TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 30, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through December 30, 2023 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dipo, if the flashlights are called TripleLite, they may also have a three-way feature of a blinking light and a less powerful non-flashing light. I use the flashing light pointed at the ground if I am out waking at night in my white shirt I brought to Texas for that express purpose.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, they do!! They have several different functions and that is one of them. They are so cool, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission
https://www.flylady.net/d/zones/zone-3/

I have been busy getting ready for Housekeeping, took out newspapers, recycling and two bags of trash. Then I changed out the brita filter so I could refill water bottles, in the meantime I stashed the ones I need to refill in a cabinet.

Got the dishes unloaded from the dishwasher this morning, then I put them away when I came out to make coffee. Moved my rollie (the walker I use to move things) into the closet .... it's raining so I can't put anything out on the balcony.

I had left the balcony door open last night, forgot about it, and it rained this morning, so when I closed it I had to wipe it down because it drips down from above onto it. So I cleaned the top of the blinds and wiped down the glass and then did the trim which was pretty yucky.

Now I notice some water has dribbled into the house, it was under the welcome mat that I just moved.

All the kitty stuff is up on the chairs and sofas.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
AND OMG!!! While I was putting away stuff, I have a basket on the shelf in the closet for the things I gather for my sister. It has a book, and some kibbles that my cats have decided aren't good for some reason.

Anyway, I saw a box and I went What is that? I knew it, I had bought some flashlight / lanterns a while back to give as gifts. One for me and two for others.

So now I have flashlights up the Ying yang, LOL. I like them both.

These are Bell&Howell, they also have a lantern and SOS function, plus they are waterproof.

I remember when I got them and then later kept thinking what happened to that box that I was using to hold the balcony door open. But when I was looking for all my Christmas packages somehow I missed this one.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Now I need to clear email, deal with twitter and see if I can figure out how to get my flylady stuff working.

Also need to edit the Newsletter and return it.o

Busy day ahead, kindof. I am done with my chores mostly, just put everything back together once Housekeeping is done.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 20, 2023 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear the kitties are making me crazy, they don't like the closed balcony door, but it is raining and all they do is go out, get their paws wet and then come in and mess up my floors, LOL. I have a mat there, they could at least wipe their feet, hahahahaha.

Housekeeping has come and gone. Got most of the living room put back together. The kitty condo house is back under the TV table and Sylvester is using the scratcher as we speak.

Still need to put the kitchen back together and a few other things need to return to their normal spot.

Just waiting for the living room/office floor to dry before I start walking around.

I did get the email done and I got the newsletter done and sent off to the publisher. Now for twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursdays' Mission

Today is declutter under the master bed. Still don't have the missions working again, LOL, but I found this part.

Late start so I am working on email and twitter.

Still have my "cold" and I finally figured out how I got it. My friend gave it to me Sunday at dinner. It's the only thing I can figure, she had had a cold and was the only person I had been around who was sick. So annoying.

Tried a different pill today, I don't feel bad, don't have a fever, just that over-congested sinus that makes it feel like your face it tight and a slightly runny nose. So annoying, I have a meeting tomorrow and I am wondering if I should actually go, maybe with a mask.

Oh and I got up, was going to take a nap but Sylvester was meowing at me, so I thought he might want some more food. I got up and went to make coffee and he just wanted me to get out of the "spot" so he could have his nap, hahahahaha.

So I guess I will do some chores, like clear email/twitter, have some lunch, and see what else is up.

I did get up early and put the cushion and towels back on the balcony so that could be opened back up. No rain predicted until sometime next week.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 22, 2023 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

It's clean out your purse and car day! Plus put away that pile of clothes stashed on your bedroom chair or closet.

I have Resident Council meeting today, still trying to decide if I should go with a mask or skip it. I don't want to give anyone germs before Christmas!!

So, no fever, just congestion, I took a pill so we shall see how I feel in an hour or so.

Last night I saw a mouse run across the floor and into the bathroom, scared the crap out of me, LOL. So I quickly closed the bathroom door, tried to get the cats to wake up and deal with it but they ignored me. Closed the balcony door in case that is where it came from (a high probability) and then called for help.

Angelo came at to help once he got on duty, and went into the bathroom and couldn't find anything. Where the heck did that mouse go!!! There are no little holes anywhere along the baseboards, I don't think there is a gap between the vanity and the wall, so wierd.

Angelo is really cute, I am surprised I haven't heard of an uptick of "falls" in the evenings, since he is the one who would respond to the emergency cord pulls, hahahahaha. He had great aftershave as well, I noticed when I walked him to the door.

The kitties were more interested in why the bathroom door was closed and after it was open there was some sniffing but it didn't seem like they smelled "mouse". And I know Nala is a mouser because I found mouse poop under the sink in my condo after I moved which explained why she would make me open the cabinet door and then go in there and sit.

So now I am taking my paper and yogurt and going back to bed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 22, 2023 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I came home from my meeting and Sylvester had a mouse in his mouth that was squeaking. I thought it was one of the squeaky mouse toys BUT it was real!!!!

He chased it around and kept catching it and I had to pull out different pieces of furniture so he could track the mouse. I texted the manager and he sent a maintenance man over who eventually stabbed the mouse with a screwdriver. I was hoping we would catch it an release it but that doesn't seem to be option.

Sylvester is now patrolling and unhappy there isn't a mouse for him to catch.

Lordy, it was very startling... but my meeting went well!! We had a large attendance so that was nice.

My heart is starting to slow back to normal, and the cats have now received their notification they need to be watching for mice!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 23, 2023 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ...

It is gorgeous out and I want this cold to go away!!

Haven't done much except open up the house and it is so nice out on the balcony. I am a little reluctant to leave the door open due to the possible mouse situation (we have a big problem in the shopping center parking lot across the street and the pest people think that is where they are coming from). But I will keep it open while I can see it, ie meaning when I am in my office at my desk, and then close it if I go to the bedroom or out.

Just working on emial and twitter, watching Christmas movies and making sure I am ready for Sunday and Monday.

I have Chinese food for Christmas Eve dinner and Brunch with my sister on Christmas Day.

Off to email.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, December 23, 2023 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I don't think you have anything to fear from a mouse coming in from the balcony. They are not much good climbing. They are far more likely o come up inside the walls, AND Sylvester is on guard duty!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 24, 2023 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... Merry Christmas EVE

Not doing much today, we have a nice brunch at 11am and then tonight I am going to Chinese dinner with friends.

I got a new calendar so I can update it with the pertinent things I need, like birthdays and major events.

At some point I should do some dustbusting and sweeping since my sister comes tomorrow.

For now, just clearing email, twitter and tvch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 24, 2023 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, well google says mice and rats are good climbing vertical walls. The pest guy said to be sure the door is closed at night, and there is a very bad infestation of rats at the trash enclosures over at the shopping center. We saw a ton when the carlights flashed on the enclosure after bingo, it was amazing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 25, 2023 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
MERRY CHRISTMAS .... Have a fun and thankful day.

I woke up feeling better than all week after a tough night. Started hurting when I coughed so I found my Vicks Vapo Rub and did my chest and nose!! Then did my Hales cough drops. I think it worked.

Then I did a very steamy Eucalyptus shower (I have these Eucalyptus disks that you put on the shower floor and they let off a nice smell that is good for your breathing.

Got my hair up in curlers and since I steamed up the whole house, LOL, first time that has happened I went ahead and cleaned the windows in the bedroom. It was on my list because I could see little nose prints from the kitties. They look great now.

My sister is coming over for Christmas brunch and PRESENTS!!

Oh and I unloaded the dishwasher and got all the old food out of the fridge. Took the old food and old kitty food out to the trash.

Now I am enjoying some coffee, clearing email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 25, 2023 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG .. such a fabulous Christmas brunch, breakfast sausage casserole with country gravy, or Chicken Piccata served with polenta and veggies. Both were fabulous, white and red wine, and then two fabulous desserts .. an almond cake pudding (can't remember what they called it) or apple cheesecake.

Never had apple cheesecake and it was excellent. I had the almond stuff and it was the best ever.

Got lots of really appropriate presents, sent my sister home with her presents and the goodwill box, so my house has been cleaned out a bit.

Now I need a nap.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, December 25, 2023 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
My appologies re the mice! I thought I remembered that factoid from one of the vet shows!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 26, 2023 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Holiday Clean-Up .... Time to put away all the wrapping paper, bows, and tape. Add the bows from this years presents to recycle them for next year.

Today ... Home Blessing Day (since yesterday was Christmas Day). 10 minutes on each task ...Vacuum, Dust, Quick Mop, Polish Mirrors and Doors, Purge magazines/catalogs, Change Sheets.Empty all trash cans.

Finally take a look around the living room and decide if you really like all the knick-knacks. If you don't, get rid of them.

I do need to do some cleanup, I got my new dustbuster charged and I can't wait to try it out on the office litter area and the bathroom, LOL.

Then I need to put away all the presents sitting on the coffee table. Somehow in all this event I don't have a box, LOL, for the bows and stuff I am saving for next year. Maybe I can start a Christmas Bag of "stuff".

I did clean up the kitchen and got my dinner/lunch out to come to room temperature...it is prime rib that my sister made on Saturday!! So excited she made me a whole meal of food in this cute TV dinner type container. Then separate containers of Au Jus and Horseradish, hahahahaha.

For now I am having some coffee and working on email. I have no other plans, so it should be a wonderful day.

Oh .... the sun is trying to come out!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 26, 2023 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, so far I am not that impressed with the new dustbuster; they said it is more powerful but it doesn't feel that way when I was trying to suck up kitty litter. It felt like I was pressing it down harder to get it to suck up the litter.

And the design feels off, like it doesn't sit well in the hand and isn't long enough so it feels "off".

I will hold off and see if I change my mind, but I will also try the old one and see if I can decide the differences.

Got thru most of twitter, still working on email. And OMG, the prime rib dinner my sister made was fabulous!! I got scalloped potatoes AND a baked potato, LOL. The baked is still in the fridge but I had all the rest, and the green beans were really good!! too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 27, 2023 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesdays' Mission

Holiday Cleanup -- 15 minutes putting away the new gifts

Today -- Anti-Procrastination day, You can do things like... Do the Laundry, Clean Out Your, Refrigerator, Make doctors appointments, Finish that report for work.

Time to dust the neglected areas of your living room, the top of bookcases, blinds, etc., and then do a detailed dusting if there is time.

I was hoping to go to Chinese food for lunch today. I was feeling much better and thought it might be ok, but still every congested, sneezing and coughing so I think I will put it off to Saturday/Sunday.

Just did a Safeway order, and somehow no paper, so I am going back to bed for yogurt, computer games and maybe a nap.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, December 27, 2023 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Egg drop soup should help with that pesky cold!!!

Stay away from dairy!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 28, 2023 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Holiday -- Finish putting away gifts and recycle any remaining boxes.

Today -- It's errand day, do the grocery shopping for New Years, LOL, or drop clothes and recycling off at donation centers.

AND time for detailed vac'ing of the living room, get all along the baseboards, then do the middles.

I am ahead of the game, LOL, everytime I walk by the coffee table I have grabbed a gift to put away, but I don't know what to do with my ribbons and bows because I don't have a box for the Christmas stuff yet. So I guess they will stay on the coffee table.

Still having difficulty with my cold. I swear I am missing brain cells from the amount of crap I have blown out of my nose, hahahahaha.

Got my Safeway delivery so I am trying a different pill which seems to have dried me up a bit but makes me a bit drowsy. So I took around 9 and then had a nap till now.

Just getting started on stuff. I opened up the balcony and put the towels back out, then got some coffee brewing and now working on TVCH and email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 29, 2023 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Track down and put away any remaining decorations AND Delcutter purse and car day, plus look around the living room for anything that doesn't belong there and may have migrated for the holidays, LOL.

I haven't started putting away my decorations, need to find a box or something to put the Christmas related stuff in since I leave up the fall decorations on my "porch" until it is time for the spring decor.

Feeling much better today, maybe I will be well soon!! Not as congested and I don't seem to be coughing and sneezing as much.

Got the kitchen cleaned up, old kitty food to the trash and the dishwasher is running.

Off to check email then yogurt and the newspaper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 29, 2023 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Still working on email in between moving money, setting up bill payment, redoing my 2024 budget with the updated rent and decreased health payment.

Also I had gotten some stuffed mushrooms from Safeway, had been craving them, these are nothing like I was wanting, LOL. They are good but they are totally stuffed with tons of cheese!!! I was thinking some cheese with sausage/celery, that sort of thing. Still enjoying them.

Two more accounts to check/deal with and I will have all banking done! then I should do some dusting.

I did a Chewy order so I should have a box soon that I can use for Christmas stuff, LOL. Oh and I emailed my sister to see if she took her stocking home instead of leaving it here.

Off to email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's .... Have a fun day ....

Cleaned up the kitchen a bit, refilled some water bottles while I waited for the coffee to brew.

I think my cold is over!!! YEAH!!! Just some residual headache and occasional sneeze or cough. Debating whether I should take any cold medication or just go without.

Working on email/twitter/tvch, enjoying my coffee trying to find something to watch on TV that's not a Christmas themed movie ..... when oh when are they going to stop, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 30, 2023 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tired the new dustbuster in the bathroom, I strongly dislike this one! I already ordered a new one from Amazon, should be here Jan 3rd, LOL.

I don't care what they say is does not feel more powerful, and it hangs down and the stuff you have sucked up falls out of it. Bad design!!

We kept the box so my sister can return it or give it to her friend for his garage.

Balanced my "xtra" checking account and paid a bill. Now the last financial thing I need to do is look at my retirement account. Guess I will do that after dinner.