TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 09, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through January 09, 2024 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I placed an order with Walgreens at 3.17pm and they delivered it at 3.40!! I didn't ask for any special shipping, just regular shipping, LOL. Amazing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 31, 2023 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... HAPPY NEW YEAR EVE ....

Feed the kitties and cleaned up the kitchen, then hauled out the recycling and some trash.

Made some coffee and off to read the Sunday paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 01, 2024 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Holiday -- clean out those holiday leftovers from the fridge!!

Today is Home Blessing Day and Now in Zone 1 -- Entrance, Front Porch and Dining Room. Mission is to shake out the welcome mats and sweep the front porch.

I started in the bathroom, wiped down a couple of walls, cleaned the container that holds/charges my toothbrush, refilled a pill container and now moving onto the kitchen.

I have a list for today that mostly includes putting away Christmas stuff, so off to get the coffee brewing and clean up the kitchen.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 01, 2024 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh ... HAPPY NEW YEAR ... LOL.

I also got the balcony opened up since we have full on sunshine today!! Dumped the milk cartons of water and then put out the towels so the kitties can lay in the sun.

Now off to the kitchen.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 01, 2024 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kitchen counters wiped down, cat dishes cleaned and loaded to the dishwasher, refilled a couple of water bottles and grabbed my coffee.

Went to take the coffee grounds out to dump in my Christmas Cactus and to put the Christmas Tree into storage (its' a metal cut out) and grab the storage boxes BUT .... Nala was sprawled across the chair taking in the sun, LOL.

So I didn't want to interrupt so just going to work on office stuff for a bit. Trying to decide if I really need to go to the Activity Forum today. I am thinking I can skip it and just enjoy my Holiday!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 01, 2024 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Linen Shelf dusted, all the knick-knacks dusted and the bathroom vanity cleaned and dusted. Also removed my polish and redid that.

Making progress in my list!! Almost done with email!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 02, 2024 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Keep working on taking down the Holiday decorations and clean up the clutter from the entryway.

I finally replaced the batteries in my remote, it had been asking for a while, LOL.

For today, just continuing to work on my list.

Off to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 02, 2024 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cleaned up the kitchen, it didn't need much but I did put my sisters "tv dinner tray" to soak so it iw clean and ready on Saturday.

Sister called, she has a cold, I told her to get some coricidin HBP at Safeway since that worked really well for me. Also let her know that we must take Sylvester to the Vet, sick or not, but that is all we have to do on Saturday.

Since she may be sick on Sat, I went ahead and ordered a delivery of Kitty Grass from Pet Express, they will come later tonight and that takes one thing off the errands for Sat.

I rode my bike while the coffee brewed! That was the most important thing on the list! I want to get back into riding everyday to build up my leg stamina. Then, since I knocked the dustbuster off the wall "de-biking" I went ahead and dustbusted the office around the kitty litter box. Pulled it out from the wall and got all the stuff behind it, basically did all the areas that housekeeping doesn't. I rarely move this one, about once a quarter I pull everything and then have them do the floors under the rugs. But we are expecting rain so that won't work tomorrow.

I put the metal Christmas tree into the SR and grabbed the Fall storage box since it has the Christmas bins in it. Figure I will pull the Fall out and put the Christmas on the bottom.

Now I just need a Winter/New Year banner for the wall outside. I had Michaels on the Saturday list so I will go do that shopping.

Got the Table Runner changed to Winter -- it's white snowflakes, and dusted the table.

Not too much left on my list so now I need to clear email, then time to pack up the decorations. But first Michaels, I want a New Year / Winter Banner.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2024 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Everyday we are spending 15 minutes dealing with Holiday decorations and today is Anti-Procrastination day, perhaps I will actually get my decorations put away instead of just gathered to one spot, LOL. The mission is to clear out the entrance to your home, put away shoes, mail, etc. I just needed to take out my trash before housekeeping got here.

I didn't make it, LOL. I got the kitchen cleared, the bathroom cleared, some of the living room done, the water bottles refilled and I brewed some coffee.

I was just getting to opening my Chewy Box and taking out the "xtra trash", when Carolina showed up!

So I quickly finished up putting the stuff off the floor in the living room, grabbed the kitty litter box out of the bathroom, and we were ready for her.

Tired from hustling around to get that stuff done and now it seems the internet has gone out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2024 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And now it's back! I always want to call down to the front desk and ask "who kicked the router", LOL.

So now I am working on email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2024 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bathroom back together, you would think that was the only litter box available, LOL. I did do a few more cleaning things, I wiped down all the things that get put back on the counter, and then cleaned the light switches and plugs.

Most of the bedroom is back into place, Nala was pleased the things got off the bed so she would lay in her favorite place for an afternoon nap.

Got the Chewy box opened and the catfood out so I can restock the cabinet. Bummed the box it came in, LOL, I was hoping for one that was more square so I could start another goodwill box.

Just realized I am hungry, time to find some lunch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 04, 2024 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Working on putting away Holiday decorations, And it's Errand Day AND pull any Holiday decorations from your front porch.

I have a 10 am Meet and Greet the new Apartment Manager ... I think Peter got fired. So I am up and about. Got the dishwasher runing and now I going to have some yogurt and read the a paper.

Hmmm, think I will quick go start the coffee as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 04, 2024 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Weird meeting, for some reason they brought the new managers boss to the meeting. The President of Carlton, Dave was speaking and explaining the changes.

At one point one of the older residents, who came a in a bit late said during the Q&A "Who are you???" LMAO... it was great. She then said this was sudden, how did it come about. So he had to admit that it was a "mutual decision for Peter to leave".

I will be interested to see what changes occur, Peter was a bit OCD so we may be able to have a few of the things we want, like a free table, putting catalogues out in the library, coffee table books. We shall see.

Supposedly there have been funds set aside for some remodeling, interesting since I knew Peter had been working on that as well. I think I will schedule a meeting for the Resident Council to meet with the new Manager next week.

Anyway, I have finally gotten thru all my email and twitter, so I guess I should go do some chores, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 05, 2024 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Today ... now that the decorations are boxed up make sure they get to the storage area, LOL -- I need to finish boxing. AND time to tackle the dining room -- wipe down all the chairs and the table and set it up for the coming weeks.

I have Chinese Lunch and FINAL Christmas celebration today, LOL. Still working on my list and hopefully my latest Chewy order will get me a box I can use for decorations or goodwill.

I got my new dustbuster charged so now I can test it out and make sure it works well. I finally figured out what the difference was between the one I bought and the one my sister got me. She got me a dirt devil and I like the Black and Decker, so that's the plan for the day.

Now off to feed the kitties, start the coffee, ride the bike, clear some email, read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 06, 2024 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... Have fun day ...

We went to the Vet at 8:30, poor Sylvester had a little accident in his box on the way. I felt so bad for him, but the Vets' cleaned him up and I never knew there was kitty shampoo, LOL, it was foam that they put on him.

He has gained a little weight!! I am so happy, about a half a pound, and we did some blood work and a check on his kidneys. We will get the info Monday or Tuesday.

Then went to Safeway and picked up his new prescription and turned in the next one. My sister wasn't feeling well, after seeming to have gotten over her cold rather quickly when I talked to her yesterday, so we just went to MacDonalds for breakfast.

Next up is the Safeway delivery. I am tired because I don't like getting up in the dark.

Cleared email and now I need to grab some yogurt for Nala and go read the paper and start my day like normal.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 06, 2024 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So now Sylvester is driving me nuts, LOL, I think it may be punishment for making him poop in his kitty carrier. He wants the balcony door open, but then walks away when I open in, then he meows at me ... like I can make it sunny, hahahahaha.

Plus he is working on 5 different cans of catfood!!! Doesn't seem to be interested in any and I am tired and just want to take a nap but am waiting for my Safeway delivery.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 07, 2024 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... A day of Rest and Gratitude ...

I have a short list of things ... take out all the recycling, trash, boxes, etc that I have been gathering in the foyer.

Then I want to work on the Newsletter and analyse my PG&E bills so I can finalize my 2024 Budget.

For now I am clearing email, watching Star Wars!! and enjoying some coffee before I go down for brunch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 07, 2024 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got one load of stuff ... recycling and some trash out to the bins. The first run is always a check to make sure there is room in the trash room.

And it is totally open!! So I can take the other stuff out. But first I want to do a couple of things on the Newsletter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 07, 2024 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the newsletter formulated so I guess it is done for now. I do need to make up some sort of Resident Council Highlights, still trying to decide if I should say anything about the management change.

I also made a list of all the extra bags of treats I have for Sylvester so I will stop buying the same ones, LOL. He has 22 different bags of treats, some are dups! So I won't be buying those again.

Now I am working on PG&E ... can't wait to see how this turns out.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, January 07, 2024 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I thought I followed you closely, but i Have no idea what PGBE is?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 07, 2024 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, should be PG&E, that's our gas and electric company.

Just finished logging ten statements. I'm trying to get a handle on what makes the bills go up so much occasionally.

I don't remember my bills being this high in my condo which should have been higher since it was bigger and didn't have anyone over me. It just doesn't make sense.

So I have figured out that the one "heater" in this apartment is a total drain on power and doesn't really heat the unit so I haven't used it all year. And I really watched my AC useage this year too.

I think I have enough info now to start to make sense of the bills, but, of course, they will go up automatically NOW because there is a rate increase starting in January.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 08, 2024 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

It's Home Blessing Day ... I have a few things to accomplish in that area, AND grab the toothbrushes and clean around the faucets.

I already got one thing done on my list... clean out the nightstand drawers. I have wanted to do this for a while and just not gotten to it. I took out a bunch of things and put them where they really belong, LOL. Then got all my glasses together in one drawer.

Now I am working on email and twitter, got the coffee brewing and will get started on the rest of my list.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 08, 2024 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru email, and I ran the dishwasher. Oh and I charged up my new lantern I received for Christmas... It is amazingly bright! I love it!

Now working on twitter and I really feel like a nap, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 09, 2024 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

It's Planning day ... Menu planning, Activities planning, Wardrobe planning, Checking prescriptions AND ... time to wipe down your kitchen cabinets.

Just got back from my meeting with the new manager, seems that she wasn't aware of all the changes that Peter had put into place so this should be interesting. Ended up having a hour and a half meeting, didn't really want it to go that long.

So now I am just getting started on my day, clearing email, cleaning up the kitchen, playing my computer games.

I need to do some RC stuff, review the minutes and then see if the newsletter is ready to go. I have been thinking about combining the minutes/newsletter into one distribution. Also need to write up a blurb and send it off for approval from the activities manager.

So I am going to just do one thing at a time ... off to email stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 09, 2024 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the RC stuff done, just need to make the agenda and that project is done. Newsletter is done but I wanted to put the newest findings on young onset dementia as an update. But I can only find video and I need the written article so I will look for it tomorrow.

Got thru email, refilled my pills, and found all the mail piles and gathered them together so I can deal with that.

I am hoping my new "porch" decorations come today so I can make that change and then put all the Christmas stuff away.

Off to deal with twitter.