TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 06, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through December 06, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 30, 2023 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursdays' Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/sp.php#missions

Holiday -- make any appointments needed, haircut, drycleaning, covid / flu / RSV shot (this last is my recommendation, LOL). I am finally getting my covid shot on the 7th.

Today -- It's errand day and time to do a detailed vacuuming of the living room.

I know I did a bunch of stuff yesterday but apparently never came back here, LOL.

I did clear out all my office pile of mail and things that needed doing. Found an article on the PG&E Rate increases so I revised my space heater article to include those.

Tried to make a Vet appointment for Sylvester but they are still not taking anything for January. I need to get him in the first Saturday, if possible, so I calendared it for a couple of weeks.

Today I am taking my friend out for her birthday lunch, I never got to do it before thanksgiving because other people kept joining us and the "man" picked up the check. I do have to figure out something to repay them, Oh, maybe I can get some sort of "food Christmas gift" for them. I will ask my friend.

For now I am getting ready to go to lunch, doing my hair is a little challenging right now because it is still too short for my normal methods. I almost burned my hand with the curling iron, LOL. I have it up in the tiniest curlers I have, and I have the little curling iron heating, which I will try next.

When I get back from lunch I think I will do Christmas things, find all the presents I ordered and sort them out, then do some Christmas Cards and also refill Sylvester's Prescription.

Off to work on email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 30, 2023 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yummy Chinese food from Yan's!! We used to go every friday, but then they changed the free bus Monday and they are closed on Mondays!

So good and I am so full I probably won't go down to dinner.

Picked up the mail, so now I need to deal with that and track down all my christmas boxes open, and figure that out.

Also need to finish email and then deal with twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 30, 2023 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally got thru email and twitter, then I ordered some ink and a 2024 calendar.

Then I tracked down my Christmas presents and ordered the final things I needed.

Went thru the new monthly calendar and got everything logged onto my daily calendar.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 01, 2023 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Holiday -- time to toss out the Thanksgiving leftovers and clean out the fridge

Today -- Wipe down and declutter the dining room table and chairs.

I have the dishwasher running and now will grab some yogurt and read the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 01, 2023 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Opened up the first day of my Kitty Advent Calendar, LOL, Sylvester loved the treat .. Lazy Kitty Air Dried Chicken Recipe Cat Treats .. so I ordered some from Chewy.

He has been turning his nose up at all the other treats we have, I am giving away unopened treats as stocking stuffers, LOL.

So far just clearing email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 02, 2023 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... A Fun, possibly stormy day ...

This morning I got the dishwasher unloaded and the kitchen cleaned up. Turned the dining room table back around so I can hang the stocking on the hooks I installed last year. Then I dusted the table and put out the "Poinsettia Table Runner", so the Christmas decorating has begun, LOL.

I need to go out and get the Christmas boxes of decorations so I can change out the "porch" decorations.

Working on email, twitter and my DayDrinking Podcast.

Hope some of my packages arrive early so I can deal with that stuff as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 02, 2023 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, 2 packages just arrived. I from Chewy with Sylvester's food, thank goodness, I didn't realize I was down to 3 cans of food!

Unfortunately neither is large enough for the sweater I need to box and wrap!

Back to working on stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 02, 2023 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The house is officially a mess, LOL. I got all the decorations out of the storage room, AND found a great Thanksgiving decoration that I forgot I had and didn't get used!!! So those boxes are on the sofa and other places waiting for me to bring in the Fall/Thanksgiving stuff. Kitties are busy sniffing everything, LOL.

I did sweep the balcony and move a few things around, watered the plants and moved the bin with the fall comforter inside so I can change out the bed.

But one thing at a time!! First we shall bring in the Fall Garlands, wreath and flags.

LOL, since I brought in the bed clothes bin (it has the shams and comforter for wintertime) both the kitties have realized they can jump up on the windowsill above the AC unit. I don't think Nala has ever been up there before and she was very intrigued.

Guess I will check twitter real quick. Oh and sort of annoyed, the one medium box I got was filled with one pack of ink!!! Too big of a box!! but not big enough for the sweater, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 02, 2023 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Took out some recycling and trash and on my way back I grabbed all the fall garlands, 2 flags and the fall wreath. They are all now on the sofa waiting for the box to be emptied of Christmas decorations.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 03, 2023 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... A Lovely Fall/Winter Day ...

Hung the wreath and put the poinsettia out front, then I brewed coffee and refilled ALL the water bottles, there were a bunch, LOL.

Working on email/tvch/twitter, then brunch and then Christmas... I need to finish hanging the decorations on the "porch". It looks really weird having the wall empty, then I can put away the Fall Decor and maybe work on Christmas cards.

I have a few cleaning chores, but mostly I need to reclaim my living room from the fall decor and boxes of Christmas stuff.

For now back to email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 03, 2023 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Nala jumped on the box of decs sitting on the sofa to inspect and the whole thing fell down on the floor.

Well I needed to open it and see what I had, so I guess she was helping.

Got my new PG&E bill .... $209 ... I think that is lower than last year but still amazing to me how high it is for this small home. I need to check my bills from my condo (which was larger) and see how much those were. Of course, I am pretty sure the cost per ohm, or whatever they are called, was lower too.

Anyway, time to see what was in the box.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, December 03, 2023 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Have you hah an inceaase in your rent? mine went up about $300 which is a 7% increase. Last year's increase I've been told was about 18% This is due to food [rice increases and labor costs rising! The inductry increase used to be 2-5% yearly!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 03, 2023 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep we got an increase, mine went up about 4.5%; ours was because minimum wages went up and that is not too big an increase, IMO.

So I unloaded the box that Nala knocked over and found the fabric Christmas tree that I hang in my hallway, I put it up on the way to brunch. And I took out one of the boxes and the old cat food to the trash room.

Since we were having an Activities meeting at 1pm I took my paper and tablet with me so I could just stay there after brunch. Then I ended up having wine and cheese and then bingo started, LOL. I actually got bingo 3 times, but kept my mouth shut on the last one since I had already won twice. Ended up taking home $14, paid $5.

I guess the bingo on Sundays is $5 bingo; so I am way behind in my games and chores.

Just finished sorting the catfood and getting the cabinet restocked. That actually finished cleaning up the kitchen nicely. I did get all the fall decor into a box, just need to take it back out to the storage room.

And I refilled the kibble containers and got that put away. So how I need to clear email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 04, 2023 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Holiday --- Finish up any baking you had planned.

Today -- It's Home Blessing day and .... wipe down the cabinet doors and drawers.

I do have some stuff on my list, finish the hallway decs, put away all the dec boxes, review the minute ofs the last meeting and write an article on the IRS email scams I am getting.

For now I am clearing a bit of email, then off to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 04, 2023 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, just spent a half an hour detangling my Christmas Garlands, I didn't do a very good job putting them away last year. And now I don't really like how bare they seem so I am off to Michaels to see if I can pick up a couple of supplements.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 04, 2023 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, got some more "beefy" garlands, being delivered today. Isn't it nice that Michaels gave the driver a tip, that I couldn't eliminate. Amazing, you get no choice on the tip.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, December 04, 2023 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
We never see the delivery persons from Wal-Mart, Kroger's, Amazon, etc. All deliveries are made to the desk and building personnel do the door-to-door delivery!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 04, 2023 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They let the delivery people drop stuff off at the door, but not the Post Office packages. The mailman just leaves them with the front desk and depending who is on the front desk you might get it delivered.

A couple of the front desk people just put them in the back and hope to see you, then they mention they have a package for you, LOL.

I got two more packages, Sylvesters Churu has finally arrived and one of my Christmas gifts.

The kitties are enjoying the pile of boxes that are building up. And I did get one the correct size for one of my gifts. Still need one for my sisters sweater.

Time for some computer games!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 05, 2023 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

HOliday --look over your budget and lists to confirm you have budgeted for everything.

Today -- Declutter your silverware drawer. LOL, this is a good one.

I will be finishing up my decorating to the degree that I want to get the box out of here. My Michaels delivery came and I my stuff came in a really cool cloth/paper red bag that I love!!

So I need to hang garland and haul the fall box out to the Storage Unit. Then I need to find all the stuff I am taking down to the "Holiday Boutique" tomorrow and get ready for HOusekeeping tomorrow.

Busy day!! So now I will do a quick look over email, then time for yogurt and newspaper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 05, 2023 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Took out the old cat food and a bag of kitty poop, then I took the tags off and hung my new Christmas Garlands. I combined the silver snowflake, red christmas and gold christmas package garlands on one push pin and put the new pinecone/pine branch / holly berry and gold ribbon/snowflakes on their own pushpins. Looks great, maybe I will try to learn how to do a photo, LOL.

Now I am working on stuff to the SR, then I can see how much stuff I have in the house to deal with.

I have identified a few thing for the Holiday Boutique ... several unopened cat treats, a couple of lazy suzannes, some glass beer steins, and I pulled out my Goodwill box to see what is in there. Oh yeah, I have a couple of watches, guess I would sell for $5.

Oh and I have the culinary Forum today. Alexa told me it was "reschooled" for today at 1pm, hahahahaha.

For now off to deal with email and "do my face" -- make sure I won't scare anyone at the Forum today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 05, 2023 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH and I got my present for my friend -- Abnaok Microwave Cleaner Angry Mom with Fridge Odor Absorber Cool Mom ... They are hysterical, I love them.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092CPR64Y?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Now just one more package for my sister and everything will be hear. I should grab some wrapping paper from the storage room so I can get started on that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 05, 2023 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Box out to the SR, and I grabbed a box of string lights for a patio that have never been opened and used. My sister got them for me when she worked for Home Depot. Great idea but we never got around to using them at the old place, so now they will go into my "Christmas Boutique", LOL.

Dustbusted the bathroom and then cleaned the dustbuster filter.

Now I will see what is happening with Twitter and play a couple of computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 05, 2023 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just checked to see where Sylvester's prescription was and they said it was ready to be picked up!!!! I ordered it on Friday because I wanted it mailed!!!

Now I will have to pay the delivery fee, so annoyed, but I am glad I called to check! We only have one more day of pills.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 05, 2023 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Power is back .. now will we ever find out why it went out. Went out around 7.30.

I guess Nala had never seen a candle before because she tried to sniff the flame, LOL.

Now I need to put on my list of things to do to figure out how to work my "emergency radio" and track down my lantern flashlights. I thought I bought some new ones a while back but I think I talked myself out of it because we don't have power failures ...

And the other thing I want to know is if the generator that comes on with a power failure is throwing carbon monoxide into my home. I believe it is under my balcony. I was thinking the carbon monoxide monitor would alert me but then I remembered it is plugged into the wall, LOL.

I did find my headlamp so that was handy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 06, 2023 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Holiday -- If guests will be staying with you, get the guest room in order, or if you are doing dinner track down all your serving dishes, plates and silverware to make sure everything is ready.

Today -- It's anti-procrastination day and we are heading into the refrigerator! Your mission for today is to set your timer, grab a trash bag and throw open the door to fling out the science projects, Thanksgiving leftovers and don't forget to check out the vegetable/fruit drawer.

LOL, I have cleaned out the extra food from my fridge, and I have been gathering all the stuff I want to take down for the Holiday Boutique.

Plus it is housekeeping day and I have most of the kitty supplies off the floor. Some have gone out on the balcony. Just have to put up the bathroom litter box once Carolina arrives.

For now I am working on email, having some coffee and thinking about what else I can take down to the event.