TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 09, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through September 09, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 31, 2023 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, TNT, she only comes every other week. I swear the kitties know the minute she leaves and feel a need to put some litter on the floor, hahahahaha.

Seriously though, she doesn't come until the 6th and I have the second litter box in my office so when I notice it is messy I just sweep/mop.

And I have to dustbust the bathroom because that is where the other litter box is, and the new Slide litter seems to get flung out of the box a litter more than the other kind, even tho I do really like it because it has less dust.

And she does take out the trash every time, puts in a new garbage bag.

I never spend that much time at it so it doesn't seem that much to me, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 01, 2023 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/sp.php#missions

Today is clean out the purse and car and a quick cleanup of the front porch / entrance / foyer.

I am totally off on routines since the TV and Internet service went out at 7:15 this morning. I wasn't concerned about the TV but didn't realize they had switched the internet to Comcast so that went out too. Comcast was doing "upgrades to the network" and had warned we would lose service, maybe for the day.

Thank goodness I checked my TV at 11:30 and it was back!!! Hallelujah. So now I am trying to get thru email, check twitter, find out what has happened in the BB HOuse and listen to my Taran podcast.

I went to the Activities meeting and tonight I am going to Moose Lodge Bingo!! Should be a lot of fun.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 02, 2023 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... It's a fun day ...

Pooped out from all the running around yesterday, LOL, but it was a very fun day and I did win at Bingo, LOL. One of the people at my table won 3 times!!!

There wasn't as much of a crowd as usual since it was Labor Day weekend.

So now I am tired, LOL, but I rode my bike and I have gotten thru twitter. Need to go and finish up email.

Then it might be time for a nap, hahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 03, 2023 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... A day for relaxation ...

Time to have some yogurt and read the Sunday paper. Brunch at noon and Top Gun Maverick at 3pm.

Sounds like a fun day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 03, 2023 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well shoot, took my fitbit off to recharge and the buckle broke out of the strap. I guess I will have to go and buy and new strap but now I have to research to see if I should just get a newer model instead.

And I have to use some black electrical tape to secure it until the new strap or fitbit comes.

Off to google to check out fitbits

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 03, 2023 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, that was quick, I found a good article and got the Fitbit Luxe which will be here tomorrow.

Oh and I sent the Newsletter stuff off to be set up and distributed. Now I just need to make the ballot box and a Garbage Removal Day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 03, 2023 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear, the corporate office of this community is so stupid! They sent out an edict that the 11 communities should have an outdoor showing of a movie. So they got a projector that goes to one of those giant blowup screens, and of course, the blowup screen.

They want each community to show a movie outside. Now we are the first one to get it and they got it all set up, but it doesn't get dark enough until 8ish. Which means a 2 hour movie would keep the people up until 10- 10.30. Most of these people got to bed at 8pm, LOL. There are a bunch of us who are nightowls, but usually in our homes.

Anyway, we ended up moving the movie into the living room and it was excellent... Top Gun, Maverick.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 03, 2023 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
We did lose some people thru the movie, probably went home because it was past their bedtimes.

But how in the heck are they going to do this in the assisted living communities! I would imagine those people are on set schedules and have very set routines so how are you going to take them outside late enough to see an outdoor movie!

Now it would probably work in October when the sunsets earlier. I think it will get dark then around 6:30ish, but still a 2 hour movie!

I can't wait to hear how this goes for the other communities.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 03, 2023 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Loved the movie, though, and it was interesting to see how Tom used some of the same shots as the original movie!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 04, 2023 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Happy Labor Day

Monday's Mission

Home Blessing Day and Have a great BBQ day, LOL.

I got the dishwasher unloaded and did somes straightening up.

Time for Taran, yogurt and the newspaper.

Labor Day BBQ later today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 04, 2023 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Fabulous BBQ dinner with entertainment.

Got all the dishes put away and some of the water bottles refilled.

Now I am congested and I wonder if there was something that I ate that I am allergic to, it just seems odd that I was fine and have been coughing, sneezing and having congestion. Or maybe there is a pollen out there that got me when I walked over to dinner.

Oh well, great meal and now I am finishing the newspaper, playing games and watching some TV.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, September 04, 2023 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
We have a movie every night which begins at 6:30. It is in an indoor 40-seat theater. Some of these are shorter and some longer - "The Help" running tomorrow night is 2hr, 26 minuutes. Some movies are shorter, ofcourse!!!!.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, September 04, 2023 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I'd like to fire the corporate dumbo who mandated outdoor movies for the over-65 crowd myself. By the time it starts getting dark earlier, the temperature will be too cold for seniors. We had a Labor Day outdoor picnic today under huge trees on a semi-overcast day and temperature of about 62 in the shade. People were freezing and/or hobbling (or striding) home for jackets.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 05, 2023 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, I know Juju ... and TNT, we do have an indoor theater but not many people use it because they can watch Netflix in their homes.

It was fun getting the 20 or so people to watch in the living room, I hope they consider doing that more frequently.

I kept saying well I guess you could have the outdoor movies in the underground garage, but then we would probably all be gassed with carbon monoxide, hahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 05, 2023 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

We are in the kitchen, so today scrub the stove, knob and drip pan, and clean out and wash the silverware drawer and holder.

I got my newspaper read, yogurt eaten and then rode my bike. Since then I have been trying to get caught up on twitter, now I am working on email.

Oh and I did order some more kitty food delivered tomorrow. Trying to find one or more that Sylvester will eat so he will gain weight. My sister is getting a boon on foods, all the stuff he won't eat I send home with her for her cat. She says he will eat anything, LOL. And knowing Sylvester's background I am surprised he doesn't eat anything put in front of him, put he is picky.

Back to twitter and email!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, September 05, 2023 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Watching a movie in your apartment is fine but I enjoy the "community feel" when everyone in the theater starts laughing at the same time or gasps together when something happens.

When I laugh out loud when watching :Keeping up Appearances" alone, it still isn't as much fun as sharing a laugh with others. I have - by choice - lived alone for many years, but I also enjoy sharing experiences with others -

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, September 05, 2023 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Well, and we had a large turnout for our picnic probably because it WAS outdoors, and Covid is re-surging up here, and this is a very Covid-conscious town, as we had either the first or second confirmed Covid case in the USA, which then spread like wildfire through a post-surgery rehab facility (that Bigdog stayed in for a couple days after his double knee replacement) in our town while we were safely in Antarctica.

So, there is also the Covid factor to consider for multi-hour indoor events.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 06, 2023 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Today in the kitchen we are supposed to clean out our fridge since tomorrow is errand day and you will probably fill it back up, LOL.

I am just getting ready for Housekeeping, picking up the kitty scratchers, generally clearing the floors so I get a good sweep/mop and vac!

My plans are the make the Trash Day flyer and ballot box.

But for now I will go and have my yogurt. I had to call in that we didn't get a paper. I don't know why the front desk doesn't call when they don't get a delivery. They know there are at least 10 units that get the paper because they are the ones who put it at the door!

Rant over. I will add it to my list.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 06, 2023 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I made my flyer and sent it off to the Activities Manager who let me know they were making a flyer. The event is Friday so I was surprised they didnt do it yesterday that is why I made one.

Housekeeping is here, YEAH!! I was beginning to wonder where she was. And Safeway has come and gone, I got a bunch of different cat foods for Sylvester. He really liked one of the kitten foods, so I will make a note for future purchase. It's funny because I figured he would love all the kitten foods but, of course, he doesn't, LOL.

Got thru email and twitter, so now I just need to play computer games and make a ballot box.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 06, 2023 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the ballot box made, I was asked about it at dinner, then I ran it down to the put in the lobby.

Hope it survives, LOL. I think it looks okay but it is definitely home-made.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 07, 2023 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand Day and De-clutter your plastic and foil wraps drawer.

Not sure what I am up to, but I now have 2 Newspapers to get thru.

Off to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 08, 2023 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Today is clean out the purse and car!! Then clean out under the kitchen sink, get rid of cleaning products you don't use, and put needed things on your shopping list.

Feeling so much better today, I think I finally figured out my stomach ache/gastro discomfort was from having 2 servings of broccoli salad. I spent most of the day resting in bed.

I swear it is a b*itch getting old and having to watch out for different foods! I already can't have green bell peppers and blueberrys, and now broccoli will join the list. I think cooked broccoli is ok, we shall see.

For now I am listening to my podcast so it's time to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Oh and my Cable box was nuts this morning so I had to disconnect and reconnect to get that to work while I was having trouble with my printer.

Finally figured out that the printer was out of black ink and that was the problem! So annoying that the printer can't manage to say that!

Off to read the paper, etc.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 08, 2023 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally got some kitty food that Sylvester likes, it is Fancy Feast Trout., he also like Fancy Feast Chicken with Tuna. So I ordered a bunch more cans to try. HOpefully we will get set several different foods and I can stop spending so much money on cat food, LOL.

I need to call the pharmacy and see if I can get a refill, we are going to run out of pills before his appointment. I have 6 days and his appointment is 8 days away.

For me, I need to do some kitchen work, change the brita filter and refill water bottles, put away all the kitty food and the rest of the Safeway order (that came this morning).

I was thinking of maybe going up and washing the comforter but that may wait until tomorrow. It is time to change the sheets and rotate the mattress!

BUT, my mattress is now 5 years old so maybe I will buy a new one... I saw that mattresses are on sale for Labor Day, so I need to check that out.

Off to work on email, regular mail and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 08, 2023 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email done, working on twitter. Got my bills paid and worked on my visa billing< making sure everything is logged correctly for the budget tool.

I am getting tired and bored with BB tweets, LOL. Listening to my Day Drinking podcast.

Dinner soon.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Have fun with Family.

Today I have a few chores, mostly trying to get Sylvester's prescription refilled. I was able to order the refill which they said I can pick up on Tuesday, but I want it mailed. When I go on the website to pay for it so they can mail it, it can't find it, I think because I don't know what birthdate they used for him. Anyway, I got put on hold and then was told to leave a message so I will try again later.

Tonight is Birthday Dinner! We are going to Pasta Primavera, so exciting, I am now 69 years old! Should be fun.

For now I have pretty much cleared email, and twitter, listening to my Taran podcast and now I need to go read the paper and have my yogurt.