TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 10, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through February 10, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bike done for 5 minutes, coffee brewed. Working on email and breaking down the boxes to go out to the bin.

Boxes out to the bin and I brought in my poinsettia, think it is time to change to winter mode on the decorations.

Time for my free hour of Seekers Notes, then back to work.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the kitty food restocked and loaded the dishwasher. Then I grabbed a wet microfiber rag and wiped down the bar counter and the file cabinet. It amazes me how dusty it gets.

Back to email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
EMail done, water and soda bottles refilled. Working on the office pile of stuff, LOL while waiting for my Safeway delivery.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good Grief ... I went to my Discover Card to confirm that a couple of refunds had been processed by QVC and I had some odd charges from something called D-hob.com.

When I googled I got no clear indication of what / or who they are or what kind of "service" they provide. Anyway, I disputed the 2 charges, one was $1.95 and the other was $39.95. This kind of stuff is so annoying!

Got thru my pile of stuff, checking the Discover card was one of the items, LOL. Now the only thing left is to mail a check to BofA and input my tax info.

I was making a lot of progress until I found these odd charges. Actually I did make a lot of progress today so moving on to other stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Is there something going on in the universe to make things crazy?

I just got my Safeway order, as he finished putting everything in my kitchen I said what is that? That giant bottle of distilled vinegar that I didn't order.

We both looked at the reciept not there, so he says enjoy your gift from Safeway, LOL. I have received things in the past that I didn't order, but then ....

I realized I didn't get my Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, LOL. So I went ahead and requested a refund on that.

I did get some free samples of oatmeal which is nice.

But it sure seems like weird stuff is going on and happening this issue, the discover issue, so odd.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesdays Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Totally forgot that my laptop said it had an update. So now I can't get my email or twitter to load on Chrome. Works fine on Edge, this happens everytime.

So I am going back to bed with the paper and yogurt for a while. HOpefully the "force" will be restored in the universe when I get up later, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Geeze, this lightweight litter was such a big mistake! I just spent a good 15 minutes sweeping, dustbusting and mopping the office and round the litter box. I am now trying to mix the remaining litter with the one that works best, fresh step.

There was litter all over the living room and hall, got that dustbusted as well.

And email and twitter are finally back on Chrome so now as I enjoy my coffee I will clear out my email and finish a few other chores.

Off to BankofAmerica to update my records and check my rent payment.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Filed away the paperwork that I needed to keep and in doing so found a bunch of stuff that needed to be recycled, it was from 2019 and 2020. So I processed that stuff.

Also opened up my Chewy box, I ordered a new litter mat so that when housekeeping is done tomorrow I can put the current rug into the laundry. If I like it I might get a new one for the office as well but first we will see how this one works out.

Time to work on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dustbusted the bathroom .. now to work on twitter, LOL.

Oh I keep forgetting my main goal is to work on the hearing aid research! Need to at least get started on that asap.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

I found a great article from the Mayo Clinic on hearing aids, need to do some more research on other areas. I think I will submit the articles as 2 or 3 separate things and let The Editor decide how to use them.

This morning we have Housekeeping!!! I have most of the house ready, just need to move the kitty box out of the bathroom and we are good to go.

For now newspaper, yogurt and computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Housekeeping is done! She did a really nice job and a miracle occurred! Both Nala and Sylvester came out for a while when she was here. I was amazed. I stayed in the bedroom while she did the living room and they both came up on the bed. It was like if I was on the bed they were safe from the "intruder", LOL. So funny, they have never done that before.

I have found a lot of stuff about hearing aids and put together several different articles for the newsletter.

So now I am clearing email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Putting the house back together and I decided I didn't like the new litter mat in the bathroom but I do like it for the office. Not smart of me to change it out after cleaning, I should have moved it so the are could be cleaned, but anyway I changed out the rug. And no matter that I very carefully removed the old rug, folding it so no litter would fall on the floor .... hahahahahahaha.

Silly me, there was still litter that managed to escape ALL over! Grabbed the dustbuster and cleaned all that up but was really annoyed it got over my beautifully clean floors!!!

Still have some stuff to put back but the most important stuff is done.

I was going to google how long salami lasts but when I opened the fridge I noticed it seemed to be white now, ACCCKKKK!! So took that and the litter rug immediately out to the trash.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dipo, can I delete some of the old archives? They go back to 2019. Thanks!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Of course, I can't imagine why we would want to see what we were doing back then, LOL. I am surprised we aren't just keeping 2021 to now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Maybe just keep a year.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'll leave the 2022 files, and then we can just delete yearly. Thanks!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sounds like a good plan

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I think I missed seeing something about your interest in hearing aids (perhaps while I was traveling back from TX to WA?). Anyway, I live in an over 55 community, so LOTS of people here have hearing aids or are getting hearing aids. Everybody here just goes to Costco, which is one mile away, and people who buy the $1400 ones seem to be just as happy with them as people who paid more.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Rode my bike while my coffee brewed. The deal is ride the bike or do laundry, LOL, don't have to do both on the same day. I am usually a little tired after housekeeping day because I move so much stuff off the floor and out of the way. I think I use different muscles / parts of the body.

Also just ordered a birthday gift so that task is done.

I thought I got my Sherlock problem solved, I bought some "rubies" and they charged me, I got the rubies, but the next day they upgraded the game with a new challenge and my rubies dissappeared. I reported it and they gave me 600 rubies yesterday which I gladly accepted, closed the game and went about my normal daily routine.

Came back last evening and the rubies are gone! I think they have a big bug in this update.

Ok, so now I am going to grab my coffee, a snack and play my other game Seekers Notes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Juju, good to know, I was doing the research for the Newsletter.

It was so funny because this morning when I was flipping thru the channels QVC was doing a presentation on the Lexi B2 (with Bose). I was $949.00 and I learned a lot, like it is for only mild to moderate hearing loss.

I am going to update the research I did with that and I will add the Costco option as well.

I did think of another thing I was curious about, would Medicare pay for this as an over the counter "drug" now. Need to check into that too.

I don't need one but I sure know a lot about them now, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
JUJU ... Interesting the difference in cost, when I went to my local Costco all the hearing aid options started at $1550 and up.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Which are probably the same ones that were $1400 three years ago.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 10, 2023 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Not sure what I will do today, next up on my list is tax stuff!

So for now, off to read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 10, 2023 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did my bike ride, I almost skipped it but forced myself to do it, while the coffee brewed. Otherwise I would have to do some laundry, hahahaha.

Realized that I needed to run the dishwasher so I got that loaded up and started.

Now to go get some coffee and clear my email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 10, 2023 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh Juju, that makes sense. I was trying to figure out why you guys got cheaper rates, LOL.