TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 20, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through January 20, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 12, 2023 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Guess I will have to figure out the bed today, it's that or do the laundry, LOL.

But first, the newspaper and some yogurt and to start the coffee brewing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 13, 2023 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Didn't get much done yesterday, just felt tired most of the day so I goofed off.

This morning I got a Safeway order done, they are coming tomorrow so I have time to think of what I forgot to order, LOL.

Not sure what I will get done, I think I might have a cold, or allergies. I don't really feel bad, don't have a temp, but I keep sneezing, and I have a little bit of head congestion, and I am tired, so maybe that's it.

Might do the bed today, I'll see how I feel about that later today.

Off to grab my coffee and finish up email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 13, 2023 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Had some chili for lunch, thought the spiciness might help with congestion. I was thinking along the lines of wasabi, LOL, didn't really work but was tasty.

However, it did lead to me thinking about cleaning out all the food in my pantry. There is so much canned foods that I will not use, going to see what my sister wants and then put the rest in the food bank donation bin.

Need to email my sister and see when she might be coming by.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 14, 2023 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

It rained last night and we seem to be in a break, but as I opened up the balcony door for the kitties to check it out I realized I had forgotten to bring in the chair cushion!! So I pulled it out and flipped it over the back and a ton of water came running out. So now the kitties are running in and out putting little wet paw prints all over the floor, LOL.

Coffee is brewing. I love Saturdays because my alarm doesn't go off and I just wake up naturally. I did wake up at my normal time and fed the kitties, then went back to sleep.

Not sure what will get accomplished today, Safeway is coming and I just unpacked my Walgreens order... got some yummy unsalted almonds! and Boom-Chicka Popcorn. All set with snacks, need to find a good movie or something. Oh I think Columbo is on somewhere,LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 14, 2023 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Delivery here and put away. Email done, twitter done.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 14, 2023 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Started raining again and I remembered that I needed to bring in the cushion. It had drip dried pretty good so I think it won't leak onto my rug.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday .... A day of rest and reflection.

Although I have been goofing off for the last few days so maybe I will do something from my list today.

So far just having some coffee, reading the paper and clearing email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

The sun is shining!! It's been a while, maybe that will encourage me to get a few chores done this week.

On the agenda .... the mattress rotation and sheet change, plus I could probably stand to do a load of laundry per day all week.

For now.... coffee and email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
EMail done, twitter done and I dustbusted the bathroom, then cleaned the dustbuster and it's back to charging.

Hmm, the sunshine has gone away, bummer, next doing a little clean up in the kitchen. I already cut the yogurt containers for the trash, so now refill water bottles and load the dishwasher.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dishwasher done, sinks cleaned, water bottles refilled.

And the sun is coming back out !!! YEAH.

When I go down to dinner I will take out recycling and trash.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, did I mention I got my PG&E bill? For some reason they detailed it as 8/25 to 8/31 - $10.24; 9/1 to 9/30 - $60.48; and 10/1 to 12/22 - $279.88.

Oh and I got a letter that says since they didn't get me a bill within 60 days of my request they will be giving me a $30 credit ... at some point. LOL, I don't know why they didn't just do it now.

Anyway, based on this bill I am not sure what my monthly cost is, I can't remember if September was a hot month with a lot of AC.

So for the 4 months it is $87.65 which is probably about right, I need to go back and see what I paid at my condo, can't remember, it was so long ago.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2023 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Dishwasher is running, balcony door is open for the kitties... it is a bit chilly out three so they are mostly sitting in the window sills enjoying the sunshine.

Time for the newspaper and some yogurt

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2023 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, mattress is rotated!! I woke up this morning feeling like I was in a hole so figured I should stop delaying in this chore. Also got the dust ruffle aligned better and I have got the new pillowcases on.

The rest of the bedroom is a mess with pillows, comforter and the cat toys that generally live on the bed all over the floor.

Time for a quick break and a snack.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2023 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, fitted sheet on, mattress moved up so the pillows don't fall down the gap at the top, and flat sheet floated onto the bed. Back is hurting so will tuck in and add the comforter in a bit.

Back to email and twitter.

Nala is supervising the change, she was under the flat sheet now she is inspecting the top of it, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2023 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Comforter on, toys back, everything is in place on the bed, so that task is FINALLY done!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2023 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Today starts the "Laundry Mission". I figure I can do a load a day and I might be caught up. Interested to see what the remodel of the Laundry room looks like and get the correct name of the Laundry room app. I think I transposed the name, so I need to correct that on the Move In tips.

Kitties fed, dishwasher unloaded and the balcony door is open but for me I am back to bed with the paper and some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2023 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I fell asleep so I have missed my window for laundry before dinner. I might run up a load after dinner, so now I can work on other things on my list.

So first thing I need to do is make some vinegar water so I can clean the gasket on the fridge.

But now I will check email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2023 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Since it is getting rainy looking I brought in the cushion and got the balcony ready for the "last" storm.

Got thru email, so now it's time for twitter/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

The sun is shining!! I got the balcony opened up, put the cushion and towels back out so the kitties can lounge. Then I swept the office / living room.

Been wanting some Japanese food so I ordered that and then I will be starting the laundry.

Also working on clearing email and twitter.

Oh I did use some vinegar and try to clean the gasket on the fridge. It didn't seem to do much so I guess I will google the specifics and see what I need to do, it has orange dots / spots on the the white gasket. I don't remember them being there before.

Oh and it looks like the city is snaking the sewer pipes in front of my house, LOL, this giant truck has pulled up, they pulled off the manhole cover and are putting a orange cord down the opening. I haven't ever seen this before so not exactly sure what it is doing but suspect it is to makes sure there is no overflow when we get more rain.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I wondered why my door dash order was so expensive and now I know why. I somehow ordered to entrees, LOL. So I have a ton of wonderful food now.

Time to get the laundry started.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
What did you get?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH, LOL, I got Japanese ... I love it ... tempura / chicken teriyaki, rice, salad and miso soup (2 orders); plus an order of California roll and Goya.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 20, 2023 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Looks like I should get the laundry project started to day, that is my only goal!

Got the balcony open and the kitties are running in and out, should be a fabulous day.

Time for newspaper and yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 20, 2023 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
One load of laundry is in ... I did transpose the name of the app, so I corrected the "move in tips" document and sent it off to the appropriate people.

Now I am getting some coffee.

Oh, and it was a good thing I only took one load of laundry, all but one washer was being used. So I brought my bag back down and will fill it up with another load. Then I will be caught up on my chores for this week, I wanted to have at least 2 loads done by today. Who knows maybe I will just keep on going, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 20, 2023 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Load number 2 in the washer, Load number 1 is in the dryer I suspect. Last time I used it the clothes didn't get dry, I did report it, and the laundry room has been redone. Supposedly new washers/dryers but I don't know about that, we shall see. I didn't have a choice since all the other dryers were in use.

I am a bit annoyed that my "letsfit" watch wasn't counting my steps as I climbed the stairs. I took if off my wrist and put it back on to see if it will get busy. I don't like not getting credit for all the trips up and done the stairs, LOL.

Now I need to clean my timer and put in some new batteries, going to clean a couple of light switches too.