TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 16, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: Archive through August 16, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2023 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dustbusted the bathroom and put the kitty carrier away. Grabbed the scrub brush.

Oh shoot, I forgot I need to do my Seekers Notes, they give a deal during "happy hour" from 12 to 1pm.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2023 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Went to start my balcony project but Sylvester is sleeping on the chair so I don't want to disturb him.

Guess I will do the minutes and set up my Big Brother stuff first.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2023 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got my Big Brother board done, LOL, no flash cards this year.

And I wrote up the minutes. Now I am trying to get them to fit on one two-sided page. It is cheaper to print. I should research the email blast option, that would cut down on the copying as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2023 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Grabbed the mail when I went down for dinner and got the new PG&E bill. I have been trying to figure out what makes the bill go up and down. Seems that my bill went from $64 to $94, and I have been tracking when I use the AC unit. So I guess it cost me $30 to run the AC for 2 days last month.

Good to know, hopefully we won't have many more heatwaves this summer but it seems we always get hit in Sept or Oct with a surprise heatwave, LOL.

Sylvester finally came in from the balcony so I just moved the kitty box and pulled the litter rug. I need to go out and clean the other litter rug and then do a quick mop of the floor before I can put the new rug down.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2023 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, the rug is washed and now drying. Safeway delivery came in the middle of this operation, LOL, I had totally forgotten about it.

So I got all that stuff put away.

Just waiting for the rug to dry so I can put everything back together in the office. right now the litter box is under my desk, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2023 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Floor is mopped and then I moved the bar stools and mopped under there, there was a lot of kitty dust bunnies, LOL. I am amazed at how much hair they are shedding and I got a new flea comb and combed them both. Got a bunch of hair!

Anyway, then I grabbed the new litter rug and put that down so the litter box is back in place.

I remember why I don't like this one, LOL, the office chair doesn't roll onto it easily, I may have to move the desk forward a bit.

Now I am thinking about running the boxes and recyling out so I don't have to do it in the morning.

off to email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2023 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and I forgot .... I got donuts!!!! I didn't think they would have any left but they did, so excited.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 09, 2023 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Today we get rid of the Leftovers that are going bad, then check the veggie drawers for "science projects" and expiration dates, and finally check for empty bottles! Then wipe down the shelves.

I am ahead of the game, I cleaned out my fridge on Monday, LOL.

Lots to do today with RC. I might have someone interested in the VP position!!! Also trying to get the Newsletter back on track of being distributed the second week of the month.

I am also getting ready for Housekeeping, need to pay my comcast bill and do my normal routines.

I took out the recycling and some trash, also got the counters cleared in the bathroom. Only thing left is to move the litter box once Carolina gets here.

Off to work on email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 09, 2023 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, my meeting went well with Sherwood, who is the Chairperson for the communications committee. I asked him to stay on board when I become President, LOL.

Also figured out some things for the Newsletter going forward. I need to fine tune my "platform" so I can turn in a nomination form ... to myself, LOL.

I heard from the Vet and he is switching Sylvestor to "human prescription" and we chuckled that he can't phone it into Kaiser, LOL. So I need to figure out how to get the prescription / drugs for him. I may give him one pill every other day of the old drug. I don't see how I can get the prescription until Saturday and I don't have an established relationship with a pharmacy. I think my Safeway has a pharmacy that I could use. Hmm, I will have to check into that.

Now I am working on finishing email and twitter. Oh and I found a few more things to dump out of my fridge.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 09, 2023 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Housekeeping came and went, did a great job. Now I have been putting the house back together. Kitchen is quick and easy, just have to get the coffee and sugar back out on the tray.

Put the kitty box and rug back down then decided to do a really good clean ... I wiped down the shelf and all the knickknacks on it, washed the door and cabinet doors, then wiped the picture down that is above the kitty box. It usually gets some litter "dust" and finally I cleaned the outside and upper part of the kitty box. So all I need to do is restock the tp, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 09, 2023 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and I gave Sylvester one pill and some treats, LOL.

Earlier I did take out the boxes to the trash room. Now I am finished up the new email!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 09, 2023 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Final things for the living room off the balcony so the all things are back in place.

Had an idea to put a short form version of the nomination form on the back of the Newsletter that is going out in a few days!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursdays' Mission

It's Errand, mine will be on Saturday and I have a list-LOL, and time to scrub those kitchen counters.

I am running late. Woke up at 3am and couldn't get to sleep so I did stuff, finally back to bed and didn't wake up until my 9:15 alarm.

Seem really tired, probably because I did so many things yesterday. Thinking about having a delivery for dinner and going back to bed now for a nap.

I did do a short nomination form version and we are putting it on the back of the Newsletter so that solves one problem.

Just trying to get thru email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have been meaning to check my bank account for a couple of days and didn't get to it. I even had it on the calendar to check Wednesday to make sure the SS deposit was received.

Finally remembered today and I saw that my rent had not been paid!!!! I remember emailing that I didn't get a bill but went ahead and scheduled my payment and my discover payment too.

Well there was no rent payment but discover got paid. So annoying... so I had to write a check an run it down to the front desk.

Now I am paranoid there was a glitch at BofA and my rent will get paid twice and screw up my account. So now I have to watch my account all the time!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 11, 2023 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Time to clean out the car and purse, plus do a good sweep and mop of the kitchen.

Not sure what I am up to for today. I do have a bunch of office stuff I could work on, maybe a load of laundry, not sure.

Time for the newspaper, some yogurt and a Taran update.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 11, 2023 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded; cleaned up the kitchen a bit and brewed the coffee.

Time to get email cleared.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, August 11, 2023 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
My rent here included three meals a day - and snacks, soft drinks,etc. as desired. I prefer to go to theDR but any and all meals can be delivered to my room. My only "dishes: are an occasional glass from a bedtime glass of wine -

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 12, 2023 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday!! Have Fun Day !!!

Many errands to run, I got up a little late so hurried to shower and get ready to go when my sister arrived. I had everything planned out and it sort of went to hell in a handbasket initially, LOL.

We went over to Banfield, the vet, to get Sylvesters prescription. They asked what pharmacy and I said no, I wanted a written prescription that the Vet said I could pick up. So she said it wasn't there and they couldn't do that. I said, is there a Vet here? Yes. Then have them look at his file and write me the prescription that was discussed on Wednesday. So she said she would talk to the vet.

Now I forgot to mention that my sister had filled to litter bottles of water to put in her radiator because she realized that when she had been at the gas station she must not have gotten the cap secure because now it was gone. So we refilled and headed to the vet and were then stopping at the auto parts store.

Got the radiator cap and the vet called so after buying a couple of gallons of water at the 99 cent store and filling the radiator we headed back and grabbed the prescription.

Finally, I said Let's take deep breaths and wash away the negative things that have happened and go get some breakfast.

That was excellent, then we went to Safeway to get the drugs, and I got a Latte and some stain remover for the laundry. Came back to my house and Sister put found a stud on the wall, that was a real challenge since they don't seem to be where you would expect them, LOL, and rehung the dustbuster.

Then we did some stuff on the Balcony and I sent her home with all kinds of stuff for her and a box for goodwill.

Now I am trying to get caught up on my normal chores, cleaning kitty boxes, playing games, clearing email, listening to podcasts and finding out what happened on twitter.

Off to email now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 13, 2023 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday .. A day of gratitude ...

Had a great brunch ... biscuits and gravy, and I have a great dinner planed from last night's delivery.

Got thru email and now I need to go finish reading the paper, play my computer games and enjoy my coffee.

But first I have to finish up my Big Brother Taran update.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 13, 2023 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got a Echo Dot, guess I will set it up tomorrow. Not sure what I have to do, hope there are some instructions inside.

I wanted to get the one for here so I could understand the problems that some of the residents have. And since it is a "private network" I don't mind having Alexa listening in on me, LOL.

We shall see how it works, off to make some dinner.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 14, 2023 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

HOme Blessing Day - a lot of quick cleanups all around the house and we have moved to the bathroom. Time to clear up any little hot spots that have occurred.

I cleaned up the kitchen, loaded some kitty plates into the dishwasher then went on the balcony and watered plants. Did that because I wanted to close the door and turn on the AC, it is going up to 97 today.

Kitties are not happy about the closed door, LOL bt I refilled their favorite water bucket and put it in the house.

Next is to dustbust the bathroom and office but first I need to find my Taran podcast.

I have a pedicure today!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 14, 2023 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Great pedicure/manicure, I got Barbie pink toe polish, LOL.

I guess I screwed up the bus ... for some reason Leslie didn't go the way I expected, take the lunch people over and drop them off, then take the rest of us. I couldn't figure out where she was going and she stopped at Whole Foods, the lady going to Whole Foods said I want the one on Ignacio Valley where my bank is. So we wasted all this time going to the wrong place for her, so then I was going to be late and she took me but I swear she went the longest way possible, I had already called and said I would be late.

So when she picked me up I asked about lunch, and she said they decided not to go (because it was too late, it was probably 12:30 instead of 11:30), then the lady who wanted to go to Target decided not to go.

Lordy, I didn't want to tell her how to drive there, so just kept my mouth shut, but I have noticed before that she doesn't always go the most direct route or the most logical route. She has just decided the way to go regardless of what her boss has said, LOL, because I made my appointment in conjunction with her boss checking the schedule.

If she would have done it the way her boss had figured it out, everyone would have gotten where they needed to go at the time they needed to be there.

Anyway now I am back with pretty toes and working on email, computer games and the other stuff I need to do for the day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 15, 2023 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Today is planning day for Thursdays Errand day. Check your Bathroom supplies, do you need tp? LOL. Add a 27 fling to find anythings that can go to goodwill.

Only thing planned for today is to get all the chores I didn't get to yesterday and go the the In the News event at 1pm. I am very curious what it is so want to attend.

For now I am working on email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 15, 2023 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the bathroom dustbusted, now I need to do the rest of the areas I had on my list.

Got thru email and twitter but now need to do it again.

Oh and I ordered some Kitten Food, I totally forgot adult cats love kitten food and I am thinking that will help fatten Sylvester back up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 16, 2023 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Time to wash all those bathroom accessories... rugs, shower curtains, etc.

I am going to be doing electronic stuff today. Need to set up the Echo Dot and figure out how to do the voicemail on my "landline" phone. I thought I had it set up but am not sure, then I need to figure out how to set up that Robocop, or whatever Seamonkey calls it, to cut down on the spam.

For now I am going to go read the paper and have some yogurt. Oh, time for Taran's podcast.