TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 15, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through December 15, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 06, 2023 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I made $12 on my stuff, and I traded one lazy susan for a lovely small bowl to put Churu in for Sylvester. And I am thrilled that I got rid of the lazy susans, been trying to give them away for months.

I swear I couldn't give away the bags of kitty treats, LOL. I am going to have to find out who has kitties and drop them off on their doorsteps.

Now time for twitter and all the other stuff I need to do, but housekeeping came while I was out and need to finish, then I can put stuff back where it belongs and do some detailed dusting.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 06, 2023 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and I got several different Persimmon snacks -- dried chips, bars and cookies. I was thinking they would be good stocking stuffers but now I just thought, Hmmmm, should they go in the fridge? One of the gals here makes preserves and jams all the time. I got one of the snacks for me, LOL they are really tasty.

Put the living room back together since Sylvester was climbing on the coffee table checking out the boxes that are Christmas presents, LOL.

Rain is over and my balcony didn't get wet at all, just hit some of the windows.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/sp.php#missions

Holiday -- check your lists, do you have all the stuff you need for your holiday meal, etc

Today -- It's Errand Day and time to scrub the kitchen sink.

I am off to get my Covid Shot, couldn't fit it in before Thanksgiving so now I have some time.

When I get back I need to work on Christmas stuff, cards and presents, plus do some detailed dusting.

Hopefully then the rain will have come and gone so I can put my balcony back together and get all the cushions and towels out of the living room, LOL.

Off to work on email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I got to Kaiser at 12:40, was in an out with my covid shot in 1 minute, thank goodness because they had a sign that said "closed between 12:45 and 1:45 for lunch! I would have been very annoyed if I missed it, LOL.

It started to rain, just occasional drops while I was waiting for my ride home, but it was mostly just drizzle.

Now it really is raining! So just a bit late since I saw they were predicting it for 1:15.

Ordered some foods from Taco Bell, I have been craving it and then I can stay home tonight.

Off to see what's up with twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 08, 2023 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Holiday -- Spend 15 minutes wrapping and decorating today.

Today -- Clean out the car and purse. AND Clean off the top of the fridge and wipe it down / dust it. Check for any cobwebs as well.

I am behind!! We had an Android Training Class that lasted for 2 hours, I thought it was great, but clearly we need one for the people who don't have a clue and those that just need some extra explanations.

I didn't realize that I hadn't authorized my mik for texting and I couldn't figure out where to enable it. Took 2 seconds for them to help me. And I got the answer to the one thing I have wanted to know. YES, you CANNOT remove the Google page that is on the left swipe. It is permanent, LOL.

So now I am going to go put the balcony back together, the sun is shining and will be for then next 8ish days. Then I need to finish unloading the dishwasher, figure out the Christmas presents, and I want to put the winter comforter on. So that means I need to rotate the mattress and change the sheets as well. That may have to wait until tomorrow.

Off to twitter and email! Oh and I can't believe it, the Holiday Fund has grown to $5000! I have been worried we were only going to have about $2000.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 08, 2023 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cushions and towels back out where they belong, and it is so nice out!

Then I grabbed a couple of boxes out of the box pile to see if some of my presents fit. Still need a box for the sweater, but there might be one out there that will work. Next time I am up I will grab it and see.

Got thru email, time to work on twitter, then dinner, then maybe I will dust. Oh shoot, I just realized I haven't done my games, LOL. Some have daily rewards.

Twitter first, then food.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, December 08, 2023 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Is he "Holiday Fund" the ti fund for the employees? Ours is voluntary, but places are assessed!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 09, 2023 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission -- Have a really fun day --

Yes, TNT, it is a voluntary tip fund. How can yours be voluntary if you are assessed? We ask people to give what they can, some give very small amounts and others are more generous. So far we have $5100 from 129 units. I chuckled because the Director said someone gave him $15 for the fund, that might have been all they could afford, but some of these people really don't understand tipping for service.

So I just spent a bit of time calculating how much money we can give each person. I did a calculation based on hours worked, but then I did one more on time on the job and position. Meeting with the other officers Monday or Tuesday to go over the info.

Today I am thinking I might just concentrate on cleaning my bedroom, ie doing the detailed dust of the knickknacks, change the sheets, rotate the mattress, etc. Then tomorrow concentrate on Christmas stuff.

We shall see, I ended up sleeping in until 9:30, LOL, I am normally awake at 7:30 but I don't have an alarm on weekends so must needed the sleep.

Off to email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 09, 2023 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
email done, went to dust the bathroom shelf and found Sylvester had had an accident. So I grabbed some gloves and the Clorox wipes and got that cleaned up. It wasn't bad but he gets embarrassed. He mostly hit the litter box, but some exceeded the boundaries, LOL.

Anyway no dusting was done. Oh I did hear from our treasurer and we are up to $5670, so I re-calculated my tip estimates for $5700. If need be I will donate another $30.

Sylvester is how happy that his "mistake" is gone and is killing a mouse (toy).

Nala is so nosy she had to come and see why the bathroom door was closed, it never is, but I had to move the litter box over and that required a closed door, LOL.

All is back to normal in their world and I am moving on to twitter before I go for dinner.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 10, 2023 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... a day for reflection and thanks

Haven't done much today. Woke up at 6am with a bad stomach ache that led to some throwing up, only I didn't have anything on my stomach. No fever, went back to sleep and woke up sometime later feeling a little better but wondering what the heck that was.

Is it possible to have a reaction to my covid shot a day and a half later? Got my shot at 12:30 on Thursday.

Anyway, so I have mostly been having a sick day, LOL, even tho I am not really sick anymore. Having some chicken noodle soup for late lunch, which made me realize I need to buy some more.

Safeway order in on the list for today, so that is helpful.

Trying to get caught up, got thru the newspaper, had some yogurt, and an egg muffin, now trying some coffee, working my way thru email and all the other stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 10, 2023 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru email, started on twitter and have been making some headway on my games.

Off to make a Safeway order.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 11, 2023 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Holiday -- Any Homemade gifts left to make, time to finish that up.

Today -- Home Blessing Day AND time to clear off the bathroom counters, get everything put away where it belongs.

Much to do today, mostly Christmas related. I did get the bathroom shelf dusted and put back together yesterday so I am ahead of the mission. Time to do the bedroom, I need to detail dust and do the bed (rotate, sheets, new comforter and shams).

LOL, it's been on the list for a week or so, so it is time. And I also want to clear out some of my pantry foods, I have a bunch of stuff I should check the dates and then donate to the food bank bin.

Plus I need to recalc the bonus's but I think I will wait to see if any final money's come in today.

Off to read the paper and have some yogurt while I wait for my Safeway delivery.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 11, 2023 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Brewed some coffee and loaded up the dishwasher. Stripped part of the bed but of course, Nala came to help so took a break. The pillows are stripped and all the kitty toys are off the bed, sheets are half off and then Nala decided it would be nice to groom while laying on the mattress pad, LOL.

Now I am working on other office stuff, I swept the hallway/office, off to twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 11, 2023 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bed stripped, mattress rotated, pulled out the sheets and need to decide which ones to use, LOL.

In the meantime I have been getting ready to go down to hear The Pleasant Hill Adventist Academy Children do a singing presentation at 1pm. Should be interesting, too bad some of these groups don't put together spring concerts. We seem to be inundate with people wanting to come by this month.

So the house is a mess, LOL, I still have some of my Safeway delivery to put away, just dealt with the fridge and freezer stuff when it came.

And I have a couple of piles in the bedroom, the comforter to wash, and the pillows, etc, to redo for the bed.

For now just finishing up email, refilling kibble containers and then have to go dry my hair so I can be ready to go.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 11, 2023 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my that was very cute ... 20+ children from grades 2-4 sang and sort of performed. I guess they have a Christmas play that is put on and they are the singers in the background. They use hand movements and marching, it was really cute. They didn't do traditional songs until the end when they blended Joy to the World into their songs. It was darling.

Guess I should go put on the sheets now, I have delayed long enough.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 11, 2023 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, sheets are on, new comforter and shams put on and the bedroom is mostly back together. Just need to decide if I am throwing away the sheets (I think they may have had their day) and I have 3 other sets.

Then I need to figure out where to stick the comforter and shams until I can take them to the laundry.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, December 11, 2023 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Our tip fund is voluntery but SOME places have an assessment. Our staff receive amounts figured on length of service and hours worked just as you are doing. i have to say that our dtaff is remarkable in terms of attitude and helpfulness -

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 12, 2023 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Holiday take everything to the post office, close to the last day for shipping.

Today -- clean the tubs and sinks in the bathroom.

I have been working on the Holiday Tip Fund calculations, we got some more money. Have a meeting at 1pm to go over the distribution. I want to make sure my numbers are fair and not preferential to anyone. There were a lot of unhappy people about how the money was distributed last year because those in charge gave more to the people they liked, LOL.

I am behind on email, so off to get that handled.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, December 12, 2023 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Some folks should not be in positions of responsibility and/or pawer!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 12, 2023 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Agree TNT ... We finished up our meeting, I asked and made sure that everyone felt our distribution was fair. We have one new server who wasn't on the list so I suggested we give her $50, they agreed so we were able to have money for everyone. Now I can only hope that neither of the board members lose the spreadsheet with the actual numbers. I don't want that getting out into the "universe", LOL.

I sent the minutes and agenda out to printing and now I am working with the publisher on the Newsletter. Once that is done I will have everything handled for RC until the meeting on the 22nd.

Now I can get back to getting my Christmas cards and presents handled.

For now I am done with twitter, time to recheck email and then catch up my computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 13, 2023 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Hahahahahaha, wonder why I put Friday on yesterday's mIssion, LOL>

It's Anti-procrastination day ... take those packages to the post office for mailing AND time to wipe down all the lightswitches, doorknobs and phones in your house.

Just getting started, it is so nice out! there is ton of sunrays for the kitties to bask in, LOL.

I am just going to read the paper, have some yogurt and watch Perry Mason ... LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 13, 2023 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the dishwasher going, cleaned up my candlesticks from the power failure and got them back into their places.

Ordered some new kitty grass for the furbabies and now I am working on email. Also dusted some of the office furniture.

My goals today are Christmas cards and presents AND chop the second floor off the cardboard condo my friend gave me for the kitties. Then it will fit under the TV table, LOL, and they haven't gone on the second floor ever so I think they won't miss the roof.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 13, 2023 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email done! Nala decided to eat some grass and then go throw up on the floor so I got that cleaned up and then I cut the roof off the cardboard house. It was a little more work than I thought it would be (I had to cut the walls down a bit as well) so there is still a "attic" but you have to duck your head to go in there, LOL. It fits under the TV table and they can still access all the parts they like.

Then I watered the inside plants, so I got a few chores done.

Oh my kitty grass just came so I can finish cleaning the bar counter, got rid of the dying stuff and have fresh grass.

Time to catch up on twitter and my computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 14, 2023 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand day, ship those final Christmas packages, and pick up anything still missing.

Also see if you have anything else to wrap, make any appointments needed for next week, then move onto the office/guest room. Dust / clear out clutter and empty the trash. If you have time, sweep or do a quick vacuum.

I got the dishwasher unloaded and mostly put away, the coffee mug bottoms are drying on the mat. Also watered the kitty grass and made a Chewy order.

I definitely have to do Christmas Cards today, and then wrap up the gifts. Oh and I need to detail dust my bedroom display case, and clean the bedroom window -- I noticed a bunch of kitty nose prints on the lower pane, LOL.

For now I have been working on email, enjoying some coffee, still need to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 15, 2023 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

I can't figure out what I did all day yesterday but the cards and gifts didn't get done. I am off schedule a bit but I have my hair up, it's Moose Lodge Bingo night!!

So I have to run out the recycling and some trash, working on email, and having some coffee.

Already read the paper and just need to get the rest of my normal things done. I figure I will order my dinner for pickup and then I will have that for lunch tomorrow.

Off to email.