TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 01, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through November 01, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 23, 2023 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, and I got some Fancy Feast Tuna flakes in broth.

WHAT cat turns their nose up to tuna juice/oil and flakes?????

MINE, both of them, I can't believe it. So annoying.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, October 23, 2023 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Wish I knew a magic potion to offer you! Nothing as worrying as a sick "kid!"

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 23, 2023 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I know. We have a Vet appointment this Saturday and he did finally eat the tuna juice/oil.

I have been really monitoring his behavior and activities to make sure he is having a good quality of life.

He still really loves his treats, and has been eating more food today but I am spending a fortune trying all the different foods!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission
https://www.flylady.net/d/new-links/#missions

Master bedroom / bathroom / closet -- time to declutter and clear any piles of clothes hanging around.

I will be setting up the distribution of minutes, I have them ready to go just need to make the vacant lists and emial the distribution team.

Also need to balance the bank accounts and pay some bills. Oh and Maybe I will finish off the November Newsletter and then talk to someone who might be interested in being our publisher/editor.

Off to grab Taran's podcast, then read the paper ahd have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

It's Anti-procrastination day; Do the Laundry, Clean Out Your Refrigerator, Make doctors appointments, Finish that report for work.

Also clean up the floor of the closet, get rid of old shoes, mop and sweep.

So far I have gotten the dishwasher unloaded, I ran it last night, and reloaded. Did a Safeway order to be delivered this evening and hauled out the old catfood and trash to the bins.

Sylvester has been eating well today! and we might have gotten good stools too, but he is still itchy and I have to watch to make sure he doesn't overgroom and end up scratching/hurting his skin.

Now I am off to find Taran, clear email and twitter

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH, and those charges that I called to get reversed did show up on my credit card. So happy I don't have to report them as fraud.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru email and twitter, podcast done.

Taped up the bottom of my cat carrier box and got my new list developed.

Minutes and Agendas have been distributed and emailed. I got an email today saying they wanted the minutes emailed, so now I have 3!!

oh, and my Medicare OTC stuff came today! So I got that unboxed and put away.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah! Safeway came and went. I swear, I keep ordering Dove Body Wash and keep not getting any. I am going to have to go to the store myself just to get some, LOL.

And I ordered these cat foods, called soups, and they are must little tiny bowls of sauce it seems. Maybe Sylvester will like them poured over some food.

AND I got 2 donuts! So excited, they are usually out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 26, 2023 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

It's Errand day! And declutter those bedroom nightstands.

WOW it is cold, LOL, but beautiful. Thank goodness we have lots of sunshine, the kitties went right out and found some to sit in.

I have lots on my list today but for now I am going to read the paper and have some yogurt! and then get busy around 10.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 26, 2023 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I think the Newsletter is done. I did notice that there may be some more people to put in the thankyou but it doesn't have to go to the print until the second week of November.

I managed find a flyer regarding the Holiday Christmas Bonus Fund, so I can get that put together for the First week of November.

I balanced my checkbook, scheduled bill payments, went to AMX to move money. It wouldn't go thru on Chrome and last time they suggested I use a different browser so I tried Edge, wouldn't go thru again. So I had to call and let them make the transfer.

Dealt with my pile of "crap" in the office; recycled a bunch of RC minutes and finally, refilled some soda bottles.

Oh, did I mention I got out the extra personal heater yesterday. I got it unpackaged so I can have it in the office area. I really like it and it has a button on the bottom so if it gets knocked over by the kitties it will automatically turn off.

So I got a lot down today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 27, 2023 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Today is clean out the purse and car day! Plus take 15 minutes to declutter your dresser... I don't have one of these so I am good, LOL.

I am behind on posting because I had my Council meeting at 1pm.

This morning I dustbusted the bathroom, office, kitchen and living room areas. I swear, when I ended up going to take my shower, Sylvester had spilled more litter, LOL.

Then I got all my stuff together for the meeting, I took a bunch of masks down to give away. I had cleaned out my covid supplies and I still have about a 100 different kinds of masks even tho I have given those away.

I have been working my way thru email, need to go and check Twitter, and track down Taran's podcast, and also listen to my DayDrinking podcast.

I think I have the publishing thing set up for the newsletter now I need to find some reporters. I got one arranged but somehow I wasn't clear enough in my direction to "interview Susette about the Alzheimer's Walk", LOL. I ended up having to meet with the person and now I am going to email thema bunch of questions to ask and get back to me.

Ok, off to finish up email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... Fun Day in the Fall

this morning we have a Vet appointment for Sylvester at my old Vet, he is not going to like the car ride over there but I prefer the Vet.

We will see what else gets done once that is finished.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well, we had a REALLY good time at the vet ... $469!!! but I got 3 free cans of food, LOL. I started Sylvester back on his full dose of pills since the Vet explained that a GI issue is to be expected. We are doing a full blood panel to start and we will go from there.

She asked if I wanted to do a different delivery on his pills. I guess there is an ear gel, I am thinking maybe we should try that since she said the dose won't be as strong. But first we shall see where he is on his levels. I have just been trying to get him into the range they show but she said he needs to get down to 2!!

Last blood test he was at 9, so now we are home, I am tired ... it was dark when I got up!! I don't like that and my eyes have felt sleepy droopy ever since.

So far both the kitties like the Hills Prescription Diet Chicken and Vegetable Stew Food, LOL.

Vet did say that usually thryoid issues only come up with older kitties. We had guessed that Sylvester was around 8ish, but based on his teeth he may really be around 12.

So that's where we are for now... Time to read the paper and relax a bit. Finish my coffee and play some computer games.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Mercy! I hope I don't have a day where I age 4 years! Sylvest - actually both your fur babies - is lucky to havve such a caring and well-informed mom!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... Reflection, Relaxation and Fun

Grabbed the Sunday paper and some yogurt, going to tee up Taran and crawl back in bed.

LOL TNT ... so far this morning Sylvester has knocked his grass container onto the floor (from the counter), eaten grass, thrown up and turned his nose up at one of his favorite foods.

I cleaned up the kitchen a bit and got the dishwasher and coffee going.

Off to enjoy the morning.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 29, 2023 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Had a lovely brunch! My neighbor's husband just turned 97 today so they had a nice celebration and shared his birthday cake .. that was really excellent .. with everyone.

I posted the minutes on the bulletin board and grabbed the old Holiday Fund Flyer so I can write a new one for this year.

For now I am going to finish the paper and play some computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 30, 2023 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/sp.php#missions

It's Home Blessing Day and the Zone is Living Room and Entrance/Front Porch and Dining Room. So spend 15 minutes clearing stuff out of the living room that doesn't belong there.

LOL, I actually did clear some stuff out of my living room ... Sylvesters cat carrier. Got it put back in the closet where they sometimes jump into it for a nap. And the other thing there, the new kitty house, is awaiting me putting it together, which is on my list for the day.

But this morning I started out by dealing with the Bathroom, got it dustbusted and the reloaded my mid-day pills. Then I headed to the kitchen where I knew I wanted to work today.

I had noticed that the top of my microwave was dusty and I had a bunch of stuff there, so I took it all down and cleaned the microwave. Then washed the trivets and the antique butter dishes, put the cutting boards into a cabinet since I don't really use them.

Which lead to clearing out some things from the cabinet, for the free box, and then I scrubbed the cabinet door and drawer. Which lead to me cleaning out the drawer, it holds silverware, of extra stuff that I don't use. Oh and I cleaned all the old food out of the fridge.

I haven't even gotten to the side of the kitchen that I wanted to work on, LOL. The kitty food/water bottle area.

For now I am taking a break to enjoy my coffee, clear email and twitter and do some office stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 31, 2023 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
HAPPY HALLOWEEN ....
Tuesday's Mission

It's Plan for the Holidays ... which ones will you do, where will you go, what are you going to spend.

Todays mission .. Sofa diving, clean out under the cushions for the chairs and sofa.

I finally got around to dusting the bedroom! That pledge and rag have been sitting on my nightstand for weeks, LOL. I couldn't believe how much kitty hair was on the lampshade (its next to one of the favorite napping spots). Then I did the TV table. Next up was the kitchen, I did a little clean up but mostly just got the coffee going.

Now I am clearing email, twitter and listening to my podcast.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 31, 2023 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, to get a Covid shot at Safeway it will cost me $160! I think I will try CVS, someone said I could go there, then if that is the same cost I will see about getting an appointment at Kaiser. I did hear that the lines are much shorter now, so maybe I will go and try that.

And Mr. Sylvester is an expensive kitty, we are getting a gel medicine of the pill stuff he has been taking. It's $88! plus $10 to deliver it. The Vet says that it may be easier on his GI tract an help reduce the diarrhea, so we shall give it a try.

He did lose a little weight between his vet visits but it seems to be getting a little less. I should hope so, I have spent a fortune on different foods and kibbles. We currently have 4 kibbles out and available for munching, LOL.

For now I am working on opening the Chewy box and sorting his normal food. I got some new Yum treats because he seems to like those.

Then I will being restocking the cabinet and refilling water bottles.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 31, 2023 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ut oh, Sylvester is wise to me, LOL. I went over to give him his pill and he saw me coming and got up and ran from me, eventually went under the bed, Hahahahaha.

But I tricked him, I told him I was opening the new Chewy box and it had new treats. He did finally come to see what was going on so he got his pill and some of the new treats, lol.

So now I need to go put away all the kitty food and refill some water bottles, then I will go and clean up the balcony.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 31, 2023 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I tried a new method of food. I took the chunky beef in gravy (he usually just licks up the gravy and leaves the chunks) and put it in the blender, then poured it on a plate.

Sylvester looked at me like I was nuts, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 31, 2023 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, Nala licked up some of the "blender Beef" so now Sylvester has decided it is good enough for him.

I got the water bottles refilled and the rest of the kitchen put back together. Dishwasher is reloaded.

Back to email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 31, 2023 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well surprise surprise ... I won the Halloween decoration contest!! I got a really cute thermal coffee cup full of candy. Hahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 01, 2023 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Got all the heaters going this morning, temps really dipped last night, so glad I bought another personal heater yesterday! Also got my new toothbrush, the current one is at least 10 years old and has been doing weird things lately, so I decided since the budget is shot this month (thank you Sylvester), just get all the stuff you have been waiting on, pay it off and reduce spending for the next few months.

Holiday Mission -- get your internet and catalogue orders done so they arrive in time for the holidays.

Today's Mission -- It's anti-procrastination day and clean the cobwebs off the front porch, take down the Halloween decorations.

I probably won't get to my halloween stuff decorations until this weekend. My plan is to clean up the balcony and water the plants. Then the storage room will be ready for the halloween stuff, I only have to change out the flag to Thanksgiving and I will be done so it could get done today, LOL.

For now I am having my coffee and clearing email, twitter and catch up with Taran.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 01, 2023 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru email, next is twitter, but in the meantime I wrote the Holiday Bonus Flyer and did my blood stuff for the Covid 19 Study.

That was hard, I had a bit of a time getting the blood to drop on the little card. And I found out that my ring finger is better than my middle finger, I thought it would be the other way around. Anyway now I have two bandaids on my fingers waiting for the blood card to dry (they say to wait 3 hours). I was impressed with the kit they sent out, it had everything from alcohol wipes to bandaids, LOL.

I need to make some "For Sale" forms for the bulletin board and finalize the Newsletter, then figure out what we are going to publish in the December Newsletter (or should we skip that month0