TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 29, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through January 29, 2024 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 22, 2024 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

It's Home Blessing Day and the master bedroom / bath; time to tackle the pile of clothes in the room/closet.

I rescheduled my dental appointment, this week is Resident Council week and I have to prepare for that.

Not sure what I will be doing today, need to make a new list, but for now it's yogurt and the newspaper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 22, 2024 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I got the water bottles all refilled, gathered some more stuff for the food bank, and loaded up the dishwasher.

Also washed the "popcorn tin" so I can put it out on the free table.

Got my list made up, oh I need to order drugs ... off to do that.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, January 22, 2024 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You finally got a FREE table! Yay!! Are people using it?

Oh! Word of advice - make sure it is clear that it is NOT the table that is free, but the items on it are. Someone took the table from our clubhouse because it said free table. LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 22, 2024 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, isn't it amazing Juju. The VP put some stuff out on at TV tray table, the table wasn't included in the free stuff BUT someone actually took the table!!

I never cease to be amazed at how people interpret
"free".

We don't have the table yet, but the new manager has approved it and I know the activities manager was working on a flyer. I asked for it to be on the first floor but I am hearing it will be in the laundry room (which is on the 3rd floor) and not everyone goes to the laundry. BUT we are finally getting it so I am not complaining.

Next up ... a bin to recycle Aluminum Cans.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 23, 2024 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Today is planing day ...menu, wardrobe, doctors and take 15 minutes to locate and remove any things that have migrated to the master bedroom and should be elsewhere.

I ran the dishwasher this morning, working on email and putting together the minutes for distribution.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 23, 2024 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Inside plants are watered and I opened up the balcony, the Sun has arrived!!

Got the minutes stapled and sent out the email for distribution. Also updated the vacant apartment list.

Finished up email and now working on twitter.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, January 23, 2024 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
The definition of "free" is anything not actually nailed down or attached with chains to a wall or other substantial structure - FYI!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, January 23, 2024 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

... it will be in the laundry room

ACK!!! If there is a table in the laundry room, it is for folding laundry. So Granny folds her unmentionables, gets a call of nature, runs back to the apartment, and the next thing you know the next door neighbor is wearing Granny's freshly laundered undies.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - 2:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Yep! Granny's undies would be long gone here! The rule inthe laudry rooms here - one per floor, two washers and two dryers each - is that any laundry in either appliance that has finished its cycle can be removed to the folding table or the top of a dryer.

There are several comfortable - although shabby- chairs in each of ours and I just take a book to enjoy!

It is one of the great blessings of my life that I can always take a bookalong to enjoy!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, nope there is already a pretty large folding table in front of the windows, this will be back against a wall.

We only have the one laundry room and it is quite big. I had originally thought the back wall would be a great place for a free table.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

It's Anti-procrastination day and clean off those nightstands!

I will have to check my list to see what has been on it for the longest and do that, LOL.

For now, the paper, the news and some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email is done, and I got several big responses done to the new manager and the activities manager.

Now I am going to go dust the nightstand and TV table that I have been procrastinating about, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 25, 2024 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand day and clean off your dressers, if you have one, then give it a good dusting.

I have Chinese lunch!! Then I need to do some chores since I seem to have spent most of my day yesterday sending out email replies. I swear people do not read anymore. I send an email and they say "Yes", and I say you didn't answer the question, it is not a yes or no answer. So I end up with 3 emails instead of 1. So frustrating.

So grabbed my coffee, time to do makeup. OH, I did call Safeway and ask them to mail Slyvesters pills, we shall see tomorrow if that happens. I wasn't getting much of a response with the pharmacy rep. I wonder if I should just switch my prescription to Chewy

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 25, 2024 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Excellent food!!! And great conversation so now I can have a day of "chores" after I read the paper and catch up on my computer games.

It is beautiful out so it was nice to drive around a bit. I have the balcony open so the kitties are enjoying the sunshine.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 26, 2024 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Declutter your purse and car day!! Plus it's time to change the sheets! If possible flip the mattress and spray some lysol or another bacterial spray if you had had a cold!

I have been busy, took out 3 bags of kitty poop and some old kitty food, dustbusted the comforter of treat crumbs, cleaned up and loaded the dishwasher and started rebagging the cans.

My sister is coming over tomorrow so we will deal with the mattress then and I can change the sheets, and we will be taking all the cans over to recycling!

Now I am working on email, twitter and getting ready for my RC meeting at 1pm.

Oh I forgot, I did dustbust the office kitty litter area and I ran out the recycling.

YEah!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 26, 2024 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Meeting went well except for the 2 guys in the culinary committee, they don't seem to get the concept that they are to discuss general issues.

Today one of them wanted to give "background" and proceeded to tell us that he and his wife moved in because of the food, then she got dimentia and died and he thinks you should get bigger portions.

I have told this guy many times he can ask for things, apparently he has been here over a year and just recently learned he could ask for ice cream. Amazing, I have never seen so many people have ice cream at dinner so I don't know how he missed it.

Then the other guy keeps wanting the Entree salad to be available as a side salad, and spoke alot about how people need to know what kind of chicken is being served because of allergies. I checked and there are no chicken allergies based on breasts versus thighs, but apparently that was what he meant. I am so sorry I sic'ed these guys on the new manager and chef.

Other than that, most people were happy with all the changes going on but want the manager to be at the meetings, which probably won't happen since her schedule is Sunday thru Thursday, but I will let her know that she need to have a meeting where they can ask her questions.

So that is over for a month and now I can start working on the newsletter for Feb.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, January 26, 2024 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
We had a "Town Hall" meeting monthly wherethe whole executive staff attends to hear our coucerns and respond to them. I will say that I am totally impressed with the fact that each and ever y one of them pitches in to get done whatever needs to be done. The executive director buss! es tables if that need doing and the dining room staff is short! I was taught that a leader leads from in front and Tim truly does that!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 27, 2024 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday!! A beautiful day to get outside

I am going out to breakfast with my sister, off to the can recycling place, we have 4 bags full. I must remember to make a recycle and goodwill committee to handle this going forward. We will need someone to be in charge of the "free table" to drop off the excess stuff at goodwill, maybe they can do the cans too.

I want to swing by the Restore to see if they have any "attractive" bulbs for my old fashioned bathroom light fixture ... think Hollywood lights across the top with those round bulbs, LOL.

Then hopefully we won't be too pooped out to flip/rotate the mattress.

Busy day but fun!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 28, 2024 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday .... It's a beautiful day for a football game; GO San Francisco 49er's!!!

Had a great day yesterday, excellent breakfast (I have some bacon and hashbrowns leftover for today!!!), got the new bulbs for my bathroom and I love them -- they are Edison bulbs and look so much better.

Took the cans to recycling and got $28

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 28, 2024 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So excited!! AMX called and helped me get my AMX account working again! So I transferred money, which was on my list of things to do. I am just so happy that I can now transfer money from my account again!

Back to yesterday ... we went to the Restore to see if they had the bulbs, since the fixture is the old kind, they didn't have any but I got a cute little bookcase for the end of my bed. The kitties seem to like to sit on a box I had there, so I got them a piece of furniture. I think I will put extra blankets on the shelves.

Now I am working on email since I never got around to that yesterday. And it is time to start the coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 28, 2024 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email done, twitter done, dishwasher running and now I can crawl back into bed, read the paper, have some coffee and take naps until the 9er's game!!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 3:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
You get moNEY for recycling? Must be z CA thing - anybody else/ Here curbside recycling pick-up is weekly or bi-weekly depending on the area. There are neighborhood centers ss well where you do your own drop-off -

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
8.44am ... Monday's Mission

Home Blessing Day ... I have a lot to do, LOL. I didn't realize we had a kitty throw up - it blends with the rug, and I stepped in it and tracked it around a bit, so some floor work is in my future.

Need to unload the dishwasher and clean up the kitchen. I ordered some new kitty grass and I see to have a bunch of little projects to deal with.

AND I need to change the sheets so that means rotating the mattress. I need to do some research on buying a new mattress.

Off to have yogurt and the newspaper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, TNT, yes if you take your recycling down to a center that pays for it. We do have normal curbside recycling where they pick it up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 29, 2024 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Coffee brewed while I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. Got my kitty grass from PetExpress. The manager said they were pretty pitiful but he sent the best in case my cats were expecting them, LOL, and he gave me a full refund. I thought that was very nice.

Got my box of new pillows opened and replaced the ones in the shams which were very flat. Now I guess I will decide if I want a Door Dash lunch/dinner after I have some coffee and a muffin.