TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 24, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through July 24, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 17, 2023 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I did turn on the AC unit, so far it has cooled down the bedroom from 84 to 79, but it feels really nice.

Picked up stuff from the suggestion box. Got a couple of more responses to the "april" survey, LOL. I do need to track down a nomination form to hand out this month.

Back to Perry Mason.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Today is declutter the bedroom, do a 27 thing fling. I don't have anything to fling so I am moving on to my list, LOL.

Right now I am headed to the kitchen to feed the kitties, clean up the kitchen and get the paper and some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the Fall Decor box into the SR, watered the balcony plants and managed to get the bag of aluminum cans into a bag in a chewy box and out on the balcony to live while we get more. I need to email and see if we can get a container in the lobby area.

Also loaded up the dishwasher. I have a coathook that hangs on the back of my front door that was a little out of control so I took down some of the stuff. I moved the feather duster to my closet with the other cleaning tools.

Also did a bit of rearranging in the closet so that the kitty carrier would fit. Re-orged my clothes a little. I have a bunch of tops that can be worn both winter and summer, but I feel some are more winter colors so I moved those over to the winter areas.

So the only thing left is to re-do my Go Bag, and then find it a place to live, LOL.

Working on email and listening to my Day Drinking Podcast.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Done with email and the podcast. Took out some trash.

Off to check on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Twitter done. When I ran out to pickup my dinner, I took out some more trash and recycling. Not much more to do to be ready for housekeeping tomorrow.

Also did my Cleaners pickup, it was on my list and I got an email, how timely ... so the sheets are off to be washed and ironed.

Time to play some games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Clean off the nightstands and get the sheets ready for tomorrow. I have a set of sheets getting picked up by the cleaners -- out at the front door.

I have housekeeping and window washers, LOL. They just figured out that they can't get on my balcony because of the netting. I would happily let them in to go do those 2 windows and the door but I don't speak spanish so can't communicate that to them.

Just closed the windows in the living room so they can do those.

I have the bathroom ready except for the litter box, and the kitchen is ready, but I am not doing the rest until I am sure that housekeeping is showing up today, LOL.

Then I will get the stuff off the floor and the rollie out on the balcony. I have also not put stuff on the balcony since I might have to let the window washers in.

So it's a busy day! I am working on email and enjoying my coffee while I play my solitaire game.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, window cleaner is here! It is really amazing how much sunlight the screens block!!

OMG, this guy is scaring me, he is on a really tall ladder, no safety attachments and he is leaning into the window to clean it and hanging onto the ladder with one hand. Looks so dangerous!!!

Nala is keeping a vigilant eye on him from the safety of my desk.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Guess I only get one window cleaned, LOL. Not being able to clean the balcony windows thru off the rhythm so the guy that was supposed to do the other living room window moved on down the row.

No big deal since they windows weren't really dirty, IMO, in the first place. But I guess they do them once a year.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Spoke too soon, a different guy is back and cleaning my other window. It really is amazing, they have this hook thing that hangs on their belt so they can hang the screen on it while they clean.

Plus they actually wipe down / dust the screen as well.

Great job!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Housekeeping came around 11ish, and all my floors are wonderfully clean ... we got up all the kitty throwup, LOL. I have most of the house put back together, probably a few things aren't back in place in the kitchen.

Then I set up another water bucket for the kitties out on the balcony. I can water the plants with it when I refresh it every day.

My one game started a new location today, so I am off to work on that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 20, 2023 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Run those errands plus clean out your jewelry box and purge belts and scarves that just "aren't you" anymore.

I got rid of a bunch of costume jewelry before I moved here, I hadn't warn any of it in years, LOL. I did see if my sister wanted it first.

Today I am working on my list of stuff plus we have a meeting on the "History of Fortune Cookies", apparently it is National Fortune Cookie Day.

For now, time for the paper and some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 20, 2023 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I got a call and seems the window washers will come by and clean my windows, if I want, since they have to come thru my house.

I was thrilled... Nala was not. She was sleeping in the SR when the guy came, closed the door and moved stuff around so she had to sit there while he worked. He didn't even know she was there, LOL.

Anyway, I heard about it once he left and I apologized that he scared her. She had been patrolling checking the house before she finally went back out to enjoy her day, LOL.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, July 20, 2023 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I always enjoy reading about our cats! Today I visited a dementia therapy cat that belongs to one of the ladies here! What an amazing model of modern technology - snd the PERFECT pet for somene like her! It opens it eyes as you approach it, purrs when you pet it, stretches and turns over on its back when you pet it, and goes back to sleep when you leave it. What a blessing!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 21, 2023 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Today is the remake the bed, flip the mattress, spray it with Febreze, and have a nice clean bed for tonight.

I have a community meeting at 1pm, then bingo at 5:30pm, so a busy day and I am behind on my normal routines.

I have been clearing email and getting ready to go to the meeting.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 21, 2023 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well it seems our meeting was cancelled, and we didn't get notification. I whipped out an email to the manager to see what the deal was.

So annoying, it's one of the things I keep complaining about. I shouldn't have to go all the way to the lobby to see the changes in the schedule. I want it posted online!

Anyway, it does give me time to get back on track with my routines.

I have the AC going since it is supposed to clear 100 today and I just got the dishwasher going since I am out of kitty plates, so that will be done before peak electric hours.

Now I am going to get my Safeway order done, read the paper and play my games.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 21, 2023 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You have the cleanest bed ever, Dipo! Ain't no fleas on you. I hope you realize you're making me and Bigdog flip our mattress more often. And it is a king. Made in San Francisco at the McRoskey factory. https://www.mcroskey.com/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 22, 2023 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission -- have a fun day with family

WOW, what a night!! Bingo was amazing, my group won 4 games!! I won two, got $35 and the final blackout baket.

Which I will go thru and take out what I can use and then give the other stuff away. It is really a basket for someone with a pool.

I got the dishwasher unloaded and all the Safeway delivery put away including the dealing with the bags (I remove the labels that have my name).

Now I am working on email, Seekers Notes and TVCH while I enjoy my coffee. Trying to find something to "watch" on TV, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday .. Reflection and Serenity ...

Enjoying the coolness while it lasts, til about 1pm, reading the paper, having some coffee and clearing email.

I got thru the basket I won and it really is for a family, there are "freezer pops" and pool toys, etc. I ate the two snack packs of doritos and grabbed the bottle of rum, LOL. I will give the rest to Mary, whose former home has a pool and is occupied by her son and grandkids. OH and it comes with a little lawn chair and beach towel.

That will clean out my kitchen a bit since it is a big bucket. I am thinking I should take everything out of the basket and keep the basket it came in, that is pretty cute.

Today my goal is to build my bath bench after brunch. And to staple the minutes/agendas so they are ready for distribution. I also have to decide if I am going to print the nomination forms and have them go with the minutes.

Off to grab my coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the bath bench is done. It was really easy! So glad I got it.

Now to work on the minutes ...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Minutes are all stapled so now just to decide what to do about the nominations form.

Do we give one to every apartment or hold off until after the meeting and then hand them out. I was thinking if we gave them out with the minutes maybe a few more people would get the hint and volunteer.

If I do that then I need to print up 125 copies, and I am not sure I have enough ink, meant to buy some the other day. Actually I should have Jan print them, she has RC ink.

Ok, thanks for listening, I think that is it -- have Jan print and then hand out with the minutes.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yes, you should not use your printer ink or paper to print 125 copies of anything.

Shower chair can be a life saver, I found out when I had my knee replaced.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Dipo - Is there any chance of creating an email list and sending out the minutes that way? I know not everyone uses a computer or reads their email but you could ask for a list of who needs to have a printed copy and then print only that amount. You could save a ton of money not to mention most folks would appreciate not having another piece of paper that would just go into recycling. It's what we do for our local needlework chapter.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Our condo has a google group that everyone has access to.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kappy I would love to do that, we seem to have a large group who don't email and don't really understand their phones. Some have difficulty making their Alexa's work!

It was one of the first things I wanted to do. Maybe today I will count how many email addresses we have because I would like to do an email blast instead of handouts.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kookliebird, I have been trying to figure out how to have an online presence for information other than facebook. I will check out google groups, that might be the answer to some of the other issues I have, LOL.