TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 22, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through June 22, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 17, 2023 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So comcast guy had to give me new boxes and now I have voice remotes!! So fun, but they automatically make me go to the HD channel so now I have to relearn the channel numbers that go with the channels I like.

I know I can speak them but at night I have gotten pretty good at just punching in the numbers.

I missed the Ice Cream Social but that's ok, I have plenty of ice cream in my freezer.

So email and twitter are done, maybe it's time for a nap, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 18, 2023 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday -- HAPPY FATHERS DAY --

We are having a brunch with Mojito's, LOL. OUr activities director thought that would be more "manly" than the usual Mimosa's we do for special brunches, LOL. I am ready to go down but like to skip the first hour and let the "crowd" die down.

I loaded up the dishwasher, brewed the coffee, ordered a kitty grass delivery and called about my missing Sunday paper.

When I went to get my coffee I found my paper had come, Oh Happy Day!! I was so pleased, now my day can be normal, LOL.

I might do some chores. I need to pull out the spring/summer comforter and make sure I washed it before I put it away. I want to switch out the all the bed linens. Then I can wash the exiting comforter and store it away until winter.

Off to work on email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Home Blessing Day and we moved to the Master Bedroom. Time to de-clutter under the bed, LOL.

I don't have anything under my bed, except an occasional kitty, so I am good.

Just realized I was doing so many things, clearing email, making my channel list, that I had forgotten to stop in here. I have a list of things to get done, mostly involving changing the bedding.

Just grabbed some coffee so I am going back to clearing email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, good for me !! I just grabbed the bin containing the summer comforter and I did wash it before I put it away, LOL. YEAH, I couldn't remember if I had done that. So now I can change out the bedding and then take the existing comforter to the laundry.

Also watered the plants on the balcony and I have finished email and almost done with twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The shams and pillowcases are changed, the mattress has been rotated and the fitted sheet is 3/4 put on but Nala has started a war with the final corner so I am taking a break.

I did scrub the carpet where we had a throwup and that came right up. So all these little chores help me get ready for Housekeeping on Wednesday.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Fitted sheet on, flat sheet done, next up putting the comforter on.

But first I took an empty water bottle to the kitchen, then cleaned the plates the kitty grass sit on, then cleaned the glass mat that they sit on, and then wiped down the entire bar counter.

Once that dries I can put everything back where it belongs and water the kitty grass.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, the kitties seem to like the new sheets they are both lounging on them, so I can't put the comforter down just yet.

Checked my makeup instead so I will be ready to go down to dinner in a hour.

Maybe I will go and do my Safeway order.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahaha, finished putting the bed back together, this entails putting all the kitty wands under the blanket at the end of the bed, the kitty warming pads on the sides, and then putting the shams and pillows back.

Subsequently, Sylvester demanded some snacks before taking his normal afternoon nap leaning against the pillows.

Safeway order is done, and I am off to dinner.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 20, 2023 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Planning day, and clear off the bed and make the bed.

I am ahead on this one because I changed all the bedding yesterday!

Got the dishwasher loaded up and running. Off to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 20, 2023 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Safeway delivered!! I was wondering why I hadn't gotten any notifications and the guy said they were short on phones and he didn't get one, LOL.

Took the boxes out and was surprised to see the nightmare in the Trash Room had been sorted. Last night when I stopped by on the way to dinner you couldn't even get in it there was so much piled around. I swear, if I was in charge here I would have a camera focused on that doorway to see who is "hording" trash and then bringing it all over at one time. It did look like a lot of it was from one person, same trash bags.

Anyway, I was able to put my boxes in and now I can take my one bag of trash and dump it. I am thinking of skipping dinner because I have leftover spagetti, roast beef for a sandwich, and now I have donuts, LOL.

Back to clearing email and twitter.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, June 20, 2023 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have had four cats in my lifetime but had never had "kitty grss." What is it???

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 20, 2023 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, it is Oat Grass grown in pots so the kitties can eat grass.

Interestingly they didn't like the grass from PetSmart but love the grass from Pet Food Express. I didn't realize there were different kinds of grass.

The PetSmart grass was some sort of special grass and they didn't like it, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 21, 2023 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Anti-Procrastination Day, Drink Your Water - this months habit and clean up the nightstands - putting things away BUT not under the bed, LOL.

I have been getting ready for Housekeeping, used the dustbuster in the bathroom and cleared all the counters, then went to the living room and picked up all the kitty accoutrements from the floors and stuck them on chairs or out on the balcony.

I decided to take the litter mat under the desk out to shake and ended up spilling litter around so I did a bit of dustbusting to get the majority of it up.

This morning we need to distribute the minutes/agenda for the next meeting so last night I got them all stapled and sent out the email.

Karin is here!! Once she has left I will help with the distribution. I want to understand the floor plans so I have been looking for a building floorplan. When I was searching for my home I swear there was one online. My friend and I reviewed it together while on the phone but now I can't find it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 21, 2023 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I looked thru all my original documents and I found one page that showed the floorplan. I took that and copied it and then cut it out and have started to make my own floorplan.

I don't really understand how the numbering works so helping distribute I can mark up my map and have a permanent record.

So now I will go and finish clearing email and work on twitter.

OH and my disposal has stopped draining, so I called and reported that problem.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 21, 2023 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Karin is done and the floors are drying. I got the kitty box back down in the bathroom so all is well for them, LOL.

Just waiting for the rest of the floors to dry before I put things back in place.

Once Y&R is over I will go up to the 2nd floor and had out minutes and get the building floorplan filled out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 21, 2023 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the 2nd and 3rd floor done. And the numbering of the apartments makes no sense, LOL. Plus the floor layouts are different as well, I think that must be because there are a few 2 bedroom units.

Disposal got fixed, the "organic" coffee filter seemed to have clogged the pipe somehow, I think there was other issues but I will now just put the coffee grounds down and not the filter. Waiting for a part to finish it up so some of the stuff from under the sink is sitting on the kitchen floor. There is a little leak so they left a little bucket under there.

Trying to cool off before I get dressed for dinner. But on my journey's I ran into a few people and one lady told me that my plan for Slav, my former dinner partner, worked. He is sitting with a lady and they laugh and she touches his hand !! So now I can go back to early dinner and sit with Ken (who no one ever sits with) and it's next to them so Slav won't feel a need to kick his new lady to the curb. He doesn't really get the social and cultural cues around him, LOL.

Off to check email and see if anything shattering has happened on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 21, 2023 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Too many things and people happening today, LOL. Did I mention that the smoke detectors went off for about 10-15 minutes!!

They usually only go off for about 5 minutes but this one was longer.

So now I am pooped out for the day!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, June 22, 2023 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Yep - our apartment numbering is wonky too! Some halls have only one two-bedroom; other have two.

We are all twitter! The final Health DE[artment inspetion on our kitchen is due tomorrow. This means the a la carte menu will be reinnstated!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2023 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Today is errand day and finish clearing the nightstands.

I came out to my printer showing a white screen, I finally got it back on, then my computer didn't recognize it. So I need to see if I can fix it before I call the computer man.

But for now, I am working on email, got my coffee and refilled the coffee can, promptly spilled coffee grounds, LOL. I will grab the dustbuster to deal with that.

Only task today is to tally the survey results and work on the floorplan; maybe fix the balcony netting or some other minor chores.

Off to email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2023 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, TNT, that is fabulous news!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2023 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email done, shower done, closet cleaned out of the stuff I stuck in there so housekeeping could come, LOL.

I am going to have my sister help me take a my 2 bags of laundry plus the comforter up to the laundry on Saturday. Then I can get that all done. It is easy to bring it down but seems heavier trying to take it up the stairs. Doesn't make sense but that is how it seems.

Now off to see what twitter is up to now that they found the sub.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2023 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, got my printer to work again, somehow the cable connecting the laptop and the printer wasn't totally secured. Not clear how that could happen but glad its working again.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, June 22, 2023 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
We passed thehealth inspection!!! The wholebuilding is elated, but certainlyno one moreso than the long suffering kitchen and wait staff!

When I went in for supper, the "wall" - black plastic sheeting - was down! Pictures were being re-hug on the REAL wall. Carpet gets cleaned tonight and tables/chairs put in the recovered area tomorrow! Business as usual will resume on Monday morning!!! I can't wait for all-day breakfast food and hot and cold saldwiches and salads available from 7AM to 6 PM!

Hotfood from the kitcchen will be a treat as we have had a serving line of chaffers for the interim!!! Chaffing dishes keep food warm, but not stove-hot!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2023 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, that is so exciting!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, June 22, 2023 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yay TNT!

quote:

Ok, got my printer to work again, somehow the cable connecting the laptop and the printer wasn't totally secured. Not clear how that could happen but glad its working again.

One word: cats