TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 23, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through October 23, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 16, 2023 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email done, new list made and I did a bit of work on my Newsletter. Trying to make up some Goals/Purpose for the Resident Council.

Oh, time to check twitter! OH and I need to get my Covid supplies box down and check all that stuff.

I want to get a Covid shot but I can't find my Kaiser card so I ordered a new one, then I can make an appointment at CVS. The line is way toooo long at Kaiser, I can't stand in a line with non-masked people who aren't doing the social distancing any more. So I want an appointment.

Off to twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 16, 2023 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I didn;t realize the time when I posted last so I rushed out to grab the early dinner. IT was excellent, tri-tip with roasted veggies!!

So yummy. Anyway because I was late I got to sit alone and read my book. I love that.

Now I am off to twitter.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, October 16, 2023 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Since we liveso far apart,I don't know what stores you all have! We can get shots at Krogers(food store,) Wal'Mart (General discount store,) Walgreen's (drugstore), and the country health department! My community also just sponsored an immunization day with COVIC, flu, pneaumonia, Shingles availale!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 16, 2023 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes we have a bunch as well but for some reason Kaiser and Safeway aren't playing together on this one so I have to go to a different place. But I do have to be able to show my Kaiser card so they can be reimbursed for the cost of the shot.

No big deal, my new card should be here within a week or so. If I get desperate I can always put a digital one on my phone but that doesn't always work well, LOL>

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 17, 2023 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission
https://www.flylady.net/d/new-links/#missions

It's time to clean the tub/shower and clean out all the extra shampoos, etc.

Just got back from the Fraud Meeting and it was pretty good. Found out if you are going to write a check you need to use a Gel Pen, they help prevent check washing. And some of these older people still pay bills with checks. They went over all the scams out there, I got some good info to use as an article in the next newsletter.

Mostly today I am working on my bedroom closet, this is the continuation of the pantry cleanout. Also need to get this stuff done because Housekeeping is coming tomorrow so I need to get stuff back where it belongs instead of on the floor of the bedroom, LOL.

Off to finish up email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 17, 2023 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Email and Twitter done! Took forever!

Now I am off to finish up my closet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 17, 2023 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the milk crates up on the shelf and put the boxes for my tablets and stuff up there, plus I found a first aid kit that I am moving under the bathroom sink.

Then I moved the big cat carrier down under the jackets. That was the whole reason for this shift. I was thinking that I needed the cat carrier where I could easily grab it in an emergency.

Found a ton of cat hair bunnies, LOL, so I dustbusted the floor. Also identified things for my Free/Sale Box, so got that started. OH and I pulled out the personal heater I use by my bed, if we ever end the summer weather that keeps coming back, LOL.

Moved the cleaning supplies over with the other ones in the pantry. I have been wanting to get that stuff all together so I can start getting rid of those as well. I only use a few things and have a bunch.

Now I need to get down my Covid Supplies and go thru that plus restock the tp cabinet.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, October 17, 2023 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
What are "COVID supplies?" Tests? We had a "TownnMeeting" today and one of the concerns raised - as we have COVID in the building again - was the fact that almost all - if not ALL - of the gov, supplied testing kits were outdated when received!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 17, 2023 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
TNT, you should check online for the tests... a bunch of them were given extensions on the expiration date.

LOL, I have a basket of stuff that holds all my covid stuff. I have a ton of different kinds of masks, some surgical, some N95's; two different kinds of antiseptic wipes, a box of gloves, 2 bottles of hand sanitizer (I have the others out to use) and a couple of tests. I actually wanted to check and see when the tests expired so I could order some more.

They expired in 2022, so now I need to check and see if they got extended.

I am going to give away some of the masks, there is no way I can use the number that I have. I have black, pink and white really good masks, and then 2 boxes of the green surgical kind.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 18, 2023 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesdays' Mission

Time to wash all those rugs and shower curtains, plus dust for cobwebs!

I have housekeeping today so I can't do either of these things, but I will be dusting the shelf unit once Karin is done.

Clearly they have rented the apartment above me, all I can hear is the floor installers, at least I hope that is what they are. It sounded like they were kicking one of those carpet stretcher things, LOL.

I have the kitchen ready to go and picked up the boxes and things from my bedroom floor. I will do the rest when she gets here.

Also had a Safeway delivery this morning and a little earthquake.

Off to clear email, twitter and listen to Taran.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, October 18, 2023 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Dipo! I have one box eachof masks and gloves anda couple of bottles of hand sanitizer too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 19, 2023 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand Day ... and clean out all those old cosmetics.

I got the house back together yesterday, but I still need to do some detail dusting and stuff that I normally do after housekeeping. I had run the dishwasher before she came so I need to get that unloaded.

Got email mostly cleared and made some coffee, now I need to see what's happening with twitter.

Oh and I really need to go down and get my mail, LOL, a few things that I have been expecting are in there, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 19, 2023 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well I realized, after being on the phone in the complete dark other than the computer screen that I need to put changing the timers on my list for tomorrow, LOL.

Since it is getting dark so much earlier I need to figure out what time to have them come on for the time change.

I didn't get much done today, sort of felt yucky. I think I have developed an allergy to blueberry muffins! I had given them up and then tried them again and it seemed fine. But that was the only thing I had this morning and I started feeling yucky about a half hour after I had one! So annoying, I love having a muffin with my coffee.

But I do have my list for tomorrow already to go, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Clean out your car and purse day plus time to wipe down the countertops and clean the sink.

I have my list but first I will have some yogurt, read the paper and listen to Taran.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru email and twitter. I was talking to my friend about Halloween and I remembered I have the metal witch decoration. Totally forgot about it, so I went and found it in the Storage Unit, along with a couple of other things so now I need to update my outside decorations.

Also called on the Malwarebytes and Ancestory.com charges on my credit card and got them removed. So that task is finally done.

Now I need to call the vet and get Sylvesters appointment done. Then all my most important tasks will be accomplished.

Oh and I got my new litter rug. I am so excited, I wanted one big enough to fit under the desk so that the wheels of my chair would stop picking up the clay and marking the floor. It will work great with the existing rug I have.

I am now going to sweep and mop the floor so I can put it down!!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I bet my housekeeeperwould swap placs with yours in a minut

e! All I d oo to get ready for mine is toss dirty clothes in the hamper and hang up anything I am super particular about and write a note if there is anything special I want her to do like go and get my mail or clean out the fridge! Cobweb removal would certainly be on the list!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah!! the rug looks so good, and I just slid it under the existing litter rug. It fits under the desk so now my chair wheels will be able to clean off on the rug.

Also called the Vet and said I had put in a request for an appointment and hadn't heard anything. So I have that scheduled for the 28th at 9am. Sylvester will not be happy with the drive, it's not that far, less than 5 miles but I think they are a better Vet, and I will at least get to be in the room with him and discuss options with the Vet. I still can't believe the other Vet wanted me to just drop him off so he could sit in his box until they got around to him!

Last thing on the list is to get the mail and I will do that when I go down to pickup the dinner I ordered.

Off to play some computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and I forgot, I went and spent my $60 OTC benefit from Medicare. Got a scale, another thermometer to put in my nightstand and some toe separators (they will work well for pedicures, LOL). Couldn't spend it all, left $5 on the table but I did see they have electric toothbrushes and I may need a new one of those soon, mine was acting funny this morning.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 20, 2023 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Took out the newspapers then went and got my "meal pickup", then the mail!

My mailbox was out of control, the mailman was just cramming stuff in; no taking out the packages and putting the mail in the bottom then stacking the packages, just crumple them up and shove them in, LOL.

I got my new flags -- one for Halloween and one for Thanksgiving -- for my decorations at my front door. Got a two packages of drugs, I don't know why they don't put them in the same package but I guess they had to clear the refill on one of them with the doc so instead of holding to send them together they send them separately.

Then I also got my Covid Antibodies test kits. I hope someday I hear what the results of the study is but it is for 5 years, LOL.

So I got all the mail sorted and put away, I will do the covid testing in the morning.

And also put out the witch and other Halloween decorations!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... A day of Fun!!

So much to do! I cleaned up the kitchen, got the dishwasher loaded and did a safeway order to get some bags for my "compostable food" -- the old catfood.

I am so happy Sylvester has been very into his food this morning! So far 2 different cans. He is off his meds until Monday and we have a Vet appointment with my old Vet next Saturday.

Today I am re-doing the front door decorations, putting up the halloween stuff.

And then working on my list.

Enjoying my coffee, clearing email and twitter while I listen to Taran.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 21, 2023 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the bathroom dustbusted and put in new towels.

Got my hair up in curlers incase I go out to dinner tonight and now I am working on stapling the minutes and getting them ready for distribution.

Emailed to find out the new "vacancies". I will also start working on the Halloween "decor", LOL.

Plus I want to put a couple of nails up so I can hand an overnight bag and my collapsible stool.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 22, 2023 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... A day of relaxation and thoughtfulness

Not too much going on, have a few things on my list. Maybe I will do the Covid Study stuff, and then get that nail up for the overnight bag. I am putting it up high so I need to grab the stepstool to accomplish that.

Need to get thru email, twitter, have some brunch and enjoy my coffee.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, October 22, 2023 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Over the years I have had very few health problems with my Siamese,but I always kept a jar of baby food meat on hand. It has no seasoning, including no salt, and apparently is designed for delicate digestive systems. They are, however, relatively protein-rich,so this might be worth a try the next time he goes off-feed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 22, 2023 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear TNT, I have tried everything. I got him some beef baby food and he turned his nose up at it. I have gotten so many different kinds of wet foods and kibble.

I saw one suggestion to put churu on his food. I am thinking though that I may hold off on the churu. I was wondering if that could have caused some of it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 23, 2023 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Home Blessing Day ... already cleaned up the kitchen by loading the dishwasher, cutting up the yogurt containers and putting away a few things left from the Safeway delivery.

Read most of the paper, just started the coffee, cleaned the kitty box and now I am working on email and twitter.

Oh and must listen to Taran even tho I am not really interested much in the show anymore.