TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 22, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through January 22, 2024 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 10, 2024 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

It's anti-procrastination day! Maybe I will finally do some laundry, LOL. AND check your oven and stove for things that shouldn't be there, put them away and clean the stovetop.

Got a late start today but I unloaded the dishwasher this morning when I fed the kitties and put everything away when I was brewing the coffee.

My new "porch" decorations came so I can change out the Christmas stuff to Winter/New Year stuff and wait for spring. So I guess I can work on putting away Christmas decs.

Plus I noticed I have a lot of little weird things I need to do. Put a hook on the side of the nightstand (for the little bag to hold the used kleenex when I was sick), put away the flashlights/lanterns that I got at christmas that haven't been given out or I need to use -- this leads to organizing the closet shelf, which has been on my list.

For now I am going to go grab my coffee, clear some email and figure out the rest of my day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 11, 2024 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's errand day and time to clean out the fridge!!

I just want to have a normal quiet day and get some laundry done.

Don't know why I am awake so early but I am going to grab the paper and some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 11, 2024 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru email, still working on the paper since I took a morning nap, LOL.

Took down the more Christmas related garland, the red presents and gold presents, from the my hallway decorations. Shifted the remaining garlands around to emphasize the snowflakes then hung my new winter flags.

Then I packed away the Christmas decorations and have one bin left over for the remaining garland that will come down when the spring garland goes up.

Also took out the boxes and trash. Next up is to dustbust in the office and reorg the upper closet shelf.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 11, 2024 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Christmas boxes are put away in the Storage Room, so the living room is clear again! And I got the new carrier to snap together so that is nice.

We were having trouble getting it to work so I was going to throw it out, but now I have two good carriers for the babies.

I also unplugged everything from my surge protector and gave it a good cleaning. I noticed it was really dusty, LOL, plus I hadn't used the plugs very efficiently so now everything is back plugged in and it is clean.

Time to watch some Perry Mason and play some computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 12, 2024 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Today is Clean your Purse and Car Day plus Sweep and Mop the kitchen floor.

I am going to try and do a load of laundry and wash the spring comforter so it can be put away.

So far just working on some email, feeding the kitties, grab the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 12, 2024 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, laundry is out, my back is bothering me. So I managed to get thru email, and I am working on twitter.

Also cleaned out the fridge of old food; I will take it out to the trash on the way to dinner tonight.

Oh Jeez, just found the pile I gave Sylvester on the desk!! I gave it to him at 12:30; guess he spit it out when I wasn't looking. Got it down him this time, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 13, 2024 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... Its a FUN day ...

I seem to have slept in, LOL, just getting started. Fed the kitties, cleaned the litter boxes, scrapped all the old cat food into a trash bag -- loaded up the dishwasher and got it going.

Now back to bed with the paper, some yogurt and a pile of mail and stuff to deal with while I pay some computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 13, 2024 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email is done, that pile of mail on my desk is done, almost done with Twitter.

Finally went and checked on my retirement account, I was hoping it had grown to 1 billion, gazillion dollars since I checked it in 2021, LOL, but it had only grown normally. So that is finally done! I may have to access it this year.

I also got my Chewy delivery! Holy cow that box was heavy. I was hoping I would get everything in 2 boxes so it wouldn't be so heavy, I had 2 boxes of litter, cat food and treats. Got that open and put away.

I also changed out the towels in the bathroom, and put a new, better flashlight under the sink. I am trading out all my old LED flashlights for new ones that are really bright.

Going to dinner tonight for Pasta!!!! and wine. So probably won't work on any more chores today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday .. A day for reflection and gratitude ...

It's so nice out, but it rained off and on overnight so I opened up the balcony picked up the welcome mat and hung it to drain and dry. It was very wet, LOL. Also had to hang up the towels that cover the milk cartons to dry. I didn't realize we were going to get that much rain.

The chair cushion was pretty damp so I flipped it over to get the air circulating.

Next, in my zeal to order $100 at chewy to get the $30 e-gift card, I didn't notice that Sylvester was almost out of his normal foods! So I had to place a Safeway order this morning for delivery tonight. I do have afew cans of his normal food but not enough for the week, so that is done.

Now I just want to go read the paper and have some yogurt, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

It's Home Blessing Day and this week we are in the bathroom and laundry room. Time to get rid of empty containers / old soap, etc. in both rooms.

Not sure what I am up to today, maybe some laundry and reorg in the closet.

For now, newspaper, yogurt and computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I got the hook put onto my nightstand, finally. I have the laundry ready to go upstairs. And I dusted the one nightstand and cleaned the coasters.

Somehow gotten chilled so I put on the back brace (for running up and down the stairs) and a sweatshirt. I am sure that going up to the laundry will warm me up but I have to wait for general hospital to be over, LOL.

For now I will work no twitter and email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was correct, now I am hot and when I came into my apartment I was like ... it's hot in here, LOL.

ONe load of laundry in and the comforter is also in. I have been working on the office kitty litter area. I needed to dusbust and change out the litter rug. Sylvester had an accident that shot out of the litter box so I had just covered it with litter to let the litter soak it up.

The litter did a good job, so now the rug is out on the balcony to get rained on so it can be scrubbed a little. Now I need to grab the other rug and finish cleaning the floors and walls. Then put it all back together.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Done for the day!!! The laundry is on the bed, the comforter and shams have been put away in their bin. The socks are hanging on the end of the bed drying and the microfiber rags are drying on the bar counter.

The litter box has been wiped down, the walls and baseboards cleaned and everything is back in it's normal place.

I did set up a new flashlight for my office and when I was out on the balcony I found out one of the boxes got wet, I thought it was in a protected area, so I opened it to get all the parts dry. It wasn't sopping, so should be fine by tomorrow.

I have a few more chores but those have moved to my tomorrow list.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

It's planning day, menus, activities, date night and in the bathroom, get rid of old linens - donate them to a shelter; in the laundry room - go behind the washer/dryer looking for lone socks and clear the dustbunnies.

I dustbusted the bathroom and again the office litter box, someone threw a bunch of litter out onto the rug, LOL.

Just went to a presentation on a pill dispenser box that is tied to your phone. It was really cool, sends an alert to your phone to remind you to take your pill and when you go to the dispenser box the highlighted area shows which pills to take. If you open the wrong box it tells you No. Plus they set up communication with your pharmacy to get your refills. Very cool technology.

Now I need to get thru my email, twitter, read the paper and do some chores.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
EMail done, still working on twitter, refilled a bunch of water bottles and also restocked the cat food cabinet. I got a ton of stuff in my Safeway delivery and needed to get it put away.

I had to rearrange my one countertop since I have a box of Fancy Feast that won't fit in the cabinet so I put the blender in a cabinet and that freed up some space to put the FF. So now it's looking back to normal in the kitchen.

Also put the new cat carrier out on the balcony and moved all the towels/blankets away from the edge where we might get some rain. The other parts of the Balcony are more protected and won't get wet unless we get a really good downpour or continuous rain.

So my house is getting back to normal and I have housekeeping tomorrow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesdays' Mission

Time to go thru old cosmetics and get rid of them, then match up all the socks and toss the loners.

I was getting ready for the day and the closet pole I put across the closet fell down!! Startled me and then when I tried to put the one side back up, the other side fell down, LOL. Added that to my sister's list to tighten up the screws.

Anyway I dragged the stepstool in (I have been meaning to get it to reorg my upper shelves) and managed to get it put back up.

Then I started the coffee and took out the newspapers and boxes/trash I had been gathering to the trash/recycling.

So mostly I have been getting ready for housekeeping. I have the bathroom (except for the litter box) ready and the kitchen is ready. So when Karen gets here I will put stuff on the chairs and sofa so the floors are clear.

For now enjoying my coffee, clearing email and playing computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 17, 2024 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Living room is back together except for the stuff on the balcony - Nala decided to take a nap out on the chair.

She did have a really hard day giving the evil eye to Karen, the housekeeper, while she cleaned. I as laughing hysterically at how she really kept an eye on Karen as she lounged on the bed warmer. She didn't close her eyes for one second, LOL.

Bathroom and kitchen are both back together. So now I need to go into the closet and deal with all the boxes, whether I need to keep them or not, and get that organized.

Eventually I will get the stuff off the balcony but it isn't going to rain until Friday so I have a little bit of time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 18, 2024 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand day and time to assess your bathroom supplies.

I woke up with a sore back so, took some advil and will be careful how I move today.

Top of my list is to tighten up the screws on the curtain rod and to reorg/get rid of the empty boxes up on the top shelf. I still have boxes for things I got for Christmas and I think it's time to let them go.

Got the kitchen cleaned up and the dishwasher running, time to grab my coffee and finish reading the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 19, 2024 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Clean out the purse and car day plus time to scrub and clean the bathroom sink and tub.

Woke up with a headache today, I think it's from the weather changing back and forth so much! My plan is to tackle a couple of things on my list.

for now I am working on email but first I need to go and start the coffee and unload the dishwasher while it brews.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 19, 2024 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the closet shelves reorg'd; I needed to go thru the empty boxes to determine which ones to keep; then I moved the ones I need to keep to the top (which is hard to reach).

Now I can put things on the lower shelf when I need to because it is empty and easy to reach.

Finished up unloading the dishwasher. Trying to decide if I want to go down to dinner or just have some of the fun stuff in my freezer.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 20, 2024 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... Go Niners ...

It's a fun day with football, tennis and other stuff. I was going out to lunch but that just cancelled, which is fine by me we have a tasty dinner tonight.

Off to grab the coffee and a muffin and read the paper.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 20, 2024 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Go Niners!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 20, 2024 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I cleaned up the kitchen, Sylvester had mutliple food dishes that he hadn't eaten although he does some back and snack on them sometimes. Everyday we start with a new batch hoping he will down the entire can, LOL.

Since my lunch cancelled I have been playing computer games, and enjoying the rain (sorry Kooklibird).

Hopefully it will stop when I need to walk over to dinner, LOL>

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 21, 2024 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... A quiet reflective day ...

Cleaned up the kitchen and have some old kitty food and other stuff to take to the trash when I go for brunch.

Not much on the plans for the day. Sunday paper, and waiting for the rain.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 22, 2024 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

It's Home Blessing Day and the master bedroom / bath; time to tackle the pile of clothes in the room/closet.

I rescheduled my dental appointment, this week is Resident Council week and I have to prepare for that.

Not sure what I will be doing today, need to make a new list, but for now it's yogurt and the newspaper.