TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 11, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through January 11, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 03, 2023 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Newspaper and games are caught up, working on the rest of email.

Went out and dumped the plant trays and tipped the bin up so that water won't collect and will just go thru the plants. Need to water the inside plants, they are jealous of the rain.

Finished loading the dishwasher and ran it, so now I can unload it.

Need to also check twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 04, 2023 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Not sure what I am up to today, I did do a Safeway order, coming tomorrow so I have time today to think of things I might have forgotten.

I keep thinking there are things I should do while it is not raining and then I remember I can do almost everything (laundry) without going outside, LOL.

For now I am going to go and grab my coffee, clear email and twitter and see what I feel like tackling.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 04, 2023 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email is done, got the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded, started refilling water bottles.

Unpacking my Chewy box so I can put it away.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 04, 2023 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Shoot, sister just called and the wonderful cute doggie jackets I got to match her jacket are too big! She was calling to make sure I still had the reciept so we can return them.

Funny because the pile on the office shelf of reciepts and bags was on my list to deal with, since she had let me know the shirts all fit.

So I have ordered new ones from Amazon and got my emergency radio (that I didn't get for Christmas) as well.

Back to the reciept pile, Chewy box is unpacked now I need to find a place to put this kitty food.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 05, 2023 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Grabbed the paper and yogurt, fed the kitties and opened up the balcony door. Nala is insistent on going out but then doesn't like it when her paws get wet. So she keeps going in and out, LOL.

Back to bed to read the paper and enjoy my yogurt, and check the news.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 05, 2023 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good grief ... it started raining and I dind't realized I was getting a puddle in the dining room where the balcony door was open.

LOL, I wiped up the floor, wiped down the blinds, closed the door and now have everything that was wet drying, ie the rug in front of the door and the towel that was hanging on the door knob to keep it from slamming shut.

I didn't think the rain was coming back until this afternoon, LOL.

Now I am making coffee and going to work on email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 05, 2023 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email is done. I did 5 minutes on the bike, whew did that warm me up! And I am listening to my TCM podcast.

Got my Safeway receipt ... I ordered 3 - litter bottles of soda and one 12 pack of cans (this was in case there were no liter bottles which happens often). I said No substitutions if any of them were not available.

LMAO, I am now getting 4 12 packs!! Now I am trying to figure out where I am going to put all these boxes of soda, LOL.

Starting to gather all the Christmas decorations into one spot and have towels spread around drying (they are the balcony towels I used to clean up the puddles). Back to my chore list.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 05, 2023 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Safeway order received and mostly put away. I found a spot for 2 of the 12 packs, I guess the other two will have to go into the closet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 06, 2023 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Whew, a can of coke fell and started spewing so I managed to grab it and stick it in the kitchen sink. Not sure how much it spewed in the kitchen but I mopped up the office floor, then swept it and I will mop since I don't want any sticky residue.

Then I went to clean the bathroom, dustbusted the floor and noticed that some litter had gotten on the tub edge where the kitties jump up to investigate the tub (not clear what is so intriguing). Anyway it didn't brush off so I grabbed a rag and wiped that off, then used it on the floor and around the toilet.

I have the balcony open so the kitties can enjoy that for a bit. Watered all the inside plants and loaded up the dishwasher then made some coffee.

Off to grab my coffee and get back to my normal routine before the spewing soda can.

Oh and we have a Activities forum at 1pm, so getting ready to go down to that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 06, 2023 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well darn, they are getting new machines in the laundry so I can't do laundry, bummer .... LOL. I do need to do some but now I need to wait about a week. The new machines go in on Monday and there will be a rush so I am thinking maybe next Thursday.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 07, 2023 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

It's a miracle ... I have finally received a PG&# bill. I have been trying to get it into my name and switched over since August. I was expecting a huge bill (and they said they would offer payment plans since it was their problem) but it is only $350. Now I am waiting to actually see the bill, I asked for a hard copy bill for this first one, then I will switch to paperless.

Oh, I haven't seen the bill, I just got the notification from BofA that a new bill had come in, LOL.

I guess I have to do all the other things on my list since I can't do laundry (they have offered shuttle to a laundromat while ours is upgraded). Plus I am going to take down and put away the Christmas stuff.

For now, time to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 08, 2023 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... It's a storm break, time for clean-up

I got the balcony doors open, put the cushion back on the chair. It is a bit drippy but the have been going bakc and forth making wet paw prints on the floor, LOL.

Yeah, the sun is trying to shine. Time for the paper and some yogurt.

And then brunch and taking the Christmas decorations down at the front door. I think I will leave the snowflakes up because they are for winter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 08, 2023 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Brought in the hanging Christmas tree and sign out at my door. Brought in the chair cushion and got the balcony ready for the next storm.

Took out some trash and now working on other things on my list.

Also going out for dinner with my friend, maybe Mexican food!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 09, 2023 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Had great Mexican food at a place very near to my home. The place we had initially planed on was closed on Sundays.

Today I will just be working on putting the Christmas stuff away and the rest of my list.

For now I need to go and start the coffee and probably clean up the kitchen. Also open up the balcony so the kitties can get their feet wet, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 09, 2023 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Christmas tree has made it to the storage room and I have boxed up most of the Christmas decorations.

Unpacked the Chewy box and got the kitty food cabinet restocked, then broke down the boxes to take to the recycle bins.

Kitchen cleaned up and now I need to refill some water bottles. Oh well, tomorrow

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2023 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Hahahaha, opened the balcony because the kitties insist on going out there and getting their paws wet. Rain seems to be over for now.

Just working on my list and getting ready for housekeeping tomorrow. It is a bit tricky this time because I can't put anything out on the balcony so I have been tring to figure out where I can put stuff that I normally stick out there.

Definitely need to take out the boxes / recycling. Sylvester investigated every box and took out any packing materials he found last night, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2023 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
For now it's time for the paper, yogurt and Perry Mason, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2023 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dust busted the bathroom, wow, my new dustbuster is amazing, I love it. Then I took all the boxes out to recycling. Just realized I forgot one.

Re-orged the closet and laundry area a bit so that I will be able to stick stuff in there for tomorrow, at least the rollie will be able to go there.

Making good headway, next up is to rotate the mattress and change the sheets.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2023 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Water bottles are refilled and put away, put away stuff in the kitchen and tossed the months old cookies.

Now making some soup for lunch. And then we will work on the bed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2023 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the dishwasher running, refilled a bunch of water bottles and the bed may have to wait until tomorrow after housekeeping.

I am tired, LOL.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2023 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Maybe the housekeeper could help you rotate the mattress? Slip them a five? You sure rotate a lot more frequently than Bigdog and I do, and there are two of us to handle it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2023 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, it really isn't hard to rotate it, that is the easy part. I think the getting the sheets correct is more of a pain.

I probably need to get a new mattress but with all the other expenses this year I wasn't ready to do that. I need to figure out what is the best mattress for me, and I haven't figured that out yet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 11, 2023 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Got the dishwasher unloaded and dishes put away, taking up the scratching posts and stuff off the floors to get ready for housekeeping. Plus it's the clue for the kitties, they don't listen when I tell them Stephanie or Karen is coming today, LOL.

Off to take a shower and finish getting ready.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 11, 2023 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Housekeeping is here, good thing I started early today so this will be done quickly and over so I can do my normal routines.

For now I will just play computer games and clear email. Oh I got my hair curled so that chore is done.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 11, 2023 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
House is clean and I have started putting everything back in place. Opened the balcony door for the kitties and now have kitty prints on the floor. I guess I will pull out the microfiber mop and do the floors again once they get over the need to go out in the rain.

I don't know what is so fascinating out there other than its a closed door. Everything looks great so now I need to do some detailed dusting on the night stands and shelving unit in the bedroom.