think I paid it before the due date, it will be interesting to see how they explain this to me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 27, 2023 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Called Bank of America, it's bullshit, but I now understand. Apparently I can't add very well and underpaid my balance by $46.00; so there was "residual interest" for my error! I finally just said how do I make it stop because I had transposed the payment amount the month before and was short $10. She said if I paid in full from now forward there wouldn't be any other charges. Going back to check and make sure that happened since my payment was due on the 21st.

Looks like the correct payment went thru, so I went ahead and balanced my checkbook and scheduled payment of the first of the month bills.

At least that is done and now I can get back to my normal morning routine, LOL. Off to bed to read the paper, have some yogurt, play computer games and watch Perry Mason, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 27, 2023 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have determined that my fitbit charge 2 counts my steps about 1000 more than I actually do, so I researched it online and apparently sometimes it will count your arm moving as steps. I did see instructions on how to calibrate the steps but this one doesn't have that function.

So I have switched it to the left arm instead of the right and now I wear the letsfit on the right and fitbit on the left.

I am just waiting to see if the fitbit strap gives me a reaction. I am thinking about just getting a new letsfit watch that comes with a leather or cloth strap. I think that might be cheaper than buying a new band for the one I have.

Just need to do a little research before I decide.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, January 27, 2023 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Dipo.