TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 03, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through January 03, 2023 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, December 24, 2022 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Do NOT give him a Christmas present if you do not want his attentions, Dipo. It is the wrong signal to send. Unless you give him hand lotion, of course.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 25, 2022 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Christmas Brunch is 11 to 2pm; my guests are coming over at 11:30, then we will open presents.

It is hazy and gray out, but time to close the balcony door, it feels like it has cooled off a bit since I got up.

Time to get ready and have some coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 25, 2022 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep Juju, I figured the best way to make it stop is to just say thankyou and move on.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 25, 2022 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yummy brunch and Santa (my sister) brought me all the things I wanted, LOL.

I got a new dustbuster, some difusers for the bathroom - Slyvestor makes some really stinky poops, LOL. a couple of neck warmer scarves, and some really warm fluffy socks, plus some candy and stuff from my stocking.

What a fabulous day... and now they are gone, the kitties can sniff all over where people sat. And I can put on my jammies and enjoy movies and play computer games!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 26, 2022 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

My calendar tells me .... Kwanzaa begins,
Hannukah ends,
Christmas Day is observed in some of Australia, Boxing Day is happening in Canada, New Zealand, UK and Australia (except for those doing Christmas Day) AND it is

St. Stephen's Day in Ireland.

For here, it is relax and put your house back together after all the presents from yesterday Day, hahahahahaha.

I made my list for the week, laundry plays a prominent role, and I do need to put away presents.

But for now I am going to do my Safeway order then take my paper and yogurt and get back in the warm bed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 26, 2022 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Safeway coming tonight, I was surprised, thought I would have to wait until tomorrow.

Cleared the balcony of stuff the rain would ruin and cleaned up the kitchen.

Got the presents set up under the tree and the living room cleaned up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 26, 2022 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Balanced my checkbook and paid the rent and Kaiser.
Didn't know my Kaiser cost went down, surprised about that.

My Safeway order is coming, started out at $109 and ended up at $59. I did get the stuff I needed, I had 3 different litters ordered, only got 1. Got 2 kinds of yogurt instead of 3, and got my muffins, so I am good. I can do another order later this week for the other stuff I need/want.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 27, 2022 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Should be a quiet day enjoying the rain and doing a few chores here and there.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 27, 2022 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the dishwasher going; sorted my laundry into loads so I can do some laundry tomorrow, I think.

Now working on email and twitter

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 27, 2022 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy crap, the alarm just went off. I swear I think they need to figure out who keeps setting it off and determine if maybe they are "independent" living people. Man that alarm is loud, I wonder if I can get it turned down.

I know we have some people who don't hear well, but I hear fine and it practically makes me deaf!

Anyway, that was the excitement for the day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 28, 2022 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

The sun is shining ... kitties were anxious for me to open the balcony / patio; so I went and dumped water off the milk crates, wiped down the cushion and put some towels out for there to be dry places for them to sit and peruse their kingdoms, LOL.

Just working on my chore list today, for now clearing email, reading the newspaper and playing some computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 28, 2022 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email cleared, unloaded the dishwasher, dusted a table in the bedroom and swept the office / living room floor.

Off to twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 28, 2022 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Twitter done. Got the nails up so I can hang my scarves, I don't know if I mentioned that the command hooks slide down the walls, hahahahahahaha. They don't seem to stick on textured walls, they are fine on the particle board walls of the closet.

Then I put away my new gloves/mittens and fluffy socks into a basket in the amoire. I think I have 2 empty baskets that I need to decide if I should keep.

Finally I have taken my NEW Dustbuster out and got it plugged in! I am so excited, my sister is coming on New Years Day to hang it and rehang the old one.

That reminds me, I need to check and see if the restaurants we like are open that day.

Off to google and the read my dustbuster book.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 28, 2022 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Had a nice dinner ... Kind of amazing, there are 48 seats in the main dining room and only 22 people were there. Apparently there is a lot of illness floating around.

And they cancelled the "happy hour" on Thursday and the New Years Eve Toast. I don't go to the happy hours and have no clue what the toast was going to be, LOL, so not loss to me.

Looks like all the places we like to eat at are open on New Years Day, so that works out nicely.

Time to check email and twittr again.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 29, 2022 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Doctors appointment today, bummer I gained 10 lbs, which is odd since all my clothes fit the same and I went down in pants' size. Maybe my boobs got bigger, hahahahahaha. Anyway, maybe not have as many desserts at night ... save them for the next morning.

Otherwise all was well but I was so HOT the entire time I was at Kaiser, apparently it was really cold inside the facility yesterday so today it's really hot. Glad to be home and able to ditch some clothes and cool off.

Only things left on my chore list are laundry and cleaning the fridge/freezer. But I also need to get thru email, twitter, computer games, etc.

And have some lunch!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 29, 2022 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I did have a glucose test and even tho I have gained some weight my glucose is in standard range and my A1c is .2 from standard range. That was the only thing I was concerned about, that my new "diet" of eating balanced meals might change my numbers.

So that is good.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 30, 2022 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Just a quiet day ... finally got a paper, so enjoying that. Not sure what it on the agenda today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 30, 2022 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cleaning the blinds because when the balcony door is open somehow the rain drips onto it and has made them look dirty.

Got about half of them done and I have cleared email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Feels like a rainy day to stay in bed and read books. For now I am just going to read the newspaper and play some computer games while I watch The West Wing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cleaned up the kitchen and got the dishwasher loaded. Made some coffee, cleared email and twitter, now listening to my podcast from Thursday, so I am a bit behind.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 01, 2023 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday Sunday .... Happy New Year

It's a glorious day, dry, LOL, and wonderful. Grabbed the paper and some yogurt.

Let the kitties go out for the first time in a few days ... so now I have wet little kitty pawprints on the floor, LOL. Its not raining but it is still a bit damp, too funny.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

So confusing, I thought we were back to normal, no more Christmas movies, regular news etc. but I forgot ... for some this is a holiday.

Went to check the stock report and when it wasn't on I remembered the holiday.

OH well, everything should be back to normal tomorrow. Maybe I will do some laundry, or rotate the mattress and change the sheets. Oh that reminds me I might buy a sheet set, saw a cute one yesterday and forgot all about it.

Off to check on the sheets, read the paper and have some yogurt. Got the balcony opened so the kitties can check it out before the rain starts.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Took out the recycling and closing up the balcony, haven't seen much rain but the pavement is wet.

Researching new sheets, I need some for spring/summer. Working on clearing email and twitter.

Going to grab my coffee, and clean up the kitchen. I swear I cleaned it up before but somehow I have already made it messy, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 02, 2023 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Had a great dinner ... stuffed mushrooms, ceasar salad, wine, pasta w/shrimp, lemon chello for dessert.

Exchanged Christmas presents and got some leftover Chantilly cake (from a New Years Dinner), so it was a fun night.

Decided the sheets wouldn't work, so now on the lookout for others.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 03, 2023 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

So the New Year finally starts ... all the cars are back to parking on the street outside my balcony so that means everyone is back to work, LOL.

I can't believe I slept in so late, but after being woken at 3am by a loud alarm on my computer I turned off my alarms, LOL.

Anyway today I am dumping all the trays under the plants and flipping them over so the next storm doesn't drown them and I am not sure what else. Maybe some laundry.

For now I am working on email and then the newspaper, yogurt and some computer games.