TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 14, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through April 14, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 02, 2023 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... A beautiful day in the neighborhood.

So annoyed, I didn't get my Sunday paper so it throws me off my normal routine. I know I can read it online but I don't like it, LOL.

Working on email/twitter, and printing stuff from the online paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 03, 2023 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Had a fun day at the play and then dinner with my friend getting caught up on her trip to Hawaii. As I suspected, the play "Sweat", which is a Pulizter Prize winner from 2016 was depressing. Also too long, they could have cut some of the stuff out that didn't really add value and made it a 1.5 hour play. It wasn't bad but as I told my friend, I want entertainment and so far she has made me see odd/depressing plays, LOL. She agrees and we are hoping the last of the series, In the Heights, will be light and uplifting.

Today I have cleaned up the kitchen by putting away all the dishes from the dishwasher, refilling all the water bottles and brewing some coffee.

I have to go to the bank today at 3:30pm to sign the papers for the RC, for now I am working on clearing my email, there is a lot since I didn't do any yesterday afternoon, and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 03, 2023 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dustbusted the bathroom and ended up cleaning the toilet, LOL, still need to put some baking soda and vinegar down the sink - it is running slow, but I can't get the stopper thing out so I put the problem on my sister's list. Which reminds me, I need to email/call to see if she wants to come by for Easter brunch/lunch.

Ok, back to email

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 03, 2023 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy cow, it took almost an hour to set up the bank accounts. All we wanted to do was take 2 people off and put 2 new people on, what an ordeal. But at least it is done and we won't have to do it again.

Finally home ... and it's time to go for dinner.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 04, 2023 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesdays' Mission

My thighs are sore from my walk to the bank so I am moving slowly today. Guess I should ride my bike.

I want to finish up my RC stuff, take out some boxes and recycling and just not go anywhere today, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 04, 2023 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, got the kitty food restocked, moved the sodas onto the back of the shelf and moved some miscellaneous things elsewhere.

Redid my RC bag, I am using a purse that will work better, redid all my lists so I can focus on the most important stuff.

Decided I am going to have dinner delivered so I don't have to even change clothes if I don't want to, LOL.

Next up water plants and finishing email.

Hahahaha, guess I am going to have to change clothes my phone keeps falling out of my jammie pocket, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 04, 2023 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mattress is rotated, it's not that hard but taking a break, LOL.

Earlier I put some baking soda and vinegar down the bathroom drain, I could hear the foaming down in the drain for quite a while.

The indoor plants are watered, still need to check the outdoor ones.

Sylvester is inspecting the mattress pad. Think I will finish making the agenda for the next RC meeting so I can send that out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 05, 2023 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

LOL, all yesterday and this morning I have been warning the kitties that "new Stephanie" was coming today for housekeeping. Then when I took out the boxes I ran into Stephanie and my brain kicked in that she had retired yet, it was APRIL 30th, not March when she would retire. WE both laughed.

So yesterday I did get the new sheets on the bed, then finished up the agenda and minutes corrections and sent those out.

This morning I moved a few more things that I usually get up off the floor, so we are basically ready to rock and roll for cleaning. Just the bathroom kitty box and water to pick up when Stephanie gets here.

For now I am working a little on clearing email and then yogurt and the newspaper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 05, 2023 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Our favorite cleaning lady just left, she is retiring - from here, so won't have an awful commute from Stockton. Her job there is 5 minutes from her house, I am happy for her but sad for me, she is the better of the two cleaners. She did tell me that they are replacing her with 2 people (they kept telling her the budget wouldn't allow them to hire when she asked), that's what always happens although she has been here long enough her salary might support to more.

Anyway, I got email cleared out and got all the stuff off the balcony back in place, and OMG, how wonderful is it outside! Just perfect.

Still need to put the bathroom back together but waiting for the floor to dry. And I have some detail dusting to do. I also need to water the outside plants so I grabbed the watering pail.

For now, off to grab some lunch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Was getting some weird pop up messages about my computer so I shut it down and now am getting started on stuff.

I dustbusted the bathroom and have been working on email, trying to deal with each item instead of passing over it. Did my vote for GE Stock, reviewed the Concord Senior Center stuff - printed some of it so I can maybe use it for RC or the Newsletter.

Refilled my pills and the kitty kibble holder. Cleaned the counter top and all the stuff on it - I have a lovely tray that holds some pretty liquor bottles, LOL.

Seems like I am doing a lot of little things here and there.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 06, 2023 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dustbusted the living room and office, I am determined to have my clean floors from Wednesday last a few days, LOL.

So now working on clearing email and twitter and watching "The Nurses Ball" on General Hospital.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 07, 2023 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Not much on the list to do today, still a bunch of RC stuff but not many cleaning chores.

Going for Chinese food today and there will be a fire alarm drill at 12:30pm.

Off to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 08, 2023 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Had a great Chinese lunch and then ran around, went to the Home Restore but it had moved so then we went there. I didn't like it as much because now it's like a real furniture store, not the "leftover" stuff store where everything is stacked up and you can find really good deals.

It didn't look like they were totally moved in so maybe it will get back to having great deals one they get settled.

Today I have got the dishwasher running and the balcony set up.

For now it is time to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 09, 2023 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday .. Happy Easter ..

Beautiful out and going for an Easter Buffet at the "Country Club". It's really just a golf course, LOL, but they do a good Easter buffet.

For now, some yogurt and the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 09, 2023 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Had a fabulous Easter Brunch ... lots of mimosas, ceasar salad, shrimp, rolls, chicken, eggs benedict, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies - including asparagus and brussels sprouts!, carved roast beef.

Then for dessert and amazing array of things, but I just had the strawberry cake, carrot cake and I tried one of their homemade donuts-which was pretty good.

Got home in time to see how the "Easter Egg Hunt" would work. Several people with walkers came out and grabbed an egg, one person on scooter then went around and grabbed all the others, LOL. The plastic eggs were filled with jelly beans.

Mostly everyone just came out in the courtyard to enjoy the amazingly beautiful weather!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 09, 2023 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH and my Safeway delivery just came so I put that all away and now I am clearing email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Finally got the dishwasher unloaded, and then reloaded, wiped down the counters. I need to wipe down the microwave, I noticed it seemed like it has a film over the front. Once I put away the coffee mugs, the bottoms are drying, then I will wipe it down.

Trying to decide whether I should have a meal delivery today. I love just being home on beautiful days, sitting on the balcony with a cocktail, reading my book.

For now just having coffee, clearing email and printing some of the newspaper -- it didn't come today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 10, 2023 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru email, got all the dishes put away and swept the living room.

Working on twitter and the RC Survey.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 11, 2023 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Time to get back to work. My paper came so the day feels back to normal. I did get the survey finished and it looks great. Now to get it copied and distributed.

Still have a pile of folders to go thru and deal with but today I have a meeting of the Communication Committee about the newsletter so I want to make them a masthead so they don't put a weird title on it like they did this time. The called it "Newsletter of the Communication Committee of the Carlton Senior Living Resident Council".

First I have to give the "editor" some grief, because this sounds like a newsletter of the communication committee and not the community. And he is a stickler about grammar and stuff and has insulted quite a few people, he's a former Professor in the UC system.

Anyway, time to read the paper and have some yogurt and watch the news of the day-- so glad they reinstated Justin Jones.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 11, 2023 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's a great day !! Another happy event ... Elizabeth Holmes has to report to jail!!! It has annoyed me that she wasn't already serving her time, like other defendant's (who aren't white and rich).

I cleaned up the bathroom, dustbusted the floors, did some spot mopping. Plus I am gluing my decorative container that holds the kitty litter bag. It's just cardboard and sometimes the bottom gets loose.

Also cleaned up the kitchen while I got the coffee brewing, then ran the newspapers and recycling out to the bins.

Need to do my face so I can go to the "hypertension" presentation at 11:30.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 12, 2023 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Missin

Hypertension meeting was fun, I need to find an allergy medicine that won't impact blood pressure.

Then I had a Communication Committee meeting. That went well and I learned that the person who has been doing the printing, does the job then removes the ink so she doesn't use it for her own stuff. I was surprised since I can't imagine that she prints that much stuff for herself and since we are "using" her printer it would be okay to use our ink a bit. But I had been wondering if it would be cheaper to go to my printing source.

Anyway, not sure what I am up to for today. I got up early and fed the kitties, played some games and then been napping, LOL.

Time for the paper and come coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 13, 2023 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Slacking off a bit, not sure what the plan is for the day, maybe nothing, LOL.

I was up early but had another nap, still need to read the paper. Coffee is brewed.

Just clearing email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 13, 2023 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, so no lunch appointment tomorrow so that leaves it open for Laundry. Today I will just do little chores here and there, and maybe finish logging all my notes for the RC into one place.

Also need to water the plants and refill water bottles.

Email is done and I am working on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 13, 2023 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was feeling cold, and it isn't cold, so I rode my bike for 10 minutes.

Dustbusted the office and living room, then watered the indoor plants and grabbed the pail so I can do the outdoor plants.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 14, 2023 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Busy day!! Got the laundry started, then brewed the coffee and refilled water bottles. Also loaded up the dishwasher and then I opened up packages.

I ordered 6 prescription refills and they sent them in individual packages, I couldn't believe it! Now I have to remember to ask for them to be sent together.

Now working on email, twitter and some other piles of mail.