TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 30, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through July 30, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Home Blessing Day !! And we have moved to the living room and family room -- time to dig the stuff out of the cushions and then do a quick vacuum.

Wow, I have a few things to research and do based on my above comments. How to create an email blast (which I meant to do before) and research google groups, and send my nomination form off to the printer lady, LOL.

AND, Juju, I really do like my shower bench it is going to come in really handy when I just want a quick rinse from the heat!

For now I need to read my paper and have some yogurt. I am behind because I got up at 5am and it had cooled off so nicely I fell back asleep until now, LOL.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If you have a bulletin board somewhere in the HOA, the google group could be referenced on that, as well. All our meeting notices and other HOA impacts, such as maintenance work planned, are sent through to the google group. Everyone is encouraged to signup to it. People also posts issues they’ve seen, like security issues. Anyway, it works great for us!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Very good meeting with Kaiser. Had some lunch, dustbusted the bathroom and got the bench put into the tub. It fits great in both direction.

Now working on email and I am going to do a Safeway order. I realized that with this heat I miss having a bowl of cold pasta salad in the fridge. Usually make it several times in the summer but I don't have any celery or onion, LOL.

Anyway I have been making a list and I think I have enough for an order.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, we do have a bulletin board. I post the minutes and agenda there, it seems to be more for "official" stuff.

We need to get the bulletin board back up in the laundry room. I want them to put a table in there as well for "free stuff".

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
We have bulletin boards in the elevators and outside the dining room. While that probably does not reach everyone, they are helpful to many.

Our libraries have "tech help" seminars. Here in the building, moe than half of our DR staff is 18- 24 and loves to help with any problems residents have - outside of meal service hours, of course

How large is your community - and, if I have asked already asked that, please forgive me!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
TNT, our group is 148 apartments. Most of the units are generous studios or 1 bedrooms but there are a few 2 bedrooms.

You have a lot more stuff going on than we do, so I presume your community is a lot larger, kind of sounds like Rossmore here, that group is huge, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Today is Planning day - for that errand day on Thursday, plus take a look at the living room and maybe de-clutter some of the knicknacks.

I don't have much in my living room, downsizing helps you clear out all that stuff, LOL.

I'm not sure what I will be up to today, my Safeway delivery is coming so I will be making some Pasta Salad! Still need to sweep the living room, refill water bottles and take out some trash, so that is on the agenda.

Minutes are going out today at 3ish. For now I have gotten thru most of email and now time for yogurt and the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, annoying, my RCA tablet that I really liked seems to have checked out. I noticed that it was having issues charging properly for the last couple of days and this morning it won't turn on. I get the main screen, the bouncing red checks and then it shuts down.

So I had purchased a new tablet a while back when I thought it died, pulled it out and realized I now have a "baby" tablet, LOL. I am used to a 10 inch screen and this one is i8 inches. So now I am looking for a new tablet. I need to go to the computer area for suggestions.

My Safeway order has arrived, need to go and get started on my pasta salad but have been busy with this tablet. I guess I can get it started while I load up my games on this new one.

Oh and I did get my email cleared, need to see what twitter is doing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OK, macaroni salad is done and in the freeze cooling. Purchased a new tablet, thank you Naja, signed up for prime so it will be here tomorrow.

It is really challenging using this "tiny tablet", going to have to figure out how to clear it and donate to someone. Maybe Monument Crisis Center.

Off to try and do Seekers notes game, then solitaire and not worry about the rest of my games until tomorrow.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
You need a lot more storage, etc. but I love my little Google Chromebook! I have a nice "normal-sized" keyboard and good-sized screen. I only do email and and Google-type searches, etc. so it serves my simple needs! ///wish you were here for lots of reasons, of course, but currently because there is a tax-free weekend coming up - sales tax here is 9.75% so lots of people wait for thesefor f big purchases

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Today we do a detailed dusting of the living room knicknacks.

I got my kitchen cleaned up from my cooking episode yesterday which mostly involved loading up the dishwasher, LOL. Then I refilled a bunch of water bottles.

Found that I all my packages have arrived, except my new tablet, so I brought those in.

I am thinking that I might wash my comforter, it has been looking a bit grim to me, so I will remake the bed and do that today.

For now I am having some coffee, clearing email and getting caught up on the news.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
TNTitanfan I just use my table to play games. I do all my business, email, etc., on my laptop.

I always have looked at the kindles and stuff but didn't know if they would work for what I want to do, LOL.

Thanks to Naja, I got a really good deal, there was an $80 off coupon (no clue why, but I used it) then I signed up for free prime so I get it in one day and free shipping. Just have to remember to cancel prime which I put on my calendar.

Also have to remember to purchase anything I really need while I have prime. I don't usually purchase much from Amazon. I prefer other companies, LOL, even tho I do own stock in it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, got the blanket shook out and refolded, which lead to sweeping the balcony and watering all the plants. Then I pruned a plant and refilled the kitty water pail.

I did remake the bed, for some reason the sheets had shifted to one side, LOL, and then I pushed the mattress back into place. Since I get into bed on the same side all the time it does cause the mattress to shift a tiny bit every day. So I just reposition it which might be why the sheets are shifty, LOL.

Back to may games while Sylvester has this treats then I will take the comforter out and shake it. I realized I can just flip it over until I get around to laundering it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My new tablet is here !!!! But I made myself finish putting the bed back together before I open the box.

Got the comforter on and all the kitty toys back in their places at the end of the bed. So now I can open the box with my tablet.

So excited!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got it plugged in. Sylvester really likes the Amazon box it came in, he is sitting in it now and doing a little after dinner grooming.

This didn't have a lot instructions, just a bit about how to make it make phone calls, which I won't be doing.

It was 87% charged so I am finishing the charging now, then I will add my apps and see how I like it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH and I got 2 new pairs of shoes and 2 blouses today, so it was a day of presents.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 27, 2023 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Its Errand Day and dusting all the odd places in your living room, the tops of curtains/drapes, top of the door jams, tops of tall furniture, etc.

I need to get back to my list and make sure I am prepared for tomorrows RC meeting.

For now I am going to read the paper, have some yogurt and start my normal routines with my new tablet ... love it so far.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 27, 2023 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Took out some trash and found the recycle bin overflowing so I can't take that stuff out today, maybe tonight, they might be clearing it for pickup tomorrow.

Swept the living room, office and hallway and now finishing up email, then moving on to TVCH and Twitter.

My new tablet called 911, so embarrassing, I have no idea what I hit to cause it to happen I had just closed the cover and then I heard someone saying, 911.

At first I couldn't figure out what was going on, then I grabbed my tablet and apologized to 911, told them it was an accidental call.

Lordy. So clearly I need to look a little more at the buttons on the tablet "desktop". I would like to have fewer buttons so have to see if I can do that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 27, 2023 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I found how the tablet called 911. Apparently on the password signin there in an emergency button you can tap, I think when I closed the lid one of the areas that bends to make it stand up must have hit it, so I will be careful when closing it.

Excitement here at the residence. A water main pipe on the 4th floor has burst. Now I can't imagine why there would be a main on the the 4th floor but people who aren't plumbers are the ones who are saying that. I think it is just a pipe burst and water was running down the stairs and and kind of in the trash room areas.

I feel so bad for them, I know how awful this is from running the condo board and having water problems.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 28, 2023 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Clean out the purse and car day plus put something pretty in the living room.

Today is Resident Council day so I am making sure I have all the stuff ready for it.

And maybe there is some room in the recycle room for all the boxes I need to get out of the house. Guess I will check that later.

Apparently the "water main break" was really a sprinkler break. They got some restoration people out last night, who left around midnight and now we have fans going to try and dry out the carpet. in certain areas.

I am clearing email and making some coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 28, 2023 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, meeting over !!! Glad to have that done for now, will deal with any stuff that came up next week.

Time to finish clearing email, catch up on my games, and figure out the rest of my day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 29, 2023 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission -- Have fun --

Not sure what I am up to today. Since I turned off the alarms I didn't wake up until 9am, it felt great.

I meant to run the dishwasher last night but forgot , so I have it going now. No more coffee mugs, LOL.

I need to water the plants, but for now I am going to go and read the paper, play some games and have a yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 29, 2023 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Refilled water bottles, dumped out the ice trays and refilled those as well. Redid the Goodwill box so that is will be ready for next weekend when my sister comes. I had to make room for a couple of pans that I found when I made my pasta salad, decided I really didn't need to keep so many.

Oh, I should go thru all my pans and just keep the matching ones since I don't cook. I think that would give me plenty. Maybe get a second Goodwill box going.

Got thru email, checking twitter.

The fans are still going in the hallway outside my unit so I am not sure it is a good idea to climb the stairs to the laundry room until they have cleared everything. I will check tomorrow, I don't think the staircases got wet, but the laundry room is right in the path for break.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 29, 2023 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got my Safeway order done and checked my Chewy order and moved it up a couple of days.

Then I balanced my checkbook and set up some money transfers. Logged it all into my calendar so I don't forget to check on stuff.

Now if only I can remember any additional stuff I need from Safeway before my ability to edit ends, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 30, 2023 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday -- A beautiful day in the neighborhood, enjoy it !!

Got my Safeway delivery nice and early, all put away. Then I unloaded the dishwasher.

Been reading the paper and decided I needed some coffee, LOL.

So now I am clearing email and doing a bit of catching up on stuff.