TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 02, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through March 02, 2024 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 24, 2024 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... Time to enjoy the Sun!!

I cleaned up the kitchen, got the dishwasher running and the coffee brewing.

Time to get thru emial and some computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 24, 2024 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally got thru email and I am so happy. I have a webdsite, The Animal Rescue site, https://theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com/ , that I click on several times a day. For some reason I stopped getting my daily reminders. I have been using an old link from Feb 16!!f

I have been trying to unsubscribe, and resubscribe, all those things, and I finally figured it out yesterday and now I am getting my reminders!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 24, 2024 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, TNT about the food. Every survey I have seen in the 55+ communities say the food needs improvement. Even here.

I haven't had any complaints about the food, there are some dishes I don't care for but that doesn't mean the food isn't good.

I really think people believe the food should be the same caliber as individually ordered items in a restaurant. That simply isn't possible when you are creating meals for 150 people.

Anyway I found out our chef is on 6 weeks paternity leave, just had a baby, so he may not have been so focused on the menus lately as he had in the past.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, February 24, 2024 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Our "chef" was NOT a trainind chef. He knew NOTHING about nutrition or menu plaanning. There have been no less than THREE chefs ent from corporate totrain him! You CANNOT learn if you thinkk you know everything. He has on his staff a you lady - a a cerver - who is finishing up her degree as a nutritionist. He told her to stay in her place and mind her own business!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 25, 2024 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... Time to bask in the Sunshine!!

Beautiful out, so I may just go make some coffee and sit on the balcony and read the paper, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 25, 2024 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Went down for brunch and ended up helping rearrange the dining room tables, we put the round table that the "scooter" people used in a more appropriate place. The spot everyone else (walking people) thought it should go wasn't really accessible for the scooter people, so I said they are the ones whose vote counts.

Then I had a great conversation with the actives manager and helped her get the activities area set up, she had new tables - to distinguish it from the dining area, and it looks really nice.

So then it was time for Bingo so I stuck around an played, LOL. Didn't win this time but that's ok, it was fun and it's a beautiful day.

So now I need to catch up on everything!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, February 25, 2024 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I love, love,love hearing about how things are in your community!

As I said above we have a dedicated dining room with about 40 tables with maybe 6 of them being two-tops. There are a half-dozen or so chairs across the back wall - adjacent to the kitchen - where folks ordering take-out can sit. Take-outservice is from 7:30 AM ntil 6:00 PM.

The kitchen staff is a chef, sous chef, five line cooks and a pastry chef. The resident count is bout 90. I would guess an indining room meal count to be less than 60. Some - but not verymany - residents order all their meals delivered. I would die of boredom, but we are all different. As
we are paying over $1000/week here we do feel entitled to tasty nutritionally well-balanced meals.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 26, 2024 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

It's Home Blessing Day ... so far I took out the recycling because papers didn't get delivered to the door so I had to go down and pick mine up. That just means they were delivered late to the building so no one delivered them to our doors. I told them not to look at me when I went down since all I did was pull on a shirt and go get.

We have a routine here, LOL, we (Nala and I) have yogurt while I read the paper.

So now I am up and doing stuff. Cleaned up the kitchen a bit, put away the dishes that had been drying, dumped the old kitty food and got the coffee brewing.

Now I am working on email, twitter, and my office piles. Need to make a new list and go ride my bike. But first I need to grab my coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 26, 2024 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Made my list, and had some lunch. Finished up email, headed to twitter.

Got my pills restocked, bought a new shower curtain. I got one with stripes. I have a flowered one but I swear there is one flower graphic that looks like a spider and throws me every time, LOL. So I got a new curtain.

Also balanced my checkbook and scheduled some bills to pay.

Off to twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 26, 2024 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watered the inside plants and cleaned and refilled the kitty water bucket.

Now I am off to twitter, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 27, 2024 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Today is planning, for those errands on Thursday, and detail dusting of the living room, entrance, and dining room.

Took the morning since I don't have that much on my list, but I do need to ride my bike and get the dustbuster out for the bathroom, LOL.

Off to email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 27, 2024 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the bathroom kitty litter dustbusted and then of course I hit the water bowl so had to a little quick mop of the floor. Looks great, LOL.

Email is done and I got thru most of twitter. I guess I have to do the office stuff, which I have been avoiding!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 27, 2024 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well I purchased a mattress, it is coming tomorrow! I was surprised to get it so quickly but it was a good price on a Sealy Posturpedic and they do have the 120 day "sleep on it" guarantee.

I am sure it will work great and I did a lot of research on different kinds.

Just have to strip the bed tomorrow and sometime between 11am and 9pm they will deliver it and take away the old one. I can't believe the delivery window is so wide, LOL, but I am probably only 2 miles from the store.

Next I am playing Bingo, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

It's Anti-procrastination Day, guess I did that yesterday when I finally purchased my mattress, LOL, AND spend 15 minutes getting rid of things that have somehow gotten into the living room that don't belong -- return then to their rightful place!

I have been buxy, just taking a break now to do computer stuff. The kitchen has been cleaned up and the dishwasher is running. Brewed my coffee and refilled the coffee grounds holder, need to buy more coffee.

I Dusted and moved the table out of the foyer, so the movers can more easily come and go. I also have a bunch of recycling and trash accumulated in the kitchen ready to take out to the bins.

Dustbusted the office and the litter rugs. And I opened up the balcony since it is our last sunny day for awhile.

Next up is to finish moving things in the bedroom so the mattress people can get in easily. I got a Text, phone call and email to confirm my delivery will be between 12:45 and 2:45pm! So much better than my 11 to 9pm delivery window.

I am number 2 and it is coming from the Livermore Warehouse.

So I am taking an hour to deal with computer/office stuff, then I will go strip the bed and make sure I am ready for them.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, 94 emails dealt with, now only the ones I actually need to take action on remain! Then I took out 2 bags of trash, a bag of kitty poop, and the basket full of newspapers to the trash/recycle bins.

My Chewy box finally arrived, the one that said it got here on Monday, LOL, and something else too. So I muscled that Chewy box into the kitchen out of the way until after the mattress delivery.

Oh and I had fun at Bingo last night but I didn't win anything! Today is $5 Bingo, which is the one I like and thought was happening last night, but I don't know if I can go since it is happening right when my mattress may arrive.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bedroom is ready, comforter, pillows and shams are stacked around the room and the sheets have been stripped.

Sylvester is now investigating the naked mattress, which looks pretty good but I've been rotating it so frequently it's time for a replacement. It is 6 years old.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My mattress is Fabulous!!! It is a bit taller than my old one but it feels great on my back already!!

Letting it air out a bit and letting the kitties sniff it before I put all the bedding back on.

Now I can move the table back to the foyer, but I think I will quickly mop the floor and wipe down the baseboards first.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's errand day AND time for a detailed vacuuming of the living room - this means moving furniture, if you can, and getting along the baseboards.

I got the kitchen cleaned up and the dishwasher unloaded, a few dishes are drying on the counter. Made my coffee and mopped the foyer floor.

Got my new list made, oh I cleared off the balcony. I didn't realize it had already rained, well drizzled I guess, but I looked out and saw the street was wet. So I did grab the towels, which were damp, and the cushion and it's all in the living room.

I really need to finish my ballot this morning so I can get that in the mail, so it is now the top of the list.

Oh and I am working on email too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru email, finished up with my ballot -- had to look up a few people to decide on some replacement people.

Moved the table back into the foyer and then changed the Shower curtain and then, because I was distracted, I stepped into the shower in with my glasses on, LOL, that was startling.

Anyway, now working on Twitter and finishing up the newspaper.

Oh and when I moved the foyer table back I found 3 rolls of quarters!!! I have plenty and use the laundry app so I will check with the front desk and my sister to see if they need them.

Finally, it is raining off and on, and this is the "little" storm, LOL, but it is still pretty out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Clean your car and Purse day PLUS clean up any hotspots in the living room, entrance and dining room.

Dustbusted the office area. I unpacked the Chewy box last night and found that the expensive kibble bag had burst. I scooped up as much as I could and taped up the bag but some spilled all over the office. Now I need to restock the kitty food cabinet.

For now I am checking email for my Safeway delivery and clearing email.

Off to grab the paper and some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well Shoot, I forgot to checkout on my order, I did my substitutions and then didn't finish up. Oh well, now I can think if I forgot anything. So I checked out and the delivery is tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Had a great Chinese Lunch, we tried a different place down in Walnut Creek, Modern China. It was good, but a bit pricy and clearly they are more of a bar with snacks than a lunch resturant. So we decided we prefer our normal place, Yan's Bistro.

Then I got my banking done and picked up some new kitty grass, the PetExpress is next door to BofA.

Finally got home and the rain is now coming, so I can hunker down with all my leftovers and await my Safeway order, which is coming a 8:30.

Now I am having issues with my tablet, I am so annoyed, it is supposed to charge in 1/5 hours, and it has been charging all day and still not fully charged!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 01, 2024 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Safeway order came, I feel bad for them because it is raining, but they got it here.

Got it all put away and was surprised to see a couple of the "reusable" bags split! I guess they over packed a couple.

Now I have all the food to weather the storm, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 02, 2024 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... Fun in the Rain!!

LOL, I have a bunch of office / RC stuff to work on but I have to rad the paper and have some yogurt first.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 02, 2024 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru email, twitter and have been enjoying the winter weather ... worked on computer games and now it's almost time for Saturday Bingo!!

So I am going to go and play some and find out what all the "gossip" is that is going around, LOL.