TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 06, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through May 06, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

The maintenance men came and fixed my slow draining sink in the bathroom, looked at the sink in the kitchen and were able to get the AC unit filters out, cleaned and put back in. That was pretty hard because there is a piece above them that makes it hard to pull them out.

Today I am working on RC stuff, I need to get the sign in sheet ready, and balance checking accounts.

For now clearing email, having some coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I hear you Heckagirl. I am hoping the Mods know her real name and can track her down and confirm she is doing ok.

I was looking at the archives to figure out what was happening with her and so far the last post was 5/23 and she was dealing with a lot of wind, dirt and dust. Still checking.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Oh I meant to come back and say I found a August psot for Wargod.

It is officially summer, I have turned on the ceiling fan in the office, LOL, and it is supposed to get quite hot today.

Many of my chores are getting ready for summer, have to grab the fans out of storage and get that set up. Water the plants all around.

I have processed some mail and done some general straightening up, refilled a few water bottles, need to finish that up. I am going to try and fix my hair dryer with a hanger, the one it came with broke off a long time ago. This is in preparation for redoing the under the bathroom sink stuff.

For now I am going to go and grab some coffee then clear email. Oh the paper didn't come today, so annoying so I need to print off the crossword puzzle.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Balanced checkbooks and paid bills, managed to get a thing on my dryer that makes it able to hang and I checked the cabinet door and I think a hook will work.

Got email cleared and working on twitter, had to reboot my computer because I keep getting a message about some disk problem which I fixed a while back.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I missed the whole flylady phase of this board - why are the flyladies always filling water bottles? What kind of water? What do you use the water for?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 28, 2023 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, flylady has been the mission on the board for at least 10 years. Flylady.com has tools to help with cleaning and gives a mission everyday so people can get their house clean without having to spend and entire day. You start by shining you sink everynight and then add things as you go along. There is a weekly blessing, which is a quick clean all over every Monday and a new Zone to work in every week for a more detailed 15 minutes of work.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 28, 2023 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Today is De-clutter your purse and car day. The flyladies don't refill water bottles, LOL, DIPO does.

I have a brita container that I use to refill the bottles so I can have one by my bed and office that has a lid and can not be "spilled" by the kitties.

So this morning I am getting ready for the Resident Council Meeting at 1pm. After that I will finally get to the newspaper, my computer games and the rest of the chores on my list.

For now I need to go and grab my coffee, get my hair into rollers, do my makeup and then clear my email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 28, 2023 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Meeting went well. For some reason "Mean Jan" was there, I call here mean girl Jan but apparently that isn't sensitive. I cracked up because others refer to her that way, she is just contrary, thinks she should be in charge but doesn't want to take on any responsibility. I was surprised to see her there.

Anyway we got thru the business but we have one person who wants us to use Roberts Rules, which I said we do have info on, but when I asked what he thought we were doing wrong there was no answer.

And Mean Jan wanted to know why the forum wasn't 40 people, which we explained at the last meeting, where she didn't attend, and I explained for the millionth time that they had voted on an amendment before I was here, that changed the forum to the majority of those present at the meeting. I also explained that when we have a vote in September every person will get a ballot which will be counted, but if they do not turn them in they will have no vote.

I swear I do not know why this is such a hard concept for these people. We cannot force them to attend the meetings, LOL, so in order to do business we have to have a lower forum. Jan thinks if there aren't 40 people we shouldn't do business, LMAO. So it will be interesting to see if she comes next month.

Glad that is all over, I am done with RC until next Monday, except I have to try and fix the directory. The gal working on it can't get the info to fit so I will be giving it a try.

So I watered the plants outside, grabbed my fan from the storage unit and now I am going to go play some computer games!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 29, 2023 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Hahahahaha, today's mission is Family Fun Day. And I am going out to breakfast with my sister. When we get back we will do a few chores around the house. Not really too much on my list for her but maybe I will have her carry my laundry upstairs.

Just watered the indoor plants and probably need to water the outside ones again.

Also need to work on the RC Phone Directory but now I continue geting ready to go out!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 29, 2023 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Had a fabulous breakfast and then got home and they were having the "improptu BBQ of hotdogs"; so we grabbed on and brought them home.

Ended up going to Pet Express for kitty grass, then we went to Sloats for tomato plants and then came home.

Got the boxes and recycling out, pulled the bed out to look for the "missing earrings" which lead to a dust bust of the wall and carpet where kitty fur had gathered. Didn't find my favorite earrings which disappeared from the nightstand so I can only figure maybe they became a toy and got batted around somewhere.

So I went on a search to find some more earrings, I swear I just want to cubic zirconia's stacked; nothing fancy and they are impossible to find! But I did find a set I liked, and on sale, so I bought them. Still on the lookout for the ones I really like.

Updated my list of things to do and now I am making a Safeway order.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 30, 2023 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday !! It's a beautiful day !!

Just reading the paper enjoying my coffee. It has cooled off a bit from our high 80's temp to barely 70, but that is fine by me.

Not sure what I will do today, have a Safeway order coming between 1 and 5 and might go out to dinner. Need to think of where I might like to go.

Need to grab my coffee and clear email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 30, 2023 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good grief ... my Safeway order came and I just threw the stuff in the fridge because we were just at the part of "The Traitors" where they FINALLY vote Cody out and I didn't want to miss it. That worked.

But I just came back to sort everything and put it away properly and I find milk has been leaking down onto the veggie bin shelf. So I quickly pull everything out and wash down the fridge. HOpefully I got it all and it won't start stinking later!

Now all the stuff is put away, bags folded and stored. So I am checking email and twitter and finishing the newspaper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 01, 2023 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Today is Home Blessing ... a quick clean up all around the house and I need to do that.

I just saw we have a kitty throw-up in the living room, so I need to do my usual dustbust of the bathroom, office and now the living room.

So I have the coffee brewing, am clearing email and updating my calendar with all the new monthly events.

Off to grab the coffee and cleaning up the kitchen.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 01, 2023 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kitchen cleaned up, dustbusted the bathroom, office and living room. Then I dumped out the dustbuster and it charging.

Man it is cold! I am cracking up at how a few days of warm temps can make this 50's temp feel so cold, I think it is because the sun isn't shining and it looks so cold outside.

It's funny because my dinner friend asked me last night if I had put away my winter clothes, and I laughed and said NO. I didn't want to jinx it and have a little winter reoccurrence. So I blame it on her because she moved all her winter clothes to the Kitty Room and out of her bedroom, so now we have a week of cold/possible thunderstorms (which I think would be cool) / and rain.

Email is cleared and I updated the master calendar but now I need to update the daily calendar. Then I guess I will work on my list of things to do.

Redoing the underneath the bathroom sink is on top of the list so I guess I will work on that, but first another look at email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 02, 2023 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Today is declutter the dining room

Got thru email and other stuff this morning, now working on twitter and my list.

Today the Universe seems a little Whacky. I had problems accessing this site but not other stuff. I noticed some of my emails didn't / wouldn't show images. Just went to a Wellness meeting and the person didn't show up, others there said that something was wrong with the wi-fi here, I guess the Alexa's aren't working properly.

My internet signal was working fine and the diagnostic on my laptop said everything was fine. Anyway, I changed a bunch of stuff and then shut down my laptop and went to the meeting and when I got back I prayed I would be able to access the site.

So between God, the Universe, and all the changes, I am back, hahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 02, 2023 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru twitter and I finally found out where the ad blocker is on my toolbar. It's really malwarebytes, not the ones they show when they ask you to stop the block.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Today is the Entrance area, Front porch and Dining Room. I could probably change out my entrance decorations but I think they can hang for another week.

I cleaned up the bathroom and early this morning when I fed the kitties I got the dishwasher going so I could have coffee now, LOL.

Have a 1pm Activities meeting that I will attend, and maybe put up last months minutes on the bulletin board.

So now I will go work on email until I need to run out for the meeting.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the bathroom shelf dusted and wiped down the toilet lid, then I moved on to detail dusting the bedroom shelving unit and the TV table.

Now refilling the water bottles and unloading the dishwasher.

Email done and most of twitter dealt with.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Water bottles refilled and dishwasher is unloaded. The glassware with the dip in the bottom are drying before I can put them away.

Got some RC stuff done, sent off the Highlights for the next newsletter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 04, 2023 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Thursdays are Errand Day. I have never understood why people do errands everyday instead of grouping them to save time, money and gas, but that's just me.

I have cleaned my toilet, for some reason it called to me this morning, LOL, then I redid the under sink area. I had a girl scout cookie box that I cut in half and it fits nicely in the back vertically so the tall things fit in it and I can put stuff on top.

Put all the dishes away and cleaned up the kitchen as needed. My other goal today is to dustbust the kitty throw-up that I forgot about and then stepped in and tracked a bit.

It's a busy day, LOL, now to go and grab my coffee and clear email.

I ran out a bag of trash, the recycling and and empty kitty litter box. But they just cleaned the trash room so they had filled the recycle bin so I brought the recycling back home, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 05, 2023 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Today is declutter your purse and car day!

I put all the stuff back out on the balcony (towels and cushions), then I watered the plants since all the rain we have gotten isn't enough to come down the 3 upper balconies onto mine. During the heavy rain my plants were well watered.

Also got a notice about Bingo over at the Moose Lodge, so excited, I never win but it is fun. So I figured out how to "share" it on my phone and then I printed it to post on the bulletin board.

This led to me trying to figure out which color cartridge was low which was an ordeal!! Finally ended up replacing red and yellow.

So now I just need to put together the documents for the Welcoming Committee and schedule that meeting. Finish reading the a paper and play some computer games.

Oh and clear my email, I haven't gotten very far on that yet. Oh and my new earrings are supposed to arrive sometime today!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, May 05, 2023 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am loving the activities here! We play Bingo three times a week - and I usually win at least once a week. Typically 35-40 players. I have learned to play Bunco (once a month) and Rummikub (pick-up games almost every day, Bridge, poker and Rook have weekly games. I am looking for a change to learn Hand and Foot. I used to play duplicate bridge two or three nights a week, but am not anxious to get back into it.

We do group crossword sessions twice a week and have two trivia sessions a week as well. My brain is getting plenty of exercise. Speaking of exercise I do five chair exercise classes a week too. We have Happy Hour every Friday with snacks, wine, and live music.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 05, 2023 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, you make me laugh we have bingo everyday except Tues / Thurs, those are Doctor appointment transport days. These people are Bingo Fanatics.

Yes we have a lot of exercises, they just started chair yoga and chair zumba.

I am so glad you found someplace you love; I really like living here as well, not into all the stuff but it is fun and there if I want to participate.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, May 05, 2023 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Bigdog and I are now in an over-55 community, but mainly just meaning no kids, but over-55 seems to mean over 70. During the pandemic, everybody's children and grandchildren really clamped down on them and forbade them from leaving their homes, so our social activities dwindled to zero. Tonight we had a Cinco de Mayo potluck in our Clubhouse, with purchased margaritas. We attended. Everybody had a great time. I am pretty sure the margaritas were a contributing factor.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 06, 2023 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Family Fun Day !!

I have been doing a few things here and there. Made a list of the Committees and their members so it is easier for me to call a meeting. Also cleared my email and now up to TVCH and Twitter.

I got all my new earrings yesterday and I am so happy with most of them, one pair is just ok. Just happy to have found some that will work for me.

Not much on the agenda for today, maybe a mostly goof off day.

Got the Bingo posters posted. Need to remember to take some push pins down to the RC Bulletin Board and I did ask the "crafty people" if they have any ideas to make them more attractive.