TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 15, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through May 15, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 06, 2023 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Juju, I think my community is over 80 but I have seen some new residents that seem younger.

OUr activities manager said she might buy a Margarita machine but I assured her it wasn't worth the money based on the ones I have seen on Big Brother.

They usually just do beer and wine for our Happy Hours.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... Happy May ..

Had a fantastic dinner last night, mexican, and have leftovers for days, LOL. Must remember to do a yelp review.

Just reading the Sunday paper, playing games. Now that my back seems to be better it's time to get the bike back into play. So I will go and ride while my coffee brews.

Planning to work on the minutes for the RC, make a sign-in sheet and schedule a meeting for next week.

Maybe I will have a margarita, in honor of Cinco de Mayo, this afternoon and read my book on the balcony. That sounds fun.

Off to ride my bike.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bike done and I grabbed my coffee, plus I cleaned up most of the kitty throw-up that I keep forgetting about. Just need to run the dustbuster over it.

But first enjoy my coffee and clear email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 08, 2023 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

It's Home Blessing Day, I do need to get the dustbuster out, LOL.

But for now, brewing coffee and clearing email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

This week is the kitchen, time to clean out that silverware drawer, LOL.

I think I am back to normal. I can't figure out what keeps giving me a stomach ache, sort of out of the blue, every now and again. I had coffee w/cream, a blueberry muffin, then shortly thereafter stomach ache. I swear I am starting to suspect the muffin since it doesn't happen when I just have coffee. We shall see how I am after coffee today.

So I have a bunch of stuff to deal with today that didn't get handled yesterday. The kitties were insane last night. Somehow Nala knocked a kitty scratcher box off it's table which sent the Heavy painting askew. Then Sylvester jumped up on a table where I had set the dustbuster which sent it flying. It might have a broken part now.

I got it put back together and vac'ed up the mess but it won't hook into place, I may have to add duck tape to secure it.

For now I am going to have some yogurt and read the paper, then see how I feel.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got email cleared, caught up on my games and puzzles, had some coffee and read the paper. Feeling pretty good but decided I would do chicken noodle soup and crackers for lunch.

Put together a Safeway order, skipped the blueberry muffins, LOL, they are delivering tonight. Then I ordered a dinner delivery, I am trying the "Street Dog".

I did get the dishwasher loaded and I need to start thinking about getting ready for Housekeeping tomorrow. Need to take out some recycling and trash.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Recycling and trash out, plus I refilled water bottles so the kitchen is almost ready for tomorrow. Just have to put things away from the counters in the morning.

Just waiting for my Safeway order.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, delivery came and I got some donuts to replace the blueberry muffins, LOL.

Most everything is put away, need to grab that very heavy box of kitty litter and move it into the office.

But for now, off to enjoy TV and playing some games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 10, 2023 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

It's Anti-procrastination day and clean out your fridge mission.

I feel great today! So maybe I have developed a sensitivity to blueberries.

Been getting ready for Housekeeping. My favorite, Stephanie, retired so I have no idea who is coming so I haven't been ablet to warn the kitties. I think they have a clue since a bunch of stuff has moved out to the balcony. I am all ready except for moving the bathroom litter box out.

I took out some more trash and moved a box onto the balcony, stuck my trashcan that holds potting soil in it, so now the kitties have another perching place.

Now I am working on clearing email, then I will go back to the bedroom and play games on my tablet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 10, 2023 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email cleared, scratcher pads ordered, insurance paid and now it's time to see what is happening on Twitter

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 10, 2023 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Carolina, the new housekeeper came pretty late, 3pm, she did an ok job but that may have been because she was trying to finish up her day. I think she is supposed to be off at 3pm. She moved a lot faster than Stephanie and did do a really good job dusting.

I have the bathroom back in order - the most important because the kitty box is back in place, hahahahaha. I still need to bring everything in off the balcony but the kitties seem to be fascinated by all the stuff out there for now. So I will do that later.

OH and I got the kitty food back into its spot on the kitchen counter with a new placemat.

Now I am going to go play some computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 11, 2023 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Today is Errands and declutter your plastic wrap and foil drawer.

Ran the dishwasher this morning, restocked my morning, night and mid pill containers, working on clearing email.

Have a 1pm presentation of the Wellness Cafe, I am interested to see what that is all about.

So I grabbed my coffee and now I am working on twitter, yelp reviews, email and desk chores.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 11, 2023 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting presentation, got some good info. I need to increase the strength of my quad muscles and my upper body strength. They are available thru insurance and offer occupation and physical therapy. But, of course, they Kaiser won't play with them, LOL. I will call and see how much a private appointment costs.

I stopped and checked the suggestion box and I got a few survey's back.

Need to do the minutes and agenda, Don asked me about it today, he doesn't seem to understand the process but I let him know, again, that I will do the proposed agenda and send it to him for additions and changes.

Guess I will finish clearing email and then start on the minutes and agenda.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 12, 2023 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Declutter purse and car plus clean out / restock under the kitchen sink.

Today is Moose BINGO day! Looking forward to it even tho I never win, LOL. They have yummy snacks, good cocktails and fun games.

Also have a meeting with the Welcoming Committee to see if I can get them to back off the new residents until they have had a chance to acclimate before they swope down on them.

For now I am enjoying coffee, got my hair in curlers, am clearing email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 12, 2023 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, email is cleared working on twitter now and it is time for my meeting which I hope is as short as I had planned.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, May 12, 2023 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
We have Bingo three times a week - Monday, Wednesday and Friday - about 35-40 players each time. I won twice on Monday and once on Wednesda - not today! My lucky number is 13, and I always choose a card with B13 on it. On Freaky Friday we can play as many cards as we want and I usually play four!

I really like the fact that in addition to candy and various shacks prizes also imclude things like TP, paper towels, deoderant sprays, laundry deterfent, shampoo, toothpaste, etc! How much junk food should seniors eat???

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 13, 2023 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Todays mission is have fun with your family.

I doubled my steps yesterday so today my back is sore so I need to ride my bike and do some slow stretches, LOL.

BUT it was so fun at the Moose Lodge! I actually came close to winning a couple of games, the margaritas were excellent and the appetizers were good too.

The next one is June 16th!

For now I am going to go play games, I am behind from all my running around yesterday, read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 13, 2023 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, TNT, I will have to inquire about the prizes, I think it is only money.

They have "dime bingo" on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, $5 Bingo on Saturday and Sunday.

We have bingo fanatics here! But I really only play at the Moose Lodge fundraisers because they are fun people (not saying those here aren't) and they serve cocktails!!

The most popular thing here is canned soda, it's not served at meals so when they have special events that serve soda it's a big draw.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 13, 2023 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the dishwasher unloaded, dustbusted the bathroom and got thru my email.

I transferred all my games from the old tablet to the new one, I suspect the power pole thingie on the old tablet is going to break off at some point. I noticed it was bent a bit, don't know how that happened, and we are already on the second power plug.

I did order my dinner but I need to run down and pick it up. So I am working on twitter until they finish the second seating, then I will run down.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, May 14, 2023 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
We have canned soft drinks (soda to the rest of you guys) at meals and to take out - Coke products.

I won at Bingo yesterday and today at Right, Left, Center - a dice game.

My favoritegame here is a group crossword twice a week. It is exactly what it sounds like with one of the activity staff reading out the clues and filling in the responses on a 30" aquare form on an easel.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 14, 2023 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Happy Mother's Day !!

It's lovely day here, and there is a nice brunch I will attend once most of the people are gone, LOL.

Not sure what I am up to today, maybe just playing games and doing a chores here and there.

Got the kitchen cleaned up and coffee made, watered some plants yesterday, probably should do some more today.

Off to finish reading the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 14, 2023 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh TNT, I should mention that to our activies person .. the crossword thing, they might enjoy that here.

I don't know why they don't do sodas, I should ask, it is one of those things they offer for special things like the pizza parties and BBQ's.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, May 14, 2023 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I don't know why cold drinks (sodas to the rest of you guys would not be available. Coca Cola was "born" in Atlanta- I don't know about other ones

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 15, 2023 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Today is Home Blessing day --- spend a little time in all your rooms straightening up.

Rode my bike, watered the indoor plants, still need to do the outside, loaded up the dishwasher and now I am working on email.

Completed my doctor form for transport on Thursday, it's dental cleaning time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 15, 2023 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Updated my RC book with all the agendas and minutes, then I put together an agenda for the next meeting. Also wrote up the minutes and sent everything out for review to see if anyone has any changes or input.

So nice to have that done and off my mind. I made a nice lunch from my leftover roast beef from yesterday and now I am too full for dinner, LOL.

Guess I will just go down and have some soup/salad and get everything else to go. I should have called in for a pick up but missed the timing for that.

I am debating whether I should put away my space heater, I guess I could check the long range forecast. Don't want to upset the Summer Gods and cause us to have some more cold weather if I put it away to soon, hahahahahahaha.

Off to see if there is anything true on Twitter, LOL.