TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 26, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through April 26, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 14, 2023 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Loaded the laundry app to my "landline cell" and was nicely surprised to find I get $5 free, LOL. So I took it up and used it to dry my clothes. There was a lady up there who helped me because I had no clue how to use the app and where to find the scan code. So it was very cool.

Oh and did I mention that yesterday I was checking my accounts and found another charge from Ancestry.com, I think it might have been a renewal from the fraud I had a while back, but I reported it as fraud so now getting a new card. This is so annoying because now I am making a list of all the accounts where I will need to change the account number.

AND I finally got my settlement from the Dishwasher Class Action Suit ... this started in 2016 and I did actually have a dishwasher with the incident that was part of the suit. I, however, just got it fixed and it didn't occur to me to sue anyone, LOL.

Anyway, I got a check for $165.97; I usually don't file claims on these things because the work isn't worth the payout but this one said I would get at least $100. Quite frankly I had forgotten all about it, so this was a nice surprise.

Back to chores and email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 14, 2023 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, since the laundry app went so well maybe I will put the BofA Mobile app on the same phone and see if I can figure out how to take a picture of the check and deposit it... I usually mail it. I know, I know, out of step with technology but I don't like to have a lot of apps on a phone that can be stolen.

Since my "landline cell" lives in my house it should be ok for a mobile banking app.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 14, 2023 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Loaded the app, and tried to take a photo of the check. It kept telling me to put it on a darker background, I don't know what is darker than black, LOL, so that didn't work. Guess I will just mail it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 14, 2023 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, laundry done. Now I need to get it all hung up, folded and put away.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 15, 2023 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

going to be a tough day. I somehow pulled a back muscle while going up and down the stairs to do the laundry. I remember when it happened going, oh that hurt, but I can't recall exactly what I did, LOL.

So it was a tough night but today it isn't as bad as yesterday. I can move without getting a spasm shooting thru my back and I am trying not to hold my breath when I move so that it will work thru.

Anyway, grabbed the paper and a yogurt and back to bed for a bit.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday

Back is still problematic, but I managed to go down the dinner yesterday and I will go to brunch this morning.

Got the Dishwasher going and grabbed the Sunday paper and some yogurt. Time for some more advil.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 17, 2023 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Back seems a little better or it may be that I have figured out how to move and not upset the strain, LOL.

Watered the outside plants, cleaned up the kitchen and made some coffee.

Back to clearing email and then need to finish up the paper and some computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 17, 2023 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So happy !!! My new credit card has arrived, now I have to go around and change the number on a bunch of places. I think this time I will write down which accounts I use it on.

Took out the recycling still working on email and I ordered my meal delivered, I love delivery, LOL.

I also think maybe my back feels better because I have been dousing it with Aspercreme!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 18, 2023 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Getting started with email. Back is better but I thought to goop it up first thing instead of waiting to see if I am going to bend the wrong way and get some pain.

Working on updating accounts with the new credit card, got the coffee brewing and finally got around to unloading the dishwasher.

I have also noticed that Sylvester seems to like eating is food out of the can so I am going to get down some small bowls and see if that makes it easier for him (and me). On the plates he has a tendency to push the food off so it makes more of a mess.

Off to grab some coffee and a jacket and clear email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 18, 2023 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email and twitter done, kitty litter out to the trash, dishwasher unloaded and dishes put away.

I did get the little ramekin bowls down to see if that makes Sylvester's food easier.

Got my new kitty grass from Pet Express and restocked and put away my Chewy order.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 19, 2023 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Did a Safeway order, they are coming tonight, updated a couple more accounts with the correct/new card number.

Brewed the coffee and working on email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 19, 2023 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Took the boxes and put them on the balcony; Safeway delivery came and I got that put away.

Refilled water bottles and loaded the dishwasher.

Now off to relax and have some snacks! I got donuts and pringles. I don't know what was in my mind, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 20, 2023 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Just getting ready for housekeeping while doing my normal morning routine. Kitchen is mostly ready but I had to finish making my coffee, then I can clear that counter.

For now, clearing email and then I will grab the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 20, 2023 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So there was a lot of noise coming from my upstairs neighbor, last time he had fallen and broken a collarbone, to the degree the cats kept looking up at the ceiling, LOL. So I ran up the stairs to peek, and it seems they have moved. I had heard he was back so am surprised that he is moving out but maybe it is time for a more assisted living space.

Got the coffee brewed and just waiting for Karen to come and clean the house.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 20, 2023 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, house is cleaned. Got most of the bathroom back in place, LOL, the kitty litter box and water bowl being most important.

Got email cleared and caught up on twitter.

Just working on putting the rest of the house back together.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 21, 2023 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Nothing on the agenda for today, just a quick meeting at 7pm prep meeting for the RC meeting next week. So just enjoying the beautiful day, playing games, and doing little chores here and there.

Oh, seems like I have not got a lunch date for Chinese!!! Got to go hit the showers.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 21, 2023 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Back from Chinese, I did manage to deposit my "dishwasher settlement check" at the bank since I couldn't get the mobile app to work.

Now I am just going to enjoy the lovely day!! Trying to get thru twitter, I finished up email and now time to grab the fan out of the storage room and start getting ready for the summer!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 22, 2023 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

No real plan for the day but maybe I will go thru all the folders people gave me and figure out what do to with them, LOL. So some basic office stuff.

And I think I will do some dusting, it has been on my list for tooooo long but we shall see.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 23, 2023 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... a beautiful day in the neighborhood ..

Hmmm, guess I didn't do much yesterday, LOL. I did get a call from "management", they confirmed I was still President, I said sort of, what do you need.

Apparently the Welcoming Committee is scaring new residents, giving out bad info and being a bit to aggressive. I think in their effort to "help" new residents they aren't giving people a chance to get settled before they bombard them. Anyway, I have asked for a meeting with the executive director to figure out the staff process so we can back the Welcoming committee off a bit and yet still be helpful.

I remember when I moved in I was too busy to deal with them, but I went to dinner with Lynda anyway. Plus I think things are different now because staff is different. I did recently ask Lynda if there was a checklist and she said there used to be but she doesn't think anymore.

So today I will go back to working on my list and other stuff as I enjoy the gorgeous day! Off to bunch, then clear email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 24, 2023 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Getting started, cleared email now working on twitter and other stuff.

I finally got the nightstands dusted, along with the lamps, turned on the TV in the living room and it wouldn't change channels. Then I noticed the cable box on the floor. Now this is a heavy box so I am unclear how Sylvester managed to push it off the table, but he did. So I saw that where it sat on the table was very dusty, it gets dusted around all the time. So I dusted the table and got the box back where it belongs.

Early this morning I got the dishwasher going so I would have a coffee mug for now, so off to get some coffee.

Yesterday I managed to reset the timer for the bedroom lamp, I needed it to turn off earlier. Got that done and then put a blanket over the comforter pack that Sylvester likes to sleep on.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 25, 2023 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Meeting today with management to figure out the Welcoming Committee. I need to check my notes to see if there is anything else that I want to ask while I have his attention.

Got the agenda/minutes stapled and ready to go out so emailed the distribution committee, LOL.

For now just doing email, the newspaper and having some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 25, 2023 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Agenda/Minutes were picked up and being distributed.

I got the dishwasher unloaded, dustbusted and spot mopped the bathroom. For some reason last night, the bath rug got moved over the bury the water bowl. Of course this spilled the water bowl. So I had to move it off and clean up the resulting mess and put it where it belongs.

Email is cleared working on some twitter and my list of stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 25, 2023 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting meeting ... I think the executive director isn't really humorous, is a bit overly serious. Now this could be because he has OCD (I have witnessed that personally) so isn't real flexible about things.

Anyway I am going to put together some info and see what he thinks. I did get a copy of what they are supposed to do, but I don't remember some of this stuff happening for me. Then again I don't expect them to do a lot of stuff for me either.

Off to check twitter and write up a synopsis of our meeting.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 25, 2023 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finished going thru all the folders that people have given me and found the phone authorization notes so I went thru and indicated which were Cells versus Landlines.

Also summarized our meeting and sent that off with attachments, got a bit of feedback from Peter, so need to make those changes.

I think I am ready to change my clothes, crawl into bed and play some computer games.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Wargod, where are you?